PDA

View Full Version : Emerald City Knights (IC)

Dancing Owlbear
2015-02-15, 07:28 PM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?396881-Emerald-City-Knights-%28OOC%29)
Dice Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?398852-Emerald-City-Knights-%28Dice-Thread%29)

Mood Music: KIRBY KRACKLE - I Wanna Live In A World Full Of Heroes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ihISbojsvY)

It is a sunny Saturday in Emerald City. A much needed break in a string of grey and cloudy days. The bright sun and blue skies are enough to make even the most depressed just feel glad about being alive. Seemingly all of Emerald City has ventured outside to take advantage of the good weather. Every downtown street is lined with people out roller-blading, walking their dogs, people-watching at sidewalk cafes, or doing a little shopping.

Bargain-hunters are preeminently drawn to Yellow Brick Row, and most local merchants have sidewalk sales set up to greet them. Food and beverage carts aren’t hard to find, and city newcomers are bound to notice the Row’s restaurateurs offer cuisine with an Asian flair. There are plenty of burgers and fries to be had, but just as many good spots to grab some pad Thai, teriyaki, and other Eastern delicacies.

Go ahead and post what brought your character downtown on a warm sunny day. Lunch, stroll in the park, business, a date, whatever.

Please also include you character's name, condition, and hero points in the header of each of your posts.

Nintendogeek01
2015-02-15, 07:58 PM
Vampire
Condition: Normal
Hero Points: 1

"Hmmm..." Mina sighed in frustration, here she was at the park, sitting on a bench with a bottle of water and a half-eaten sandwich. Honestly she would rather be at the Haven right now; beating on a training post, exercising, researching, anything but be out here.

"No Mina..." Tina had told her a few hours ago, "You haven't had a day or night off in years, go out and get some sunshine it'll be good for you..." bleh. Right now there could be someone leaving a message at the office for a case to be solved or someone looking disappointed that they'll have to leave a message in the mailbox after riding the elevator up several floors, and she's out here while that's happening. Or even worse, she's out here unaware of what else might be going on in the streets.

Still, not like Mina came out here completely unprepared; she had to be, with petty crime, and the men who ordered the deaths of her parents still at large she couldn't afford to be unprepared.

Mina had chosen to wear a women's business suit over the majority of her Vampire costume, a scarf around her neck (one made for fashion not cold weather) to hide her cowl that has yet to be pulled over her head, and her cape had been tied around her waist, hidden by the business jacket, which since people expected them to be bulky would also hide the slight bulk on her back from the costume's anti-gravity pack. The boots of the costume were black anyways so no one was going to really look twice at the boots, and finally her armored gloves and utility belt were in a hidden pouch of her purse.

While Mina would always prefer to be prepared as opposed to not, the necessity of such preparation did mean she couldn't well go on a jog in this outfit, not without looking like an oddball, when such constant motion would put her mind at ease.

Mina pulled out her phone and called Tina, who was back at the Haven since tending the office was the only way she could get Mina to go outside for a day off, the first thing she'd say when Tina answered "I should be working right now."

Syless
2015-02-15, 08:51 PM
Riftwalker

To any passerby, Alice was just another jogger on this exceedingly pleasant Saturday. Anyone looking at her would see a 20-something woman in sweatpants, a tank top, and some nice running shoes. They wouldn't see- though a pickpocket may find- a half-mask in her pocket, on the off-chance she needed to do some heroing. When she was first starting out she always wore her costume underneath her clothes (boots aside), but quite frankly it was far too uncomfortable, especially when already working up a sweat. Growing increasingly winded, the girl began to think to herself. "Bleh... why are human bodies so inefficient? Why can't I just burn calories by riftwalking? It would be so much easier..."

Bladecutter
2015-02-16, 01:16 AM
Ashley Tyer
Normal Condition
Luck: 4

A bright, sunny Saturday? That's a godsend for this city. Most people have today off, and are out and about to enjoy the good weather. Unfortunately for her, Ashley is not one of those people. She volunteered for an extra shift today. She needed the money, and wasn't going to be doing anything at her apartment beyond mope and listen to her brother complain about her moping. She has had depressingly little social contact since she split up with her boyfriend.

She can't find it in her to mope in the park, though. The day is nice enough that even she finds herself cheerful and smiling at people as they pass by on their jogs. She is tending to a flower stand for her botanical shop. An assortment of vivid flowers decorates the stand, and the smell of fresh, wet flowers wafts in the gentle breeze.

As much as her employer would just love to stick her in a sundress for this kind of a day, that just isn't her thing. She opted for a simple pair of faded blue jeans, a black shirt that contrasts with the bright flowers around her, and a pair of worn brown boots. They're the kind of boots you wear when you're getting ready to do a lot of outdoorsy work in a less paved area, and they give away her affinity for the country.

Her only real sense of resentment comes from her desire to be jogging rather than standing at her flower stand. She just feels too... restrained. Especially since she had to leave her truck in Kentucky.

BananaPhone
2015-02-16, 02:11 AM
Cel

Lazily walking down the street with Emily's hand clasped in her own, Killian could not look more bored. Dressed in a casual attire (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a6/f5/d7/a6f5d723be3d4f8d88e6f40458cb42c6.jpg) of a light peach jacket over a white blouse and atop some beige slacks, Killian's eyes were droopy and uninterested in what was going on around her: all she could think about was the workbench and schematics she had left at home.

"Oh would you cheer up." came a voice from beside her as Emily brought her elbow up to rub it against Killians side.

"Hmm?" Killian grunted as she lurched out of her auto-pilot, "Oh, yes, I'm having a wonderful time. Positively delighted."

"Heh," Emily snorted lightly, "I suppose you were thinking of your workshop back home, huh?"

Killian opened her lips to say something before pausing, narrowing her eyes suspiciously and then shutting her mouth like a trap, "Of...course not. That's crazy talk."

Rolling her eyes, "You can play with your toys later, today we can - oo! Look!" Emily abruptly shifted tune, her excitment causing her to step away and towards the shop window of a pet store that was decorated with glass cages housing various cute baby animals. Her bright, cheerful face almost pressed up to the glass, Emily into the cage before her and almost squee'd on the spot at the sight of four little balls of fluff staring right back at her.

"Lilly, come! Look at this Pomeranian! It's just so cute and and huggable - yes you are!"

"Yeah, I can see it from here," Killian said, "very adorable."

However, movement in her peripherals drew Killians attention away from her boggle-eyed partner. Turning her head and looking down, Killian locked eyes with a small boy no older than 4. Chubby face and blank eyed, he stood there with an ice-cream in one hand and bright blue balloon in the other - his beady eyes drawn upwards to stare at the tall adult woman before him.

What an ugly kid, Killian thought to herself. Nevertheless, she tried her hand at friendliness: she offered a smile.

The kid returned her favor with by sticking his tongue out from his ice-cream slicked lips and drawing his eye together.

Killian followed the only mature option: she jutted her jaw forward and pulled a face right back.

Undeterred, the child opened his mouth and wagged his tongue around inside.

Killian narrowed her eyes. Giving a quick once-over look up and down the street, she looked back at the child and seemed to stay in place. A second later, what looked like a strong breeze swept past the child and demonstrated greater strength than his resting state by seizing his right hand and shoving his own ice cream into his face. Killian snickered, "Your son has something on his face," she said to the mother that had so far been distracted by the tiny crowd at the pet store window. Looking down at her stupefied and shocked son, the childs mother gasped softly as she knelt down to eye level, "I told you to watch where you are going!" she said sharply. Clearly this was not the first time the childs uncoordination had landed him in trouble, "No more ice cream for you for a week!"

Over the mothers shoulder Killian looked at the kid, smirked and pulled another small face at him - before turning and heading over to the shop window.

"Hey, you're right, that dogs adorable!" she said as she slid up next to Emily. Putting her arm around her waist, Killian leaned forward to kiss her partner on the temple before looking over the admittedly cute animals.

"You seem in a...brighter mood." Emily questioned.

Killian just shrugged and offered a lop-sided smile, "I think you're right; some out and about time was just what I needed."

Red_Jenny
2015-02-17, 12:30 AM
Agent X
Charlie Grant
HP: 1
Condition: Deeply Confused (also Normal)

It was Riftwalker who saw it first. Or rather, felt it first. A "rift", in the same way a driverless semi-truck with a brick on the gas pedal and a trailer full of rocket fuel careening across an 8-lane highway is a "car." An enormous howling void in time and space, utterly unstable and out of control.

It burst into view about 50 feet above the edge of the park, dark points of energy popping like firecrackers as it spread across the sky, swirling and roaring. Those in a position to see through the rift caught the barest glimpse of a ruined building, all rubble and smashed machinery. A laboratory, perhaps, or maybe a factory or power plant? No more was discernible before the rift started to collapse back in on itself, swallowing up a few trees and a remarkably unlucky pigeon as it flickered away with a sound like distant thunder.

Just before the rift vanished, a figure tumbled out of the void, landing with an undignified yelp and an even more undignified flailing tuck-and-roll, coming to rest next to a small pond in the middle of the park. The woman hopped unsteadily to her feet, eyes darting wildly at the scene around her. Even if she hadn't just fallen out of a hole in the sky, she'd be turning heads. She's wearing a black felt fedora and a heavy tan trenchcoat over a white dress shirt, slacks, and to the sharp-eyed, combat boots, all of it a good 70 years out of style.

Charlene thumbed her radio, getting nothing but static. "Goddamn! T-tommy, can you hear me, kid? That contraption went critical. No time-hoppin' madman, but we've got a... situation."

The wrongness of the scene finally began to register. Clothes were wrong, buildings were wrong, too tall, too many, too much glass, like somethin' out of Popular Mechanics. 'Life in the Grand Future of 1980!' Cars didn't look like anything Charlie'd ever seen.

She slumped down against a tree, overwhelmed by the whole thing, unable to do much but laugh and shake her head, "Hell's bells... they're never gonna believe this one."

Nintendogeek01
2015-02-17, 12:54 AM
Vampire

"...you're not going to save anyone if you crash and burn from overwork..." as Tina's voice came over the other line to tell Mina this the light show went off a fair distance away, far enough that she wasn't in the immediate vicinity of it but close enough to see an unfortunate pigeon get pulled into it.

"Tina get to the comms!" Mina interrupted hastily, immediately standing up and grabbing her purse while hanging up her phone. As she made a break for a nearby restroom in the park she glanced back over her shoulder to catch a glimpse of a woman exiting the rift.

In just a minute Mina had made it to an empty stall, torn off the clothing covering most of her costume, stowing them into the purse while grabbing her gloves and belt. After fastening them and untying the cape, Mina pulled the cowl over her face, and in her place stood the Vampire. She scooped up the purse (concealing it under her cape on the off-chance someone passes by her on the way out the door) and exited the restroom.

Making sure that no one was looking she activated the anti-gravity pack and cape and flew to the top of the restroom building and left her purse there for later retrieval, and even on the one in ten-thousand chance someone could actually get up there to steal it, all they'd get were some clothes and a temporary phone that lacked anything that could link back to Mina. Once the purse was dropped off she flew back towards the rift location, finding the woman leaning against a tree.

"Haven to Vampire, do you read?" Tina's voice chimed in over the comm.

"I do," Vampire replied.

"Good, now what was that about? It'd better be important if you're interrupting your day off for it," Tina sighed.

"It's always important," Vampire replied a bit coldly. "Right now I need to determine if this woman is a threat or not," Vampire circled the air just a bit before landing a distance away behind the tree; a little scare is fine if that's what happens but landing right in front of this woman could cause a dangerous over-reaction.

Vampire walked towards the woman against the tree, stopped about ten feet away at an angle slightly behind the tree.

"Flashy entrance there," Vampire said, her tone not meant to convey any sign of being truly impressed, cautious maybe but not impressed, "Now who are you?"

Syless
2015-02-17, 02:03 AM
OOC
Riftwalker technically doesn't have any sort of senses like that, but as long as the GM's okay with this, sure, this works.

Riftwalker

As the first inkling of space opening filtered into her senses, Alice began to utterly panic. Images of eldritch horrors and the consumption of all mankind ran through her mind as she quickly turned to the source. The worst of her fears were allayed as she saw the disturbance open- it wasn't one of hers, whatever it is, at least it wasn't her fault. They were calmed further still when she saw the lone woman fall through before it closed. Whoever she was, she couldn't be as bad as the end of the world.

Acting with practiced speed, Alice ran for the nearest alleyway, finding a spot where she wouldn't be noticed disappearing. She makes a swift ripping action, tearing space beneath her and falling into her room back at home. Within two minutes she'd managed to change into her proper outfit, then leapt into the park where she'd seen the woman fall. A tear in reality opened up about twenty feet from the pond where the woman first fell, from which Riftwalker fell gracefully. Keeping a careful eye on the now two women, Rift nonetheless relaxed her stance a bit. "Are you okay? Where are you from?"

Shifting my array to Riftwalk 10 (30 pp), Devouring Rift 10 (30 pp).

Red_Jenny
2015-02-17, 08:16 AM
Agent X
Charlie Grant

They look like they walked out of the funny books. Superheroes? I've been here a minute, wherever here is, and I've got two honest-to-goodness superheroes breathin' down my neck. Despite her codename and suit full of gadgets and days spent fighting madmen who wanted to conquer the world, Charlie still thought of superheroes as figures from newsreels and newspapers. They didn't play by the same rules spies did. Supers showing up was a bad thing. That meant someone hadn't done their job and now the cape-and-mask set had to clean up your mess before it got worse.

On a different day, Agent Grant would have given up a fake name and dashed off into the shadows as soon as the opportunity presented itself. She still considered it, fingers wrapped around a gas grenade tucked into one of her many pockets. Sam Hill, Charlie, you just fell out of a hole in the damn sky. You'd be just as jumpy. Play nice. With her cover as blown as it could possibly be, in a place where she wagered it didn't matter much anyway, the spy is afforded a rare opportunity - she can be honest.

"I knew those parking tickets would catch up with me eventually." She stood up, arms raised in mock surrender. "First Lieutenant Charlene Simpson Grant, Office of Strategic Services. Serial number 94832007, ma'm." Charlie flashed a crooked grin at her interrogators. "Call me Charlie, if you like." She turned toward Riftwalker. "I've been better, but nothin's broken or bleeding. Kind of you to ask. I don't really know how to answer that second one without sounding a little nuts, though. Earth? The USA? Freedom City? 1944?"

"Now let me ask you a couple questions. That flashy entrance wasn't my idea, see, and I've got a feeling something's very wrong. Where am I and, well, what year is it?" Worry crosses Agent Grant's face as she waits for a response she doesn't really want to hear.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-02-17, 05:47 PM
Ashley Tyer - Ground Zero At The Freakout Zone

As the young florist tends to her flower stand, an idle glance upwards catches sight of a small panel truck marked "Redshift Energies" passing by. Just another of many vehicles out and about today. However, without warning, the truck suddenly explodes. Ashley is shielded from the worst by her stand, but the force of it still throws her back. A strange cloud of silver mist begins to pour out of the wreckage, quickly growing and then engulfing Ms. Tyer, which is when things get strange.

The cloud starts moving, swirling into a sudden vortex. Bolts of bluish lightning begin firing from it and it is one of these bolts that strikes the unfortunate florist. The sensation of it is not something easily described. It feels like liquid fire pouring into the eyes, quicksilver running from the cerebral cortex, and an icy nuke detonating at the center of the heart. Before Ashley's head even clears, a sudden flood of energy ripples out from her, the flower stand rent apart in a shower of splinters and azaleas and it takes a moment to realize that the surge of power originated from her.

Whatever just happened, it has left her irrevocably changed. And she isn't the only one. As the dust settles and the silvery maelstrom fades, Ashley notices several other figures rising from the rubble.

Agent X, Cel, Riftwalker, Vampire - Following The Yellow Brick Row

As costumed crimefighters and startled spies gather in the park, and a sulky speedster tries to enjoy a day out with her girlfriend, their conversations are rudely interrupted. The loud, heart-stopping sounds of an explosion and shattering glass along with the accompanying shock strike the ladies all without warning. Within moments, a strange cloud of silvery mist blankets the surrounding area. Just as panic and flight are about to take hold, the cloud begins to swirl without any evident prompting from the wind. It whips itself into a cyclonic mass, discharging what appear to be bolts of bluish lightning both within itself and outward around its immediate vicinity.

The Emerald City citizens enjoying their day on the Yellow Brick Row are, quite reasonably, screaming and running for their lives from the bizarre event occurring nearby. Both the blast and bolts subside and begin to dissipate shortly afterward, leaving the dead and injured as the most immediate concern. The fleeing, panicked crowds and hopelessly jammed roads mean that the superheroic women nearby may be the only first-responders available for the critically injured now.

Nintendogeek01
2015-02-17, 06:07 PM
Vampire appreciated that this... Charlie was so forthcoming, but before she could continue to question her or Riftwalker the silvery vortex exploded further in the downtown area, roughly in the direction of the yellow brick row. Once this storm had subsided Vampire took a moment to regain her wits before her cape spread open and she began to lift off.

"Agent, Riftwalker, we can continue this later!" Vampire then turned to look at Riftwalker, "You should probably get our time-stranded agent here somewhere safe before heading over to ground zero, I'm going there now!" with that, not even stopping to offer any sort of explanation as to how she knew about Riftwalker, Vampire took off at full speed in the direction where the silvery blast had originated. "Haven, do you read me!?"

"What just happened!?" Tina's panicked voice asked over the comms.

"That's what I'm about to find out, keep your eye on newsfeeds, radio chatter, everything!" Vampire instructed as she arrived at the ruined scene of the Yellow Brick Row, landing on the edge of a roof to oversee the damage, and scan for any danger.

Syless
2015-02-17, 10:48 PM
Riftwalker mouthed a single unairable word as the explosion hit. Evacuation procedures began to pour through her head as she took stock of the situation. Transporting people was easy, managing a mass panic was not. When the woman in black said her piece and ran off, she shook her head before opening a miniature rift in front of her mouth, which in turn opened by the other woman's ear. "If you can gather the wounded, I'll open a path to the hospital once I'm done with Ms. Grant."

Turning swiftly to the not-so-inconspicuously dressed spy, Rift began to tear the world in a larger way, a tear about to open near Charlie. "Emerald City, 2015- sorry you've missed most of a century- apparently in the midst of disaster, are you okay and is there anywhere you'd like to be dropped off before I get to the rest of the injured?"

Red_Jenny
2015-02-18, 06:01 PM
"Take cover!" Agent Grant is flat on her stomach behind the tree, pistol in hand, looking around for possible attackers and more substantial cover before her ears even stop ringing. It takes a moment for her to snap back out of her combat mindset. Only one explosion, not an artillery strike, Charlie. People were hurt and panicking, and what she'd originally took as smoke was now throwing out lightning and spinning like a tornado. The situation immediately shunted her own problems into the deal-with-this-later box. She had to help.

"Emerald City, 2015- sorry you've missed most of a century- apparently in the midst of disaster, are you okay and is there anywhere you'd like to be dropped off before I get to the rest of the injured?"

Emerald City. 2015. 71 years and 3,000 miles in a couple of seconds. I need a drink. Riftwalker's explanation earns a low whistle and a disbelieving stare from Charlie. "No kidding? I've actually been here. Didn't look like this, though. As for where you're taking me? As close to where that bomb went off as you can. You're crazy if you think I'm gonna stand on the sidelines!"

BananaPhone
2015-02-19, 03:51 AM
The rest of the day had been progressing rather well. The sun was bright and warm without being intrusively hot. The crowds had thinned to the point of being bearable. The shops were no longer hipster magnets that drew the type of people Killian wanted to shoot into space. But she didn't need to think about that! Emily was next to her, holding her hand casual and walking by her side and talking.

Then the world seemed to become a haze of silver and screams - lightning and thunder. A ripple of screams emanated from the point of detonation as people registered in their mind what was going on before a blind panic took over and animated their features into a stampede.

"And then I thought next week we could see about talking to my mom an - "

Emily took a step forward and halted. Blinking her eyes, looking around - she was back at home.

"Oh...what the f...damnit!"

oOo

The world seemed to slow down around Cel as she sprinted back to ground zero of the silver storm. Already changed into her form-hugging attire, hair tied back and ducking and weaving in between obstacles before her - inanimate and human alike.

Finally she gets back to Yellow Brick Row where she halts on the peripherals of Ground Zero. To others around her it seems like she just appears out of nowhere in a gust of wind.

Syless
2015-02-20, 04:30 AM
Riftwalker raises an eyebrow. "Ground zero? I should probably be suspicious of your intent, what with showing up about five minutes before this happened and then wanting to get there ASAP... but I figure if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't be relying on someone like me to get you there, you'd have a better plan in mind. At least, that's what most crazy evil people I've encountered would have done. Anyway." Rift makes a slight gesture, and her slit in the world opens to a point as close to ground zero as she can approximate, gesturing with her head for Charlie to go on through. "By the way, if this doesn't end horribly, I am kinda curious about how you pulled off the time travel thing. Neat trick."

Red_Jenny
2015-02-20, 01:14 PM
Ground what now? She must mean the bombsite. Charlie glares at Riftwalker, a bit offended. "There are casualties, I want to help, simple as that. If you think I had something to do with this you can put me in cuffs and drag me downtown later."

Faced with the prospect of stepping through another rift, Charlie hesitates for a moment. "No, what you just did, that's a neat trick. Time travel? I just got yanked into a portal someone else made. Half my own damn fault, half saving the world. Tell you all about it when things calm down?" She takes a deep breath and hops through the tear, trusting that it leads where it seems to and that she's not about to end up in Ancient China or something.

Fun fact: "Ground Zero" originated with the atomic bombs. Charlie doesn't have that term in her vocabulary. It has made writing this scene kinda clunky. :smalltongue:

Bladecutter
2015-02-21, 04:00 PM
Everything around Ashley seems to be just as hazy as the tempestuous mist that just vacated her vicinity. Her mind had just been kicked off-balance several different ways in just mere moments. She cannot find her voice: her throat is sore and dry from the screaming she didn't hear herself doing as what felt like molten pain enveloped most of her senses and nerves. She even vaguely recalls being able to taste colors, and is just as indescribable as it sounds.

She can only make out muffled sounds through the disorienting ringing in her ears. They all seemed so distant to her. Everything was much quieter now. She can't remember the last time Yellow Brick Row was so quiet at midday. Why is that other cart floating? Last time she checked, hot dogs can't levitate.

Ashley reaches out to her flower stand to steady herself so she could take the moment to clear her head. But instead of the fine wood of her stand, Ashley is treated to a dulled sensation of falling. She didn't feel it when she hit the concrete, landing on her side. Her mind was still a little hung up on the floating cart. Carts aren't really supposed to do that. A thought enters her mind: Oh, I remember now, I broke my stand.

Just as that memory appeared, her mind recoiled and fast forwarded to the present moment. The other cart lands with a loud bang as its wheels pop off from the force, but is otherwise unharmed. The pain returns to Ashley's limbs as the adrenaline rush and numbness fades; a groan erupting from her lips. It is, mercifully, not as bad as the pain she just experienced getting hit by magic lightning, but it is akin to a mixture between the worst hangover and all of the needles everywhere. Every rapid beat of her terrified heart feels like it is pumping hot fire through her veins. She can't taste anything, and she briefly hopes she didn't bite her tongue off or something horrible.

That infernal ringing has yet to leave, though. And why can she hear white noise? Did someone break a radio?

Dancing Owlbear
2015-02-22, 06:15 PM
Everyone - Where The Action Is

Despite lasting only a few brief moments, the silver vortex destroyed a great deal in its path. The walls of nearby shops were crumbling, glass shattered, cars were tossed, most on their sides. Several citizens had perished in the chaos, many more injured and dazed. However, perhaps the most pressing concern are those citizens who emerged from the tempest... changed.

There seem to be at least five causing even more chaos as they tear their way through downtown. More innocent bystanders on the other side of the silver storm flee from what appears to be some hybrid of man and octopus, its tentacles wriggling and lashing out as it attempts to grab people nearby, and a beast woman, all fur, torn clothes, and claws, who rabidly slashes at a young couple keeping her at bay with a plastic picnic chair. A lanky roadie with long blonde hair and a half torn tank top wanders half-dazed down the street as he unleashes deadly lasers, cutting through trees, street lamps, and even cars. Nearby a teenager in Hot Topic clothes and too much makeup cackles, his hands crackling with some strange energy before he hurls it into a coffee shop, blowing the windows out and showering the cowering customers with glass.

The last among the marauding malcontents is perhaps the most troubling. A young blonde woman, she looks as though she was on her way to an office job. Clad in a plain white blouse, black pencil skirt, and heels, one might guess she was a secretary if it weren't for all the scrap metal wrapped around her like makeshift battle armor and the bent Stop sign she's wielding like a battle axe. She hovers above the Yellow Brick Row, a field of raw power exuding from the woman as she clenches a hand into a fist and a nearby Hummer crumples up like a can of soda.

In the midst of all this are several helpless civilians. A young brunette woman in jogging clothes is pinned beneath a fallen tree, her chocolate lab whimpering as it watches helplessly. An older gentleman with salt and pepper hair and a worried expression is attempting to extricate himself from his vehicle, however a stray laser beam has fused the car door shut, while also igniting a thin line of gasoline nearby from where the car had originally been parked before being tossed by a wave of magnetic force. And, of course, there's the high school sweethearts being harassed by the rabid she-beast.

It seems these heroines have their work cut out for them.

The Vampire
Perched above, Mina has a good view of the chaotic scene. However, as she surveys the stormers swath and the detonation point, she spots a young lady on the sidewalk nearby, next to the floating remnants of a hotdog cart.

Everyone
The group has a few decisions to make here, as a team or as individuals. There are several citizens in less than healthy predicaments at the moment, but there's also a group of rampaging superhumans on the loose. If they focus on disaster relief, it will buy more time for these new villains to wreak more havoc. But if they focus their attention on these evil doers, then they leave the poor bystanders in danger. How you tackle the situation is entirely up to you!

Nintendogeek01
2015-02-22, 07:16 PM
Vampire

The Vampire grit her teeth and cursed to herself in her thoughts. The ones in a daze who seem to be just lashing out in confusion are one thing, the innocent bystanders are another, but there is clearly at least one psycho who's reveling in his power; all the while the Vampire is just one woman, one well-trained and intelligent woman, but there was still a lot going on all at once.

Okay, first priority is the civilians; unfortunately for the woman pinned under the tree, as fit as the Vampire is, moving that tree and ensuring the safety of the woman trapped beneath it was a risk she couldn't take when there were other obvious dangers surrounding them. The man trapped in the car she could easily break a window and extricate him from the vehicle but the beast woman was putting two people in the most immediate peril. The Vampire's heart skipped a beat as she dropped off the edge of the roof and her cape flared to catch wind, falling into a silent glide towards the back of the beast woman. She knew that by doing this there's a real chance she'll be too tied down by the beast woman to help the man, but she has to save as many lives as possible.

The Vampire's cape and anti-gravity pack buffered any noise the glide would have made, she brought her legs together, tucked them toward her chest, and once she was within reach of the beast woman, she lashed out her legs to strike her. Once struck, the beast woman gasped and tumbled away, growling as she did so, leaving the Vampire to land on the pavement in front of the young couple whilst glaring at the beast woman, challenging her and letting her know that The Vampire is the threat she needs to focus on.

"Get to safety! Get other victims if you can!" The Vampire yelled at the startled couple before taking a fighting pose, she was ready for action.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-02-22, 07:29 PM
The Vampire - In The Thick Of It

The bestial and lithe creature begins to lower, preparing to pounce at the couple. However, the attempt is thwarted as it is caught off guard by a kick from the Vampire. But the attack doesn't connect solidly, only managing to knock the monstrous woman off-balance and, of course, turn her attention toward Mina. She growls, yellow eyes turning to regard the vigilante as she bares her fangs and claws.

Not wanting to stick around any longer, the couple blink at both of the supers before hurrying away to find somewhere a little more safe, shouting, "Thank you!" in unison as they retreat from the imminent brawl.

While the Mongoose didn't perceive the attack coming, her toughness roll was.. well.. rather good. Still, she's focused on you, at least. :smallbiggrin:

Syless
2015-02-22, 11:40 PM
Riftwalker

Riftwalker hesitates momentarily, shifting her gaze between the villains and the wounded. Biting her cheek, she opens a small rift in front of her, sending a message to the time-displaced agent. "If you can fight, try and keep those monsters away from the civilians, let me handle evacuating the wounded." Turning to the man trapped in his car, Rift wrenches her hand and opens a rift beneath him, sending him a quick message at the same time. "You'll be fine- I'm Riftwalker, and I'm sending you to the hospital. Don't panic." She then turns her head, keeping an eye out for the next wounded.

Shifting my array to Riftwalk 7 (21 pp), Devouring Rift 10 (30 pp), Whisper of the Rift 3 (9 pp), and assuming we're going turn-by-turn now.

Bladecutter
2015-02-23, 01:10 AM
Ashley Tyer
Luck: 4

As much as she doesn't want to move, Ashley can't help but notice what appears to be a secretary-gone-evil hovering above her current location, throwing metal objects around like crushed beer cans. Ashely's job can be stressful sometimes, but that woman might just be a little too wound-up. She also couldn't help but notice the downed tree with a woman trapped beneath it. She also can't help but imagine that tree coming off of that woman and flying toward the Super Secretary to be rammed somewhere unpleasant.

So Ashley promptly sucks it up and rises painfully to her feet. This does not help the headache, but things have got to get done. She had a brief respite, and was able to at the very least piece together that it was her that lifted up that cart. Replicating that should be easy: it was just a matter of feeling it. Not sure if I can manage a tree, but let's find out.

She then picks the tree up off of the jogger to appease the demands of the chocolate lab, and chucks the damned thing like a javelin at Sky Secretary. Her eyes and hands become enveloped in a dark purple fire, with little lighter purple motes coming off of them like embers.

BananaPhone
2015-02-23, 01:18 AM
Cel watched through her goggles as a motley menagerie of empowered humans let loose upon an unsuspecting public with lasers, claws and eldritch energy.

Having come to a stop upon the peripherals of the action, Cel darted her attention back and forth between the out-of-control metahumans, the fleeing civilians and what appeared to be the costumed-types that were already on the scene. She watched as a sleek, feminine figure bedecked in black and red swooped down to draw the murderous attention of some were-beast unto herself. Meanwhile, another woman was ripping small tears in reality - a spiffy little trick - and opening them near entrapped civilians.

Pursing her lips, Cel turned back to the scene of bedlam and focused in on the gangly-looking roadie. An unkempt and dirty example of the cliche carnie, his projected laser beams were searing off swathes of building, vegetation and metal alike with comparative ease - who knew what type of damage those things could inflict if allowed to scythe across throngs of fleeing civilians. Alright ugly, you're mine, the speedster thought to herself as she dashed forward.

This was not to be, however, as Cel seemed distracted by other things on her mind. A champion kickboxer in her younger days, she couldn't seem to hit a dazed, confused and recently empowered normal human who only just had to stand in place to miss her wild flurry of blows.

Thankfully her speed might also be her one saving grace - she moved to quick for anyone to see. Little more than a navy blue blur she was gone half a second after arriving, clearly aiming her fists for the flies buzzing around the roadies head.

Red_Jenny
2015-02-23, 03:17 AM
Agent X
Charlie Grant

Well, this is above my paygrade. Monsters and superpowered crazies in abundance. Is this what the future was always like? Was that why two superheroes had been on the scene as soon as she'd landed?

"You got it." Unsure if Riftwalker could her her response, Charlie rapidly assesses the situation. Vampire was already in the thick of it, and two new heroes had cropped up, tossing things around with their minds and moving almost too fast to follow. And here I am with a popgun and some toys. Her eyes settle on the cackling teenager. Some of these freaks seemed more dazed or maddened than anything. That was one thing. The clown (Was he actually a clown? Why the makeup?) laughing as he blew things up was another entirely.

"Hey kid! Catch!" In one smooth motion, Agent X pulls a small green cylinder from her pocket, pops the pin, and tosses it at the teenager. It erupts in a blinding burst of light and an ear-ringing shriek.

Using a Flash-Bang (Burst Area Dazzle) on Captain Hot Topic. DC 14 Dodge check and DC 14/12 (depending on the dodge result) Fort save. Visual+Auditory impaired for one degree of failure, disabled for two, unaware for three. Effect is Cumulative.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-02-25, 07:12 PM
Agent X

Chad Sherwin was no stranger to having things thrown at him. As a result, despite his enormous powers, instinct kicked in causing the goth poseur to flinch away and blink. It was enough to shield him from the brunt of the flash grenade's explosion. And while the weapon had not blinded him, the black clad college student still fumed all the same. Some woman had made him look weak, scared even. Chad Sherwin would not let this stand.

When he turned back around toward Charlie, his painted face was a twisted mask of rage, "You #@$%&! Do you know who you're dealing with?! I AM LORD ETHERIC! Begone, wench!"

A ball of blue energy formed in the palm of his hand and he thrust it toward her, unleashing a beam of the strange power right into the time displaced secret agent. The effect was quite disconcerting, feeling as though someone was trying to rend her mind apart.

Lord Etheric barely manages to hit with a 15. It's a Damage 8 power, so that's a DC 23 resisted by Will.

Ashley Tyer

Ashley had surprise on her side, but it still wasn't quite enough. The tree slammed into the back of the floating woman with the magnetic personality, sending her flying several yards away until she pushed herself off of it no worse for wear. The newly freed jogger pulled her dog close to herself, wincing. She wasn't in any condition to go jogging away, but at least she wasn't in immediate danger anymore.

However, the metal clad menace returned with fury in her eyes. Her attention was now fixed solely on Ashley and she reached out to try and crush her with her magnetic might. Waves of power flowed out but missed their mark, a nearby trash bin screeching as it twisted and tore apart.

"Not smart. I was just having a little fun and you had to go and spoil it. But that's fine. I'll just entertain myself by pulling you apart!"

Supra Secretary's Magnetic Blast missed! Which is good cause its scary. :smalleek:

The Vampire

The animal woman's low growl reverberated through her entire sleek form, her dark brown fur almost seeming to bristle with frustration. Someone had kept her from her prey. Now they would be the new prey. With a roar, the she-beast launched herself at the Vampire. A flurry of claws and fangs, the creature fought with all the ferocity of a mongoose. However, simple ferociousness appeared to be no match for exceptional training and reflexes. Whenever the animalistic stormer slashed at Mina, the black and red clad heroine simply wasn't there to meet those sharper than sharp talons.

As a result, the beast only grew that much more frustrated, enraged, and fixated upon her opponent.

Beast Woman did not manage to hit! :smallsmile:

Cel

The roadie seemed only slightly confused by the sudden gust of wind that had briefly blown around him. He paused, taking a brief moment to scan his surroundings before continuing along again. Another beam of light was hurled from him, slicing through several trees, the stumps smoking with the searing heat of the lasers. So far, the possibly drug-addled light bender hadn't hit anyone, but it was only a matter of time.

Roadie makes more attacks with his laser blasts.

Riftwalker

Alice's efforts pay off in the nick of time, teleporting the older gentleman away just in time. As the rift closes behind him, the trail of ignited gasoline reaches the car, causing the vehicle to burst into flames in an explosion. Thankfully, no one else is nearby. Of course, there are still plenty of other civilians that are in need of rescuing and crazed villains in need of thwarting.

You rescued one of the citizens! Good job! :smallbiggrin:

And The Rest

While the heroines engaged the stormers and rescued bystanders, one slimy individual managed to escape notice. The man-octopus continues to flail about as he continues down the street, stumbling into a little shop that sold artisinal soaps. Quite a few people had hidden inside after the explosion and were cornered when the newly mutated creature entered. With his many tentacles, he lashed out, grabbing six of them, one in each tentacle, before carrying them away with him. Of course, like any sane individual, the people struggled and screamed, drawing the attention of the otherwise distracted supers.

The octopus guy is causing more trouble and has grabbed up a bunch of helpless folks. And that's it for the villains turn. Time for the heroes to react and do more heroic type things! :smallbiggrin:

Syless
2015-02-25, 08:56 PM
Riftwalker

First Riftwalker sees the civilians get snapped up. Then she sees the betentacled abomination. Then she starts seeing red. A sudden swell of terror and aggression takes control of her, and she starts grabbing and twisting at the air, opening miniscule rifts all over the surrounding area as matching ones inside the creature attempt to displace its vital bits.

Because of course the girl with the fear of Lovecraftian abominations and cuddlefish ends out up against the octopus-man. Shifting array to Rifttear 10 (30 pp), Whisper of the Rift 2 (6 pp), Riftwalk 8 (24 pp), and using Rifttear on Cthulhu Jr., so DC 25 Fort save.

Red_Jenny
2015-02-26, 12:54 AM
Agent X
Charlie Grant
Condition: Bruised (-1)

Caught flat-footed, Charlie howls in pain as things go fuzzy, her mind going six different directions at once. She stepped back, trying to focus. You've been trained to fight crazies, let Uncle Sam tell you what to do with this punk. Skinny, scared little rat who's never thrown a punch in his life? You've got a gadget for that, Charlie.

Agent X had been trained for all manner of deception and skullduggery. She was a wily and nimble fighter and acrobat with a coat full of toys cooked up by the best minds in the OSS.

Naturally, she pulled out a pair of brass knuckles, stepped right up to "Lord Etheric" and threw a vicious haymaker. "Kid, I've already had an 'emperor' try to kill me today. Lord Jumped-Up Little **** ain't even getting mentioned in my diary."

Per results in the dice thread, Agent X took a hit from the mind beam, and rolled a 16 on her own attack. If that hits, it's a DC 23 toughness check for Lord What's-his-name.

Nintendogeek01
2015-02-26, 01:18 AM
Vampire

Vampire successfully stepped aside each furious swing from this... Mongoose of a woman; whilst avoiding these blows Vampire took note of the blur that zipped around the laser-firing roadie before going around a corner... a woman maybe from what little she could make out. Whoever that was just left the roadie to continue to fire lasers indiscriminately; reckless. There would be time to figure out who was who after this was taken care of.

Vampire ducked one more swipe and then back-flipped away, landing on top of a car a few feet behind her with the aid of her anti-gravity pack; while in mid-flip she observed a young woman glowing as a similarly glowing tree was hurled at the magnetic woman. Yet another meta-human of unknown disposition... great. At least those two meta-humans are focused on each other rather than civilians, and the lifted tree did enable the woman with her dog to escape.

She also observed Riftwalker with the Agent... Vampire scowled as she readied to land from her flip, the Agent's mental state after being apparently time-displaced could very easily make her dangerous for all parties, the agent included. At the very least the Agent had the attention of that megalomaniacal goth, Lord Etheric... Lord Pretentious more-like. She'd need to have a stern word with Riftwalker about bringing a complete unknown into obvious danger, and thank her for rescuing the man in the car she supposed.

The screaming civilians decided the Vampire's next course of action as she landed in a slight crouch; The Vampire primed her wrist-launcher to fire at maximum power, aimed, and fired a flurry of her "Vampire Fangs" in the Octapus-monster's direction. The fangs hit their mark across the tentacled thug's torso, one for each helpless civilian this coward had the nerve to lay his slimy tentacles on!

Immediately after firing her Vampire Fangs, the Vampire jumped to the side and flew into a nearby alleyway, circling around to the back of the building before flying straight up to the roof and landing in a low crouch on top of the roof. Hopefully this would make the villains waste time searching for her; ideally this would enable The Vampire to ambush one of them, but if not at least it might get them off the street.

Bladecutter
2015-02-26, 07:14 PM
Ashley
Hero Points: 0
Luck: 2

Ashley flinches away from the horrifying screeching of twisting, tormented metal. Holy crap I am not in the mood for this. And she had someone else fighting some werebeast nearby, to boot. At least the woman and her dog are... doing better? She'll have to deal with that when she's done with Magnetary here, because she got problems.

Here she is, with only a vague notion of how to use any of these... what, powers? Any of these powers she's wielding, squaring off against some woman crushing cars. And this headache. She'll need to drink away the hangoveresque migraine she's got going on later. Whiskey sounds good right about now... maybe some old fashioned Kentucky bourbon.

Focus, she admonishes herself, beat her, booze later. I think I can fix this girl's injuries later too.

"Did you learn that at work? No wonder you're upset. They're probably going to fire you for suckin' at crumpling!" Ashley shouts back with a light country drawl, before following up with a high-power pulse of purple energy. It erupts from her hand with a fwump sound, similar to compressed air being released when you open a jar and cuts through the air with seeming little effort.

Just as it looks like it will go wide, it curves back toward the Secretary. Ashley thanks her luck, and quickly fires off a much less powerful pot shot at the Mongoose for good measure to help out the Vampire. She's not really familiar with the woman; Ashley doesn't follow superhero stories as much as she probably should, but Vampire looked like she was on her side at the least, so that's something.

But then she realizes that The Vampire is no longer there and she just shot a pulse of energy at the Mongoose, probably drawing her attention and adding on to her troubles. The last thing she needs is two people trying to crumple her up like a paper.

She curses her luck.

BananaPhone
2015-02-26, 07:59 PM
Cel tries again and fails. She'd taken out whole armed gangs in a thousandth of a second, but apparently a disorientated, confused roadie was too much for her.

To ensure she's not a complete failure Cel does not run off this time. Instead she opts to remain so that her inability to take out one long-haired nobody doesn't get someone killed.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-02-28, 07:50 PM
Ashley's blast cuts through the air, exploding as it strikes the flying 'Supra Secretary' and knocks her back. The woman skids across the ground, armor made from metal scraps spitting off sparks as it grinds against yellow brick. She doesn't stay down for long, climbing back to her feet and wiping the blood from her cut bottom lip. Any callous amusement that had been on the blonde's face before fades and she becomes very serious, "Alright. Now, I'm mad."

She rushes towards the florist, lifting off the ground again to take flight. Supra Secretary moves her hand in a throwing-like motion and a wrecked car follows after her, hurling straight toward the southern super.

-

Lord Etheric cries out in pain as Agent Charlie Grant connects with a solid haymaker. If it weren't for his newly developed powers, the punk would be fat on his ass. Instead, he takes several steps back, clutching his face in shock as much as pain, "You... you hit me! I c-can't believe you hit me!"

The kid only gets angrier, but it steadily becomes clear that he's never been in a real fight in his life. He takes a step toward the pugilistic super spy, throwing another psychic blast to try and crush her mind, but the energy flies wild and completely misses. "I have had it with this! No one is going to push me around anymore!"

-

As the Vampire retreats, the Mongoose follows. She darts around several piles of wreckage, nimbly dodging the kinetic pulse that was fired at her. The beast woman gives Ashley a warning growl before following after her prey. Despite Mina moving to higher ground, she is unable to shake her opponent. As the Mongoose approaches the wall, she leaps into the air and lands upon the roof to continue the pursuit. Her wild eyes narrow as she slinks closer.

Despite the animalistic appearance, there still seemed to be some measure of a human intellect buried deep within. Before, the Mongoose hadn't been able to lay a finger on the dark defender of Emerald City. But as she reengaged, it appeared that she had learned. Pouncing forward, she leapt around and behind the Vampire, raking her claws across the heroine's armored back.

-

The octopus man was more than happy to flee with his hostages in tow. However, the heroes had other plans. He stopped in his tracks, screaming in pain as he felt his insides being damaged by the imperceptible rifts that opened within him. Before he could recover from that, a rain of darts stabbed into his back, blinding him with even more pain. The end result was a very dazed eight limbed slimy monster. Dropping to one knee, he managed to hang onto the innocent civilians, but it was clear his hold would not last forever.

-

Once Cel stopped in her tracks, so did the roadie. He brushed his long hair back, blinking as he took a look at the woman in the cat suit, "Woah, lookin' good! Hey... where'd you come from?"

His attention drifted quickly enough to one of his hands, streams of light shooting from the palm. The roadie stared at it in wonder, "Dude, it's like Laser Floyd! See?"

Ribbons of laser seared through the air as he pointed the beams at the speedster. Of course, even the speed of light was no match for her, and Cel deftly maneuvered around them without so much as a scratch. "Far out!"

-

Supra Secretary Bruised (-1)
Lord Etheric Bruised (-1)
Mongoose Uninjured
Octaman Injured (-2 and Dazed)
Roadie Uninjured

Supra Secretary hits Ashley with a Move Object 10, so Ashley needs to make a DC 25 toughness check.

Lord Etheric missed on his attack against Agent X.

Mongoose hits Vampire with her Claws & Teeth, a Damage 9 power. Mina needs to make a DC 24 toughness check.

Octaman is Dazed and there's nobody nearby for him to attack, so don't worry about the roll. :smalltongue:

Roadie missed on his attack against Cel.

BananaPhone
2015-02-28, 08:17 PM
Cel
Condition: Irritated, fatigued

Scruffy haired idiot, Cel thought to herself.

Time slowed down and the Roadie seemed paused in his actions. The laser light show that he unleashed may have been impressive to him and onlookers - but to Cel each gesture of his hand was easily side-stepped.

Looking him up and down several times, the Speedster rolled her shoulders, exhaled and turned on the spot to practice several round-house and head-height kicks, an elbow-smash or two and a few punches before turning her attention back to the Roadie and performing the real thing.

ooc:

Standard Action: Taking 5 from To Hit and adding it to damage in a Power attack "rapid strikes": 1d20+9=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4789818/)

Finally.

A couple of things - recall that her attacks are Subtle 2, so his active defenses are halved. Second, she's got Multiattack with this so she'll either get +2 or +5 to her damage DC, depending on whether she beats his Parry by 5 or 10 (which should be 10 + 1/2 his normal defense).

So he needs a toughness save against: DC 25 + 2/+5.

Move Action: Using move-by action to move around a few metres to and fro, but return to within arms distance of the Roadie.

Nintendogeek01
2015-03-01, 01:57 AM
Vampire

As the Mongoose pounced from behind to bury her claws into the Vampire's back, the Vampire whipped around while stepping away from the Mongoose, rolling with the impact of the claw strike and keeping the Mongoose from penetrating the costume's armor. "Tch..." Vampire knew she had gotten careless; she let her anger at that thug of a cephalopod get the better of her and she had gotten sloppy both in her hit-and-run, and on her guard. Vampire was determined not to repeat that mistake, if she went down that meant one less person to save those helpless civilians... speaking of which.

Once the Vampire had finished springing back from the ravenous Mongoose, she dived backwards and rolled in mid-air to set her flight path to swerve behind the clearly injured tentacled thug; beyond the monster she saw Riftwalker staring intently at the tentacled thug; excellent, just who was needed to evacuate the civilians once they were freed. "Riftwalker! Civilians!" Vampire shouted, not that she didn't think Riftwalker had her priorities mixed up, but she needed to be sure that the super was alert.

Vampire fired another barrage of Vampire Fangs, six of which found their mark, six more to make that monster regret his hostage-taking.

Her action taken, the Vampire continued her flight path into an alleyway in another attempt to lose the Mongoose and force her to waste time searching for her; hopefully it'd work out better this time since the Vampire found a sign up the side of one building which she flew up to to hide behind, using her cape and pack to hover behind it but touching one hand and one boot to the building wall to give off the appearance of casually clinging to the wall. Unfortunately this restricted her view of the main battle, though still able to see a few of participants.

Red_Jenny
2015-03-01, 04:42 PM
Agent X
Charlie Grant
Condition: Bruised (-1), Fatigued

Charlie barely had to move to avoid the wild blast. Someone's rattled. That was quick. Despite the danger, Agent X allowed herself a smile. She wasn't usually the chatty type in a fight, but this clown made it too easy to pass up. "Aw, baby boy's a coward! I figured as much. Suck it up, kid, life's full of surprises. Here's another!"

Charlie grabbed 'Lord Etheric' by the collar and swiftly stepped behind him, sweeping her leg into his knees in an attempt to send the little loser straight into the pavement.

As Lord Etheric crashed to the ground, Charlie wound up for another heavy strike, planting a steel-toed combat boot square in the goth wannabe's ribs. "I'll stop if you give yourself up. You can go to jail, or you can go to the hospital, and then go to jail. Pick smart, kid."

Frustrated by the teenager's surprising reflexes, Charlie lashes out, driving a knee into his guts. "Be glad I didn't aim lower, kid."

The Trip attempt result was 23 (vs Parry), The Athletics check to actually trip him was 23 too. Falls prone if he fails. Second attack was 22, so a DC 23 Toughness check for Etheric.

Bladecutter
2015-03-02, 09:21 PM
Ashley
Luck: 1

Ashley is relieved that the Mongoose isn't going to retaliate against her for her potshot. She really didn't want two problems to deal with when the one was already being a handful. The one that had just swung a car at her while she was distracted. Ashley only caught part of the car out of the corner of her eye before it smacked in to her.

The strike sent her into a nearby tree trunk like a baseball. Only luck saved her, as the car managed to only hit a barrier that flared purple when she was struck, and the same flare-up happened when she hit the tree. Holy crap, I'm glad I have whatever that was just now.

She stands up after recollecting her wits, brushing herself off. "You know, this could have all been avoided if you just asked me out for some coffee before giving me the car. You gotta start relationships off right and proper."

This one might leave me open. Let's hope it's enough. She tosses another ball of energy at Supra Secretary - this one as large and disruptive to the air around is as the first one, but with an even more precise, spear-like shape. This, unfortunately, leaves her open.

Syless
2015-03-02, 11:28 PM
The lavender-clad heroine, still in a frenzy, continues tearing away at the cephalopodic villain as the lady in red calls out to her. The reminder serves to jerk her to her senses, readying her to act if necessary. "Right... civilians come first. I'll evacuate them the moment they're free."

As the sinister squid sinks to submission, the triumphant teleportress turns to the terrified townspeople. Dipping into the depths of her domain, she delivers a door to the desperate, opening two new rifts- one to search for a safe destination, the other to deliver them there.

Continuing to Rifttear (so still DC 25), then Riftwalking close before using Extra Effort in order to shift array to Open Rift 7 (35), Riftwalk 1, Eye of the Rift 7, and check a half a mile away from the epicenter for a safe place before opening a rift portal there.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-03-07, 09:04 PM
Cel was a blur as she unleashed a flurry of blows upon the chemically-altered roadie. Every kick, every strike, hit home with everything she had. When the storm of fists finally ended, the roadie still stood. For a moment, it was as though the onslaught had been completely ineffective. But any fear passed when he simply fell forward, face first, to the ground with a heavy thump.

-

Octaman fell shortly thereafter. The multi-limbed monstrosity simply wasn't capable of withstanding the combined efforts of both the Vampire and Riftwarden. As he was knocked on his asphalt, his slimy tentacles weakened their grip upon the innocent individuals that he had perniciously purloined. Before the civilians could reach the ground, they were dropped into a nice public park an hour away from the Yellow Brick Row.

-

While Emerald City's nighttime defender, the Vampire, attempted to vanish from the rest of the villain's eyes, she could not escape the Mongoose's nose. The wild woman sprinted down the alley, snarling out, "Smell you." Mina was discovered promptly as the antagonistic animal leapt up at her prey, trying to claw her but just falling short. As she crouched and growled, it was clear that she didn't intend to miss again.

-

The thoroughly unimpressive Lord Etheric winces and lets out a shrill cry of pain as Charlie plants her boot in his ribs. A faint blue-ish glow surrounded him and the goth pushed himself off of the ground to float nearby, "Let's see how smart you are when I melt your brain, you @#%$&!" The teen grit his teeth, focusing his power again to try and send another psychic blast at the agent out of time. However, the etheric energy splashed harmlessly across the yellow bricks.

-

And, nearby, two of the stormers continued to clash. A kinetic blast ripped through the air to slam into the magnetic menace, but she weathered the worst of it. The golden haired gladiator grinned at kinetic companion, "What can I say? I like to make a big show of things! Now, let me slip you into something uncomfortable!" With a wave of her hand, another big, metal, object came hurtling down to slam onto Ashley. This time, it was a big, heavy, trash container.

Supra Secretary Bruised (-1)
Lord Etheric Injured (-2)
Mongoose Uninjured
Octaman Incapacitated
Roadie Incapacitated

Supra Secretary hits Ashley with a Move Object 10, so Ashley needs to make a DC 25 toughness check.

Lord Etheric missed on his attack against Agent X.

Mongoose missed on her attack against the Vampire.

BananaPhone
2015-03-07, 10:18 PM
Cel
Condition: Satisfied, fatigued

It was with a degree of satisfaction that Cel watched the Roadie collapse forward onto the ground and mentally enter dream world. It had taken considerable willpower on her part to "pull her punches" so to speak, when connecting her fists with the guys head...hitting him too hard at Mach 200 could have reduced his entire body to paste.

But, that's why she was a Big Damn Hero.

In what seemed like a gust of wind, the Roadie went from K.O'ed face-down to laying on his back, his hands and feet bound together beneath him with plastic restraints.

Taking a look at the rest of the scene, Cel took a step forward and braced for further action. She saw some tentacled thing had been defeated (hopefully its opponent was not Japanese) and the other stormers seemed in various states of dishabille. The exception to this was the furry, snarling she-beast fighting a black-and-red costume. Perhaps that's where she was needed next?

Darting forward, Cel easily caught up to the pair right as Mongoose crouched for a pounce. Approaching from behind, Cel swept a leg low to take the she-beasts hindquarters clear out from under her before shooting off herself. Once again, it'd be like she wasn't even there at all.

ooc:
Invisiblecastle is down atm.

Move action:

- Putting some restraints on Road. As he's K.O and unable to offer resistance, I'll assume this is a move action and does not require a standard action, given that it's just a matter of time (and Cel can do things that take hours in just a second or two).
- Move up to Mongoose from behind. Hopefully this may mean she's unaware of Cel's attacks or something.

Trip Attack against Mongoose: [roll0]
If successful, Athletics: [roll1] vs Mongoose's Acrobatics, as via Improved Trip.

Move-by Action: Cel will then sprint off somewhere out of sight.

Nintendogeek01
2015-03-07, 10:44 PM
Vampire

"Mi... Vampire, talk to me, not yourself please!" Tina's voice buzzed over the comms.

"A bit busy right now..." Vampire muttered as that confounding Mongoose found her and took a mighty leap up to her position to swipe with her claws. Vampire scaled up the wall she was hovering against, pulling just out of reach of the Mongoose's attack, before springing off and flying to the corner of the opposite building, peering around it for a quick survey of the battlefield. "Details later, fighting meta-humans now," Vampire said into the comm before priming her wrist-launcher, switching from the standard fangs to the specialized taser fangs, and taking a shot at Lord Pretentious.

The almost full-powered shot soared through the air before nailing the gloating gothic teen dead center on his neck; Vampire couldn't help but smirk as the teen shrieked in pain, while she had no way of knowing whether his powers would enable him to shrug it off or not, he was going to feel that.

"Meta-humans!? I hope you know what you're doing!" Tina's panicked voice pulled Vampire back to her default state-of-mind as she pushed off the building corner and glided out towards the street.

"Always," Vampire replied tersely. She rolled into a land right beside Riftwalker, "The magnetic one's destructive," Vampire began as she whipped around to face the Mongoose; curiously a blur had just darted away from behind the Mongoose, probably the same one who dispatched the roadie. "I've got the Mongoose," Vampire finished telling Riftwalker as she leaped backwards, carried about ten feet away with the aid of her cape and pack.

Vampire skid to a halt in a defensive stance; Mongoose had proven twice now as being able to find her, and trying to lose her in the alleyways could have the opposite effect if she kept trying. No, Vampire was on her guard and ready for whatever came at her, right here and now.

Syless
2015-03-07, 10:48 PM
Riftwalker
Condition: Fatigued

Riftwalker breaths deeply in exhaustion as she closes the rift. Turning and scanning the rest of the battlefield, she sees Vampire engaged with the furry and Charlie with the emo, so she turned and saw two women, with the attire of civilians, fighting. Unsure which one to stop, Vampire turned and told her which to aim for. Nodding she turns to join the flinging fight, firing a boulder from the Plane of Eternal Rockslides at the magnetokineticist.

Shifting array to Riftwalk 10, Riftblast 10, Whisper of the Rift 1 and firing Riftblast (Stone descriptor) at Supra Secretary.

[roll0]

DC 25 Toughness if it hits.

Red_Jenny
2015-03-08, 12:10 AM
Agent X
Charlie Grant
HP: 0

Charlie smirks as the red and black costumed woman's attack catches Etheric right in the neck. She's good. Real good. Let's finish this loser, and maybe scare him straight. Her hand dipped into her coat as she turned to face the teen, and Etheric found himself looking down the barrel of Agent Grant's best friend. "Well, you made your call, kid. This here's Black Betty. She's real persuasive, so I'm gonna let her get in the last word." Betty might be persuasive, but she wasn't loud. There was no bang from the silenced pistol, just the disquieting *Clack**Clack**Clack* of the gun's inner workings.

Charlie's pistol has optional Stun rounds, a feature that has always been there and was not just hastily added so she doesn't murder a teenager in the middle of the street. :smallredface:

Full +5/-5 Power Attack. Attack roll: [roll0] DC 24 Toughness if it hits.

Edit: Attack rerolled in the dice thread. New result is 26.

Bladecutter
2015-03-11, 04:26 PM
Ashley
Luck: 0

The trash container hits Ashley full-on, sending her sprawling. Her barrier took the brunt of the hit that would have probably killed her not minutes before this fight started, flaring up as the loud clang of metal-on-person reverberates in the air. She keeps on her feet with a rather impressive display of acrobatic prowess that seems to be second nature.

That was not good for this disgusting migrane, she thinks through the pounding of her mind. Perhaps if she weren't so groggy, she'd have been able to dodge the broad side of a dumpster. Her jeans already had a few tears in them from wear, but now she can add another one on the thigh to the list.

She does take note of the boulder flying toward her adversary. Looks like someone's finally coming to help me. She visualizes what she can of the boulder's trajectory and prepares to throw another burst of energy at the Secretary to keep her on the ropes.

"This is a terrible first date. I don't think it's going to work out."Ashley fires off a burst of kinetic energy at Supra Secretary again, another reckless spear intended to bring the pain.

All-out Power Attack: +0 To Hit, +2 To DC, -2 to Defenses
Kinetic Pulse 6, DC 23 - [roll0]

Dancing Owlbear
2015-03-14, 03:27 PM
Despite already subduing two of the sinister stormers, the three still standing were proving to be quite a handful for the heroines. Octaman laid in the middle of the street and let out low, painful, groan in his sleep. The laser roadie didn't do much of anything, tied up as he was, content to remain unconscious and avoid the pain of a hundred superfast kicks to his face.

-

While the Mongoose's attention was focused on the Vampire, she's taken surprise by a sneak attack from Cel. The trip sent her flipping into the air, but her feral instincts allow her to spin, realign herself with the ground, and land safely. Though she continued to pursue her prey, the sudden attack out of nowhere clearly bothered her, and the Mongoose's attention was split between her enemy and her mystery opponent. The beast woman swiped at Mina, but couldn't help but look back at the alley, both in confusion and anticipation of another invisible ambush.

-

Agent X's pistol barked as she fired off several rounds. However, Lord Etheric wasn't there to meet them. As the bullets whizzed by, Charlie would notice the teen writhing on the ground. A small dart stuck out of his neck, apparently sending a rather strong current of electricity through the kid's body. To his credit, the 'mighty' Lord Etheric managed to remain conscious longer than most people who were hit with the Vampire's taser darts. His eyes were wide with anger and horror at his predicament before closing as he slumped onto the pavement. Eventually the dart ran out of juice, but he still twitched and sizzled for a long while afterward.

-

Meanwhile, the Supra Secretary was still going strong. She growled and swung her hand at the kinetic pulse to deflect it away, her attention completely on her fellow stormer. As such, she was rather unprepared for the sudden boulder from out of nowhere. The woman noticed a shadow fall over her, glancing over her shoulder with slowly widening eyes before the large rock slammed into her and sent her through an appliance store with a rather loud crash.

A moment later, several washing machines were flung back out the way she came to roll harmlessly across the street. The Supra Secretary emerged soon after, looking a little worse for wear as she brushed the dust off of her molded metal armor. Shaking several stray locks of blonde hair out of her face, she looked to Riftwalker and motioned for her to come closer, "You want some too? The more the merrier!"

Roadie: Incapacitated
Octaman: Incapacitated
Mongoose: Uninjured
Lord Etheric: Incapacitated
Supra Secretary: Injured (-2)

The villains all missed on their attacks this turn.

Syless
2015-03-14, 07:28 PM
Riftwalker

Rift smirks a bit as the boulder meets its mark. Watching supervillains careen through buildings was still rather satisfying, once she got used to the notion of property damage being an inevitable consequence of her work. Alice Veers will be making a large donation to the reconstruction fund when this is done with. As the woman barks out her threat, Riftwalker shakes her head. "That was just a warning rock, to get your attention. If you'll surrender now, you'll be spared any more trouble." She then turns her head over her shoulder and looks at the other two. "This goes for you as well, Lord Mascara and crazy cat lady!" Keeping a careful eye on the battlefield, the teleportress prepares to open rifts at the first sign of trouble.

Shifting array to Riftguard 10, Riftwalk 10, using Riftguard to reflect any enemy attacks this round.

Nintendogeek01
2015-03-15, 01:50 PM
Vampire

"Three down, two to go," the Vampire thought as she easily side-stepped the Mongoose's furious, yet unfocused, claws; whoever the runner is, they are at least proving an able distraction for the Mongoose, that was the good news. The bad news is that whilst hit-and-runs and ambushes worked on the other meta-humans so far the Mongoose's tenacity and sensory ability could draw the Vampire into a fair fight. This circumstance was unacceptable, lives were on the line and fair battles usually meant pointless risks. Or at least that's how it would normally go, but this time Vampire is not the only one here to stop this madness; whatever the intentions of the blur and the meta-human battling Magnette over there, they were at least putting a stop to wanton destruction. Not to mention that the Agent, in spite of her circumstances, and Riftwalker were doing a good job.

Or so she thought until the boulder Riftwalker pulled out of one of her portals slammed Magnette into a building and thusly causing property damage; an act that Vampire considered facepalm-worthy if she weren't using both of her hands to fight right now.

"Things are in chaos right now Vampire," Tina chimed in over the comms, "I don't know where emergency services are right now I'll let you know when I can pick them up!"

"Relax, I'm not the only one fighting the meta-humans," Vampire replied as she stepped in past one of Mongoose's claws and threw a quick fist aimed at her chest before quickly pulling it back, hoping that the Mongoose would try to dodge in a direction that would leave her off-guard.

"Okay good. Still, be careful," Tina warned.

Red_Jenny
2015-03-15, 03:58 PM
Agent X
Charlie Grant

"Hmph. I wasted a perfectly good quip on you, too." The unfortunate Lord Etheric gets a parting kick from Charlie as she turns to survey the scene. Two of the villains were still on their feet and causing havoc, and one of them just got up after getting tossed through a wall, looking more angry than hurt.

Deciding to take her chances with the foe she could actually hurt, Agent X dashed toward Mongoose and the caped woman. A one-on-one fight? That wouldn't do at all.

"Hey, you! Um, cat... thing. You look like you're made of sterner stuff than that joker was, so how's about you show me what you've got?"

The spy dropped back into a fighting stance and threw a pair of quick jabs followed by a massive, telegraphed roundhouse punch. A foe as agile as this animal woman would have little trouble dodging away... which was the whole idea.

As she bobbed and weaved, Charlie tossed a wink and a grin Mina's way. The caped crimefighter would know what to do.

Feint attempt rolled in the dice thread. Result of 31, benefit passed to Vampire. Mongoose is Vulnerable to Mina's next attack if she fails the check.

BananaPhone
2015-03-16, 02:20 AM
Cel

When Cel returned she was wielding a broken piece of drainage pipe between her hands. Though moving too quick to be detect by any normal people, she was forced to pause when she ran right up to the feral catwoman - now surrounded by two others - and let loose with a tempest of blows.

ooc:
Attack: 1d20+14=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4797492/)

Cel is using a piece of pipe, or a steel bar, or maybe even one of those orange traffic poles to beat the **** out of the mongoose. Either way it'll count as a club with +2 damage. Because of her Improvised Weapon she can use the club using her Unarmed rating of +14. Because she's using her rapid attacks she's also got her Subtle 2 and Multiattacks.

I'm not sre what Mongooses defenses are, but they're half way they should be against Cel. If she hits she gets +2 from Multiattack, if she hits by 3 degree's she gets +5 damage.

So Mongoose needs to make a toughness check against DC 24 or DC 29.

I'm not sure if the extra damage from the club means I have to take 2 from the "to hit" modifier due to PL, but if that's the case then Cel gets 26 to hit.

If Mongoose is still standing after Cel's turn, Cel will use Move-by action to run off again.

Bladecutter
2015-03-18, 04:25 PM
Ashley

This sucks. Stupid office worker. I just want to go home and she had to deflect my mental hand blast thing. Ashley laments her life choices up to this point in time. This headache is seriously a pain, and that hit from the dumpster would definitely show in the morning when she's got a nice big bruise across her side.

"Screw surrender, she hit me with a car!" Ashley states, and takes a step toward Supra Secretary before suddenly flying forward and attempting to maneuver around the other woman. Unfortunately, despite her impressive acrobatic talent and careful application of foot-to-ground, it doesn't seem to go well. She does manage to get her shot off against Supra Secretary, though: a point blank spear of dark purple energy fires from Ashley's hand to her target.

It seems Ashley's luck is starting to run out. Or maybe getting hit by the dumpster reminded her body that she was in lots of pain. Or suddenly gaining super powers threw off her game. But at least she'll hit with this attack. Hopefully.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-06-16, 04:59 PM
The Mongoose snarled as she was attacked from all sides, some feinting to catch her off-guard and others actually moving to inflict injuries upon her. While the time-displaced Agent X's fancy footwork took the beast's focus off of the Vampire, the furious feline still managed to roll with Cel's supersonic strikes. However, as soon as the assault ended, the creature was back on the offensive. With a roar, she lunged with gleaming claws and fangs toward Charlie, intent on ripping the not-so-secret secret agent to shreds!

-

Ashley's blast hit home, slamming directly into the magnetic menace. The energy washed off of the makeshift armor she wore, and the villainess clenched her fists and grit her teeth in clear frustration. The bruises were starting to add up and the number of dance partners was steadily rising. And while she wanted nothing more than to crush every single one of them, she knew what the better part of valor was.

"It's been fun, but I think I'm gonna take off. But here's a consolation prize from DEATH MAGNETIC!" The woman threw a blast of magnetic energy toward Ashley, missing by just a few inches. Making an annoyed face, she turned and soared up into the air, hoping to flee while she still had to opportunity to do so, "You're going to regret getting in my way! I swear it!"

Mongoose: Uninjured
Death Magnetic: Injured (-3)

The Mongoose hits Agent X with her Claws & Teeth attack. Roll Toughness vs. DC 24.

Syless
2015-06-16, 07:11 PM
Riftwalker

Riftwalker chuckles to herself. Why are the new ones always so megalomaniacal? She rends at the air in front of her, and a rift opens- though rather than being for her, the other end opens directly behind the magnetokinetic.

Shifting points into Devouring Rift 10, Riftwalk 10, and using Devouring Rift on Death Secretary, with the endpoint being directly in front of Riftwalker, so DC 20 Dodge.

Nintendogeek01
2015-06-16, 09:43 PM
Vampire

Vampire did not fail to catch the Agent's roundhouse kick, far too telegraphed to be a deliberate attack, and the wink sealed the deal; seeing that the Mongoose was in a poor position to dodge the Vampire hopped back and turned up the power on her wrist-launcher to maximum power, firing a salvo straight for the Mongoose!

Move Action: hop back about five feet, insignificant I know but oh well.

Standard Action: Power attacked against the Mongoose (who I think was made vulnerable to my next attack by Agent X's "set-up" right? Result was 24 in the dice thread.

Result if Successful: Mongoose must make a DC25 toughness save, DC27 if attack check succeeded by two degrees, or DC30 if the attack check succeeded by three degrees.

Red_Jenny
2015-06-17, 08:01 AM
Agent X
Charlie Grant
Condition: Staggered, Bruised x2 (-2), Fatigued

Charlie is caught watching the woman in red make her feint-assisted attack instead of keeping her own guard up, and Mongoose makes her pay, carving a brutal gnash in her ribs and staining the ground red. Charlie fires off several rounds as she stumbles back, more out of instinct than anything else. She's far more angry with herself than the half-crazed feral creature, mimicking her old drill instructor. "God damn... 'Stupid rookie made a stupid rookie mistake! That's gonna be one pretty set of scars, recruit, but scars are only as good as their story, and you're gonna have one duuumb tale to tell, Grant!'"

Charlie's toughness save was 11. Attack result was 30. DC 19 toughness save for Mongoose if it hits.

Bladecutter
2015-06-19, 08:26 PM
Ashley

Ashley regains her footing just in time to dodge a magnetic burst headed for her. She notes how similar their skillsets seem to be, and files it away in her mental filing cabinet for later perusal. Once she gets around to organizing that place. Death Magnetic is a dumb name. I hope it isn't a law to have a nickname if you have superhuman abilities. She weighs her options on what to do: on the one hand, Ashley can go home if Secretaria leaves. On the other, she hit her with a car, and that's going to smart later. Choices, choices.

"If that was your goodnight kiss after this lil' date, it's gonna need some practice." Ashley prepares her blast of kinetic force. "Allow me to show ya the proper form," she finishes, shooting a thin, accurate needle of potent dark purple energy.

BananaPhone
2015-06-20, 06:16 AM
Cel

Cell pursed her lips as this rat-woman-thing still refused to go down. Hit after hit, blow after blow, it was as if she was made from titanium or something.

By now, however, it was apparent to Cel that she wasn't the only one attempting to take this rat-girl-freak face-first into the dirt where she belonged.

Darting back into the action, still with her lead-pipe in hand, Cel cut loose again, trying a direct approach one last time.

Dancing Owlbear
2015-06-21, 04:07 PM
Charlie and the Vampire unleash a hail of bullets and 'vampire fangs' at the beastly Mongoose. She shrieks as she is struck, knocked back several steps by the force of the impact and clearly winded. Cel zooms in to throw another flurry of nearly invisible punches, but the animalistic villainess gets a surge of adrenaline, moving with the strikes to minimize her injuries. Even a near-rabid monster knows when it is outnumbered, and the Mongoose snarls at her enemies before turning and attempting to flee, leaping over a chain link fence halfway down the alley.

-

Death Magnetic was chuckling to herself as she got further and further away from the destruction she had partially wrought on the Yellow Brick Row, spinning to avoid another lance of kinetic energy that had been thrown at her. And then a strange portal opened up behind her, trying to pull her in. Despite her abilities, the magnetic malcontent could not break free of its otherworldly grasp. Sucked into the portal, the sinister stormer found herself on her butt at the feet of the Riftwarden. The sensation, however, clearly had left her a bit disoriented as Death Magnetic spun around to unleash a magnetic blast at the teleporter... and missed at point blank range.

"J-just... back off! Leave me alone or I'll destroy you!"

Mongoose: Injured (-3, Staggered)
Death Magnetic: Injured (-3)

Death Magnetic attacked Riftwarden and missed.

BananaPhone
2015-06-21, 04:56 PM
Cel stopped and stared as still that hairy ****ing **** stayed up and refused to go down. She'd tried tripping her. Nothing. She'd laid into her with the strongest hits she'd had, twice, and all she'd done was tickle her.

Breathing in deep, haggered, hot breathes, her nostrils flaring each time as she stared death-daggers at that ugly cat-thing with all manner of violent fantasies filling her quickly enraging head. Cel's blood ran hot as a deep-seated, angry fury stoked within her chest at how she threw everything she had at this wretched creature when she might as well have just been feather-dusting her, for all the good it did.

Cels hands clenched into tight fists and a heat-wave rose from her collarbone. Her shoulders and traps tightening, the speedster rocketed forward. Eschewing all grace and finesse, Cel was little more than a blur as she collided full-on with Mongoose, shoulder straight into the chest at 64,000 mph as everything in a several-meter radius was flung into the air in a calamitous sonic-boom!

ooc:
Slam attack.

To Hit: 1d20+5=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4820745/)

DC 31 if she hits.

I originally rolled 1d20+14=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4820741/) till I realised that that would get capped because of PL, so the above is my attack roll.

Cel takes half damage: 1d20+5=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4820744/)

No way is she getting knocked out by her own attack while the Mongoose rolls another crit and walks away, so I'm spending my only hero point to do that again.

Extra Effort Retry: 1d20+5=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4820746/)

So that gets +10 added to it, for a total of 24. She takes nothing.

Syless
2015-06-21, 05:14 PM
Riftwalker

Riftwalker shakes her head. "I'll give you one more chance. If you stand down now, it'll probably be a lot less uncomfortable." For dramatic effect, a rift opens beneath the teleporter and deposits her behind the would-be villainess. "Oh, and please don't try that blast again. It'll end rather poorly for you."

Shifting points into Riftwalk 10, Riftguard 10, using Riftguard to redirect Death Magnetic's blast back at her if she uses it.

Deflect- [roll0]

Nintendogeek01
2015-06-23, 07:54 PM
Vampire

The Vampire ducked as the Mongoose leaped over to try and get away, try being the key word, as there was no way she was about to let some blood-thirsty superhuman escape into the streets. The Vampire activated her flight suit and took to the air, lifting off and getting an aerial perspective, then taking aim with her wrist-launcher before firing a volley of bolts at maximum power, most of which seemed to be on target.

"Go take a nap," The Vampire growled as she swooped in closer to her target.

Move Action: Fly after the Mongoose

Standard Action: Used a 5 for 5 power attack with the vampire fangs for a result of 26 over in the dice thread.

Result if Successful: Mongoose must make a DC25 toughness save, DC27 if attack check succeeded by two degrees, DC30 if attack check succeeded by three degrees.

Move-by Action: Get into melee range with Mongoose if possible, or as close to it as possible.

Red_Jenny
2015-06-23, 09:54 PM
Agent X
Charlie Grant
Condition: Staggered, Bruised x2 (-2), Fatigued

Charlie dropped to one knee and took careful aim as Mongoose dashed away. She had no intention of letting this creature get out into the city to raise more hell. She squeezed off three shots, careful not to put a bullet in the back of one of the superheroes. That would be hard to explain away.

Power (+3/-3) Attack vs Mongoose. DC 22 toughness if it hits. [roll0]

Edit: Welp. :smallbiggrin: Make that DC 27 toughness.

Bladecutter
2015-06-24, 06:53 PM
Ashley

Ashley decides to leave the clean-up of Suprsec to the strange rift woman. After all, she has rifts. All Ashley has is the ability to miss with energy spears and ineffectually swat people with trees. I'll go check on that jogger I took the tree off of, then. She winks at the secretary and leaves those two alone to meet up with the jogger. She probably hasn't gone far with that injury and the dog on top of her.

It's a quick fly from where she was to get back to the jogger (the fact that she flew is something she's not going to think about right now). Her head's still pounding, but she's had enough hangovers to at the least be able to apply what knowledge of first aid she has managed to scrape together from all her adventures in the countryside. All those broken bones finally paying off! Maybe she'll be a doctor after all. The way things today have gone, she might get a doctorate in never leaving the apartment again.

Ashley pauses for just a moment to make sure the dog won't attack her or anything silly, and crouches down by the woman's leg. "I'll move you somewhere safe. Let me check the damage." She checks the break to see if it's actually broken or sprained - trees are pretty big, so it's probably the former, but it never hurts to be sure! There's blood and scrapes and it all looks rather painful, but the woman's lucky that this is all she got.

It should heal all ri- she begins to think, just to be interrupted by a hot flash of pain in her head. Her eyes flutter and stars dance in her vision, but the sensation passes almost as quickly as it had appeared. It seems she has just encountered her ability to heal for the first time!