PDA

View Full Version : A slightly diferent place.

Moral Wiz
2007-04-06, 04:19 PM
Past the veil

Past the watchers in shadow

Past the mist

Something... odd. Somthing missing.

You have walked this road for so long. It has been many weeks now since you and your companions left your village, to smiling faces. You were all eager to go however. After all, who dosen't dream, to some degree of adventure?

Now though, your excitement has begun to fade. Somthing is very wrong here. The young arcanist, Nathen who accompanies you looks uneasy. Even you can feal that there is somthing wrong here. Somthing in the air. You suspect Nathen is starting to have some idea of what it is, but if so, He's keeping it to himself.

You eventually find some higher ground (odd terain this. Almost like we're at the base of a mountain) and pitch camp. You are given first watch, in the hope that your somewhat sharper eyes might be some defence against whatever might be lurking out there.

Not much need of that, you think to yourself. Between the forest below, and all the loose stone above, anything daft enough to attack the camp is going to give itself away soon enough, mist or no.

That... was not quite right, friend

About 35 minuits into the watch, just as you were sure that there was nothing out there, and started playing with your deck of cards, someone emerged from the forest. You just had time to glimpse the figure, perfectly camoflaged, in shades of grey bordering on dark green) before it was on you.

A single cut was all the stranger needed. Leaving you laying on the floor, desperetly trying to scream (But you couldn't. No air would come. A jab to the windpipe, on his part saw to that) the dark stranger starts looking around your camp. Although he does not appear to be making any effort to conceal himself, it takes some focus on your part to keep track of him. Looking in at your sleeping companions (You try desperatly to make a noise, anything atall.) the stranger looks slightly suprised. Then, with a few quick rolls that would put a master acrobat to shame, he is back at your side.

Without a word he passes you, jumping from the elevation of your camp, to the trees below, with such agility..

Within all your thaughts, and thrugh the pain, one question surfaces

How, by the gods, can a Dwarf, such as he, move with such agility and skill.

Even through bloodshot eyes, you saw it. This was no result of training, that Dwarf was... diferent somehow.

Where are we?

Sorry for the long intro. I'll try to live up to it. Anyway, this is the first post in a series. For sometime now, I and a friend of mine have been working on a large supliment, a Gazeter of a new land...

Yes, I know what your thinking. "Whoop de diddle do. Yet another campaign setting." I can't really blame you for thinking like that.

Thing is, this is designed to be used with any campaign setting, and I mean. With. You won't have to go arround changing things just because of your homebrew being slightly diferent from someone else's.

I'm afraid it does favor a perticular campaign setting that is alredy on the market,(and will make reference to it's rules) but these will be optional as well as clearly marked as such. This is entierly self contained. Nothing other that this free download will be nessecary

Well then, on to my reson for posting. Vis, race stats. We've played around a bit with the races, (And the classes, and the monsters, but perticually the races) So i'm Putting them up here, In the hope that you kind people will evaluate them on our behalf.

Dwarf

Our Dwarfs are diferent (as you may have guessed) True, they still live underground and still hold to a clan structure but that is where the similarities end. Our Dwarfs care little for stonework, Honorable fighting or herroics (they have but one word for Hero, honourable and fool) They prefer... subtalties. No good and kind warrior people, this.

+2 Dexterity, -3 Constitution.
Medium: As Medium creatures, dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Dwarf base land speed is 40 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).

Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and
white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.

Echo ear: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Spot and listen tricks to locate someonein an enclosed enviroment, along with the Dwarf. Note that this does not nessecarily mean an interior, but the area must have some sort of boundries (so a dark allyway/ dense jungle is OK, main streats/open plains are not.

Well Trained: All exotic weapons are now treated as martial weapons

+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.

Stealthy:Hide and Move Silently are always Class Skills, plus gain a +1 racial bonus to each

Automatic Languages: Common, Dwarven, Sign (Dwarf). Bonus Languages: Any.

Favored Class: Ninja (Rogue) . A multiclass dwarf’s Ninja (Rogue)class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing

Moral Wiz
2007-04-22, 03:12 PM
OK, thread Necromancy time, ladies and gents. I really want to hear your views on this race, as this is a first time creating homebrew stuff for me.