PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Ooze, sorcerer bloodline.

Rfkannen
2015-02-16, 11:01 PM
There are many diffrent origins of the ooze-blooded. Some are the descendants of humans and oozes (don't judge) Some are the result of magical experimentation, however what all oozblooded share is there magical abilities and there maneuverability of form.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/polls/886000/886820_1322099898361_full.png

Sticky flesh
Starting when you choose this origin at 1st level, your ooze bloodline begins to manifest in your baility to stick to objects, your climb speed increases by 10 feet,, if you do not have a climb speed your climb speed becomes 10, you no longer have to roll to climb surfaces.. At level 6 this increases to 15, and at 14 this increases to 20.

Stretchy
Starting when you choose this bloodline, you begin gaining the ability to manipulate your biology, you can move through through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without. squeezing.

Shapeshifter.
Starting at 6th lvel, your easy to manipulate flesh has begun to become completely under your control. You gain an ability at whill which is much like alter self, except you may be one size smaller or larger. ALso, should you take damage it becomes clear of your ooze nature. You may also use this ability to take the appearance, but not the abilities, of any kind of ooze.

Ooze like body
Starting at level 14. You can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check. You gain blindsense 60. You also can the baility to corode metal, when a weapon hits you, you make take your opertunity attack to corode it, giveing it a permanent and cumulative -1 penalty to damage rolls. Should this drop to -5 the weapon is destroyed, arrows and amunition is instantly destroyed, note that this does not work on magical or enchanted items. You can also eat through 2 inch thick nonmagical metal in a round.

Split
Staring at 18th level, At will on your turn or when you take damage you may choose to split in two. When you do so you split into two coppies of yourself each with half of your hitpoints, and you choose whether one takes all the damage or each takes half. Bolth bodies are one size category smaller You are in complete controll of bolth haves, however they are each only half as powerful. The way it works is that you have the same amount of actions and movement, thus only 1 can attack per turn, and you can still only cast one spell that takes a whole action. But, for example, you could cast a spell from one, and then cast a spell from the other that takes a bonus action. When one dies, the other regains it's hitpoints and size in 1d6 days. Also you can only go one size catagory smaller, you can not do this multiple times at once. You type changes to ooze, though you may be counted as humanoid for whatever purposes you may wish.

Leuku
2015-02-16, 11:49 PM
Sticky flesh
Starting when you choose this origin at 1st level, your ooze bloodline begins to manifest in your baility to stick to objects, your climb speed increases by 10 feet. At level 6 this increases to 15, and at 14 this increases to 20.

People don't normally have a climb speed. Normally PCs make an Athletics check to climb a thing, and if they succeed the DC, they can climb half their speed. I recommend making this 1st level feature something like: Starting when you choose this origin at 1st level, you no longer need to make a check to climb a surface. At 6th level, you can move up to your speed rather than half your speed when you climb.

I would forget the 14th level boost.

Stretchy
Starting when you choose this bloodline, you begin gaining the ability to manipulate your biology, you can move through through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without. squeezing.

That is... really stretchy. How long does it take to do it? Does it require any kind of action? Being able to move at a closed door at full speed and instantly squish underneath and through the space at the bottom of the door without losing speed may be a bit much.

Shapeshifter.
Starting at 6th lvel, your easy to manipulate flesh has begun to become completely under your control. You gain an ability at whill which is much like alter self, except you may be one size smaller or larger. ALso, should you take damage it becomes clear of your ooze nature. You may also use this ability to take the appearance, but not the abilities, of any kind of ooze.

Interesting. How about also: Once between short rests, when you are hit by a weapon attack, you can transform in to ooze at the moment of impact to take half damage.

Ooze like body
Starting at level 14. You can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check. You gain blindsense 60. You also can the baility to corode metal, when a weapon hits you, you make take your opertunity attack to corode it, giveing it a permanent and cumulative -1 penalty to damage rolls. Should this drop to -5 the weapon is destroyed, arrows and amunition is instantly destroyed, note that this does not work on magical or enchanted items. You can also eat through 2 inch thick nonmagical metal in a round.

I recommend against any kind of small, incremental penalty; it's against the design philosophy of 5e, which has largely done away with small incremental bonus stackers. The fact that you get Blindsense is already huge; you could stop there.

Split
Staring at 18th level, When you take slashing or lightning damage you may choose to split in two. When you do so you split into two coppies of yourself each with half of your hitpoints. Bolth bodies are one size category smaller You are in complete controll of bolth haves, however they are each only half as powerful. The way it works is that you have the same amount of actions and movement, thus only 1 can attack per turn, and you can still only cast one spell that takes a whole action. But, for example, you could cast a spell from one, and then cast a spell from the other that takes a bonus action. When one dies, the other regains it's hitpoints and size in 1d6 days. Also you can only go one size catagory smaller, you can not do this multiple times at once. You type changes to ooze, though you may be counted as humanoid for whatever purposes you may wish.

Fun. But limiting it to Slashing and Lightning may be a bit lame. It's entirely possible an entire campaign could go without those two damage types. I would just change it to when taking any damage, you can split in to two as a reaction, taking half damage instead and then splitting in two. And you can only split like this once between long rests, even if you manage to recombine with your other half later in the same day.

Rfkannen
2015-02-17, 07:29 AM
People don't normally have a climb speed. Normally PCs make an Athletics check to climb a thing, and if they succeed the DC, they can climb half their speed. I recommend making this 1st level feature something like: Starting when you choose this origin at 1st level, you no longer need to make a check to climb a surface. At 6th level, you can move up to your speed rather than half your speed when you climb.

I would forget the 14th level boost.

That is... really stretchy. How long does it take to do it? Does it require any kind of action? Being able to move at a closed door at full speed and instantly squish underneath and through the space at the bottom of the door without losing speed may be a bit much.

Interesting. How about also: Once between short rests, when you are hit by a weapon attack, you can transform in to ooze at the moment of impact to take half damage.

I recommend against any kind of small, incremental penalty; it's against the design philosophy of 5e, which has largely done away with small incremental bonus stackers. The fact that you get Blindsense is already huge; you could stop there.

Fun. But limiting it to Slashing and Lightning may be a bit lame. It's entirely possible an entire campaign could go without those two damage types. I would just change it to when taking any damage, you can split in to two as a reaction, taking half damage instead and then splitting in two. And you can only split like this once between long rests, even if you manage to recombine with your other half later in the same day.

Sounds good, I bassicaly just copied ooze abilities and made them players abilties, good eye. However, if someone does somehow have a climb speed, like an awakened monkey, I want them to benifit.

you would forget the 14th level boost?

It is realy strecghtm to strechy though? I again copied the ooze, do you think I should limit speed?

Good idea on half damage

I copied that directly because to me it is a major part of 2 oozes, how would you redo it?

I once again borowed hte lightning and slashing from oozes, in hindsight it makes sense but is kind of boreing. Ill probably make those changes.