PDA

View Full Version : Glorifying Banned Users

Rama_Lei
2007-04-06, 10:25 AM
Protesting Bannings/Glorifying or Discussing Banned Posters: We value our posters, and take care only to ban posters who commit egregious or repeated violations of our Rules. Once that action is taken, though, it is an Inappropriate topic to discuss, glorify, or memorialize banned posters or their rules violations. We have found in the past that such displays are disruptive to the community. If you have a concern regarding a banned poster, we ask that you send a PM to WampaX, the board guru for these forums.Are we still allowed to reference posts they've made? For instance, am I allowed to say, "If you want help building a _____, [banned user] had a really good thread about it" ?

Samiam303
2007-04-06, 10:29 AM
I would assume since you're not discussing the poster themself that it would be okay... At least that's how it reads to me.

Lilly
2007-04-06, 11:36 AM
That sounds like it would be okay. But posts going "Why was ____ banned?" and "______ built the best ____ EVAR!!! Why you ban him?" or "______ was the forum authority on [topic] but sadly isn't here anymore" Those are examples of what is not acceptable.

The rule also includes signatures.

You can also say "If you want help building a _____, [link] is a really good thread about it"