PDA

View Full Version : Miko won't go BG

Karaswanton
2007-04-05, 11:06 PM
I don't really see Miko going Blackguard.
Gray Guard has possibilities IMO.

Assassinfox
2007-04-05, 11:14 PM
Depends on whether The Giant agrees with the sick, twisted philosophy behind that prestige class.

StoryKeeper
2007-04-05, 11:21 PM
I doubt it, although it would be kind of cool. One possibility is that she'll pretend to go blackgaurd in order to escape alongside the linear guild or something.

Bork The Fallen
2007-04-05, 11:36 PM
In that case, I think she could pretend so hard that even she starts to believe the lie. Could work for both guards: the gray or the black one

NeonRonin
2007-04-06, 08:12 AM
I don't think it's possible for Miko to pretend much of anything- I got the sense throughout much of the strip that she has no ranks(probably even Negative ranks) in Bluff.

Likewise for Sense Motive- all she ever does is Detect Evil or jump to her own conclusions. (Well, just jump to conclusions now that she's lost her powers...)

MReav
2007-04-06, 09:25 PM
I think if she's going to PRC into something, she might go Ronin (Complete Warrior)

Innis Cabal
2007-04-06, 09:26 PM
i would love to see her go Gray Guard, i think it fits her so well it should be illigal in several countries

EyethatBinds
2007-04-07, 01:53 AM
I think one of the requisites for bgray guard is specoal permission from your order. They have to trust you enough to become a blackguard and Miko's current allies are even less than Nale's.
Only time, and possibly Rich, will tell if Miko ever appears in the story again. But blackguard is a possiblity with her previous levels in monk and her refrance to using power attack against MitD. She would only need to pick up the sundering and find a nice lawful evil devil [or Xykon] to bring her to the darkside of the board? Force? I forget how that part works.

Gaelbert
2007-04-07, 02:10 AM
In order to become a blackguard, first Miko should have to actually believe what she did was evil. Then, if that ever happens, Miko will have to want to keep committing evil acts, overturning all the values she has been taught. I believe that's possible, but not likely.

Setra
2007-04-07, 02:15 AM
In order to become a blackguard, first Miko should have to actually believe what she did was evil.
That'll never happen

aberratio ictus
2007-04-07, 03:43 AM
That'll never happen

Seconded.

I think she will remain a fallen paladin for a while - possibly for the rest of the strip. She's going to fight for her believes, law and good just like she did before, only now in some kind of ronin-styled manner.

Which is quite cool, if I think about it :P

Tulisin
2007-04-07, 04:19 AM
I think it is pretty obvious at this point that Miko will become a lich in the place of Xykon.

Threeshades
2007-04-07, 06:27 AM
I think it is pretty obvious at this point that Miko will become a lich in the place of Xykon.

Absolutely.

All those hints everywhere. so clear.

Setra
2007-04-07, 06:38 AM
Absolutely.

All those hints everywhere. so clear.
Of course! Like.. she has a skeleton! And a Lich has a skeleton!

She.. er.. could cast spells! She's dealt with undead incredibly often...

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-07, 08:06 AM
ZOMG, both Miko and Xykon have black hair (well Xykon had it)!

Alex Kidd
2007-04-07, 08:16 AM
Well, uh white (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0078.html)'s the uh new black I guess....

Anyway, I would have said Death Knight until recently, wouldn't be as fun now that there's already one. Still say she's gonna turn omnicidal and nihilist, and go Kefka Palazzo on everyone's asses.

C'mon it's the only way her serious ego train can go. Next natural step.

I'm the chosen one > My word is law > Even my lord is wrong > the gods have FAILED ME > I know what must be done.

Miko, paladin of the Snarl. Maybe the next bearer of the crimson mantle.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-07, 08:21 AM
Well, uh white (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0078.html)'s the uh new black I guess....

Erm...its just the way it looks on your screen <_< >_>

*flees teh internets police*

DraPrime
2007-04-07, 07:39 PM
In my opinion Miko is probably gonna die on some pointless attempt to arrogantly prove herself to be better than everyone. But she won't ever be a blackguard. She would need to talk to a fiend. And by talk I don't mean: DIE EVILDOER!!!! I WILL MAKE YOU RUE THE DAY YOU WERE BORN!!!!

No. I mean more like some sort of peaceful talk about tea or whatever evil people talk about together.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-07, 07:44 PM
i think she is going to be sticking around, she has set herself up as a villian for the OoTS and she is either loved or hated by the fan base. She is going to be around for a while

Generic PC
2007-04-07, 07:55 PM
Yes, i also beleive she will be sticking around, though i am not sure how she will advance. Black Guard seems the most natural choice for a fallen paladin however, so i do not think that she will become one, seeing how the giant trys to break every stereotype (Fighters are dumb for instance, while Roy definately isnt) he can within reason unless it improves the comic (Thog in the LG, in relation to the above) and IMO, becoming Black Guard vs. becoming Grey Guard will not change that much.

Vladimir
2007-04-07, 08:26 PM
There's alot wrong here. First, Graygaurd isn't in the SRD, it's in a supplement, and to my reference, very little non SRD stuff has made the strip, for whatever reason.

Second, it says right in the description of the class that they dont let just any Paladin apply. Specifically someone as sanctimonious and self righteous as Miko would never make the cut. But maybe I'm biased.

[SPOILER] Really though, she already qualifies for Blackgaurd, maybe. She has power attack, a high enough BaB, and only needs Sunder. Plus it's in the SRD. If the MitD is actually an Outsider, like say an Aspect of the Snarl would be, she played a game with it and had a friendly conversation. That's pretty friendly contact. Just saying. [\SPOILER]

MReav
2007-04-07, 08:37 PM
There's alot wrong here. First, Graygaurd isn't in the SRD, it's in a supplement, and to my reference, very little non SRD stuff has made the strip, for whatever reason.

I'd say that used to be true, but what with the BoVD, MM2, and FF monsters that got introduced, while previously mentioning the Oriental Adventures not too long ago, I would say that what gets into the strip is largely dependent on what supplements The Giant has.

So I don't think we'll be getting really obscure stuff, but the limitation on SRD material is either waved, or the Lawyers will be coming in with a vengeance.

Vladimir
2007-04-07, 08:42 PM
While that may be true, if you look at it in preportion to the rest of the content, the stuff that is non SRD still amounts to "very little" as a perecentage. Which was my point.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-07, 08:45 PM
i dont know if she is going to go GG but i think it isher to a T, or M in this case. She is going to either be fallen or a new made up prestge class, since Elan has one i dont think its to far from beleivable since she is never going to see herself or acts as evil

MReav
2007-04-07, 08:47 PM
While that may be true, if you look at it in preportion to the rest of the content, the stuff that is non SRD still amounts to "very little" as a perecentage. Which was my point.

True, but I'm saying that because it's starting to change in increasing amounts (including homebrew stuff like Titanium Elementals and the Dashing Swordsman), we can no longer discount them as possibilities.

I'm somewhat holding out for either Ronin, or at least I hope that Elan makes a joke about how she PRC'd into Ronin when she actually becomes whatever she becomes.

:miko:: I am Samurai no more! I am now a Ronin!

:elan:: So you took levels in Ronin? Did you swap out those Samurai levels for levels in Ronin, or did you not have enough of those to swap out?

:miko:: ... You know, I'm not even going to bother.

Vladimir
2007-04-07, 09:09 PM
True, but I didn't submit that as my entire case, merely as one facet of a three pronged case. Taken together they make a compelling argument. But who can say what will happen, ultimately?

Oh and by the way, does anybody know how to create a spoiler tag? I suppose I should put one on point 3.

KillerCardinal
2007-04-07, 09:18 PM
True, but I didn't submit that as my entire case, merely as one facet of a three pronged case. Taken together they make a compelling argument. But who can say what will happen, ultimately?

Oh and by the way, does anybody know how to create a spoiler tag? I suppose I should put one on point 3.

You just need to put {SPOILER}Text to hide{\SPOILER}. (Replace the { with [ and } with ]).

Kreistor
2007-04-07, 10:13 PM
The Gray Guard is too obscure to have impact. Miko has a destiny, and that destiny is Impact.

Gray Guard just doesn't have impact. It would require significant explanation.

Blackguard, though not in her immediate future, has Impact and meaning and definition. It would mean something when Miko goes Blackguard.

Of course, the Giant could merely invent his own PrC for Miko just as he has done for Elan. But Elan himself is esotaric and obscure: Miko is not.

DraPrime
2007-04-07, 11:45 PM
The Giant will probably do something so expected I'll stare at my screen and say WTF?!?!?!? for the next five minutes. That's exactly what I did when shojo died.

Sniff...poor shojo, he was so funny.

Setra
2007-04-08, 03:45 AM
The Giant will probably do something so expected I'll stare at my screen and say WTF?!?!?!? for the next five minutes. That's exactly what I did when shojo died.

Sniff...poor shojo, he was so funny.
Yeah, he's good at that.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-08, 06:33 AM
Ronin is a bit meh and why bother. None of its abilities seem to have any real worthwhile flavour apart from Infamy. It's only worth it if you were already a Complete Warrior Samurai and well, if you're one of those I'd see why you might choose to fall.

jindra34
2007-04-08, 05:55 PM
I see Miko going kensei... required obsequios blind devotion... powerful weapon and what not... only problem is who would accept an oath of service from her...

the_tick_rules
2007-04-08, 06:03 PM
yes, Miko's fate is very unclear at the moment.

Yogi
2007-04-08, 06:40 PM
Doesn't the Greyguard description plainly state that people like Miko need not apply? It's supposed to be for people that the order trusts enough to violate their Paladin oath for the greater good, whereas for Miko the only thing stopping her from being a homicidal maniac is her Paladin oath.

The Extinguisher
2007-04-08, 07:54 PM
I know there is a prestige class that is a lawful based one. Like pure law or something.

My guess, Miko will go into that. She does consider her self the ultimate judgement, and is very obviously lawful neutral.

jindra34
2007-04-08, 08:00 PM
I know there is a prestige class that is a lawful based one. Like pure law or something.

My guess, Miko will go into that. She does consider her self the ultimate judgement, and is very obviously lawful neutral.

I'm pretty sure there are like fifty of those though as stated above the kensei fits Miko pretty well... if she can ever get anyone to agree to the oath part...

Kreistor
2007-04-10, 12:22 AM
The Giant is probably limited to only SRD classes and PrC's, so it's either Blackguard or a homegrown PrC like Elan's.

Remember, the Giant does a monthly in Dragon magazine. As part of that agreement, he probably had to clarify or demonstrate lack of intent to encroach on Intellectual Property.