PDA

View Full Version : Creating apocalypse with BoED and BoVD

Nafoulinard
2015-02-12, 07:29 PM
Ok, what if i would to mix ambrosia (the good stuff) and some liquid pain (the evil one) to craft something...

What would be the result of mixing those 2?

I think i'm just greating another Genesis spell or is it only neutral xp?

defiantdan
2015-02-13, 06:42 AM
Nothing would happen if you mixed them. There are no rules on liquid mixing in dnd. At least not anymore. I think there were some in AD&D. Using both in crafting would just net you more xp towards your crafted item. What happens if you mix plantinum pieces and gold pieces to buy something? you bought it.

Nafoulinard
2015-02-13, 10:31 AM
If I do remember correctly, using ambrosia makes the weapon "good" and liquid pain makes it evil with a bad aura too so you are saying the weapon would become of neutral alignment?

That would be equivalent to having a "philosopher stone" with unlimited free xp in it no strings attached :/

Vhaidara
2015-02-13, 11:12 AM
No, it would be both Good and Evil.

Classic citation: Eludecia, The Succubus Paladin (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20050824a). She registers as Good, Evil, Lawful and Chaotic.

Also, I don't see how it becomes a Philosopher's Stone with no strings attached, any more than either Ambrosia or Liquid Pain already are.

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-13, 11:24 AM
No, it would be both Good and Evil.

Classic citation: Eludecia, The Succubus Paladin (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20050824a). She registers as Good, Evil, Lawful and Chaotic.
I never ever want my DM to see this. This would really throw off my "detect evil, let them surrender, and smite if they refuse" order of operations.

Vhaidara
2015-02-13, 11:27 AM
I never ever want my DM to see this. This would really throw off my "detect evil, let them surrender, and smite if they refuse" order of operations.

Oh, I do everything I can to mess with Paladin Evil-dar. The more my Good Aligned characters ping as evil, the better. Tiefling is a good start, as are undead PCs.

atemu1234
2015-02-13, 11:27 AM

Which tends to be a pretty bad way of operating, really.

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-13, 11:43 AM
Which tends to be a pretty bad way of operating, really.
To be fair, my order is usually smoother than that. You've got to let them give you a viable excuse first, they can't you have them surrender or leave. Most of the time they just straight up attack me though. That's probably because lately we have just been dealing with yuan-ti. But I also try to let them surrender before I strike them down. You'd be surprised how many people are just willing to die.

atemu1234
2015-02-13, 11:46 AM
To be fair, my order is usually smoother than that. You've got to let them give you a viable excuse first, they can't you have them surrender or leave. Most of the time they just straight up attack me though. That's probably because lately we have just been dealing with yuan-ti. But I also try to let them surrender before I strike them down. You'd be surprised how many people are just willing to die.

That seems more reasonable than most.

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-13, 12:14 PM
That seems more reasonable than most.
My Paladin is doing his best to represent the big LG, not the weird pseudo LG/CG that is Grey Guard. We have a running joke in our campaign that I am playing Superman and our initiator is Batman.

In regards to the OP, what would you have done with Paladins and Blackguards in your apocalypse? I could imagine there would be a large war over power.

Nafoulinard
2015-02-13, 01:44 PM
well, to my point of view, paladins are the 3rd monstrosity after mage and monk so seriously, i just can't picture a blackguard paladin who would have access to both good and evil stuff and have unlimited crafting xp... my brain want to melt...

The concept behind that succubus is interesting though.
but at the same time, god, she's powerful!

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-13, 01:52 PM
well, to my point of view, paladins are the 3rd monstrosity after mage and monk so seriously, i just can't picture a blackguard paladin who would have access to both good and evil stuff and have unlimited crafting xp... my brain want to melt...
A Blackguard/Paladin hybrid... that's evil and good... together. My Lawful Good-o-meter is in pain just thinking about it. Kneel before Torm!

atemu1234
2015-02-13, 06:46 PM
A Blackguard/Paladin hybrid... that's evil and good... together. My Lawful Good-o-meter is in pain just thinking about it. Kneel before Torm!

Insert headsplosion.