PDA

View Full Version : Craft The World?

Avilan the Grey
2015-02-14, 10:02 AM
...Anyone tried this? It looks like an interesting gateway into this type of game.

Brother Oni
2015-02-14, 10:48 AM
I've played the beta and it's a very slow paced building/management/exploration game. Once you have your defences up, you have to climb the tech tree until you can find the exit portal. My first attempt on the first level took me somewhere around 4 hours, so it's the sort of game you need lots of free time for.

It does get very repetitive, as you basically do the same thing on all the levels (build up your defences, climb tech tree, find portal), but that might just be because I was in the early beta.

Edit: Here's a fairly good Let's Play explaining the basics: link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R28R60Ce4l0).

Avilan the Grey
2015-02-14, 05:50 PM
Thanks for your reply.
It looks good, but the description of the gameplay is a turnoff.

Darkest Dungeon is the same to me, it seems, btw.

Brother Oni
2015-02-14, 07:16 PM
The first several hours is great, but by the time you hit the second world, you've pretty much seen it all. I'd like to repeat again that I played it in the early beta and a substantial number of patches have fixed bugs and added extra content (they've added animal farms for example) since then.

For the price of 14UKP, I feel I've gotten my money out of it already and will definitely try it again. The various reviews say they've gotten about the same amount of gameplay out of it or more - some people have taken upwards of 10 hours for the first level alone (which is a small world and they go up to large), which is very good value for money.