PDA

View Full Version : The 8(7) Guilds of Xil: Second Job

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-13, 03:13 PM
(New IC thread!)

""Alright then, it's settled.

Eland hands Chistara a wooden (nonlethal) battleaxe. Eland and Chistara take positions opposite and 30ft away from Dwayne and Fife. Eland grabs a rock from the ground.
"As soon as this hits the ground, we go, alright?"

He throws the rock....

and it hits the ground, Dwayne immediately steps in front of Fife and readies an action, he speaks to Fife.
"Any magic?"

Eland witholds his turn for a moment to ask Chistara a question.
"I think we should take out your friend first, Dwaynes obviously defensing him. Would you mind approaching first?"

(Initiative:
Dwayne
Eland (Holding)
Chistara
Fife)

"I can do that."
She opens a small leather bag that she was keeping at her side and withdraws a pen and paper.
"Would you mind writing it all down with as much detail as you want me to tell them? I'll make sure he knows whatever you want me to tell him."

Aldera gives a smile.
"He's not that old. Right this way Mister Tsien."
She begins to lead the way back to Omi's.
----------
Sophia makes her way to the dining room where the bald male servant is currently laying out some fine plates, white with a golden trim, on the table. He sees Sopia, and though he does seem more than cheerful enough, he raises an eyebrow.

"Was that you running about earlier? It's not a big deal, but it's odd... uh... well I'm currently preparing a lunch for Mister Tsung. I was actually going to set a plate for you as well." ------

Shortly after saying this Sophia hears the front door open and in walks Tsung with a female servant that Sophia has not met. She is also shaved and dressed completely in white.

"Ah! I will now fetch the meal!"

He retreats into the door on the far side of the room and returns back into the room with a silver platter. He repeats the process a few times, each time bringing something new. By the time he is finished there is quiet a lot of food set out. Bread, butter, some fish, a mix of roasted greens and a thick white creamy gravy type of sauce.

The man stands there, grinning and obviously proud of the food.

Valery
2015-02-13, 04:54 PM
"I've got heals and some crowd control, but probably only enough crowd control for one of them. I have a few other magic tricks though."

Knowledge Local(Humanoids) [roll0]

NightWolf16a
2015-02-14, 02:15 AM
(New IC thread!)

Aldera gives a smile.
"He's not that old. Right this way Mister Tsien."
She begins to lead the way back to Omi's.
----------
Sophia makes her way to the dining room where the bald male servant is currently laying out some fine plates, white with a golden trim, on the table. He sees Sopia, and though he does seem more than cheerful enough, he raises an eyebrow.

"Was that you running about earlier? It's not a big deal, but it's odd... uh... well I'm currently preparing a lunch for Mister Tsung. I was actually going to set a plate for you as well." ------

Shortly after saying this Sophia hears the front door open and in walks Tsung with a female servant that Sophia has not met. She is also shaved and dressed completely in white.

"Ah! I will now fetch the meal!"

He retreats into the door on the far side of the room and returns back into the room with a silver platter. He repeats the process a few times, each time bringing something new. By the time he is finished there is quiet a lot of food set out. Bread, butter, some fish, a mix of roasted greens and a thick white creamy gravy type of sauce.

The man stands there, grinning and obviously proud of the food.

Ah, Sophia. Glad you can join us.

Tsung Tien looks over the complete overkill of a "luncheon." I am impressed, sir. This is very appetizing to say the least. Shall we dig in? Yes, I said "we." Please feel free to join the feast. There is no way one man or woman can finish it all.

Octauianus
2015-02-15, 12:49 AM
Ah, Sophia. Glad you can join us.

Tsung Tien looks over the complete overkill of a "luncheon." I am impressed, sir. This is very appetizing to say the least. Shall we dig in? Yes, I said "we." Please feel free to join the feast. There is no way one man or woman can finish it all.

"The pleasure is mine" she replies to Tsung before proceeding to the table. She thanks the servant for the food and its fine arrangement. She then waits until the others go to their seats before seating herself.

Samah
2015-02-15, 03:30 PM
Chistara nods, "Certainly, we'll take Fife down first. " She quickcasts TrueStrike, uses Power Attack, and charges Dwayne.

Atk: [roll0]

Dmg: [roll1]

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-15, 07:02 PM
Chistara rushes forward, but Dwayne swings, ready at her approach. He clonks her on the head dealing her 12 nonlethal damage. Chistara retaliates and easily hits Dwayne. Eland runs around both Chistara and Fife.
"I would prefer you follow my orders in action not just in words. Now, get on that side and flank him with me."
He uses his White Raven Tactics, dropping Chistara's initiative to one less than his. Standing to Fife's left, he draws a long sword an swings at the doomsinger, but his sword merely slip off Fife.

(Initiative:
Dwayne
Eland
Chistara <-- Current
Fife)

Aldera begins to sit, but the bald man glances at her and she retreats and remains standing.
"It is not appropriate for the lower cavalars to eat with guests. We will wait until you two are finished."

Samah
2015-02-15, 09:03 PM
"Sorry, he got in my way." She moves around to where Elend wants her and swings at Fife.

Dmg: [roll]1d10+3[roll]

Samah
2015-02-15, 09:05 PM
(Goshdangit.)

[roll0]

Octauianus
2015-02-16, 05:33 PM
"Well, you are more than welcome to join us, sitting and eating" responded Sophia as she seats herself.

NightWolf16a
2015-02-16, 06:18 PM
Tsung opens his mouth for a moment, as if about to say something, but held himself back. Instead, he courteously nodded to the two servants before beginning to eat.

Mid-meal, Tsung asked, Your master, Omi, has been gone for a good while, hasn't he? Where is he right now?

Valery
2015-02-16, 09:46 PM
Fife thinks quickly and attacks what is probably his best friend in the whole world(Chistara). With his sickle, Fife attempts to trip Chistara, as he does this, Fife says to Dawyne, "Flank Chistara!"

If the attack fails to trip Chistara, Fife will drop the sickle to keep from provoking a trip attempt against him.

Melee Touch Attack: [roll0]
Strength Check: [roll1]

Edit: My passive flanking stuff from my Amulet of Teamwork are going.

sparky9042
2015-02-17, 10:55 PM
Ioriston takes the pen and paper and begins writing in great detail about the excursion to Dkraten. Special note is taken to describe the layout of the city as best as he remembers it, with accompanying diagrams, as well as drawings of the Stonesingers, the carts containing weapons, and the machine used to poison the three of them. Ioriston relates any speculation he, Torma, and Harnor have engaged in about the dwarf city's political structure, making sure to note that it is, at best, speculation. He also takes great pains to explain the reasons for any and all actions taken, pausing momentarily before noting his fight with the warforged he mistook for assassins and went harder than necessary against when fighting. It does no good to conceal knowledge, and though it may paint him in a bad light the elf must do what he can to share any and all knowledge gained, even that gained through unsavory means.

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-18, 10:51 AM
"Well, you are more than welcome to join us, sitting and eating"

"Yes, but it is not proper to do so."

Mid-meal, Tsung asked, Your master, Omi, has been gone for a good while, hasn't he? Where is he right now?

"Hmm? Probably attending to his property or double checking on the spider issue."
(Tsung can tell the servant isn't being quite honest, Sophia has no reason to doubt him, I rolled SMotives)

Fife fails to trip Chistara and drops his scythe instead. Dwayne gets around to Chistara's side and manages to hit Chistara for another 16 nonlethal damage. Eland makes a swift swipe, aiming at both Dwayne and Fife, he misses Fife horribly and his long sword simply slides off Dwayne.

(Initiative:
Dwayne
Eland
Chistara <-- Current
Fife)

Qailee folds up the paper once Ioriston returns it to her.
"Thank you. I'll send this right away. Is there anything else you need me to do?"

Torma explains the situation to Charlie, quietly so that Roman doesn't hear. Charlie looks a bit miffed before heading out to the orchard where Torma and Ioriston left Harnor.

sparky9042
2015-02-18, 04:52 PM
"At this point, there is nothing I require or desire on this matter other than to be kept informed of any goings-on regarding Dkraten, although if my services are required again I would be more than willing to provide them. Harnor, on the other hand, may require some restorative magic as a consequence of the poison exposure."

NightWolf16a
2015-02-18, 08:25 PM
"Well, you are more than welcome to join us, sitting and eating"

"Yes, but it is not proper to do so."

"Hmm? Probably attending to his property or double checking on the spider issue."
(Tsung can tell the servant isn't being quite honest, Sophia has no reason to doubt him, I rolled SMotives)

Noticing the small hints of evasiveness in the servants' words, Tsung decides to prod gently for now,

Spider issue? What kind of spider issue?

Octauianus
2015-02-19, 02:10 PM
Sophia continues to eat silently, listening to Tsung's conversation.

Caligstro Smith
2015-02-19, 02:45 PM
Torma goes along with Charlie back to Harnor.

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-19, 07:08 PM
"Poison? and where is he again?"

Charlie leads Torma back out to Harnor. As Torma heads out the door he can hear Roman grumbling about having to wait to hear what happened.
"Bah! That elf! I donno what Harnor was thinking taking new members on stuff like this... it's bad enough the boy never follows the rules. Of course he told you to fetch me, bc if he told Trinida he'd be smashed into the dirt right now."

They find Harnor in the same clearing as before, one of the warforged is awake, though looking very cross, and propped up on a tree with his arms cross. Harnor is sitting at a tree on the opposite side of the clearing.
"Uh, Charlie, meet Geartile. I assume Torma has filled you in?"
"He has."
"Well, I was just telling Geartile over here that we could return his friends and, as an apology, have Twitch make something nice for them."
"Lad... that's going to cost us a lot of time and money."
"See, the thing is, Geartile is a low cavalar. An apology and a captured assassin is enough to get us out of trouble most likely, but it's a bit unfair to them. The amulets for them I can help cover I think... but it means Twitch wouldn't be able to make us anything for..."
"Two months."
"That's not too bad... and I think what Ioriston found out was worth the effort. It was my fault really."

The warforged looks directly at Torma.
"Where. is. the. elf?"

"Your fellow guild members ran into giant spiders on the way here, Master Xiaolong is responsible for the roads from Qui to the main road, so he is responsible for removing any giant spiders that are reported."
(On this Tsung is sure that he is not lying, if he was lying earlier it wasn't about spiders.)

NightWolf16a
2015-02-20, 12:05 AM
"Your fellow guild members ran into giant spiders on the way here, Master Xiaolong is responsible for the roads from Qui to the main road, so he is responsible for removing any giant spiders that are reported."
(On this Tsung is sure that he is not lying, if he was lying earlier it wasn't about spiders.)

Hmm, I see. I do hope they are alright. Out of sheer curiosity, what do Master Xiaolong usually do? Does he lend out the land for farming? Is there some special produce grown and harvested by your village? The village chief must have made it pretty well for himself.

Samah
2015-02-20, 09:32 AM
Chistara grunts from Dwayne's blow then swings again at Fife.

Dmg: [roll1]

Valery
2015-02-20, 11:29 AM
Fife picks up his sickle and uses a rebuke/turn undead to activate Divine Vigor, giving himself +12 temp HP and a move speed of 40ft.

sparky9042
2015-02-20, 10:06 PM
Ioriston hangs his head somewhat. "We were attacked by someone who attempted to use poison in an effort to assassinate us in the night. We successfully captured him, though Harnor suffered somewhat from the poison. Anyway, he should be in the grove outside the guild hall."

Caligstro Smith
2015-02-21, 06:10 PM
"He's around. Can you tell us what you remember about what happened? Or have you already with this fellow?" Torma gestures at Harnor before glancing questioningly at Harnor and Charlie, but doesn't say anything more.

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-22, 12:16 PM
"He owns most of the land used here for farming. Some of it makes its way to supply your large hometown of Pamelon. However, Master Xiaolong does more than just manage a farm, he oversees nearly all activity within this town. He is responsible for upholding Grand Law Chi's laws."

Dwayne misses Chistara with his sword as Fife suddenly becomes a lot healthier looking. Eland flourishes his blade and swings pitifully at Fife, missing.

(Initiative:
Dwayne
Eland
Chistara <-- Current
Fife)

"Alright, lets go meet up with him. Do you need any healing as well?" Qailee asks as the two Cherry Homers beging making their way to the grove. The pass by Roman again who was actually actively studying, Ioriston understands him as he's reciting Arcane.
"Circle...Flames... in blaze..."

(you'll be at the grove on my next post)

"Well, he told me, but if you'd [Geartile] like to fill them in."
"Your. friend. mistook. a. security. guard. as. an. assassin. and. killed. him. We. informed. him. of. his. error. and. demanded. he. met. with. our. small. council. and. face. justice. He. did. not. believe. us. and. instead. killed. my. other. co. workers. I. made. one. last. appeal. to. him. and. then. submitted. to. his. killing. spree. as. I. knew. he. was. far. greater. than. I."

Caligstro Smith
2015-02-22, 12:29 PM
Torma looks over at Harnor, "Well, that about matches up with what we'd learned or suspected so far."

Samah
2015-02-22, 09:50 PM
(So....did I hit Fife last time?)

Chistara frowns and swings at Fife again. "Tsk!"

Dmg: [roll]1d10+39/roll]

Samah
2015-02-22, 09:51 PM
(raaaargh)

[roll0]

Valery
2015-02-22, 10:25 PM
(So....did I hit Fife last time?)

Chistara frowns and swings at Fife again. "Tsk!"

Dmg: [roll]1d10+39/roll]

(I'm so glad you don't have +39 to damage right now XD)

Fife takes a five foot step away from Eland, and still sets himself to flanking position with Chistara. He cast Grease at her defensively.

Concentration Check for the cast(must make a DC16): [roll0]
If successful: DC14 Reflex save or fall.

NightWolf16a
2015-02-23, 01:05 AM
"He owns most of the land used here for farming. Some of it makes its way to supply your large hometown of Pamelon. However, Master Xiaolong does more than just manage a farm, he oversees nearly all activity within this town. He is responsible for upholding Grand Law Chi's laws."

Chi's law? In a Xil country?

sparky9042
2015-02-23, 10:21 AM
Ioriston glances at Roman and smiles. Though the elf can speak and understand Arcane, he cannot quite use the language of magic to bend the world to suit his will, instead relying on his own mental power to do similar. But there are more important matters at hand than the nature of reality, language, and direction of fit issues that Ioriston would love to spend his hours discussing with Harnor, Torma, or Roman (of the latter would listen). Turning back to Qailee, he replies, "I am not presently affected, and I do not believe Torma has suffered much either, though I am unsure as to the exact extent to which he was affected."

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-23, 10:45 AM
"Your nation has freedom of religion and few regulated laws, so we are free to enforce the law of Chi in this town."

(Chistara Reflex save: [roll0]
Both Dwayne and Eland miss again. (these rolls. Sorry for rapid post)
"Argh."

Qailee replies as her and Ioriston enter the clearing in the orchard that Ioriston left Harnor at.
"I'll ask him to"

The two of them walk in on the current conversation. One of the warforged security guards in currently awake with arms crossed and leaning on a tree. He is speaking to Torma as Ioriston rejoins the group.
"What. else. have. you. learned?"
He then notices Ioriston.
"I. don't. like. you."

There's a pause as Qailee moves around the group to Harnor, the two whisper back and forth for a moment.
"Um, guys, we'll be right back."
Harnor explains as he and Qailee leave the clearing for a moment.

Charlie is currently muttering under is breathe, though still audible. He seems to be calculating guild expenses.

Caligstro Smith
2015-02-23, 10:58 AM
"We learned that there actually was an assassin after us. That's him over there." Torma points over at the halfling currently encased in sandstone. "You don't happen to recognize him or know anything else about this by any chance?"

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-23, 12:25 PM
(Sorry, fixing this: Chistara Reflex [roll0]

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-23, 01:30 PM
"That. is. troublesome. Chiite. law. dictates. that. to. so. much. as. threaten. a. guest. without. just. cause. deserves. death. I. do. not. know. the. halfling. Maybe. he. works. for. Smanee. When. you. are. done. questioning. your. assassin. I. demand. we. execute. him. as. punishment."

"Wait now. Ya can't dema-"

"Your. elf. killed. my. allies. I. can. make. a. reasonable. demand."

Caligstro Smith
2015-02-23, 01:49 PM
"Who is Smanee? And why might he have wanted to kill us?"

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-23, 02:15 PM
"I. said. maybe. Smanee. is. a. hobbit."

Caligstro Smith
2015-02-23, 02:31 PM
"Do you know a reason to think that hobbit might work for Smanee other than that both of them are hobbits? And supposing that he does work for Smanee, why then might he have wanted to kill us?"

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-23, 02:37 PM
"They. are. both. hobbits. and. hobbits. are. uncommon. in. Dkraten. Smanee. is. the. obvious. choice. to. command. a. hobbit. As. a. small. council. member. he. has. the. money. to. pay. a. hobbit. The. power. to. command. a. hobbit. and. he. is. a. hobbit. How. would. I. know. why. he. would. want. to. kill. you?"

sparky9042
2015-02-23, 02:57 PM
Ioriston's attitude quickly shifted as he approached the grove to one of remorse. "I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies for my actions last night," he says to the warforged. "Though I do not expect your forgiveness for my...rash acts, know that I am at your service should you require the aid of a seer." The elf then straightens himself out and turns to face the group, his brows furrowed.

"You say Smanee has the authority to order around hobbits? Does this extend to only hobbits, and do the small councilors of other races have similar racially delineated authority?"

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-23, 09:08 PM
The Warforged doesn't respond to Ioriston until he mentions that he is a seer.
"What. is. a. seer?"

To Ioristons next question the warforged responds relatively quickly.
"We. do. not. discriminate. by. race. Just. that. hobbits. are. more. of. an. outsider. race. to. Dkraten. They. empathize. and. follow. Smanee. more. than. the. other. Small. council. members. Dkraten. can. have. racial. tension. but. not. due. to. legal reasons. Only. your. merit. determines. your. cavalar."

Based off your previous rolls and a 25 knowledge history I rolled for you now; you know this to be about as similar to how it works in Chi itself. Individuals can move up and down cavalars (castes) through exceptional performance within their own caste. There is supposedly no racial preference for the nation of Chi, though the highest up races tend to be elves, humans, and gnomes (in Xil it's significantly more mixed). Cavalars are not a linear progression from slave to Emperor. For example, Clergy are somewhat separate in that they nearly never drop to slave status, but they can never rise to emperor (more security for less advancement). This is once again very different from Xil where there's not really any sort of organized caste system (the guilds are more like earning a better position in a company). Finally, from previous rolls (and a 27 Know Geography...), you don't think Dkraten has any sort of tie in with Chi caste wise. They just happen to have a very similar caste system due to worshiping the same deity.

As the warforged finishes talking Qailee returns ahead of Harnor, stomping softly as she walks. She pauses halfway to Ioriston and then moves more slowly around him as if someone was very awkwardly trying to avoid someone. Harnor shows up right behind, looking healthier. With a hand behind his head he gives a grin.
"Did I miss much?"
Despite his demeanor you can tell he is stressed.
"Nothing. I. have. not. told. you."
"Alright, I don't have much to ask Mr. Geartile, but quite a bit for the halfling."

Octauianus
2015-02-24, 02:12 AM
Sophia finishes her meal as the conversation continues. She graciously thanks the attendants. She then heads to her room to prepare her report.

Spot: [roll0] Listen: [roll1]

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-24, 01:40 PM
While still eating you hear footsteps upstairs. Longer post later tonight.

Octauianus
2015-02-24, 08:23 PM
While still eating you hear footsteps upstairs. Longer post later tonight.

Sophia tries to hear what's going on.

NightWolf16a
2015-02-25, 12:24 AM
"Your nation has freedom of religion and few regulated laws, so we are free to enforce the law of Chi in this town."

Ah, I see. Interesting. So where does his duties take him today? Is it something urgent, aside from the spiders?

Oko and Qailee
2015-02-25, 07:44 PM
Sophia walks out, as she does so, she quickly gets a glimpse of a door at the top of the staircase closing (opposite wall but a floor up), she was sure she whoever it as was wearing purple. She can still hear the servants in the kitchen as they reply to Tsung.

The bald male servant takes a seat at the table. As he replies to Tsung he cuts and butters a piece of bread.
"On important business, nothing that you need to worry about."

sparky9042
2015-02-26, 12:33 PM
"It means I specialise in clairsentience, which is essentially the psionic version of divination."

Ioriston then replies to Harnor, a knowing look running across his face, "At this point, we probably should begin interrogating the halfling, then. I'm somewhat concerned he will feign ignorance or feed us false information, though."

Octauianus
2015-02-28, 12:07 AM
Sophia walks out, as she does so, she quickly gets a glimpse of a door at the top of the staircase closing (opposite wall but a floor up), she was sure she whoever it as was wearing purple. She can still hear the servants in the kitchen as they reply to Tsung.

The bald male servant takes a seat at the table. As he replies to Tsung he cuts and butters a piece of bread.

Sophia out of curiosity would like to see who is the person in the purple. Therefore, she goes up the stairs and peeks around the corner (if door is still closed), then she approaches the door quietly and tries to over hear the conversation.

Move Silently [roll0]; Listen: [roll1]

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-01, 01:47 AM
As Sophia moves up the stairs she notices the door is indeed closed now. She can hear an odd "clapping/colliding" sound that seems to be very far into the room. She also hears a voice that sounds pretty far.
"How much is left."
and the unmistakable sound of Omi Xiaolongs voice.
"Just a few more and we're done."

"Alright, elf,I'll leave ya to it, in the meantime I'm gonna go talk to Twitch and the like. Harnor, tell your healer friend that I'll have his payment ready whenever he's here."
With that Charlie makes his way back to the guild hall. Harnor wakes up the halfling who looks fearfully at the Cherry Homers.

"... can I help you?"

Samah
2015-03-02, 03:15 PM
"Curse this sarden slick!" She swings at Fife!!

Atk:

Dmg: [1d10+3

Reflex? (for grease?) [roll1]

Samah
2015-03-02, 03:18 PM
(One of these days I won't mess up on my rolls. Promise.)

[roll0]

(But I guess it works out because Crit. Confirm) [roll1]

sparky9042
2015-03-03, 10:02 AM
Ioriston tilts his head at the halfling inquisitively. "Perhaps. We are curious, you see, and it would be in our mutual best interest if you would... indulge it."

He then mentally locates his psicrystal, and uses it to send out a message on his behalf. Have we confiscated his gear yet? I could perhaps divine the origins of it...

Caligstro Smith
2015-03-03, 10:07 AM
No we haven't. He's still encased in sandstone from when we captured him - all his gear is still underneath that.

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-03, 02:19 PM
(Chistara, you fall, a prone attack takes a -4 penalty, but that still hits Fife for 14 dmg.)

"Indulge it? Uh, ok, what am I indulging? Are you asking me questions?"

"I mean, we can take everything he has now if you guys want."

Caligstro Smith
2015-03-03, 02:27 PM
If we're taking the sandstone off him I think I should knock him out again first, in case he has some trick. Are you good with that, Harnor?

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-03, 02:41 PM
"I'm ok with it, but Geartile might think it a bit brutish. Maybe explain as you knock him out?"

Valery
2015-03-03, 04:07 PM
Fife, finally excited that something went right for him this fight, takes a swing at Chistara.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

sparky9042
2015-03-04, 11:36 AM
That seems like the best course of action. I am going to ask him a few questions before we do, of course.

Ioriston looks back to the halfling, an eyebrow raised. "Yes, we will be asking you questions. First, I grow tired of referring to you by your species. Would you be so kind as to tell us your name? Second, are you carrying any weapons or other potentially dangerous or interesting items of note?"

We ought to empirically test his proclivity for truth-telling.

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-04, 06:43 PM
"Uuuugh. Sam and I have a dagger and that fancy bottle I dropped after you super freaks pummeled me to the ground."

(Sense Motives:
Torma: You think the name is a blatant lie and that he might have more than just a dagger.
Ioriston: You think the name is a blatant lie and that he might have more than just a dagger.)

I think the name is a blatant lie and he probably has more than just a dagger.

Dwayne very awkwardly swings and misses (crit fail)... Eland pulls back his sword as Chistara falls, with Fife distracted he takes careful aim at the back of Fife's neck and begins to swing at the deathsinger...

"Eland!"

Eland pauses his swing at the shouts of a brown haired man of athletic build wearing the usual Minkan green cloak. He is standing at the entrance to the sparring area that the group was dueling at. Eland immediately spins around, but doesn't put away his sword.
"Captain I'nul, did you come to study my technique?"
"I actually came to tell you that you should be in bed. You will be riding out tomorrow with me."
"I was reassigned?" Eland sounds a bit hopeful as he asks.
"No. We got some valuable information that was gathered by three Cherry Homers a few days ago. We found out a bit more and now we're riding out tomorrow morning, it's several days travel and I think you should rest up considering you just got back today with Ashelyn."
"Huh, interesting..."
He then turns to the group.
"I guess that is it for tonight. I think we know how it would have ended anyway don't you three agree."
(Sense Motive: 14, Fife can tell Dwayne is hiding significant anger at that comment by Eland.)

-----------------
Sophia out of curiosity would like to see who is the person in the purple. Therefore, she goes up the stairs and peeks around the corner (if door is still closed), then she approaches the door quietly and tries to over hear the conversation.
---------------------
As Sophia moves up the stairs she notices the door is indeed closed now. She can hear an odd "clapping/colliding" sound that seems to be very far into the room. She also hears a voice that sounds pretty far.
"How much is left."

sparky9042
2015-03-04, 07:00 PM
Ioriston narrows his eyes at the halfling. "Riiiiight...Sam. I... think I'm going to turn this over to Torma for the time being..."

Ioriston then relaxes his gaze towards the halfling somewhat, instead focusing his mind on detecting psionic or magic auras.

Psicrafts:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-04, 08:19 PM
You detect no magic on the halfling.

Valery
2015-03-05, 10:35 PM
Fife stops fighting at the stranger's entrance. He listens and asks, "Cherry Homers? Do you know who? And what'd they find out? If its one of those situations where you'd have to kill me if you told me I'd rather not know, but if you don't have to murder me and mount me on a wall as your trophy, then by all means divulge the information!"

Fife looks down at Chistara, who's still on the ground and asks in a loud whisper, "DO YOU THINK HE CAN SENSE THAT I FEAR HIM????"

NightWolf16a
2015-03-06, 01:16 AM

-----------------
---------------------
"How much is left."

Taking a moment to eat his food, Tsung reconsidered his angle, not wanting to give up his pursuit.

Humor me, please. There is no such thing as "unimportant."

Diplomacy
[roll0]

Caligstro Smith
2015-03-06, 08:43 AM
"Sorry, but we can't have you trying to mislead us, and given the seriousness of your actions last night -- attempted assassination of foreign diplomatic messengers is no joke --, we're going to have to make sure of what you're telling us. I'm sure you understand and would likely do the same in our position."

With that said, Torma forms a funnel of air in the garden, blasting straight down onto the halfling, intending to knock him out again.

So, normally he would get a DC 18 reflex save to avoid this and move to an adjacent square, but he's currently immobilized, encased in sandstone. I'm guessing he doesn't get the save this time?

Non-lethal Bludgeoning Damage: [roll0]

The damage will hit again (another roll) in each subsequent round if I maintain the funnel (which I will until he is unconscious, plus one more round to make sure he's out for a while).

"There, now we can take him out of the stone for a bit to search and strip him of any tricks he might have on him."

Torma then concentrates for a minute or two as he unmakes the sandstone prison. He then begins to take 20 on his search of the halfling, motioning as he does so to the others to aid him.

Search: Whichever of the three of us has the best search modifier (I'm guessing Harnor or Ioriston since I am not an int-based caster) should be our base check, with each of us taking 20 to aid him as well, which would give an additional +3 (or +4 if their aid check managed to exceed 30).

Interestingly (I only just noticed this), aid another only specifies you can't take 10 on an aid another check, but does not prevent you from taking 20. Since searching an unconscious halfling probably doesn't have penalties or negatives associated with failing and is something that can be retried, I am guessing this will work.

Let me know if I'm off base, Qailee?

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-06, 10:59 AM
(You are right, it doesn't say so and honestly it makes sense that you can take 20 on aid another if you think about it. Ioriston actually has the highest Search... so a 34 on Search (Psicrystal can help too))

(Also, really "important" question, you previously dropped your disguise, but never said you put it back up. Are you still a halfling right now? I kept forgetting to ask)
The halfling begins to form a rebuttal but decides against it and just goes along with the funnel of pain. After hes knocked out Geartile speaks.
"Does. that. not. kill. someone?"
"No, it just impressively gives people a lot of bruises and makes them very sore the next morning."

The group then search the hobbit. They find on him a masterwork dagger, 25gp, a thunderstone, and a small button with a flower painted on it that Harnor Identifies as a Panic Buttom of Escaping.

If you guys haven't noticed yet, any stuff you don't want Twitch can put towards crafting magic items for you instead. He is currently busy for 48 days crafting things. Anything after that is on the basis of a "who asks first" vs "how long does this take to make" dealio.

Also, if anyone picked it up, the bottle was an Eversmoking bottle.

"I didn't say it was unimportant, just that you didn't need to know."

The man seems obviously evasive and partially cross towards Tsung.

Captain I'nul looks at Fife for a moment and laughs a bit, he sighs to catch his breathe before responding.
"Relax, I would never mount anyone on my wall. Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as a violent brute, though I didn't think I did. I do know the names of the Cherry Homers, but that is information privy only to those Greywatch wants to inform and members of Cherry Home. So I'm afraid I can't tell you."
(You don't have Guild armbands or anything, I actually remembered this time!)

Valery
2015-03-06, 03:34 PM
"We did leave without our emblems, but I'm sure Greywatch will okay it. We met up with him earlier to deliver one of Maha's pies."

Samah
2015-03-06, 06:34 PM
"Erhm, Fife? Could ye dispell yer grease, mate?" She then looks to I'nul, "We are Cherry Homers, sir, albeit new ones. Me matey likely asks outta curiousness fer our fellows."

Octauianus
2015-03-06, 07:05 PM
"How much is left."

"Alright, elf,I'll leave ya to it, in the meantime I'm gonna go talk to Twitch and the like. Harnor, tell your healer friend that I'll have his payment ready whenever he's here."
With that Charlie makes his way back to the guild hall. Harnor wakes up the halfling who looks fearfully at the Cherry Homers.

"... can I help you?"

Sophia continues to listen for about 30seconds or so before she heads back to her room.

NightWolf16a
2015-03-07, 01:14 AM
"I didn't say it was unimportant, just that you didn't need to know."

The man seems obviously evasive and partially cross towards Tsung.

Sure, I don't need to know, but I want to.

At this point, Tsung drops all signs at courtesy and stands up to look at the man square in the eye.

The only times I hear that is when someone has something to hide. What are you hiding?

Diplomacy
[roll0]

Intimidate
[roll1]

Not sure whether I can keep using diplomacy for this part, so I'll roll both anyways.

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-07, 03:40 PM
"Well, I don't think you're lying, but I currently don't have proof of who you are so I still can't divulge any information or names to you. I'm sorry, but I'm sure you'll find out about what your coworkers have done once you get back home."

He offers a hand to help Chistara out of the grease and then offers his hand to Fife to shake.
"It's nice to meet you though, I am I'nul."

(ok, a lot going on at once.)
Sophia continues to listen in on the conversation and shuffling about going on upstairs.
"That's the last of it."
"Thanks dad."
"I will be down so-"

A loud slam is heard down the stairs in the dining room where Tsung is as the bald servant has gotten up and slammed the table hard, Sophia can hear him replying to Tsung fairly loudly.
"You have been a great guest and it is our duty to treat you hospitably but you. are. not. entitled to know anything you want!"
The female servant begins to say something, but does not, there is nothing but silence downstairs.

Finally, Sophia begins to hear the door to the room she was eavesdropping on open, she makes a dash for her room, but Omi emerges from the room to see her.
"Excuse me. We're you just spying on me?"

(Tsung, with a Listen of 7... you don't hear Omi Xiaolong speaking to Sophia (wow -4 penalty...I rolled you an 11) sadly, the servant rolled an 18 against your intimidate, he is obviously not intimidated, but the female servant is. Sophia, with Sense Motive 17 you can tell Omi is now rather cross and obviously accusing you. You were able to hear everything in the kitchen obviously)

sparky9042
2015-03-07, 05:02 PM
Ioriston disinterestedly piles the gold, thunderstone, dagger, and panic button to the side. He then glances back at the group. "In order to get much out of him, we'll need to ensure he consistently tells the truth. Any ideas?"

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-07, 07:35 PM
"I don't have a spell currently for detecting lies and the like..."

NightWolf16a
2015-03-08, 01:33 AM
Sophia continues to listen in on the conversation and shuffling about going on upstairs.
"That's the last of it."
"Thanks dad."
"I will be down so-"

A loud slam is heard down the stairs in the dining room where Tsung is as the bald servant has gotten up and slammed the table hard, Sophia can hear him replying to Tsung fairly loudly.
"You have been a great guest and it is our duty to treat you hospitably but you. are. not. entitled to know anything you want!"
The female servant begins to say something, but does not, there is nothing but silence downstairs.

Finally, Sophia begins to hear the door to the room she was eavesdropping on open, she makes a dash for her room, but Omi emerges from the room to see her.

(Tsung, with a Listen of 7... you don't hear Omi Xiaolong speaking to Sophia (wow -4 penalty...I rolled you an 11) sadly, the servant rolled an 18 against your intimidate, he is obviously not intimidated, but the female servant is. Sophia, with Sense Motive 17 you can tell Omi is now rather cross and obviously accusing you. You were able to hear everything in the kitchen obviously)

Looking straight on at the man, Tsung does not waver.

And is this how you treat a "great guest" in your house? Why is it that you are so afraid of divulging the location of your master? Pride? Blind loyalty? Or perhaps guilt?

Taking a moment and looking at the frightened Aldera, Tsung decides to take a slightly softer route with her.

Aldera, please. Whatever is going on, I do not want to harm the innocent, but I cannot do so without the truth.

Caligstro Smith
2015-03-09, 08:10 AM
After finishing searching the hobbit, Torma takes a minute to reshape the sandstone encasing back over him. "Is that something anyone in the guild might be able to do? If so, should we just wait to question him when they're available? Or should we just question him now, and then see about confirming what we hear later?"

Valery
2015-03-09, 10:40 AM
"I am Fife McDougal," Fife says, shaking I'nul's hand vigorously. "Chistara and I will likely start the long ride back home in the morning. I'm sure we'll hear about it from everyone later."

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-09, 11:51 AM
(Waiting on Sophia)

"Qailee and Trinida can both do so I think."
He then directs his next question at Ioriston.
"You're a Seer, can you do anything with what we picked off him? If so, maybe try that while I go fetch us a cleric."
Harnor heads towards the guild hall.

"I'm sure you will. I can't imagine many secrets being kept at Cherry Home. I've heard it's a pretty close knit group."

Octauianus
2015-03-09, 02:08 PM
"That's the last of it."
"Thanks dad."
"I will be down so-"

Sophia turns around towards with Omi with a pained look on her face. She says, "Sorry, I just happened to hear...and that bang downstairs scared the hell out of me".

What Sophia says is actually true:

"How much is left."

sparky9042
2015-03-09, 07:43 PM
"I can do that, though it may take some time." Ioriston goes through the gold, picking out a piece at random, then spends fifteen minutes each with the gold piece, the panic button, the thunderstone, and the dagger.

This costs me a grand total of twelve power points, and gets me the last three owners of each item. Well, unless I skip an owner. 10% chance of that, I'd roll them myself but I don't think I should have any chance to know the outcome of those rolls.

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-09, 10:16 PM
Omi calms down and speaks.
"I heard it as well, well... lets see what mess those servants have gotten themselves into."

He walks down the stairs (you can follow if you want) and into the dining room as Aldera tries to reply, but is interrupted by the male servant.
"Aldera, you're not to-
"Shut it! I know what I'm not supposed to say."
Neither servant realizes Omi has walked in until he speaks.
"Not everything should be said, I hope they are not giving you much trouble Mr. Tsien?"

(This is hard, even I didn't think who was the last three people to have each item. Also, that power is amazing.)

(Coins: Male Halfling 27 years Chaotic Neutral, Gained Object through Payment lost due to Violent Murderhobo's -> Male Halfling 34 Years Lawful Neutral, gained object as payment, gave away object as payment -> Male Halfling 55 years old, (Alignment intentionally omitted), gained object as payment, gave away object as payment.
Panic Button: Male Halfling 27 years Chaotic Neutral, Gained Object by purchase lost due to Violent Murderhobo's -> Female Gnome 125 Years Neutral Neutral, Crafted Object and sold it.
Thunderstone: Male Halfling 27 years Chaotic Neutral, Gained Object by purchase lost due to Violent Murderhobo's -> Female Gnome 125 Years Neutral Neutral, Crafted Object and sold it.
Dagger: Male Halfling 27 years Chaotic Neutral, Gained Object by purchase lost due to Violent Murderhobo's -> Male Dwarf 188 Years Neutral Good, Crafted Object and sold it.)

As Ioriston finishes, Harnor returns with Qailee once again. She first goes over to Geartile and mends him up before waiting for the group to decide what they want to do next.
"Thank. you."
"You're welcome."

"Anyway, anything? Or are we ready to get some completely non-violent in anyway interrogation going...? Also, Geartile, if it's ok with you, we should probably carry your friends inside."
"Why. would. that. not. be. ok. with. me?"
"I just didn't want you to think I was rushing you or anything."

Geartile and Harnor each lift up a warforged each.
"You guys are alright here right? I'll be right back, my contact is coming in soon. Also, Snow does indeed know what we're doing and stuff, Qailee already sent what Ioriston told her, and Twitch is working on some presents for our Warforged friends."

(If you guys have nothing else to add, Qailee will go ahead and cast Zone of Truth for Hobbit questioning)

Samah
2015-03-09, 10:49 PM
After gratefully accepting the hand-up Chistara nods. "I cannay blame ye, sir. Tis a tight knit group indeed. We'll hold our curiosity to ourselves 'til we make it home."

sparky9042
2015-03-10, 11:08 AM
Ioriston puts the dagger, thunderstone, and panic button to the side. "These were purchased directly from their crafters, the dagger was made by an elderly male dwarf and the rest a middle-aged female gnome. Neither of them were evil. The coin..." Ioriston, seated, holds the coin just above his head. "The coin was traded around as payment by a few halflings, our current prisoner chaotic, his immediate payer lawful, and the next person in line, unless my divinations skipped someone..."

Ioriston stands up and looks at the group. "A fifty-five year old male halfling whose alignment with the metaphysical forces of good, evil, law, and chaos I could not divine. The absence of this information is as interesting as the information itself would be, as it indicates this halfling wishes to keep his alignment secret for some reason and has the means to do so."

Ioriston turns to face Geartile. "Before you leave, Geartile, do you happen to know about how old Smanee is?"

Octauianus
2015-03-10, 08:14 PM
"I heard it as well, well... lets see what mess those servants have gotten themselves into."

He walks down the stairs (you can follow if you want) and into the dining room as Aldera tries to reply, but is interrupted by the male servant.
"Aldera, you're not to-
"Not everything should be said, I hope they are not giving you much trouble Mr. Tsien?"

(This is hard, even I didn't think who was the last three people to have each item. Also, that power is amazing.)

(Coins: Male Halfling 27 years Chaotic Neutral, Gained Object through Payment lost due to Violent Murderhobo's -> Male Halfling 34 Years Lawful Neutral, gained object as payment, gave away object as payment -> Male Halfling 55 years old, (Alignment intentionally omitted), gained object as payment, gave away object as payment.
Panic Button: Male Halfling 27 years Chaotic Neutral, Gained Object by purchase lost due to Violent Murderhobo's -> Female Gnome 125 Years Neutral Neutral, Crafted Object and sold it.
Thunderstone: Male Halfling 27 years Chaotic Neutral, Gained Object by purchase lost due to Violent Murderhobo's -> Female Gnome 125 Years Neutral Neutral, Crafted Object and sold it.
Dagger: Male Halfling 27 years Chaotic Neutral, Gained Object by purchase lost due to Violent Murderhobo's -> Male Dwarf 188 Years Neutral Good, Crafted Object and sold it.)

As Ioriston finishes, Harnor returns with Qailee once again. She first goes over to Geartile and mends him up before waiting for the group to decide what they want to do next.
"Thank. you."
"You're welcome."

"Anyway, anything? Or are we ready to get some completely non-violent in anyway interrogation going...? Also, Geartile, if it's ok with you, we should probably carry your friends inside."
"Why. would. that. not. be. ok. with. me?"
"I just didn't want you to think I was rushing you or anything."

Geartile and Harnor each lift up a warforged each.
"You guys are alright here right? I'll be right back, my contact is coming in soon. Also, Snow does indeed know what we're doing and stuff, Qailee already sent what Ioriston told her, and Twitch is working on some presents for our Warforged friends."

(If you guys have nothing else to add, Qailee will go ahead and cast Zone of Truth for Hobbit questioning)

Sophia follows Omi down, and tries to figure out what happened downstairs.

NightWolf16a
2015-03-11, 08:41 PM

"Aldera, you're not to-

Considering for a moment what to say, Tsung decides to throw all caution to the wind and pursue,

Not everything needs to be hidden either, Master Xiaolong. Where did you go after you left us, and what were you doing?

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-11, 09:46 PM
"Thank you and I hope you have a blessed travel back, let me know if you need anything within reason before leaving."

"Huh, secret alignment? So evil then..."
"I. do. not. but. I. would. believe. he. is. about. that. age."

The male servant begins to speak, but Omi slowly lifts a finger to his mouth as if making a sign to "shush".
"You two are dismissed as I go ahead and let the Gilde investigators know about the current events here."

He waits for the two servants to leave before he sits down at the table and grabs for a roll of bread and some butter. As he sits Sophia notices a glint underneath his robes... a holy symbol of Chi similar to the ones in the study, but nicer in appearance.
"Wow, looks like Algeron made quite a meal for the two of you. The man has a gift for cooking, and either he or Aldera will be promoted to a higher cavalar this year.

But that's not what you care about, this will take some explaining.

First, I must explain that I am and always have been a huge fan of the guilds. As a worshiper of Chi I am very lawful, but there is something respectable in the reach and scope of the guild system, with some organization it could be an unstoppable force for greatness. As such, I have always pushed for members of my village to join the guild system, not only would we peacefully impose Chi's organization on the guild system slowly, our village would be left alone from the harassment. I was a very proud father the day my son said he would leave to join Gilde.

I was very disappointed a few days ago, when my son returned. You see, he never joined Gilde, and he didn't tell me many details of what he did, only that he was involved in the tactical strike against the largest city in Xil..."
Omi seems to get a bit emotional as he continues on.
"...and that his old man was nothing but a fool and disappointment to the divine law Chi, a waste being at the highest cavalar position, and that Xiaolin Zhu should be the true highest cavalar of our town."
He calms down.
"I asked for details, but he gave me next to none, other than he was an organizational middle man. Only a day later, two Gilde members came riding in to town, asking questions and another making accusations. My son hid and told me not to tell you guys he was there or what he has done, to betray my faith in the guild system and defend him despite his treatment of me. I did it, for one reason...

he is my son.

So he remained hidden, as I instructed you to stay out of the way and my servants to keep you from lurking about, if you had just randomly checked my sons room over these past few days all would have been lost, I am lucky you didn't. I made arrangements for his departure and today I threw the last of what he wanted to take with him out the window and he left not even five minutes ago.

I hope you understand, I am terribly sorry. I cannot let you chase after him and will try to physically prevent you from doing so at the cost of my life or potentially yours. However, if you are afraid of returning empty handed, you are more than welcome to arrest me. Xiaolin Zhu will become the new head cavalar of this small town and I will be put in prison as an accomplice to a massacre.

Now, what will you do?"

(Roll values aren't listed on purpose, I think these are all the rolls relevant to the situation.)

Sense Motive: Sophia, you are certain everything he has said is true. Tsung, you are unsure. Sophia, you can also tell that he is readied for sudden movements, so you can try to run out of the mansion to stop his son but that will result in him likely trying to stop you. However, Omi does not seem aggressive.

Know Relig: El Zilcho sadly.

Listen: Tsung, you can tell that the servants are outside of the room.

Sense Motive (Discernible threat/difficulty): Both of you feel that the servants are little to no threat, Omi, power wise, gives you a feeling he wouldn't go down like any old commoner. (TLDR: He is within + or - 2HD of you guys)

NightWolf16a
2015-03-11, 10:33 PM
The male servant begins to speak, but Omi slowly lifts a finger to his mouth as if making a sign to "shush".
"You two are dismissed as I go ahead and let the Gilde investigators know about the current events here."

He waits for the two servants to leave before he sits down at the table and grabs for a roll of bread and some butter. As he sits Sophia notices a glint underneath his robes... a holy symbol of Chi similar to the ones in the study, but nicer in appearance.
"Wow, looks like Algeron made quite a meal for the two of you. The man has a gift for cooking, and either he or Aldera will be promoted to a higher cavalar this year.

First, I must explain that I am and always have been a huge fan of the guilds. As a worshiper of Chi I am very lawful, but there is something respectable in the reach and scope of the guild system, with some organization it could be an unstoppable force for greatness. As such, I have always pushed for members of my village to join the guild system, not only would we peacefully impose Chi's organization on the guild system slowly, our village would be left alone from the harassment. I was a very proud father the day my son said he would leave to join Gilde.

I was very disappointed a few days ago, when my son returned. You see, he never joined Gilde, and he didn't tell me many details of what he did, only that he was involved in the tactical strike against the largest city in Xil..."
"...and that his old man was nothing but a fool and disappointment to the divine law Chi, a waste being at the highest cavalar position, and that Xiaolin Zhu should be the true highest cavalar of our town."
He calms down.
"I asked for details, but he gave me next to none, other than he was an organizational middle man. Only a day later, two Gilde members came riding in to town, asking questions and another making accusations. My son hid and told me not to tell you guys he was there or what he has done, to betray my faith in the guild system and defend him despite his treatment of me. I did it, for one reason...

he is my son.

So he remained hidden, as I instructed you to stay out of the way and my servants to keep you from lurking about, if you had just randomly checked my sons room over these past few days all would have been lost, I am lucky you didn't. I made arrangements for his departure and today I threw the last of what he wanted to take with him out the window and he left not even five minutes ago.

I hope you understand, I am terribly sorry. I cannot let you chase after him and will try to physically prevent you from doing so at the cost of my life or potentially yours. However, if you are afraid of returning empty handed, you are more than welcome to arrest me. Xiaolin Zhu will become the new head cavalar of this small town and I will be put in prison as an accomplice to a massacre.

Now, what will you do?"

(Roll values aren't listed on purpose, I think these are all the rolls relevant to the situation.)

Sense Motive: Sophia, you are certain everything he has said is true. Tsung, you are unsure. Sophia, you can also tell that he is readied for sudden movements, so you can try to run out of the mansion to stop his son but that will result in him likely trying to stop you. However, Omi does not seem aggressive.

Sense Motive (Discernible threat/difficulty): Both of you feel that the servants are little to no threat, Omi, power wise, gives you a feeling he wouldn't go down like any old commoner. (TLDR: He is within + or - 2HD of you guys)

Tsung looks up and out of the window at the sky.

Ah, curses of Chii, sighs the elf wearily, strangely enough invoking the Chiite god. Why must blood always lead to blood?

He then turns to Sophia, This is your mission. What do you want to do? However, Tsung draws his sword even as he says this, expecting combat.

Octauianus
2015-03-11, 11:21 PM

He calms down.

he is my son.

Now, what will you do?"

Sophia with a pained look on her face (for, she really liked Omi and she was truly grateful for his generosity), states

"Pulvis fulgens" as a glitterdust darts out of her right hand and hits the area where Omi is and behind him.

Valery
2015-03-11, 11:38 PM
"Actually, Chistara, is there anything else that we need to do or would you like to head back now? We've been away from the guild house for a while now. They might've forgotten that we exist!"

sparky9042
2015-03-13, 09:02 AM
Ioriston nods in agreement. "Given the circumstances I would suspect that to be the case as well. Of course, there may be more than one halfling of about fifty-five who uses alignment-concealing abjurations in Dkraten, but given what we know so far..."

The elf looks down at the prisoner. "We should probably begin interrogating him..."

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-13, 10:08 PM
(Initiative was rolled in the OOC chat since Omi was expecting combat you don't get a surprise round against him)
Sophia immediately begins casting her spell, but Omi reacted quickly enough to cast a spell of his own, exiting his chair as he does so.
"Lexinatris!"
He suddenly becomes a lot healthier looking and far stronger looking. The room erupts in glitter, but Omi manages to resist the blinding.

(Initiative:
Tsung <- Current, sword is drawn)
Omi
Sophia)

"Ok, but don't hurt him." Qailee says, tries to avoid looking at Ioriston directly. She casts a bright white magic circle on the area the halfling is sitting in.

NightWolf16a
2015-03-14, 12:14 AM
(Initiative was rolled in the OOC chat since Omi was expecting combat you don't get a surprise round against him)
Sophia immediately begins casting her spell, but Omi reacted quickly enough to cast a spell of his own, exiting his chair as he does so.
"Lexinatris!"
He suddenly becomes a lot healthier looking and far stronger looking. The room erupts in glitter, but Omi manages to resist the blinding.

(Initiative:
Tsung <- Current, sword is drawn)
Omi
Sophia)

Tsung, seeing Omi is fully prepared for a fight, prepares himself and drawing on his knowledge of combat against humanoids,

Since I don't know what to roll against Omi, I am going to roll every knowledge Tsung knows
Arcana: [roll0]
Dungeoneering: [roll1]
Nature: [roll2]
Religion: [roll3]
The Planes: [roll4]

and springs into an attack himself, moving next to Omi and swings his large Elven Courtblade

Attack
[roll5]
Damage (Not including Knowledge Devotion bonus)
[roll6]
Confirm Critical, just in case
[roll7]

Wait, what? How did I get a 5 on 1d10+8? That's literally impossible... :smallconfused:
Ah, well. I most likely missed anyways.

Octauianus
2015-03-14, 01:26 AM
Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Spellcraft?: [roll1]

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-14, 02:16 AM
Sophia recognizes the spell as Divine Power. Also, Omi is a human, all humanoids are knowledge Local.

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-15, 01:21 PM
(In conv)

Tsung rushes forward and manages to give a good cut to the now much more physically imposing Omi Xialong.
"You would try to kill me?! An old man who said he would let himself be arrested!"
His hand glows blue and he swipes at Tsung, who narrowly dodges, before he 5ft steps back. Both servants run into the room and jump to grapple Sophia, but neither of them manages to grab a hold of her.
"Let him you mosnters!"
(Initiative:
Tsung
Omi
Sophia <- Current)

(2 servants are next to Sophia, Omi is 5ft away from Tsung)

You recognize the spell Omi cast as Shivering Touch, which deals 3d6 dexterity damage. There is still a charge of it on his hand.

sparky9042
2015-03-15, 03:58 PM
Ioriston approaches the halfling and gently jostles an exposed body part until he wakes up.

Psicraft to know that Zone of Truth is in fact Zone of Truth: [roll0]
Will Save vs Zone of Truth: [roll1]

Upon the halfling's awakening, Ioriston speaks. "Before we begin a more thorough interrogation, please state your name and age."

Samah
2015-03-16, 07:23 PM
"Nah, I've nuthin more ta do. We can be off as soon as tis light." She grins. "I'd like ta see how our other rookies have done."

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-17, 06:43 PM
"Jam, 27."

(Sooo moving forward? I'll do so next post)

(Hey guys, I'm flying halfway across the country tomorrow morning for a conference, so IDK if I'll make an Xil posts for a while)

sparky9042
2015-03-19, 10:32 AM
Ioriston nods, then follows up, "What is the name and age of the halfling on the small council?"

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-19, 05:32 PM
"Smanee... I don't know what his age is, why would I know that?

Octauianus
2015-03-19, 08:51 PM
(In conv)

Tsung rushes forward and manages to give a good cut to the now much more physically imposing Omi Xialong.
"You would try to kill me?! An old man who said he would let himself be arrested!"
His hand glows blue and he swipes at Tsung, who narrowly dodges, before he 5ft steps back. Both servants run into the room and jump to grapple Sophia, but neither of them manages to grab a hold of her.
"Let him you mosnters!"
(Initiative:
Tsung
Omi
Sophia <- Current)

(2 servants are next to Sophia, Omi is 5ft away from Tsung)

You recognize the spell Omi cast as Shivering Touch, which deals 3d6 dexterity damage. There is still a charge of it on his hand.

Sophia casts fly to get out of reach of the servants and goes up close to the ceiling.

sparky9042
2015-03-22, 09:10 PM
"I was merely curious. That piece of information would have proven useful." Ioriston shrugs slightly, then returns to his questioning. "What was the nature of your task last night, who assigned that task to you, and were you paid and if so how much?"

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-23, 03:26 PM
Neither servant is able to stop Sophia from flying upwards. (Neither of them threaten with unarmed strikes)

(Initiative:
Tsung <-Current
Omi
Sophia)

"I was supposed to fill your room with smoke from that mushroom. Some guy assigned it to me and I got paid 20 gold and was promised more on completion. Not bad for what should have been an hour of work you know?"

sparky9042
2015-03-23, 10:52 PM
"Who assigned you the task and is this person affiliated closely with Smanee?"

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-24, 08:47 AM
"I just told you it was some guy and I don't know, he may have been associated with Smanee, he made a convincing case that I would be covered after you guys were found dead.

NightWolf16a
2015-03-26, 12:42 PM
Tsugn attacks Omi again before assessing his opponent's condition

Heal Check
[roll0]

Attack Roll
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Confirm Critical
[roll3]

Sophia, go after Omi's son! Hurry!

Oh no... I nat 1'ed.

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-26, 05:55 PM
(Alright guys, I'm pseudo-recovered from my Portland trip, all I'm stuck with now is exams and projects.)

Tsung moves forward, but completely misses old man Omi. Omi seems shocked and clearly more worried at Tsungs words.

"No! You won't!"

He leaps another 5 ft from Tsung again before placing his hand against the floor of his room (Sophia recognizes the spell as Stone Shape, indicating there is stone underneath the wooden floors). There's a light rumbling and a wall of stone then blocks the exit to the room, leaving only the glass window and the doorway neither of the Gilde members have been through (presumably to the kitchen) as ways out of the room. The two servants grab glasses off the table and throw them at Tsung, but both of them miss him and the glass shatters against the wall near him.

(Initiative
Tsung
Omi
Sophia <-Current)

http://s21.postimg.org/sm9y2k65j/Dress.png

(Sorry, didn't realize you guys were ready to fast forward.)
The night goes on (Fife, you can make another craft check btw) and passes quietly. The Cherry Homers find the morning bustling with activity as the Minkans are all about, several preparing horses. Of course, it is lightly raining making trudging in the guild hall annoying at best. As the Cherry Homers begin to mount a Minkan approaches and casts some spells on their horses.

"A gift from captain I'nul, if you want your horses will be able to ride much faster and longer, of course you don't have to take advantage of it if you don't want."

(Will forward again soontm)

sparky9042
2015-03-26, 07:00 PM
Ioriston scowls, furrows his brow momentarily, then recovers, "And the assassination job, is that in line with what you normally do for a living?"

Oko and Qailee
2015-03-26, 08:23 PM
"Well, kinda. I was mostly doing small time robberies and stuff. Dkraten has lots to take you know? But I don't turn down a job where everythings provided. I didn't think there would be super freaks involved though. I feel like they hired the wrong guy for this."

sparky9042
2015-03-29, 04:19 PM
"Small time robberies of people living within Dkraten? So, what sort of targets do you normally rob from, what are you usually taking, and on whose behalf if anyone? Further, would you know anything about organized crime within Dkraten?"

Oko and Qailee
2015-04-07, 07:53 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19077315&postcount=1191