PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Help Finding Spells

zergling.exe
2015-02-13, 01:29 PM
Hello peoples of the playground! I'm looking for spells like scorching ray and magic missile that release multiple 'attacks' against one or many targets. Power level of the spell doesn't matter, but effect needs to be damage of some sort. Twin friendly spells would be most helpful.

Zaq
2015-02-13, 01:49 PM
I take it that simple AoE spells aren't enough for you, right? You want spells with multiple individual targets?

My favorite is Melf's Unicorn Arrow, from PHB2. One unicorn arrow, plus one unicorn arrow for every 3 CL above 5th. Deals good damage, isn't subject to any kind of energy resistance whatsoever, and has a chance of rearranging the battlefield.

Chain Missile (SpC) is basically meant to be a bigger version of Magic Missile. I think it's not really worth the slot, but it fits the criteria you listed.

Naturally, there's Chain Lightning, from the PHB.

Light of [Lunia/Mercuria/Venya] (SpC) is sort of what you want, though it might take too many actions for your taste.

Cloud of Knives (PHB2) might be another option for you. Once per round, you can shoot a dagger as a free action. Only 1/round, but it's a free action after you cast it, so that might work.

Manyjaws (SpC) is a lot of fun if it works.

There's others, but I'd have to go book diving for them.

zergling.exe
2015-02-13, 03:18 PM
I take it that simple AoE spells aren't enough for you, right? You want spells with multiple individual targets?

My favorite is Melf's Unicorn Arrow, from PHB2. One unicorn arrow, plus one unicorn arrow for every 3 CL above 5th. Deals good damage, isn't subject to any kind of energy resistance whatsoever, and has a chance of rearranging the battlefield.

Chain Missile (SpC) is basically meant to be a bigger version of Magic Missile. I think it's not really worth the slot, but it fits the criteria you listed.

Naturally, there's Chain Lightning, from the PHB.

Light of [Lunia/Mercuria/Venya] (SpC) is sort of what you want, though it might take too many actions for your taste.

Cloud of Knives (PHB2) might be another option for you. Once per round, you can shoot a dagger as a free action. Only 1/round, but it's a free action after you cast it, so that might work.

Manyjaws (SpC) is a lot of fun if it works.

There's others, but I'd have to go book diving for them.

Thanks! Melf's Unicorn Arrow and Light of Lunia are the most similar to the type I'm looking for. Cloud of Knives would be helpful being a free action every turn. The others don't really fit what I was looking for.

Darrin
2015-02-13, 09:02 PM
If you're trying to get rid of mirror images quickly:

Ice Darts (Frostburn, Brd/Sor/Wiz 2)
Splinterbolt (Spell Compendium, Dru 2)
Lahm's Finger Darts (BoVD, Corrupt 2)
Elemental Dart (Dragonlance Campaign Setting, Sor/Wiz 2)
Shocking Spark (Dragonlance Campaign Setting, Sor/Wiz 2)
Toothed Tentacle (Lost Empires of Faerun, Sor/Wiz 2)
Scourge of Force (Champions of Ruin, Sor/Wiz 2)
Threesteel (Dragons of Faerun, Sor/Wiz 3)
Stars of Arvandor/Selune (Champions of Valor, Clr/Dru/Rgr 4, Sor/Wiz 3)

zergling.exe
2015-02-14, 03:13 AM
No, nothing as intelligent as that. I just want rapid fire lasery spells. :smallbiggrin:

Are there many more of these spells above second level? They all seem to be rather low leveled.