PDA

View Full Version : improved natural attack help

Nosta
2015-02-14, 03:12 PM
i can't figure out how improved natural attack would effect a clawlock that is at the 9th level who is human

Urpriest
2015-02-14, 03:32 PM
It would increase the damage of the relevant attack (either unarmed strike or claws, whichever one you got the feat for) to the next size category.

Nosta
2015-02-14, 03:36 PM
It would increase the damage of the relevant attack (either unarmed strike or claws, whichever one you got the feat for) to the next size category.
well i'd get for my claws that deal 5d6 but i'm not sure what the next step would be

Darrin
2015-02-14, 03:40 PM
i can't figure out how improved natural attack would effect a clawlock that is at the 9th level who is human

A standard non-monk medium-sized human does 1d3 nonlethal damage as an unarmed strike. Improved Natural Attack would improve this to 1d4 nonlethal damage.

Deophaun
2015-02-14, 04:15 PM
If you did Improved Natural Attack (claws), there would be no effect, as your claw damage is not based on size.

If you did Improved Natural Attack (unarmed strike), your Unarmed Strike damage would increase, which would apply to the Unarmed Strike damage that you also do with your Eldrich Claws.

Nosta
2015-02-14, 04:24 PM
If you did Improved Natural Attack (claws), there would be no effect, as your claw damage is not based on size.

If you did Improved Natural Attack (unarmed strike), your Unarmed Strike damage would increase, which would apply to the Unarmed Strike damage that you also do with your Eldrich Claws.

so my next question is say I am level 9 and have that feat for my unarmed strike and have superior unarmed strike and i am in the giant stance from TOB what would the damage be?

Deophaun
2015-02-14, 04:32 PM
RAW, 5d6+1d8+Str Mod, because, whether intentionally or not, SUS sets your unarmed damage to your level, not your size.

Now, if you don't go by that and allow SUS to be influenced by size, it would be 5d6+3d6+Str.