PDA

View Full Version : Mind, Body, and Kick Ass Moves

Nevrmore
2007-04-06, 12:11 AM
Has anyone seen this show? It's all about a guy who finds masters of different karate and weapons styles and has them demonstrate their different specialties. Some of them are wild - One guy is a master of Kiai and can cause you to crumple to the floor with the sound of his own voice. One is currently the only person in the world who has succesfully mastered "Dim Mak", and can kill you by hitting a specific spot on your body with his finger. It's all pretty wild. There are a lot of videos on Youtube, if you care to look it up.

Anyone's thoughts about it?

Kiero
2007-04-06, 08:45 AM
The one with China's Living Treasure was funny. That old guy kicked ass.

Iron_Mouse
2007-04-06, 09:13 AM
Are they killing people in that show, or how did he prove that this Dim Mak works?

Nevrmore
2007-04-06, 02:31 PM
According to the guy who was a master of Dim Mak, a true master has more difficulty keeping people alive with the attack than killing them. So he demonstrated by hitting 5 or 6 of his students in rapid succession and isntantly making them drop to the floor in pain. He then picked them up and hit a few other points on their back and they suddenly felt better.

Amotis
2007-04-06, 03:31 PM
Awesome find dood. Watching them now. I love watching living legends.

edito - damn that old ninja is fast...

bosssmiley
2007-04-07, 09:42 AM
I watched the Japan episode. Watching mockney 'hardman' Chris Crudelli panicking and dodging away from some little Japanese guy who was simply walking slowly towards him was hilarious (internal ki). Even funnier was watching him get effortlessly chucked around the dojo by ninja Grandmaster Hatsumi (the living incarnation of Yoda!).

The wing chun segment was good too. Watching little old nuns shove big, burly builders around Camden Market(?) was teh funny.

Amotis
2007-04-07, 01:29 PM
Yeah, he got annoying after I started watching whole episodes instead of clips. In the clips it was just him and the master, so of course he was put in his place. In the whole episodes he liked to show off a bit for no real reason.

Gygaxphobia
2007-04-07, 04:09 PM
I like the show just for the variety and different cultural elements.
It's very mystical though and tends to play on the 'martial arts = magic' myth.

None of the secret stuff like Dim Mak is really anything like it is shown, and some of the YouTube videos are appalling.

There was a great episode on Escrima (Fillipino sticks and knives) which had some good skills in it.

Solo
2007-04-08, 12:52 AM
Martial arts rock. ^.^

Although if I ever had to get in a fight, I'd bring a gun.

Druid
2007-04-08, 01:25 AM
What channel is this on?