PDA

View Full Version : Warlock: Infinite Mage Armor?

EvanescentHero
2015-02-12, 08:42 AM
So the warlock has an invocation that lets them cast mage armor at will without using a slot. The spell isn't concentration and isn't dispelled when you cast it. The invocation doesn't have a rest restriction. If I'm reading this right, the warlock can cast the spell an infinite number of times, correct?

I don't see this as broken; only two members of my party really benefit from it. I just want to know because recently my warlock player used it to cast the spell on every member of a town the players were evacuating, and I think that's awesome. I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly so I can allow this or deny it in the future.

Laurefindel
2015-02-12, 08:49 AM
Indeed, the warlock can have Mage Armor virtually permanent as long as he/she isn't out for more than 8 hours.

However, this invocation states that only you (the warlock) can be the target; by RaW you cannot cast it on others.

EvanescentHero
2015-02-12, 09:09 AM
Indeed, the warlock can have Mage Armor virtually permanent as long as he/she isn't out for more than 8 hours.

However, this invocation states that only you (the warlock) can be the target; by RaW you cannot cast it on others.

Ah, thank you for the clarification.