PDA

View Full Version : Strongwood League IC

thechosen2nd
2015-02-14, 12:19 AM
http://btoellner.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451f90869e2019b036dc3e8970c-500wi

------------------

You’ve spent most of the day hiking through the forested region east of Thornspire, well known for the violent brambles and thorny shrubs which thrive in the understory. The terrain is both hilly and rocky, making the going slow. You’ve been following the tracks of a Direwolf, which local farmers claim has been wreaking havoc on their herds over the past week. This is unfortunately nothing new in Thornspire. With the surrounding untamed wilderness to the north and east, a diverse plethora of wild beasts and monsters have been known to occasionally venture into the fields and meadows outside the city walls, preying upon the easy pickings of farmers’ livestock. It is not the first time the Strongwood League has been requested to kill a troublesome Direwolf, nor will it likely be the last.

For the four of you however, this hunt is a bit more significant than most. It has been decided that this task is to act as your Warden Trial. You have been accompanied by Jacen, one of the Strong-Wardens of the league, who will be watching over you to ensure that the task is completed, and that you act with honor and bravery. (And that you don’t die.) It is essentially a test-run, to make sure you all are able to fend for yourselves in battle. If you succeed in this, you will be considered Wardens of the Strongwood league, and therefore be able to begin taking on missions without the supervision of other Wardens. (Up to this point, you have not been allowed to take up bounties or other missions unless you are accompanying a true member of the League.)

Davor’s excellent tracking skills have led you close to the beast’s lair, with the assistance of Leman, and Jacen helping out when asked. As you rapidly draw closer to your quarry, Jacen’s normally relaxed and jovial demeanor has grown stern and serious. The jet-black panther who can almost always be found at Jacen’s side has tensed up as well, it’s casual loping gait replaced by a stealthy, methodical pace.

The panther suddenly bounds forward a few paces and then stops, sniffing the air. She quickly circles back to Jacen and drops into a crouch, while emitting a low growl.

“Looks like Shadow thinks we’re getting close," Jacen whispers, as he draws his bow and begins to nock an arrow.
“Like I said before, Shadow and I will be hanging back to watch you fight, but if it becomes apparent that you need our help, we won’t hesitate.”
He then cracks a wide smile.
“I don’t think you will though. One direwolf for the 4 of you? Piece of cake.”
Jacen pushes a tree branch aside and looks ahead to survey the rocky landscape before you. Scattered trees and thickets of dense brambles sprinkle the gentle slope rising towards a steep cliff jutting upwards about 300 feet away. He points with his bow to a section of the cliff that juts outward forming a large overhang.
“There. That looks like her den, under that shelf. Perfect protection from the elements, but still good visibility over her territory. Better get to it. If you’re lucky, maybe you’ll catch her sleeping.”

Link to OoC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?398312-The-Strongwood-League-OoC&p)

You're far enough away that whispering is safe, and you don't need a stealth check to do any simple & relatively quiet tasks like drawing a weapon, uttering a spell. or taking something out of your backpack, But as soon as you make a move towards the shelter, I'll need a stealth check.

The cliff is about 40 feet high, and protrudes outward which would make climbing it extremely difficult. The slope leading up to it is scattered with boulders, trees, and thorny shrubs that will act as difficult or impassable terrain.

The slope is a "gradual slope" meaning it is steep enough to give an attacker with higher ground a +1 bonus on melee attacks, but not steep enough to affect movement.

esorscher
2015-02-14, 09:51 AM
Wolf tracks are nothing new to Davor of the Wilds, who in his time had often competed with the pack for prey and territory. In those times, like any other animal, he knew to avoid the beast that made such large imprints in the dirt. A dire wolf was the apex predator of apex predators, larger, more brutal, more efficient, than any other beast.

300 feet of uphill terrain with little cover to hide behind would be foolish to traverse against an archer, but, dire wolves were not known for their skill at bows. Davor smiles slightly at the thought. 300 feet of downhill terrain with little cover to hide behind would be only slightly less foolish, if there were a way to lure the wolf out of its den, and he was known for his skill at bows. From what he had gathered in their time together, his colleague Lavinia was equally skilled, and Dash was adept as well. With the difficult terrain, the direwolf would not be able to run, but it would still move quickly. 300 feet would be time enough for them to at least get one or two shots in before the direwolf reached them, and then the barbarian Leman could draw the wolf's attention while he continued to pepper it with arrows. It was a plan, at least, and the kind that didn't rely on the element of surprise.

He reached down to the cord of whistles tied onto his belt and untied it, then brought it up and searched for the one marked with a wolf's print. His canine animal whistle would draw the attention of the direwolf. Of course, there were flaws. The direwolf might not come. If it didn't, he would have wasted the element of surprise. The call might attract other wolves in the area, but he had not seen any other wolf tracks, and it was unlikely that lesser wolves would enter the direwolf's territory, even if they heard the call. Having found the whistle, he holds it between his thumb and forefinger, ready to use. His other hand holds his bow.

"Head up the hill, or call the beast to us?" he asks, displaying the whistle.

Metroid33
2015-02-14, 01:05 PM
Lavinia crouched down next to one of the brushes looking up the hill side to the alcove thinking over the area. The hill was to high to guarantee hits from here. She thought for a moment and responded to Davor's question in a light whisper. "I think we should head part way up, maybe a 100 ft and then find a way to bring it closer, that way we are more likely to hit it sooner. The faster we kill it the less likely it will run away."

King Tius
2015-02-14, 03:40 PM
Dash nods in agreement to Lavinia, giving her a smile as he crouches and surveys the slope. "Something tells me it isn't going to run, but just in case let's fan out as we approach." His hand rests briefly on the coiled whip at his hip before he reaches back and grabs his bow. "Four legs are better than two" he mutters, pulling an arrow and twirling it in his hand.

TheEmperor
2015-02-14, 04:36 PM
Along with the rest of the group was hiding a hulking figure of a man, Leman Russ, comically crouching in an attempt to copy the "stealth" of his comrades, as they discussed their plans to take down the wolf. He gritted his teeth quietly, detesting the need for such roundabout methods, but he was smart enough to recognize that him rushing in there wouldn't be the best of ideas.

Mediocre smartness did not stop him, however, from wishing damnation on his inability to rush it on the spot. He spoke up, trying to keep his booming voice to as low as he could, "I do not have the intelligence required to plot our attack, but would it not be easier for us to lure him into a clearing, and ambush him? I do not like the nature of planning, but would that not be wiser?"

Metroid33
2015-02-14, 06:45 PM
Looking over at Leman, Lavinia forced herself to hold back a chuckle as the man was trying to hide, Then decided to point out a flaw. "The problem with that is that wolves in general are fast and this one is bigger and stronger, if we brought it to a clearing there are more ways for it to run away. Here it's backed up against a wall, it has to fight us in order to get out."

esorscher
2015-02-14, 06:56 PM
"Lavinia has the right of it," Davor says. "In this and in the other. Let's make our way up the slope, and I'll blow the whistle when we're about halfway."

TheEmperor
2015-02-15, 06:03 PM
Leman glanced over in the direction of the wolf, frowning as he tried to imagine the consequences of what he had suggested, before coming to the conclusion that he wasn't creative enough to manage any of that. He nodded in reply to Davor's suggestion, and said "Then that is what we will do...", before moving along with the rest.

thechosen2nd
2015-02-15, 09:05 PM
You all begin sneakily maneuvering your way up the hill towards the beasts lair. As you draw a bit closer, Davor is the first to notice movement in the beasts lair. You cautiously progress a bit closer and before long Davor and Lehman are both able to clearly distinguish the fur of a horse-sized beast laying down on the ground beneath the overhang.

The direwolf appears to be lazily chewing on a large bone, and does not seem to be aware of your presence.

(Strain their eyes as they might, Lavinia and Dash are unable to spot the direwolf from this distance.)

You are now 200 feet away. Map coming very soon. Apologies for the delay, I meant to post this morning before work, but didn't get around to it. I was also hesitating bc I wasn't sure if you all wanted to strategize more or not...

thechosen2nd
2015-02-15, 09:35 PM
Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1alFdhsIWVyUocvti8PUFl6ouk47_eFykFNzBHI0Qb7s/edit?usp=sharing. Place yourselves wherever. Roughly 200 feet away.

It occurs to me now that at this distance Lavina and Dash would be able to spot the direwolf if they take 20, they just failed the automatic reactive spot check. So we can assume that once Davor or Leman point the direwolf out after a minute or so they would be able to make out the direwolf. (You know, like when your friend is like "dude, that at that bird!" and you're like "Where? I don't see it?" and your friend try various ways to describe where it is but you still just can't spot it until you finally make it out after a frustatingly long time.)

esorscher
2015-02-15, 09:54 PM
Davor places the animal whistle in his mouth, then notches an arrow to his bow, biting the whistle to keep it from falling out. "Ready yourselves," he says, taking aim at the direwolf. A few seconds later, he blows the whistle, and simultaneously, fires his arrow. The arrow flies high in an arc toward the wolf, streaking to its target.

Initiative: [roll0]

-2 on the attack due to range.
Composite Longbow: [roll1]; [roll2]

thechosen2nd
2015-02-15, 10:30 PM
The Direwolf's ears perk up as it hears the sound of Davor's whistle, and it suddenly stands bolt upright, dropping the bone in its mouth. Before it is even fully standing, however, the beast yelps in pain as it is struck square in the haunch by Davor's arrow.

Direwolf initiative: [roll0]
Damage taken: 7
MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1alFdhsIWVyUocvti8PUFl6ouk47_eFykFNzBHI0Qb7s/edit?usp=sharing)

King Tius
2015-02-16, 09:12 AM
Dash knocks an arrow and readies an action to fire at the wolf if it comes charging down the slope. It's too far out of his range now, so he'll wait till it's within 140 feet (approximately) before letting his arrow fly.

Ready to fire inside of 140 ft
Composite Shortbow Attack: [roll0] (-2 for 1 range increment)
Composite Shortbow Damage: [roll1]

Metroid33
2015-02-16, 10:26 AM
Lavinia readies her bow to fire at the wolf if it rushes for the group.

Initiative [roll0]
Attack damage: [roll1] [roll2]

TheEmperor
2015-02-16, 04:37 PM
Leman began to move towards the wolf, in an attempt to close the gap between him and it, and drew his massive sword from it's leather strapping on his back, wielding the large weapon with ease, thanks to his strength.

Double Move action, sixty feet straight forward. Drawing weapon as I move, thanks to more than +1 BAB

thechosen2nd
2015-02-17, 01:01 AM
The direwolf lets out a roar of rage and turns towards the offending individuals who dare intrude upon his lair and attack him, beginning to careen down the gentle slope at a breakneck speed.

Both Lavinia and Dash draw their bows taught and wait patiently to for the beast to charge down the hill at them before loosing their arrows.

No sooner than the direwolf takes a single step towards the party, Lavinia unleashes her arrow straight and true, and it finds its mark, burying deep into the beast's upper shoulder.

Seemingly unfazed, the monstrous animal continues hurtling down the hill. Less confident in his skill with a bow than Lavinia or Davor, Dash bravely stares the beast down and patiently waits until he has the direwolf clear in his sight and in better range for his shortbow before releasing his arrow. unfortunately, as the arrow shoots out of your bow, one of the fletchings catches on your thumb, which not only throws the arrow widely off track, but also stings quite a bit. You must have been so focused on aiming that you neglected to load the arrow properly.

Double move action
Total damage taken: 14

MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1alFdhsIWVyUocvti8PUFl6ouk47_eFykFNzBHI0Qb7s/edit#gid=0)

King Tius
2015-02-17, 09:49 AM
Cursing his clumsiness, Dash begins to move up the hill for a flanking position on the wolf. As he pumps his way up the hill, he begins to sing, filling his allies with magical encouragement to bring the beast down quickly.

The song is an old hunting chant, usually sung as men are marching out of town on their way to a great hunt. Dash playfully substitutes "Wolf, or Big Bad Wolf" wherever possible to tailor the song to the current situation.

Move Action: Moves up the hill on a diagonal
Standard Action: Inspire Courage! +1/+1 to everyone.

Don't forget folks, everyone gets +1/+1!

Metroid33
2015-02-17, 09:49 AM
Lavinia moves forward thirty feet and to the right a tad and notches another arrow ready to fire at the beast. Letting it loose

Attack[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

esorscher
2015-02-17, 10:14 AM
Holding his position, Davor fires another arrow at the now in range direwolf, bolstered by Dash's song.

Assuming the Direwolf is about 100' away. If it's more than 110', subtract 2 from the attack roll.

Longbow: [roll0], [roll1]

TheEmperor
2015-02-17, 11:16 PM
Sword in hands, Leman faced the advancing direwolf with his mind suddenly dropping any emotion or thought but the sheer need to get the wolf. Summoning up every last drop of the very thing that drove him, he rushed the wolf with anger in his eyes, and brought down the hunk of steel that he wielded upon it, bringing the full force of his rage.

I've obviously messed up last round, since I didn't know double move actions couldn't be taken during a surprise round.
Lets try not to do that this time.
Activate Rage as a free action
Charge
-3 AC, so far
To hit [roll0] +4 from normal STR, +2 from Rage, +2 from Charge, +1 from Masterwork, +1 from Reckless Abandon, +2 from BAB -1 from Power Attack
Damage [roll1] EDIT: +2 from Power Attack
I can't help but feel like I've done something wrong here.

thechosen2nd
2015-02-18, 12:14 AM
Leman charges forward and sweeps his broadsword high into the air. With a ferocious roar he brings the massive blade down with all of his might just as he and the ravenous creature reach each other. The full momentum of the direwolf and Leman both charging towards each other at full speed combined with the perfect timing of Leman's blow create a devastating affect. You hear a resounding crunch as the blade splits clean through the direwolf's enormous skull, and halfway through its face. The massive creature slumps, killed instantly by the resounding blow.

Direwolf is dead, combat is over.

esorscher
2015-02-18, 12:19 AM
Davor smirks. "Well... that went better than expected. I'll get to skinning the direwolf--someone should search its lair, just in case," he says, walking up the direwolf and drawing his dagger. He kneels at the beast's side and closes his eyes for a moment in silent prayer. Then, he gets to work removing the pelt from the impressive beast. Next he will field dress the wolf, removing the organs to preserve the meat for later cooking and consumption. It is a fitting end to an impressive predator, and Davor knows he and the others--who he intends to share the meal with--will gain the strength of the direwolf.

Survival: [roll0]

thechosen2nd
2015-02-18, 12:39 AM
Jacen materializes suddenly out of the bushes behind you, clapping his hands in genuine applause. Shadow bounds along beside him.

"Wow! That was quite an impressive showing. I mean, I know I said it was going to be a piece of cake, but... I mean, you didn't even let the thing lay a claw on any of you! Excellent teamwork all around, and a strong performance by all."

Jacen heads over to the beast and lays a hand on the thick fur pelt. It is clear he share's Davor's reverence for the slain predator.
"Good, I see you've already set about skinning him. We'll need to bring back that pelt for proof of the kill in order to get the reward from the farmers' union. I'll help you out; many hands make light work!"

He pulls out a thin blade with an ornately decorated handle, as well as a clean bag to store edible parts in, and begins helping you skin and field dress the enormous animal.

"Obviously we won't be able to carry back everything, but we may as well take what we can carry. What we don't want will return to the forest."

Huh, skinning... arbitrary DC appointing time! (unless someone knows about some rules about this somewhere that I don't know about)

skinning the animal is an automatic success. (anyone capable of using a knife can get the skin off an animal, they just wont do a very good job of it.)
DC 5+CR to get a final product that resembles a pelt, but that is basically worthless because it is poorly done.
DC 10+CR to get a decent pelt that some collectors might be interested in buying.
DC 15+CR get a good quality pelt.
Other modifiers might apply, such as if the animal is exotic, has a particularly delicate hide, etc.

You can take 10. No rerolls. Takes 1 hour.

In terms of field dressing, I think i'll just take case by case, if it ever comes up again. In this case, I'll say you can get up to your 3x survival check in lbs of edible meat. If you fail DC 10, you include inedible stuff in there and spoil it all.

I'm assuming you take 10, and have Jacen taking 10 to help, bringing your roll to 19. So you get a good quality pelt, and up to 57 lbs of meat. We'll say the pelt itself weighs 20 lbs. (It's a lot of fur, and it would still be wet with blood.) Takes 1/2 the time because of the help from Jacen.

After 1/2 an hour hard at work, Jacen and Davor manage to skin the pelt off the beast. Aside from the enormous cut through the face, the pelt is of quite good quality. You manage to also gather about 57 pounds of edible meat, which Jacen is surprisingly somehow able to fit into his bag.

"Bag of holding," he says with a wink, and then throws the pelt in as well, before throwing the bag lazily over his shoulder.

"Don't worry, we can divvy it up when we get back to the longhouse. I'm sure everyone back there will be anxious to hear about your Trial, so we should hurry back!"

TheEmperor
2015-02-18, 05:51 PM
The second Leman's blade had contacted the wolf's head, he had immediately sensed victory, as the skull of the beast gave in to his fearsome blow. Immediately, his system crashed, with the adrenaline that had begun to blast right through his veins started to die down, and his complete and utter mental composition of rage giving way to a feeling of triumphant euphoria.

He drew his blade out of the wolf's skull, and placed it back in the straps on his back, before stepping back to allow the rest to skin the animal. It was not his glory, but theirs, for he was not brash enough to recognize only himself as the victor of the showdown.

He grinned wildly, realizing that this meant the guarantee of his entry into the League, after such a long time spent dreaming of this eventuality. Finally, he'd be able to call himself a true Russ, and his idiot of a brother would no longer be dot upon by their aging father. If his Father had survived through another night of painful existence, of course.

esorscher
2015-02-18, 06:18 PM
Davor nods and thanks Jacen for his assistance. "Do most Trials go this way?" he asks as they head back to the longhouse.

thechosen2nd
2015-02-18, 10:30 PM
"Well, not exactly. For one thing, it used to be an individual task. They only started sending out newbies on their Warden Trials in groups a couple of years ago. Of course, they assign more challenging tasks according to the size of the party, but you've probably noticed there are still some mixed feelings within the guild about the change of policy. Some say it's too easy now, and that we aught to go back to the old way. Even so, it's pretty unusual to come back from a trial completely unscathed. It's unusual to come back from any mission completely unscathed, really. I guess the Lucky Drunk was on your side today," he adds with a wink. (Jacen invokes the name of the Accidental God frequently, and you may or may not know that Cayden Cailean is Jacen's patron Deity.)

"If you want to know my two coppers, I think the group trials was a great idea. And the fact that no one has died during a trial since the guild started doing it this way is my evidence. It used to happen all the time, back five or ten years ago, when I was just getting involved in the League. A lot of talented young adventurers had a promising career cut short because of a single costly mistake, with no one there to watch their back."

He pauses as if lost in thought, dwelling on days gone by, but only for a moment. He shrugs off the somber mood and shoulders his pack with a smile.

"But anyway... is everyone ready to head back to the Longhouse?"

Sorry, I hadn't planned on this battle going so quickly, so I'm not quite prepared to set up the next scene yet. I want to take the time to give Thornspire a decent description, so bear with me. Update coming soon. :smallbiggrin:

esorscher
2015-02-19, 12:17 AM
"Well, for whatever it's worth, I can't find a flaw in that reasoning," Davor says. Single combat seems more in line with what he grew up with, and with the shamanistic rituals and trials that his tribe practiced, but having experienced both, he could see the wisdom in what he'd just gone through.

I'm ready to head back, take your time on the post.

Metroid33
2015-02-19, 07:58 AM
"i would like to check out the beasts layer before we head back, you never know what it may have dragged beck there. "

King Tius
2015-02-19, 11:23 AM
Dash drops his inspirational song down to a quiet humming as he slows to a halt, his hand dropping down from his quiver before he has a chance to pull another arrow. He lets the melody die off quietly as he wipes his brow and whistles at the dead wolf. "Not sure I deserve a pass on this one. If a bumbled shot and catchy tune are enough to pass the trial, we should just hold these back behind a barn in town." He smiles and chuckles at his own joke before nodding to Lavinia. "I'll come with you. Who knows what kinds of things this guy's dragged back to his den." On the way up the slope, Dash tries to recover his misfired arrow.

TheEmperor
2015-02-19, 06:30 PM
With his moment of glee suddenly passing, Leman's face returned to it's naturally gruff expression. He heard the others talking about going into the lair, and he glanced at Jacen before agreeing, and following his comrades in.

thechosen2nd
2015-02-19, 09:33 PM
There's nothing particularly exciting in the Direwolf's den. Just a bunch of gnawed bones from various animals, and scraps of hides. A lot of the remains appear to be from cows, but there are clearly bones and tufts of fur from other animals as well. Some large hollow bones and colorful feathers look like they came from an enormous bird of some kind, and a large broken-apart rack of horns appears to have once belonged to a moose, a creature which has grown rare in this region due to over-hunting. Some of the remains are from humanoid creatures, but there is nothing of value there; just decaying corpses.

thechosen2nd
2015-02-20, 12:57 AM
With your mission completed, you begin the long trek back to Thornspire. The thrill of victory, combined with the fact that your return trip is downhill, makes for a much shorter journey that the trip you made this morning. Trading jokes and stories the whole way back, it seems like no time at all before you find yourselves in front of the gates back into the city.

The enormous stone walls that surround Thornspire are deceptively large; from afar you don't really get an appreciation for how thick and tall the walls are, but as you walk through the gate you are always boggled by the sheer amount of stone that must have been used to construct the fortifications. At least 10 feet thick, and over 40 feet tall, the walls are a vestige of wars long ago, when the unsettled lands to the east and enemy nations to the south presented a constant threat. Although these threats are long forgotten, the walls still stand as an impressive monument to the strength and determination of the residents who reside within them.

The city itself is a bustling center of action. A veritable mixing pot, members of all sorts of races known throughout the world can be found in Thornspire, making a living however they see fit. All manners of guilds, magical academies, religious orders, and other organizations make their headquarters here, and the economy is quite robust, with a large variety and volume of trade goods constantly going in and out of the city. Various travelers journey for many miles to come to Thornspire in search of the rare or expensive goods that their smaller villages lack.

It is not a particularly colorful city, nor is it exceptionally beautiful, on the whole. Many elves find that Thornspire feels "pale" compared to the lush forests their brethren inhabit, and Dwarves sometimes find themselves unimpressed by the utilitarian craftsmanship that characterizes the city, longing instead for the ornate and decorative architecture their race is known for. Most of the human residents, however, (who of course make up the vast majority of the population) are perfectly content with the ambiance of their settlement. The pragmatic and sensible architecture accurately expresses the general sentiment of the people of Thornspire- a community of determined and free-thinking individuals who prefer usefulness over appearance. Frilly monuments and manicured gardens are not what make a community successful; determination and grit are what matter at the end of the day.

The sun is setting over the horizon as you meander through the city towards the Strongwood Longhouse, eager to finally finish the last ceremony necessary to become a true Warden of the Strongwood League. The streets are mostly empty, as most people have gone home to prepare dinner and be with their family, although there are still a few folks out running a few final errands before heading home. On the way to the Longhouse, Jacen remembers that he needs to stop by the herbalist's shop, and he heads off towards the marketplace, promising to meet you back at the guild in just a couple of minutes.

No sooner than Jacen is out of sight however, you suddenly hear the telltale sounds of a fight ringing out in the streets, coming from the direction of the guild. As you rush towards the sounds of battle, you recognize the unmistakable battle-cry of Floki, a dwarf you know within the Strongwood League. He is an abrasive and opinionated character, and he has been known to pick fights on occasion (and perhaps has even gotten into a scrap with one or two of you at some point or another.) All the same, he is a member of your guild, and whether you like him or not, you figure you should probably at least find out what he’s fighting about this time, and maybe lend the obstinate dwarf a hand.

As you round the corner, you see Floki surrounded by 4 hooded individuals wearing identical black silk cloaks with dark purple accents, and armed with Flails. Their faces are covered by strange masks, but even so you can tell from their actions that they appear to be attacking with murderous intent. Floki is doing his best to fend them off, but he seems to be struggling, and you can clearly see that he is already bleeding badly. It is immediately apparent that this is no mere street brawl; it’s far more serious.

Roll initiatives! Once I get the chance, hopefully Saturday morning, I'll post the round of combat before you get there, and then you can jump in.

MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaJHWPV5vna4XUgu3ihVVkWCnUGyZF-FTf487HQVI0U/edit?usp=sharing)

Place yourselves in the little box I gave you.

I'll extend the map further down if it comes to it. I really have to go to bed now, I gotta get up in like 5 hours :smallfrown: (I got carried away...)

King Tius
2015-02-20, 08:46 AM
Dash's normally bright and relaxed demeanor darkens at the sight of a fellow guild member being attacked. He instinctively reaches for his bow as he moves into a better position.

"No time to waste, we need to get in there!"

Dash begins to sing again, though this time it's a harsh and choppy battle hymn.

Initiative: [roll0]
Standard Action: Inspire Courage
Move Action: Draw shortbow, move 30 ft south

esorscher
2015-02-20, 10:42 AM
Davor nods and rushes forward, drawing and firing his longbow in a single smooth motion.

Initiative: [roll0]. I will delay until after Dash if necessary to get the bonuses from Inspire Courage.
Move: Move 30' south along the road, draw longbow.
Standard: Attack the nearest robed figure with longbow. [roll1], [roll2]

TheEmperor
2015-02-21, 11:59 AM
When Leman first noticed Floki in a brawl, he didn't think much of it, since Floki was usually in a fight with someone or the other. A second glance, however, revealed that the brawl was far more than the usual, since Floki's attackers seemed to be flailing on him with the intention to kill. As his comrades retaliated with their ranged weapons, he silently cursed his inability to reach there quickly. So, he ran forward, towards the site of the conflict, while drawing his weapon.

Init: [roll0]
Double move action, because this time, it's not a surprise round, correct?
Of course, draw weapon

Metroid33
2015-02-21, 05:45 PM
Lavinia Looks down the ally and sees the warden being attacked. She pulls out her bow moving just a tad to the south and fires at the closest target to her.

Initiative [roll0]
Attack and damage [roll1] [roll2]