PDA

View Full Version : Player Help how to spend a kings favour.

sideswipe
2015-02-14, 08:12 AM
hello playground.

in a campaign i am currently playing in i am a level 11 "god" elven generalist, domain (antimagic) wizard 5/war weaver 5/abjurant champion 1 (for swift abjuration eventually, to combine with war weaver)

heading towards wizard 5/war weaver 5/ abjurant champion 3/ initiate of the seven fold veil 7

i am a dex based wizard using essentially lost tradition turned into a LA 1 template with buyoff (already bought). i have a +6 item i crafted.
i have a hewards haversack, a bunch of low level required items (AC, saves, a couple +2 ability items, a couple nice wands, a blessed book, and basically all the permanency senses.
a house rule for us is the N'th player, a separate pool of EXP used for crafting and revives as the DM hates players at different levels. this equals the amount of EXP gained by the group over a campaign.
i have craft wondrous item and craft magic arms and armour.

we currently have a favour each from the king of the plane we are adventuring in, which can be used for whatever we wish.

a few limitations are-
-a magic item of about up to 30K gold of our choice.
-no cheesy loop tricks
-nothing that a level 11 character in casual - mid op could not achieve.

my two main ideas so far are to ask for a psion to cast psionic reformation to allow me access to IoTSVF as i won't really be able to qualify when i get there.

or to ask for a nice shiny magic item that would fit my wizard really well.
this is what i am asking help about. any really nice goodies that i want as soon as possible you recommend, or nice items that people would not normally take for below that price. (i have a fair amount of old too so i may just buy a few cheaper ones)

thank you in advance playground.

Hiro Quester
2015-02-14, 08:49 AM
A war weaver is all about taking advantage of the action economy. Bust it open with a belt of battle.
Extra actions =win. But this is only 12k. Maybe just buy one.

You will seriously benefit from an orange ioun stone for +1 CL. Higher DC on your blasting, harder to dispel buffs for your party. Better dispelling if you're into that. 30k which is about the right price.

Edit: if you are concerned about not having the required feats or skills for IotSV PH2 has rules for retraining skills and feats, that might do the trick, without having to waste a king's favor on Psychic Reformation. Esp if you have at least two level-ups in which to shuffle things around.

Xerlith
2015-02-14, 09:19 AM
How did you qualify for Abjurant Champion? Unless you play with fractional BAB, your BAB should have been +4 at 10th level.

sideswipe
2015-02-14, 08:33 PM
How did you qualify for Abjurant Champion? Unless you play with fractional BAB, your BAB should have been +4 at 10th level.

DM veto.

A war weaver is all about taking advantage of the action economy. Bust it open with a belt of battle.
Extra actions =win. But this is only 12k. Maybe just buy one.

You will seriously benefit from an orange ioun stone for +1 CL. Higher DC on your blasting, harder to dispel buffs for your party. Better dispelling if you're into that. 30k which is about the right price.

Edit: if you are concerned about not having the required feats or skills for IotSV PH2 has rules for retraining skills and feats, that might do the trick, without having to waste a king's favor on Psychic Reformation. Esp if you have at least two level-ups in which to shuffle things around.

ioun stone and belt of battle are good. thank you