PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Looking for a specific item

Tibbit Tamer
2015-02-12, 11:41 PM
Is there any sort of item in 3.5 whether legit or homebrew that would allow someone to take a memory of an event and create a picture, statue or some other image of it? Alternatively is there a spell beside some higher level Enchantment/Divination spells that allow you to do this? I have an NPC who has knowledge of another important NPC. The PCs really need this knowledge, but even more so a picture or something so they can more easily scry or locate this second person.

Any help would be most appreciated :smallsmile:

VariSami
2015-02-13, 05:12 AM
While this does sound like something which might have been construed and statted officially, my own suggestion would be making a custom magic item based around shapesand or raw chaos stuff (from Sandstorm and... Planar Handbook, I think, respectively) and Discern Thoughts. Basically, the item would start reading the person's mind and if they are capable of concentrating on a memory, it will etch a copy of the memory's contents from the naturally malleable materials.

Bullet06320
2015-02-13, 06:02 AM
Telkiira
Lost Empires of Faerun pg 155-6
its an Elvin lore gem that among other things can hold up to 10 distinct memories, viewable by the wearer, but it needs to be programmed with the memories by someone

Painter in a box
2nd ed complete guide to ninjas
it paints a picture of a scene that it can see

use a Telkiira or a lessor homemade version, but add in programmed illusion or similar to basically make a projector, then use the painter in a box to make permanent picture

best I got at the moment

defiantdan
2015-02-13, 06:10 AM
Two skills. autohypnosis (allows you to memorizel something on a DC 15 check) and profession painter ( or any other arts and crafts skill). it's usually for a document but I don't see why you couldn't use it to memorize a face or person or an event.

Bronk
2015-02-13, 06:15 AM
Wand of 'silent image', or put it in a ring of spell storing...

Firest Kathon
2015-02-13, 08:31 AM
Pathfinder brings you the Share Memory (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/share-memory) spell. I seem to remember there is also some item for it (maybe from a PFS scenario), but I only found this 3rd-Party spell (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/rite-publishing---3rd-party-spells/m/memory-crystal).