PDA

View Full Version : AVB - The Final Frontier

Rizban
2015-02-12, 12:26 AM
SPAAACE and DM only. All intruders shall be banished to the needle mines.

A tall, cloaked figure cautiously picks her way through the crowds around the plaza. Weaving her way through the horde of people, the young grey haired woman passes the great fountain in the center of the plaza and subconsciously clenches her fists. Erinyes Nous wasn't fond of that statue. An eyesore, she thought every time she came into the plaza. Erinyes' cloak was a drab, black garment that covered her entire figure, and obscured her frame. That was the way she preferred it. The less she gave away the better.

She soon made it to her destination, the town crier. After listening for a few minutes from the edge of the crowd, Erinyes pondered her next course of action. I've had good fortune recently, but I can't expect that to last, she thought. I need work. Perhaps Sendungen Imports would have need of my services... Having made her decision the young woman stalked off in the direction of Sendungen Imports.

You enter the shop to find it stocked primarily with spices and fragrant woods, oils and extracts, and a number of curiously carved statuettes. An older man at the counter looks up at you over his reading glasses as you enter but says nothing. A large open book lies on the counter in front of him.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-12, 12:03 PM
Wasting no time, Erinyes strides up to the man sitting behind the counter. "I heard you're offering a reward for the return of a stolen item. What exactly was taken from you?"

Rizban
2015-02-12, 12:34 PM
The man looks confused for a moment before realization crosses his face.

"Ah, you're asking after the job posting. I'm afraid I know nothing about it. You'll need to speak with Islabera, the owner. Shell be at the main office at Pier 2."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-12, 12:59 PM
The man looks confused for a moment before realization crosses his face.

"Ah, you're asking after the job posting. I'm afraid I know nothing about it. You'll need to speak with Islabera, the owner. Shell be at the main office at Pier 2."

"Thanks." Erinyes nods her cloaked head to the man, turns on her heel, and walks out of the shop.

How much time do I have before dark? I'm wondering whether or not visiting the docks is a good idea right now. If I've got time then Erinyes will head to the docks if not I'll look for a cheapish inn to stay at for the night.

Rizban
2015-02-12, 05:00 PM
It's early midafternoon. Probably take 30ish minutes to get there, assuming you don't have to look for the place too hard.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-12, 05:36 PM
In that case Erinyes will head to the docks.
If I need to roll Knowledge (Local) I'll take 10 (20 total).

Rizban
2015-02-12, 07:48 PM
Heading north along Mastiff's Road, you reach a large gatehouse in the city's outer wall, known as Rivergate. It stands open. On the other side, you can see the great river rushing by with a stone causeway built into it just inches above water level, the river flowing through channels under and through the stone. The Fortress is built on a large island in the middle of the causeway.

Looking past the island, you can see another large gatehouse on the far shore. Just beyond that gatehouse is the Docks and outer slums of the city. Looking at it, a shudder sneaks its way down your back.

As you approach Dockside gate, you notice a dozen guardsmen standing watch, though all but two of them seem to watching those coming from the Docks rather than those going to them. As you approach, one of them stops you.

"Ho there. Do you have some business this way?"

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-12, 08:24 PM
Erinyes puts on the most charming expression she can manage before looking at the guard and removing her hood. As her faded gray hair begins to flow in the wind she says, "Ah, hello sir. I'm just going to meet an importer that works by the pier. I'll remember to be back before nightfall." She gives him a wide, easy-going smile.

Diplomacy roll, if necessary: [roll0]

Rizban
2015-02-12, 08:31 PM
"You be taking your life in your own hands. Gate closes just before dusk. Don't miss it."

The guard steps out of your way to let you pass.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-12, 08:45 PM
"I'll be careful." She maintains the smile for a few more paces, for good measure. Re-donning her hood, she drops the act and walks briskly towards pier 2.

Rizban
2015-02-12, 08:57 PM
As you pass through Dockside Gate, you get a sense of stepping into another world. The Docks are quite different from the rest of the city, not just in appearance but in the very feel of the area. It's as if a spirit of malice lingers over the area.

The first few buildings around the gate look to be in good condition and share the same general building style as Old Town on the far side of the river, obviously government buildings of some kind. Farther out, the buildings quickly degenerate into ramshackle structures built in haste for the cheapest cost possible. Interspersed throughout are a few larger buildings of slightly better construction, obviously built as warehouses. To the north, you see rows of "houses" that are little more than dangerously leaning shacks, which you conclude is the area known commonly as The Slums. You know the piers of the Docks are to your left from here, though you can't actually see them from here due to the buildings.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-12, 10:59 PM
Erinyes recalls, as she does every time she visits this part of the city, the stories about the docks she heard from other kids when she was a child. Stories of monsters hiding in the dark, bandits around every corner, demons waiting on the rooftops, and worse. They were little more than exaggerations, but, however hyperbolic they may have been, Erinyes knows they carry an element of truth. The young woman, preferring not to remain on this side of the river any longer than necessary, takes a left towards the main office of Sendungen Imports.

Rizban
2015-02-13, 12:54 PM
You are quickly stopped by a heavily armed hobgoblin patrol. Each carries a number of weapons and wears obviously magical armor. Blue handprints have been painted on their faces.

"H'ain't seed you rounds here afore. You up to no good?"

The one who speaks levels his pike at you.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-13, 02:57 PM
Preferring to bypass this situation quickly, Erinyes removes her hood before saying: "Oh, I'm just here to see an importer by the docks. Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of Sendungen Imports?" She tries to give off the impression of a charming, and harmless woman.

[roll0]

Rizban
2015-02-13, 06:02 PM
The hobgoblin's eyes narrow as he peers at you for a moment. Finally, he steps up to you and sniffs.

"Right. You goes dat way. Make quick."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-13, 08:15 PM
Nodding, Erinyes responds: "Thank you very much." She heads off in the direction indicated by the hobgoblin, deciding, somewhat belatedly, that walking around without her hood on would make her appear less suspicious.

Were those guys part of an easily identifiable group? (If knowledge local is required I'll take 10 (20))

Rizban
2015-02-13, 09:36 PM
The giant blue hand prints on their faces made it rather clear that they are part of the Blue Hand Clan, the hobgoblin tribe that has staked its claim on the Slums and Docks. It's likely they were part of the Extracity Watch, a 'vigilante' group of hobgoblin law enforcement trying to bring order to docks.

It takes you awhile to find the place, as there are no street signs or addresses. However, you do eventually find the building. Sendungen's Imports is a small wooden building built over the water on piers, standing about six feet above the water's surface. It appears to be nothing more than an old boathouse converted into a warehouse converted into an office. You only manage to find it because it is located directly next to Pier 2.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-13, 09:53 PM
Before entering I'll check the horizon for the time, and manifest share pain (3pp) on my psicrystal.
Erinyes attempts to take a mental note of the building's location before entering, eager to finish her business on this side of the river.

Rizban
2015-02-13, 10:21 PM
You have ranks in Survival or Knowledge nature you can use to estimate time by the position of the sun?You guess that it's late afternoon, and that the sun will be setting rather soonish. You do know that the sun tends to set just before 6:30 this time of year.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-13, 10:35 PM
I don't have ranks in those, just wanted a rough estimate.
Erinyes enters the office.

Rizban
2015-02-13, 10:48 PM
The interior looks like little more than a warehouse with several rows of shelves stocked with various goods. It appears that the most common items are foreign spices and fine silks. A tall blond woman with curly hair and a slender build looks up from the paperwork on her desk. She smiles at you broadly, and you notice that she is nearly perfect in appearance. Her clothing is immaculate, and every hair is perfectly in place. There are nobles you've met who would look bad standing next to her. You suddenly feel rather shabby in comparison.

"Hi there! What can I help you with?"

A giggle. She really just punctuated that sentence with a giggle. You start to wonder just how much you're going to hate this woman.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-13, 11:24 PM
Erinyes doesn't even bother trying to outdo this woman. Getting the distinct sense it wouldn't help, Erinyes decides to forgo her usual fake smile. "I heard you're offering a reward for the return of some stolen goods. I've come for details, if you have any." The more she thinks about it the more convinced the psion is that this woman couldn't possibly be as harmless as she seems. It's almost paradoxical that someone this beautiful, and.... giggly, could exist in the docks.

Rizban
2015-02-14, 01:18 AM
Her smile falls, replaced by a brief look of disgust just before she manages a neutral expression.

"You'll need to talk to Isa. She's in the back office."

She picks up an emery board and gives all of her focus to her nails.

You see a door into a back room, most likely the office she mentioned. There's literally nowhere else in the building it could be.

If you knock, a husky voice tells you to enter. Inside, you see a gruff looking dwarven woman in glistening blue plate mail of a dwarven design heavier than any you've seen. Behind her stands a male dwarf in more standard full plate with fiery red hair. His right cheek muscle just beneath his eye twitches periodically as he glares at you.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-14, 10:04 PM
"Tch" Erinyes turns away from the woman, and heads for the office door.
The hell is her problem? wonders the now ticked of psion.
Erinyes glances at each of the dwarves but shifts her gaze to the female one, presumably this 'Isa', before saying: "I was told to inquire here about some stolen goods."

Rizban
2015-02-16, 02:25 AM
The female dwarf reclines a little in her chair.

"You've come to the right place. Tell me something. Why should I hire you?"

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-16, 12:30 PM
Right to business, excellent. At least someone around here knows how to conduct themselves. Thought Erinyes.
"I know this city well, and I'm good at getting the information I want. And really, what's there to lose on your end? I only get paid if I get your property back right?"
Erinyes smiles thinly at the woman and straightens her posture.

Rizban
2015-02-16, 04:38 PM
She snorts and chokes back a laugh.

"Alright, but how are you at fightin'? This isn't some pastry run. You don't look like you've hardly got enough muscle to hold yourself up, let alone take down a grown man in a brawl."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-16, 05:19 PM
"I've seen my share of fights, and frail as I may be I'm no pushover."
Erinyes stretches her right hand directly out in front of her and points her index finger at the floor.
Casting Crystal Shard (1pp) at the floor. (This isn't intended to be threatening)

Rizban
2015-02-16, 06:19 PM
Practically before you can finish casting, a whip of pure force wraps around your throat and begins to squeeze.

"Enough. Both of you."

The red-haired dwarf dismisses his power, and you take a deep breath as air once again is able to flow into your lungs.

"Psionics, eh? We have experience with how effective that can be. Very well, I'm interested, but... repairs to the floor will be deducted from your pay."

She clears her throat before continuing.

"A short time ago, I had a shipment delivered here to the docks. The dock hands I hired to unload had been with me off and on for well over a year, and I had trusted them. Unfortunately, a few of them got it into their minds that the cargo was worth more than their pay and good names. A crate of rare artifacts from a recent archeological dig was stolen. All of the artifacts have since been recovered save one, a horn dedicated to an unknown deity of the seas. The horn has minor magical properties but, even in the wrong hands, isn't particularly dangerous. The majority of its value is historical, but I greatly desire its return to erase the taint my honor for having lost it."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-16, 09:36 PM
After a short coughing fit from lack of oxygen, Erinyes says: "Questions, then: do you know where the thieves are now?
How did you recover the other items?
And why are you calling in outside help? You and your cautious friend here seem... capable" she eyes the red head briefly as she says this.

Very well, I'm interested, but... repairs to the floor will be deducted from your pay.

Ha! I was actually wondering before I did it whether or not it would damage the floor.

Rizban
2015-02-17, 07:25 PM
"A little too capable. My 'friend' here killed the only real leads we had when he recovered the other stolen goods."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-17, 08:42 PM
Erinyes brings her hand to her face, and rubs her forehead in exasperation.
"Alright, then where did you find them?"

Rizban
2015-02-17, 09:52 PM
"They'd holed up in an abandoned building here to wait out the night. He caught them just after sunrise before they left."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-17, 09:58 PM
"Fine. I'll go check the building out. Did you check if they had anything on them?"

Rizban
2015-02-17, 10:08 PM
... She glares at you.

"We're not idiots. Of course we searched them and the building.

Two of them weren't there. I'm assuming one of them has the horn."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-17, 10:26 PM
"Not what I meant.
If this happened recently the other two might not know yet, and they might come back to the same building. So, when was it you caught them?"

Rizban
2015-02-18, 02:22 PM
"Two weeks ago. We already considered that. If it were going to be that easy, I wouldn't have looked to hire help.

Madrigal is known to have skipped town. Gregory, the other man, has gone to ground somewhere in the city. It is my hope that he still has the horn with him. I think it unlikely Madrigal took it with him."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-19, 06:52 PM
"What does this Gregory look like? Is he dangerous?"

Rizban
2015-02-20, 06:07 PM
"Gregory is a gangly, bookish wizard. You know the type, tall, skinny, pale skin, thinning hair. He was mostly there to boost the strength of the other dockhands and oversee the work. He's not too dangerous at the moment... unless he coughs on you. Last I saw him, it seemed he ran afoul of a cleric who cursed him with some nasty diseases."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-24, 09:59 PM
Erinyes nods,
"Anything else I should know?"

Sorry for the delay. The last few days have been insane for me.

Rizban
2015-02-25, 02:39 AM
"Not that I can think of. You're free to come back and ask for more information any time that you need; however, we are fairly busy, so the fewer interruptions, the better."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-26, 12:44 AM
Erinyes nods for the final time, and turns to leave.
"I'll get your property back."
Leaving the building, while deliberately avoiding contact with the annoying blond, Erinyes looks to if the sun has begun to set yet.

Rizban
2015-02-26, 01:55 AM
It is indeed beginning to get late in the day. It's certainly past mid-afternoon, but you can't tell the exact time by the sun. You guess you might have an hour or more before it starts getting dark.

Telling the time of day by the position of the sun is a Survival check.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-26, 12:55 PM
Telling the time of day by the position of the sun is a Survival check.
Just wanted to know if the sun was obviously setting. I'll roll in the future.

I'll look for the wizard across the bridge first. I doubt he's any good at hiding, but if I have to I can see if my... friends know anything about him. Calling the criminals she has worked with friends is an exaggeration, and Erinyes knows it. In her experience asking them for help is rarely worth the cost.

Erinyes heads back to the bridge.

Rizban
2015-02-26, 03:16 PM
She arrives back at Dockside Gate without difficulty.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-02-28, 05:52 PM
Crossing the bridge and re-donning her hood, Erinyes begins to consider where in Aldhaven a fugitive might go to ground.

Knowledge local, just looking for places that might be accommodating to fleeing criminals. [roll0]

Rizban
2015-02-28, 07:18 PM
She realizes that there are any number of places someone could go to ground quite easily. There are any number of places in the Docks and Slums that one could hole up, and there's bound to be a few empty buildings or poorly watched out buildings throughout the city and surrounding farmlands. Hell, someone could just as easily rent a room at the Sad Flint and hide out in comfort for awhile.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-03-01, 12:17 AM
He probably already tried to sell the horn. If I can find his prospective customers maybe I can find him.
Knowledge local (for places he might try to sell it) I'll just take 10 (20 total)
and gather info (see if anyone has seen the horn)[roll0] (time: [roll1])

Rizban
2015-03-04, 09:11 PM
You know only Erbaur's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos in the Plaza as a potential buyer, since you're really quite unfamiliar with the personalities of people in the city, and you're quite certain you remember the sign on the building saying they accepted magical goods in trade.

As to people having seen the horn, you get no results. However, you do receive directions to two different music stores, one of which, The Howling Song, is also in the Plaza. You also hear tale of The Bardic Consortium, a loosely organized guild for bards, musicians, actors, and artists.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-03-07, 08:46 AM
If word gets around that someone's looking to buy a magical horn it might be enough to draw the wizard out.
I'll pose as a customer looking to buy it until I find him.
This thought in mind Erinyes heads for Erbaur's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos.

Rizban
2015-03-07, 07:08 PM
Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos sits on the north-west side of the Plaza on Mastiff's Road. A stout wooden door with elegant etching work opens onto the Plaza. The sign hanging on the corner of the building has a picture of a bag of holding with rings, swords, and other magical items protruding from it and reads:

Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos
Custom magical items, discount rates.
Accepts almost anything magical in trade.
Sizable discount to all new customers!

Inside is a small workshop, about twenty feet by forty feet. On entering, one does not find a true proper shop area, and there is often at least one apprentice noisily working on some magical contraption within.

Near the front are two comfortably upholstered chairs and a small counter which separates the entryway from the workshop. Behind the counter stands a woman of shocking beauty, a nearly perfect face, and shimmering golden hair with trace highlights of blue. Her diaphanous clothing is only just on this side of modest and is really quite distracting. Once you notice her, you find it physically difficult to look anywhere else in the shop... The name tag she wears reads "Clearwater".

"Welcome to Erbauer's! How might I be of assistance to you today?"

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-03-08, 11:48 PM
Erinyes smiles brightly, removes her hood, and walks casually up to the desk.
"Hello Ms...Clearwater. My friend's birthday is coming up, and she just loves magical instruments so I'm looking to get one for her. Now, what did she say her collection was missing again....?"
Erinyes leans her side against the desk and gazes contemplatively into a nearby wall before exclaiming, "Ah!", and turning back to the woman. "That's right, she doesn't have any magical horns. Would you happen to have one in stock?"

Rizban
2015-03-09, 09:49 AM
"No, I'm sorry, we don't keep such things in stock. You can, however, commission one if you'd like. However, if you need something immediately, you might try at The Howling Song across the street."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-03-09, 11:36 AM
"Commission? Maybe another time. This is a bit last minute, you see. Sorry for wasting your time." Erinyes pushes off the counter, and walks out of the store, heading to The Howling Song.

Rizban
2015-03-09, 11:55 AM
A small shop seems to have been constructed in a wide alley between two other buildings. It's only one story tall and very narrow, but it appears to sell musical instruments.

Upon entering, you see the two proprietors having a discussion on which key signatures are the most appropriate to writing a piece concerning Goblin culture. One is a large, muscular humanoid with jet black skin with a few pure white circles. The other looks like nothing more than a slightly humanoid jackal.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-03-10, 06:15 PM
Erinyes walks up to the men, and waits politely for them to notice her.

Rizban
2015-03-13, 03:43 AM
They are so deep into their conversation that they simply don't notice you.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-03-15, 08:40 AM
Seriously? What am I today? A magnet for incompetents?
Erinyes clears her throat somewhat loudly.
"Excuse me. I was wondering if you happen to have any magical horns for sale?"

Rizban
2015-03-18, 05:22 PM
Sorry for the delay. Work has just kept me extremely busy lately.
The jackal-like man's ears flick in your direction as he winces slightly at the sudden interruption, a sour look on his face. The tall, white and black man, however, turns to you with a smile a bit too wide for his face.

"Well, hello! We do indeed have a small collection of magical horns on sale! Come right this way, and I'll show you just what it is we have."

He leads you back towards the back wall of the shop. A large case taking up the majority of the back wall is sealed behind large glass doors. The instruments inside are all of superb workmanship, and a few of them glow faintly.

"Take a look. Take a look! If you're interested in any of these, just let me know, and I'll pull them out for you to examine more closely."

You swear you hear the jackal mutter in the background something about hoping you don't play them too loud.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-03-24, 11:50 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, I can relate. The combination of a cold, and work really screwed me up. My bad.
Regardless, I just realized that, because I'm a moron, I never asked Islabera what the damn horn looks like.
"Oooh, these are beautiful." Peering at the instruments Erinyes tries to appear interested.
"Oh, I should mention this is for my friend, she collects magical instruments..." She trails off for a few moments, still looking at the horns.
"That reminds me! Julia studies obscure deities, you wouldn't happen to have a horn dedicated to one would you?" Erinyes hasn't spoken to Julia in a long time, since they were kids, and she hopes she'll never have to again.

Rizban
2015-03-25, 04:37 PM
Just assume she told you or showed you a drawing or something. I'm not going to penalize you for not RPing out every last minor detail. It's unlikely she'd have sent you out without knowing more about it anyway.
He looks at the horns and shakes his head no before reaching in and picking up a lute.
"We do have this lute dedicated to Illudriel, an elven demigoddess. No deific horns though. What is it you're trying to find? Perhaps we could order it."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-03-26, 03:29 PM
"No horns, huh. Well I guess it is a pretty specific request, haha. Julia has always been picky about these things.
Well if you can find someone selling a deific horn I'd certainly be willing to pay a finder's fee. I'll be staying at the Sad Flint for the next few days so if something comes up just leave a message for Nous." Erinyes flashes the man with a smile.

No leads yet, but these guys might find the wizard if I can't.

Rizban
2015-03-30, 02:04 PM
"Just any horn of divine investiture? That shouldn't be difficult at all. I can likely have something for you tomorrow."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-04-07, 11:36 AM
"Actually if they aren't that rare then a horn dedicated to a god of the sea might be preferable."

Rizban
2015-04-07, 10:54 PM
"Did you have a particular deity in mind? That might make it more difficult to acquire... and consequently more expensive."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-04-08, 11:13 AM
"No, no one in particular."

Rizban
2015-04-08, 02:30 PM
"Okay, come back in a couple of days, and I should have something for you."

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-04-08, 03:16 PM
"Great, thanks."
Erinyes leaves the shop, and heads for the Sad Flint.

Rizban
2015-04-08, 05:28 PM
You arrive at the Sad Flint.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-04-14, 03:11 PM
Entering, Erinyes makes a beeline to the bar, and waits for the bartender after taking out a few coins.

"Room, please."

Rizban
2015-04-15, 05:42 AM
You've seen the routine before. 5 gold later, you have a room reserved.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-04-15, 11:57 AM
Erinyes orders something cheap to eat and drink, and after finishing goes up to her room.

The psion takes off her robe, and lies it next to the bed with the rest of her belongings. Before lying down, however, she grabs her crossbow. A habit that proved useful spending the night in less than accommodating quarters. She knows it probably won't be necessary, but being cautious has never served her wrong.

She goes to sleep, gripping the weapon under her pillow, while thinking about how to finish her work.

Rizban
2015-04-15, 05:20 PM
She spends another 3 gold on her meal and awakes refreshed the next day.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-04-21, 12:15 AM
After waking up Erinyes gathers her belongings, puts on her equipment, and ventures downstairs to eat before leaving for the day.
As soon as she finishes eating, Erinyes leaves the inn and begins to ponder the problem at hand.
I could try to trace where he went after leaving their safehouse, but it has probably been too long by now.
I suppose I can check this 'Bardic Consortium'. They might have more info.

Knowledge local (take 10, 20 total) or gather info if necessary: [roll0] time: [roll1]

Rizban
2015-04-24, 02:33 AM
I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve with your rolls. You didn't actually post any actions...

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-04-25, 12:28 PM
The roll was to find the bardic consortium because it sounded like I didn't know where they would be. The intent is to go talk to them about the horn.

Rizban
2015-04-28, 05:02 PM
The Bardic Convention is held in the north part of the city. It's in Guildsman District but only a street or two over from Old Town, making it one of the nicer parts of the city... barely. The BC is in a large, square building, its walls covered with posters of various performances several layers deep. A large set of double doors is right in the middle.
Have I been calling it "Consortium"? It's totally "Convention". The NPC you asked just remembered the name wrong. Yeah, that's it...

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-04-30, 08:48 AM
In case I don't get another chance to say it before you leave for May, Congrats! I hope everything will be awesome.
Erinyes heads for the Bardic Convention. She used to enjoy seeing bards perform as a kid, but she wouldn't be willing to spend on something so frivolous anymore.
They'll probably respond better to friendliness than professionalism... ugh. I'm getting tired of this.
Pretending comes easily to Erinyes, but she has never enjoyed it.
When she arrives she enters through the double doors.

Rizban
2015-04-30, 11:25 PM
The door readily swings open. As it does, music of various and conflicting types from numerous instruments and voices floods out from within, a cacophony of sound.

Just inside the doors is an entry hall with a few comfortable benches and a secretarial desk behind a counter. There is no one at the desk, but there are eight individuals in the room clustered in groups of twos and threes. None seem to pay any attention to your entry.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-05-25, 11:23 PM
Erinyes walks up to the desk and looks for an attendant or any informational flyers.
Failing that, she would examine the halls branching off the entry way.

Rizban
2015-06-02, 12:01 AM
There is no attendant, though there are numerous scattered stacks of flyers for various upcoming performances. A casual glance through them reveals that many of the dates are already past.

There are two closed doors on either side of the entry hall, and there are two doors on the far side of the large, open room beyond on either side of the raised stage. You see no hallways or other doors.

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-06-03, 06:05 PM
Welcome back!
Erinyes examines the fliers more closely, looking for info on the next event.
After that she walks to the raised stage, and looks to see what is beyond the door to the left.

Rizban
2015-06-08, 02:09 PM
The next event seems to be entitled The Grippli Prince and goes on two weeks from tomorrow.

As you approach the door, you hear someone shout out to you from across the room, "Hey! Where do you think you're going?"

SPAAAAAAACE
2015-06-11, 01:38 PM
Erinyes jumps slightly, stops walking, and turns towards the voice.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to trespass. I just wanted to speak to someone about buying an instrument, and I wasn't sure where to go..."

Rizban
2015-06-11, 08:25 PM
"Then why didn't you just ask someone?" He motions absently to the various knots of people around the room who are now all staring directly at you.