PDA

View Full Version : Healer optimization

Shadowscale
2015-02-13, 02:09 AM
As I've read the hanbook I was just wondering what full casting PRCs feats and etc would make the healer the most powerful they could theoretically be (even if it means not being a healbot.) Them getting gate seems to be a nice touch. Any OP race they could take advantage of? Is it true a cleric beats them when it comes to amount of hitpoints healable per spell?

Karl Aegis
2015-02-13, 02:53 AM
War Weaver makes arcane casters better at healing than divine casters.

Melcar
2015-02-13, 03:18 AM
Asd I've read the hanbook I was just wondering what full casting PRCs feats and etc would make the healer the most powerful they could theoretically be (even if it means not being a healbot.) Them getting gate seems to be a nice touch. Any OP race they could take advantage of? Is it true a cleric beats them when it comes to amount of hitpoints healable per spell?

Asd I've read the hanbook I was just wondering what full casting PRCs feats and etc would make the healer the most powerful they could theoretically be (even if it means not being a healbot.) Them getting gate seems to be a nice touch. Any OP race they could take advantage of? Is it true a cleric beats them when it comes to amount of hitpoints healable per spell?

Do you want the optimize the class called healer or the healer as a build?

Hmmm I would take feats like: Augment Healing, Touch of Healing, Divine Ward, Extra Turning, Sacred Healing, Sacred Purification.

If you cast Healthful Rest, then soul of light, then a heightened greater vigor you would give 44 hitpoint back every round.

Troacctid
2015-02-13, 03:41 AM
Step 1: Be good-aligned. Get to know the Sanctified spell list. It will give you a lot more options, and you really need options.
Step 2: Don't prestige out of Healer. If you do, you won't advance your companion, and your companion is great. Remember, several of the alternative companions are also 7th level casters, and you effectively have access to all their spells. You're a little behind, sure, but you're still on par with a Bard, and you have an action economy advantage.
Step 3: Abuse the free symbols from your sphinx companion. They have a long duration. Set them up in advance. Remember that you can call a new companion every day, so you can call the sphinx once a week and get a couatl or whatever for the other six days if you want.
Step 4: Gate is overpowered. Once you hit 9th level spells, abuse it.

Shadowscale
2015-02-13, 05:35 AM
Step 1: Be good-aligned. Get to know the Sanctified spell list. It will give you a lot more options, and you really need options.
Step 2: Don't prestige out of Healer. If you do, you won't advance your companion, and your companion is great. Remember, several of the alternative companions are also 7th level casters, and you effectively have access to all their spells. You're a little behind, sure, but you're still on par with a Bard, and you have an action economy advantage.
Step 3: Abuse the free symbols from your sphinx companion. They have a long duration. Set them up in advance. Remember that you can call a new companion every day, so you can call the sphinx once a week and get a couatl or whatever for the other six days if you want.
Step 4: Gate is overpowered. Once you hit 9th level spells, abuse it.
Any ideas for any good feats or a race?

eggynack
2015-02-13, 11:36 AM
As a sidenote to this, champions of valor features some great sanctified spells in addition to the more widely known ones in the book of exalted deeds. It's a significantly shorter list, but you can get some real versatility out of it.

Edit: As for race, you're a wisdom based caster, so anthropomorphic bat from savage species is clearly going to be great. Lesser aasimar also tends to be quite good, though you're bumping down from a +6 to a +2, so it's a lot less good.