PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Frist Time Enlightened Fist and Nooby Batman Wizard

Arparrabiosa
2015-02-15, 11:09 AM
Hi folks!

Our group will be starting a new game soon, at CL 8. I'll be playing an Enlightened Fist this time around, just to shake up thing a little bit. Our group wizard -new to the concept of God and Batman- asked me yesterday what kind of buffs do I want her to cast.

So what do you think, Playground? What can we do together to make our DM's life miserable?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-02-15, 12:51 PM
Batman/God wizards typically buff the whole party and/or the one weak character, and crowd control/debuff the opponents. He should probably stick to Haste if multiple characters will benefit from the extra attack, otherwise he can stick to debuffing and let you worry about buffing yourself.

For an Enlightened Fist build, it really depends on whether or not you want max Monk progression. If so, you should go Monk 1/ Wizard or Sorcerer 4/ Enlightened Fist 5/ Master of the East Wind 10. Sorcerer is typically only doable if you can begin play with Ascetic Mage, with Wizard you can get either Kung Fu Genius or Carmendine Monk at 1st level. However, I would strongly recommend having a means of persisting your spells, which would most likely include either Spelldancer 1 or Incantatrix 3 or 4. Abjurant Champion is also going to be far more beneficial than having more Monk progression.

If you go with Sorcerer you should use the Ancestral Relic Runestaff (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?267805-Sorcerer-Handbook#4) trick, though a Wizard can also use that to gain spontaneous access to choice spells. Your runestaff can be an elvencraft (composite) longbow, which counts as both a quarterstaff and a bow so you'll need to buy masterwork three times, but it should also be able to have three wand chambers in it. A Wand of Wraithstrike is going to be your favorite item if you're not able to make it persistent. Sorcerer gets access to spells like Wings of Cover and Wings of Flurry, whereas Wizard can get Abrupt Jaunt and a Fighter bonus feat instead of Scribe Scroll (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizard). Spelldancer has some good prerequisite overlap with Abjurant Champion and Swiftblade though, so that could actually be a superb choice, whereas Incantatrix is very light on prerequisites considering you can get Iron Will from the Otyugh Hole in CS.

For buffs, be sure to use Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Mighty Wallop (target: Unarmed Strike with both, so no matter what part of your body you hit with, it's still an unarmed strike and it's still buffed), (Greater) Luminous Armor, (Persistent) Shield, Heart of Water/Earth, (Persistent) Wraithstrike, (Persistent) Greater Invisibility, (Persistent) Draconic Polymorph: War Troll, (Persistent) Bite of the Werecreature or Draconic Might, etc. You can also use metamagic feats like Fell Drain and/or Fell Frighten with the touch spells that you deliver with your unarmed attacks, though a single spell that hits multiple times affected by one of those feats only inflicts the feat's effect one time per creature. Those are also useful with (Persistent) Death Armor and Fire Shield twice, as well as (Persistent) Cloud of Knives.

I found this Enlightened Fist guide (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/960211), it looks like it has a lot of useful information.