PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder WTF is up with Rasputin's Spell Resistance?

(Un)Inspired
2015-02-12, 10:02 PM
I was looking at Rasputin Must Die! and saw that Rasputin has SR 25 vs. Good.

What?

Where is this coming from? I can see no source for this in his stat block. Other than his spell stitched soul(which doesn't grant SR) he's just a human oracle. Am I missing the source of this SR or just add it in for freebeeze. (Also, I think he has way to many spells Know at certain levels but I haven't looked too closely at that).

Also, what the hell does it do? Does he only have SR against spells with the Good descriptor? Does he have it against spells cast by Good Character? Is his SR only pieced by Good spells or by spells from Good Characters?

I've checked the SRD under spell resistance and it says nothing useful.

Is there something super basic my ineffective brain is failing to process or do the writers and editors for Rasputin Must Die! suck?

Flickerdart
2015-02-12, 10:05 PM
Is there something super basic my ineffective brain is failing to process or do the writers and editors for Rasputin Must Die! suck?
I mean, that kind of goes without saying. Has there been a single well-edited d20 book?

(Un)Inspired
2015-02-12, 10:07 PM
I mean, that kind of goes without saying. Has there been a single well-edited d20 book?

Ok yeah, that's true.

Squirrel_Dude
2015-02-12, 10:13 PM
I mean, that kind of goes without saying. Has there been a single well-edited d20 book?d20 editing isn't that bad, on the whole. Certainly there are problems, and the way the system is built where so many different moving pieces interact with each other magnifies those problems, but it's not as bad as some products I've seen.

*cough* Catalyst Games Shadowrun *cough*

Jeraa
2015-02-12, 10:33 PM
I was looking at Rasputin Must Die! and saw that Rasputin has SR 25 vs. Good.

What?

Where is this coming from? I can see no source for this in his stat block. Other than his spell stitched soul(which doesn't grant SR) he's just a human oracle. Am I missing the source of this SR or just add it in for freebeeze. (Also, I think he has way to many spells Know at certain levels but I haven't looked too closely at that).

Also, what the hell does it do? Does he only have SR against spells with the Good descriptor? Does he have it against spells cast by Good Character? Is his SR only pieced by Good spells or by spells from Good Characters?

I've checked the SRD under spell resistance and it says nothing useful.

It is a function of his Unholy Aura (as the spell), which he gets from the World Engine (which is stated in the stat block). It applies to spells with the [Good] descriptor and spells cast by good-aligned characters.

Before Combat Within the Thrice-Tenth presbytery (Area H6), Rasputin enjoys the benefits of the World Engine's unholy aura and insight bonus to his AC.

(Un)Inspired
2015-02-13, 01:55 AM
It is a function of his Unholy Aura (as the spell), which he gets from the World Engine (which is stated in the stat block). It applies to spells with the [Good] descriptor and spells cast by good-aligned characters.

Omg. You're my hero for finding that. This has been bugging me so much.

Zaq
2015-02-13, 01:18 PM

Compared to a lot of other RPG systems, yes. Yes there has.