PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder I need some fire resistant or proof cloth

felinoel
2015-02-15, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know of any stats for any good fire resistant/proof cloth?

Where can I find the stats for asbestos cloth

EDIT:
I am told that the asbestos cloth is ungodly expensive so maybe not that...?

Tohsaka Rin
2015-02-15, 05:50 PM
First of all, you can find the cloth on the pfd20srd, by using the site's search box.

Second, it says the cloth costs merely double of the item you want to make. I don't recall ordinary clothing costing all that much in the first place.

felinoel
2015-02-15, 06:04 PM
First of all, you can find the cloth on the pfd20srd, by using the site's search box.

Second, it says the cloth costs merely double of the item you want to make. I don't recall ordinary clothing costing all that much in the first place.I looked there and it didn't list many stats, it lists the name of it but I didn't see stats... unless I was looking at the paizo site instead of pfdd20sd

EDIT:
Ok I looked there and it only gives fire resistance five, is there anything better?

Tohsaka Rin
2015-02-15, 07:54 PM
You asked for fire-resistant/proof cloth.

You didn't ask for it to give YOU resistance. You're better off just dipping a class that gives you resistances, if you're not happy with that, or unwilling to shell out 18,000 gp for energy resistance 10.

Andion Isurand
2015-02-15, 08:04 PM
well, its not cloth or pathfinder, but it is from 3.5 and made of nonmagical leather/hide... check out the Dragonhide Mantle (Draconomicon 118) that gives you resistance 5 against the energy type that corresponds to the dragon its made from

felinoel
2015-02-16, 07:49 PM
You asked for fire-resistant/proof cloth.

You didn't ask for it to give YOU resistance. You're better off just dipping a class that gives you resistances, if you're not happy with that, or unwilling to shell out 18,000 gp for energy resistance 10.
Not resistance for me, but I need the magic item that is going to be made from it to be able to survive a blast of fire damage.

well, its not cloth or pathfinder, but it is from 3.5 and made of nonmagical leather/hide... check out the Dragonhide Mantle (Draconomicon 118) that gives you resistance 5 against the energy type that corresponds to the dragon its made fromCool, will look into it!
This DM likely will allow nonPathfinder cloths.

Tohsaka Rin
2015-02-16, 08:53 PM
Not resistance for me, but I need the magic item that is going to be made from it to be able to survive a blast of fire damage.

...Maybe you should actually read what asbestos does then, as it specifically states it is immune to fire damage.

felinoel
2015-02-16, 11:53 PM
...Maybe you should actually read what asbestos does then, as it specifically states it is immune to fire damage.Weird that I missed that.

Any idea how well that would work against fires caused by explosions?

Greenish
2015-02-17, 12:03 AM
Any idea how well that would work against fires caused by explosions?Fire damage is fire damage, unless your DM decides it isn't, but we can't read your DM's mind.

felinoel
2015-02-17, 01:12 AM
Fire damage is fire damage, unless your DM decides it isn't, but we can't read your DM's mind.

True, I will just keep it in a metal chest to give it some extra protection just in case.