PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Underdark Ideas

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-16, 11:52 AM
Hello everybody. I'm DMing a campaign for a party of 5 that is only somewhat optimized with no true spellcaster. I was hoping to be able to take them into the underdark soon, but I don't know any good adventure modules to run! Does anyone have any recommendations? They just hit level 6 and think they are pretty hot stuff. I'd like to set up a line of modules to run for them over the next couple of years probably. They want to go Epic if possible, so I'd like to be able to take them through a large variety of settings. They are in the Forgotten Realms, but demi-planes and the like are totally welcome.

I have two players who are really new and the other three are used to Greyhawk. So with that in mind, what are some diverse modules I can run for them? I'd like them to have to deal with the underdark and the drow sometime. But they're also hurting for a good old challenging dungeon, something that is a little more than a hack and slash.

Paladin Edit:
I should point out that I am running the D&D 3.5 ruleset.

atemu1234
2015-02-16, 11:57 AM
I'd recommend ToB, if you haven't explicitly done so beforehand.

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-16, 12:02 PM
I'd recommend ToB, if you haven't explicitly done so beforehand.
I did recommend it, but we'll see if it takes.

endur
2015-02-16, 04:07 PM
Underdark adventures. There are some 3e.
The Fane of the Drow is a pretty good 3e module/set of battle maps.
3e City of the Spider Queen (FR mega module, ok, not great).
Pathfinder Second Darkness better than COSQ

Translations of previous editions:
Conversions of 1e D1-D3Q1
Menzoberanzan conversions
Vault of the Drow conversions
etc.

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-16, 04:47 PM
Underdark adventures. There are some 3e.
The Fane of the Drow is a pretty good 3e module/set of battle maps.
3e City of the Spider Queen (FR mega module, ok, not great).
Pathfinder Second Darkness better than COSQ

Translations of previous editions:
Conversions of 1e D1-D3Q1
Menzoberanzan conversions
Vault of the Drow conversions
etc.
Thank you. I'll look them up. I really want to give my players the true blue Forgotten Realms experience.

endur
2015-02-16, 07:28 PM
Thank you. I'll look them up. I really want to give my players the true blue Forgotten Realms experience.

For your current level, I highly recommend Fane of the Drow, although you might have to make some slight modifications to monster EL.