PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Blink

OrlockDelesian
2015-02-11, 09:36 PM
For the life of me I cannot understand blink (the spell)

I understand the mechanics but not the uses. Can someone enlighten my by oferring a few situations where the spell could apply?

heavyfuel
2015-02-11, 09:42 PM
While you're in the Ethereal Plane, those on the Material Plane can't attack you, or throw spells at you.

I'm AFB, but I'm pretty sureJust checked: You also get to go through solid objects. You can be seen (therefore targeted) if a creature has the ability to see into the plane (See Invisibility spell grants it)

ksilas
2015-02-11, 10:23 PM
hallo there, do you still get a 50% chance to be hit? And do you know if your attack is considered as a sneak attack?

Mellack
2015-02-12, 01:13 AM
If you are ethereal plane, you can only be affected by creatures on that plane. Almost no creatures who are on the prime material plane are also on the ethereal. The only ones I can think of might be some ghosts or other spectral undead, and I am not sure if they work that way in this edition.
Basically, the spell has a 50% chance each round of making you untouchable and unseen until the start of your next turn.

RulesJD
2015-02-12, 03:49 AM
Don't forget that you also get to teleport back in on the Material plane anywhere within 10ft of your last location. Helpful for avoiding AoO, gaining a height advantage, etc. It is the best non-concentration buff spell in the game and my Wizard constantly casts it as his first spell in combat.