PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Prison Riot!

ValarMorgulis
2015-02-13, 01:48 AM
You stand on a small ledge before what appears to be an enormous double door, nearly 20 ft. tall and of a similar width. It is constructed of a black material unknown to you, but most reminiscent of ceramic. Faintly glowing runes spider across its surface, thousands... no millions of them, that seem to shift in some unknowable pattern across the doors' surface. Around you swirls the Astral, endless silvery sky as far as the eye can see. And floating in the Astral, directly opposite the door, is an entire legion of devils.

"The doors will remain open for but a moment, so you must enter quickly. Our reports indicate that all cells, except for the Final Imprisonment, have been opened. We believe that the Intruder's goal is to destroy the wards of the Final Imprisonment. Your task, which you are being extravagantly compensated for, is to stop this from occurring. Here is a copy of the Contract, signed by all parties."

The white-haired, slightly portly old man holds out a scroll. One could mistake him for human if not for his small horns, forked tail, and eyes like pools of black oil.

The doors begin to swing open, revealing an enormous hallway stretching into darkness.

"Oh, one other thing I should mention. The Sentinels, if any remain, will treat you as intruders. Quickly now, we wouldn't want anything to escape while the doors are open."

The hallway is 30 ft. wide and 50 ft. high, and made of an obsidian-like stone. It extends at least 100 ft.

Doxkid
2015-02-16, 02:28 AM
Hoss laughs and laughs and laughs. "Now now...we know I am a far greater threat than anything held within this cage. In fact I would say they're luck to have escaped my attention for so long by hiding in there!

Nothing to worry about; I'll make sure this whole mess is sorted out within the eon." The skeletal being faces the other 'people' gathered to do Hell's dirty work and even the magical darkness suffusing it's body cannot hide the charisma dripping from bones. If he still had a face he would most likely be smiling widely at the moment.

"Shall we? There's fun to be had in there!" Hoss glides forward at a steady, relaxed pace; more than willing to lead the group into an ambush perpetrated by creatures even Devils fear, but not quite up for spending that extra bit of effort to pick up some speed.

greenpotato
2015-02-16, 07:55 AM
Freed at last, how long has it been? the wizened orc woman says Let us hope it's not so long that I've forgotten how to kill she says with a chuckle that continues long after it should stop. She steps through the doorway.

darklink_shadow
2015-02-16, 11:31 AM
The great shimmering ooze vibrated slowly and your minds and ears are filled at the same time. <We will see what can be seen. What new forms can be discovered. What new things can be eaten. And the payment... sweet delicious astral crystals. We will not fail to consume this intruder.>

Ten pseudo-pods lurch forward; eight clawed at the end, four with shaggy white fur, two with scales, and two that drip with ichor; the other two were without claws, though one had scales of its own. Propelled by these ten slimy appendages, the ooze crawled through the gate slowly.

3SecondCultist
2015-02-16, 12:32 PM
The man steps forward in measure, reading over the details of the contract with something akin to curiosity. This could help his goals. It seems he is to be working with monsters, but it's nothing Death's Shadow hasn't seen before. Behind his mask, a pair of green eyes glimmer in anticipation. It's the most display of emotion he's allowed himself in nearly a year.

As he hears the voice in his mind, Aerin smiles inwardly. <As long as you let me land a couple of good hits first, we won't have any problems.> His search for more magic is ceaseless, without end. He's looking forward to meeting this 'Final Imprisonment'. Twirling his luminous knives, the man steps forward, and through the door.

I've got my spells up, and I'll roll Knowledge in the OOC.

ValarMorgulis
2015-02-16, 12:48 PM
You move down the hallway at a steady, but leisurely pace. Small sconces set into the walls glow with a faint blue wyrdlight, reflecting off the glassy surfaces of the obsidian-like walls. The result is the disturbing, constant movement of light and shadow across the walls. Smaller passages branch off from the main passage every 100 ft. or so.

Behind you, the doors close with a resounding boom, which strangely fades to silence almost immediately. The faint, spidery runes are visible on this side of the doors as well.

Several minutes pass... when suddenly several devils sprint out from a side passageway ahead of you. Scrambling around the corner, they begin to race directly towards you. A third, just a couple seconds behind the first two, barely makes it into your hall before a huge whirling saw blade lashes out from the side passage, slicing the devil in two as it screams out in pain. The wielder of the blade crashes out of the passageway and into view -- a metal monstrosity of iron clockwork gears, shearing blades, and hammer-like arms.

Light: Shadowy illumination. Distance: The first two devils are 80 ft. away. The metal monstrosity is 100 ft. away. Other: You notice that sounds are quickly muted here as though the stone itself absorbs it.

Doxkid
2015-02-16, 10:47 PM
"Oh my, would look at that! Fun!"

Hoss points a finger at the construct as it, and it alone, will be his entertainment for the minute. From that raised finger a beam of vile like lances out, aimed dead center on the usually large construct.

Vitriolic Eldritch Blast (Ignores spell resitance. Does 2d6 damage per round for 4 additional rounds after initial damage)
[roll0]
[roll1]

ValarMorgulis
2015-02-17, 01:04 PM
Hoss's eldritch blast misses the Anaxim by inches.

The metal monstrosity lumbers towards you and you feel it attacking your magical defenses. It then emits a blast of bone-crushing sonic energy that tears the limbs off of the two devils still running from it.

Swift action: Quickened Greater Dispel, centered on spot in middle of the group [roll0]
Move action: Move 60 ft. towards party. Now 40 ft. away
Standard action: Sonic Blast (Ex) [roll1]. DC 34 Reflex save for 1/2 damage. Affects everyone.

darklink_shadow
2015-02-17, 01:34 PM
The blob of jelly screams in rage at the sonic energy causes unwelcome jiggling. Hurling itself towards the creature, it lifts off the ground and flies through the air to splatter into the creature, all pseudo-pods flailing in rage and pain.

I failed my save, and I see that attack is Ex. Well, darn, I take that damage -15.

HP: 135 after fast healing

All attacks ignore DR as if hitting with Epic, Cold Iron, and Chaotic +5 weaponry.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] Damage
[roll2] acid damage
[roll3] fire damage
[roll4] cold damage
[roll5] electric damage

[roll6] to hit
[roll7] Damage
[roll8] acid damage
[roll9] fire damage
[roll10] cold damage
[roll11] electric damage

[roll12] to hit
[roll13] Damage
[roll14] acid damage
[roll15] fire damage
[roll16] cold damage
[roll17] electric damage

[roll18] to hit
[roll19] Damage
[roll20] acid damage
[roll21] fire damage
[roll22] cold damage
[roll23] electric damage

[roll24] to hit
[roll25] Damage
[roll26] acid damage
[roll27] fire damage
[roll28] cold damage
[roll29] electric damage

[roll30] to hit
[roll31] Damage
[roll32] acid damage
[roll33] fire damage
[roll34] cold damage
[roll35] electric damage

[roll36] to hit
[roll37] Damage
[roll38] acid damage
[roll39] fire damage
[roll40] cold damage
[roll41] electric damage

[roll42] to hit
[roll43] Damage
[roll44] acid damage
[roll45] fire damage
[roll46] cold damage
[roll47] electric damage

[roll48] to hit
[roll49] Damage
[roll50] acid damage
[roll51] fire damage
[roll52] cold damage
[roll53] electric damage

[roll54] to hit
[roll55] Damage
[roll56] acid damage
[roll57] fire damage
[roll58] cold damage
[roll59] electric damage

If hits, a grapple check to start a grapple, [roll60]
if that hits
Constrict Damage!
[roll61] Damage
[roll62] acid damage
[roll63] fire damage
[roll64] cold damage
[roll65] electric damage

ValarMorgulis
2015-02-17, 02:08 PM
The flying spaghetti monster hits with three girallon claws, one dragon claw, and one kruthik claw. All other attacks are blocked by the Anaxim's thick metal plating. Even the attacks that do strike true have difficulty bypassing its armor. The cold and fire seem to have no effect whatsoever, but the acid and electricity cause some damage.

Total damage: 113

greenpotato
2015-02-17, 02:39 PM
"Do we fight that thing?" Nishik says even as she grows and twists, her green skin sprouting scales as she begins changing into a huge green dragon. She claters along the hallway towards the devils before assuming a martial art stance that looks utterly comical when performed by the oversized dragon.

Move Action: Wildshape into adult green dragon
Standard Action: Move: Get adjacent to the closest devil.
Free Action: Activate Karmic Strike

darklink_shadow
2015-02-17, 03:21 PM
<It has injured us, we will destroy it! The fiend is resilient! Rip, tear, shred it to pieces! Leave the devils, they are small and delicious, but without limbs, they pose no real threat...>

Again the voices reverberates as the slime jiggles, causing sounds in both your ears and minds. The voice is pained, and furious.

Doxkid
2015-02-18, 03:09 PM
"Don't run from the fun! Come play!"

Hoss draws a small circle in the air with his recently raised finger and pokes at the center of it. From this gesture a blast of eldritch energy pours forth, frothing and eating at all in its path.

Vitriolic blast on an Eldritch Cone. This deals [roll0] Acid Damage. Spell resistance does not apply and it is a level 6 spell effect for purposes of immunity, etc. Reflex save DC 29 halves.

ValarMorgulis
2015-02-18, 06:02 PM
The Anaxim is struck by the cone of acid, but even now you can see it beginning to repair the damage to its body. It lashes out at the ooze with whirling sawblades, metal fists, and an electric touch attack.

Reflex save
Saw blades attack [roll1][roll2]
Saw blades damage [roll3][roll4]
Fists attack [roll5][roll6]
Fists damage [roll7][roll8]
Electric attack [roll9] touch attack
Electric damage [roll]10d6

ValarMorgulis
2015-02-18, 06:05 PM
Ugh. Here's electric damage [roll0]

darklink_shadow
2015-02-18, 07:49 PM
The giant slimy ball of ooze splutters and explodes, revealing a thin, entirely white humanoid corpse. Anyone with any ranks in knowledge local should recognize him as a changeling. And he is very dead.