PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Character Creation Thread: Kingdom Hearts

PsyBomb
2015-02-16, 07:37 PM
Hello, Playground!

So, a PbP I was running collapsed after a little over a year. The game setting was Kingdom Hearts, and a great time was had by all. I'm going to put up what the build rules were, along with summaries of the players and NPC builds. Why am I doing this? Because I'm curious what YOU bunch will come up with having seen it!

Build rules:
15-PB
If using a character not easily represented by an existing race, up to 15 RP allowed if used thematically.
Level 6
Sources: All Paizo, all DSP, all Radiance House. Includes playtest.
No infinite loops.
You are allowed to make ANY Good or Neutral character from any Disney or Square property (yes, this is a LOT to choose from). Please, no main characters (Sora/Terra/Goofy/etc are off, but bringing back an assistant character like Jack Skellington is fine, need not be built like in the console games).

I am willing to houserule and refluff to make a concept viable, but this is a last resort. My example (when the game began at level 3) was rearranging Druid abilities to make Simba possible early via Wild Shape.

Characters and known NPCs with how they were built:

Party:
Jack Skellington (Dread, Fear in Flesh archetype. Bought Zero as a lapdog, free incorporeal for giggles)
Rapunzel (White-Hair Witch, Pascal was her familiar. Couple of custom hexes to let her use it better)
Elsa (Sorceress, used a hybrid of the two Cold bloodlines and given free Spell Thematics. Her Invisible Servant was quite visible, it was Olaf)
Vincent Valentine (Marksman, Kaigun archetype. Used the RP to have a claw, and 1/day alter self into Chaos)
Oswald, the Lucky Rabbit (Bard, focusing on Perform (Comedy) to buff allies)
The Living Will (Our Keyblade Wielder, Aegis/Soulknife (Pathwalker), used Powerful Build plus a 2-hander for impressive results)

Enemies:
Kixan, Nobody of Kain Highwind (Zweihander Sentinel Warder, with Black Seraph)
Naxsib, Nobody of Sabin (Straight Brawler, lots of Grapple tricks. Yes, he Suplexed a player)
Xeckimy, Nobody of Mickey Mouse (Highly optimized Soulblade (Gifted Blade))
Final boss was going to be Ultimecia, but that was a long way off

Other notable applicants (that didn't quite make it into the party) included Captain America (Shield brawler), Pocahontas (Druid), Phineas and Ferb (as one player, Synthesist Summoner fluffed as tech), and Yoda (Gifted Blade Soulblade).

So, what are YOUR ideas? I don't mind seeing a different take on one that was done (for example, I would have built Elsa as a Wilder).