PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Guardian from GW2

Ethaedalus
2015-02-11, 06:51 PM
So here I spent a lot of time and effort creating what I think is a decent homebrewed version of the Guardian class from Guild Wars 2. I hope you guys like it. I give credit to PEACHES for I pulled a lot of inspiration from their homebrew here on the forums. I also give credit to Guild Wars 2.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BwjdIzK7xwzbpTuGC7ovGjRdH13c0dtX7tp5S8-n0lU/edit?usp=sharing

Please comment if you see something that should be fixed or possibly altered.

Wartex1
2015-02-11, 10:18 PM
I haven't played GW2 in a while, but isn't the Guardian essentially a Paladin with a focus on sigils?

Ethaedalus
2015-02-12, 01:54 PM
This class is a bit like the paladin, however I took a different approach to it. It drops spell casting for something similar to the Warlocks invocations, with some differences. I have added quite a bit from last night as well so it is quite different and more refined than when I originally posted it.

Hanuman
2015-02-12, 07:18 PM
The difference between any GW2 character and most DnD classes are that GW2 has no sustain mechanic, it's all run off cooldowns. Even W/Mo in GW1 had 2 pips of energy regen.

K, first, guardians do not have high health. They are more like a D8 class with heavy armor profic, this is because they are often specced to heal and healing a smaller pool is easier.

No dodgerolling.

Are you going to run maneuver sets for weapons?

Ethaedalus
2015-02-12, 07:53 PM
The difference between any GW2 character and most DnD classes are that GW2 has no sustain mechanic, it's all run off cooldowns. Even W/Mo in GW1 had 2 pips of energy regen.

K, first, guardians do not have high health. They are more like a D8 class with heavy armor profic, this is because they are often specced to heal and healing a smaller pool is easier.

No dodgerolling.

Are you going to run maneuver sets for weapons?

I didn't write it to be an exact copy, it takes some ideas and themes from the gw2 class, but I made it my own

Hanuman
2015-02-12, 08:14 PM
Completely understandable, I really like the use of google docs (what I'm using to brew with now anyway).

Perhaps a little picture and intro on the post though? :)

Ethaedalus
2015-02-12, 09:22 PM
Completely understandable, I really like the use of google docs (what I'm using to brew with now anyway).

Perhaps a little picture and intro on the post though? :)

Going to add more fluff material as I go, it's still a work in progress at the moment however it's getting close to.finished

Ethaedalus
2015-02-26, 05:11 PM
I have updated the class for more balance with other classes. I have also added a caster-eqsue archetype to the class.