PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Which old movie had ninjas in it?

Cheesegear
2015-02-12, 09:50 AM
First time I've ever done one of these. Yeah, it amazes me too. There's a movie I don't remember.

So, very early in the 1990s, I distinctly remember seeing a movie on TV (though I'm pretty sure it was a video). It was a movie about four, maybe five ninjas, who wore white clothes with hoods and masks, who fought a giant shadow monster (or something, I was very young), and at some point lost their 'ninja powers', whatever they happened to be.

Now, I fully realise that this sounds like Power Rangers. But Wikipedia tells me that Power Rangers didn't gain their ninja powers 'til 1995/96, and I'm pretty sure I saw it before then, since I definitely remember watching Power Rangers when they were on TV and I'm really sure that the movie I saw and Power Rangers are two separate things.

Now, if anybody knows of a movie that was a lot like Power Rangers, but wasn't actually, which featured ninjas, then I'm really hoping its that. No. It wasn't anything to do with the 3 Ninjas franchise. I know that franchise like the back of my hand - even the one that had Hulk Hogan in it. :smallyuk:

Hyena
2015-02-12, 09:54 AM
Yeah, you're absoloutely right. It sounds A LOT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_Morphin_Power_Rangers:_The_Movie) like the plot of Power Rangers movie. Except they don't lose their ninja powers, they lose their usual powers and gain ninja in return.
Tell you what, while you check if this is the thing, I'll see other possible variants.

Thrudd
2015-02-12, 10:41 AM
The specific movie you're asking about does not sound familiar. But if you want awesome old movies with ninjas, look up "Dual to the Death" from 1980 or 81. "Five element ninjas" and "shaolin challenges ninja" by the shaw bros.

Cheesegear
2015-02-12, 10:48 AM
"Five element ninjas"

YOU DID IT! That's the one. I have no idea what I was doing watching that when I was five or six maybe. But that's the one. Power Rangers but isn't.

Thrudd
2015-02-12, 11:11 AM
YOU DID IT! That's the one. I have no idea what I was doing watching that when I was five or six maybe. But that's the one. Power Rangers but isn't.

Really? Five element ninjas doesn't seem anything like the description you gave. You can watch it on youtube, though, I think. It is crazy fun.

Cheesegear
2015-02-12, 11:53 AM
Really? Five element ninjas doesn't seem anything like the description you gave.

Like I said, I was probably getting a lot of things wrong because I would've also been watching Power Rangers around the same time that I saw the movie, but I knew they weren't the same thing.