PDA

View Full Version : Crusader clarification question

Invader
2015-02-12, 12:11 AM
So I'm clear on the mechanics,

Say you get hit for 12 damage, that fills your delayed damage pool granting a plus 2 bonus to attacks and damage. The next round you sacrifice 5 BaB with stone power, make your attack with the +2 from furious counter strike plus whatever other applicable bonuses you'd have and at the end of your turn 10 damage is basically negated and you you actually take a total of 2 damage from the original attack. Is this all correct?

Flickerdart
2015-02-12, 12:37 AM
That is correct. The damage from the pool is dealt to you as normal damage, meaning that temporary HP can amortize it. Since you're (probably) constantly being attacked, it doesn't actually save you all that much work, since the 10 HP you sunk the previous hit into would have instead protected you against the next hit you take.

Invader
2015-02-12, 09:38 AM
Technically does it matter if I take the damage first or gain the temp hps first or do they cancel out regardless of the order?

Flickerdart
2015-02-12, 10:10 AM
Technically does it matter if I take the damage first or gain the temp hps first or do they cancel out regardless of the order?
You can treat the damage from the pool like damage from an attack for all intents and purposes.

However, because of timing, you'll want to have Stone Power on after there is already damage in the pool. Otherwise, it'll go like this:

Your turn 1: You whack a dude and gain 10 temporary HP from Stone Power.
Enemy turn 1: Enemy smacks you back for 12 damage. 10 of it goes into the pool, 2 dings your THP, which is now at 8.
Start of your turn 2: Your Stone Power temporary HP expires.
End of your turn 2: Your delayed damage pool hits you for 10.

In order to avoid taking damage, you'd need to basically be using Stone Power every turn, and a -5 penalty to attack will make that a dicey proposition.

Invader
2015-02-12, 11:47 AM
Got it, thank you.