PDA

View Full Version : Optimization feats and maneuvers help

Nosta
2015-02-13, 09:51 PM
so i'm working on an unarmed swordsage/ clawlock gestalt with 9 levels and i need to know what feats and what maneuvers i should take

i'll have 9 feats to take .

also what two flaws i should i take

also can someone link me to beast strike feat so i can show my DM

Hiro Quester
2015-02-13, 10:06 PM
There are lots of different options, depending on what you want your character to be able to do. If you explain and make suggestions, we will give you feedback. But few here will build your character for you.

And I'm not sure I've heard of beast strike. Do you mean rapid Strike? Claws of the beast? Or are you talking about the Eldrich Claws feat itself (the basis for clawlock)? That's in Dragon 358.

Red Fel
2015-02-13, 11:44 PM
And I'm not sure I've heard of beast strike. Do you mean rapid Strike? Claws of the beast? Or are you talking about the Eldrich Claws feat itself (the basis for clawlock)? That's in Dragon 358.

Beast Strike is in the same issue, as I recall. It allows you to add your claw damage (in this case, Eldritch Claws = Eldritch Blast + unarmed strike) to your unarmed attacks. It's practically hand-in-hand with Eldritch Claws.

If you plan to make the most of Swordsage, Adaptive Style is basically mandatory. Other than that, have you looked at Shinken's Guide to Melee Warlocks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?159708-Shinken-s-Guide-to-Melee-Warlocks)? It gives excellent suggestions for feats and maneuvers, depending on how you want your clawlock styled.