PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about feats

JonIrenicus
2015-02-16, 01:05 PM
I maybe be dumb and can't read good, but does the handbook list whether or not you can swap out feats, like retraining in 4e? if i don't think a feat i chose was as good as i thought, could i swap it out when i level for something else? or is really all up to DM?

Drazik
2015-02-16, 01:13 PM
By the book there is no way
It's up to dm, as you said

Gritmonger
2015-02-16, 01:14 PM
I maybe be dumb and can't read good, but does the handbook list whether or not you can swap out feats, like retraining in 4e? if i don't think a feat i chose was as good as i thought, could i swap it out when i level for something else? or is really all up to DM?

Eh, I've had a player swap archetypes when he wasn't sure he liked the one he picked - mind you, this was just after he'd picked, and hadn't gone more than a session or two in the archetype.

So I don't think there are rules for it, but it's another "ask the GM."

For this particular player, he was swapping from one archetype to the same one as his patron, so it wasn't much of a stretch for him swapping. If your GM is a bit reticent, come up with some in-game reasons why this might happen, or might be possible; it can make it more palatable and fit with the story better.

asorel
2015-02-16, 01:19 PM
RAW, you can't swap out feats. As others have said, it's something you should bring up with your DM. As feats are technically optional rules, I would think that they would be more open to house modifications, if your group is hesitant to deviate from RAW.

JonIrenicus
2015-02-16, 01:43 PM
ok thanks for the info guys!

CrusaderJoe
2015-02-16, 01:47 PM
If you are playing Adventure League you can retrain a level of your character each time you level up until you hit level 6... Or something like that.

So if you grabbed a feat at level 4 you could then switch it out at level 5.