PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering how you think i would have to adapt the classes to a world I made.

Rfkannen
2015-02-14, 04:58 PM
So I was makeing a world for a savage world campaign, and I decided to try to convert it to 5e in order to get a diffrent look at the world.

The basic magic is this, there are no gods, no natural magic. What happens is that a long time ago (our world, the year 2050.) humans starteed making deals with demons. You sell your memories, your desires, your emotions, and you got magic. Now adays all the humans are dead, people that are exposed to magic (which everyone is at this point) manage to pull of spells with a certain amount of training(becomeing slightly demonic in the process, liveing longer and the such)
and those who have demonic blood can cast them withought any pact or training. However they are pretty specilized, being focused on one thing based on there heritage, plants, water, rage, lust, cold ect.
However, they are pretty limited with higher level magic, still needing to sell memories and stuff for any powerful magic
Also you kind of have clerics, but those are just people that devote themselves to devote themselves to "gods" (realy powerful benevolent demons with egos) usualy just one but sometimes many. and in return get magic withought giveing stuff up (maybe a sacrifice or something, just have to keep the gods favor) There more like mikos than paladins.
And you still got your witches, people who sells stuff to demons for 100% of there magic
ALso binders, those who enslave demons

btw demons basically just means spirit, there are good and bad ones.
Also there are demons who are tied to the land that are basically shinto gods.

So I was wondering, what do you think would need to change for magic like that?

Not sure what to do with clerics, those dont realy exist, the armored warrior preist. I mean they do, but that would not be your normal priest. Normal priest would be like a miko kind of.

As far as I think, most of the classes would just need a couple changes, but I guess

What in the world do I do with paladins? Just scratch em? I like half casters, but have no idea how they would work.

Do you think druids could work? maybe nature spirits? It might be a better wizard than the wizard actualy. Just not sure. I dont want to few classes though, I kind of want to keep and modify bolth druid and wizard, just not sure how to keep them secret. There are nature spirits, but that seems more the domain of the priest.

DO you think binders need to be a new class? Or is there one I could modify? I dont want to realy make any classes from scratch because they would probably be unbalanced, I guess if there was a class makeing guide or something?

Not sure what to do with rangers, eldrich knights, and arcane tricksters, and bards. I dont want to get rid of options, I want to expand them. I realy like bards especialy, but have no ideas on how they would work with this magic system, any ideas?

How would you implement the having to sacrifice stuff for magic?