PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Evangelist (archetype) Cleric in a pirate campaign: Choosing a god

Baroncognito
2015-02-13, 05:52 PM
Diety options:

Besmara, an obvious choice.
Advantages: Some useful magic items, easy to explain motivation.
Disadvantages: Kind of obvious.
Biggest draw: Using Perform (Oratory) to deliver Long John Silver's speech from Muppet Treasure Island. "When I was just a lad, looking for my true vocation, my father said, now son, this choice deserves deliberation. Now you could be a doctor, or perhaps a financier, but my boy why not consider a more challenging career?" Also, I'd get to annoy the rest of the party with pirates of Penzance when inappropriate.

Pharasma, a bit harder.
Advantages: Evangelist gives up spontaneous cure spells, so I could take healing domain to start with and then retrain to Water domain when I don't need it anymore.
Disadvantages: Concept. Why would a cleric of Pharasma want to be a pirate? Also, what sort of oratory would I deliver?
Biggest draw: Only god with healing and water domains that I could find.

Bokrug, just because it seems fun.
Advantages: Worshipping Godzilla. The possibility of Godzilla using Vengeful Dreams on my enemies if I get killed.
Disadvantages: There's no Gamera god to be violently opposed to. Flavor is more suited to a non-adventuring cleric. Can't really think of things to preach besides "Keep Bokrug asleep and happy!" or perhaps the "Galactus is coming! (http://foo.ca/wp/chick-tract-satire/galactus-is-coming/)" approach. "Bokrug, take this chicken, please don't eat us."
Biggest draw: Godzilla.