PDA

View Full Version : My World More Planes in my Multiverse

JamesIntrocaso
2015-02-17, 09:20 AM
I wanted to add a few planes to The Great Wheel in my 5e D&D game so I came up with these. I'd love some feedback and if anyone else has ever created a new plane of existence, share it here!

http://worldbuilderblog.me/2015/02/17/planes-update/

ReturnOfTheKing
2015-02-17, 02:36 PM
Personally, I've found that pretty much all the cosmologies seem to be missing something. I'm not sure what it is, but they just feel small and enclosed. Maybe it's the fact that pretty much nothing is implied to exist beyond the planes, perhaps it's the fact that all the cosmologies in all the worlds are kind of the same, but they just all feel really tight and enclosed. It makes me feel... claustrophobic. (Shivers)

That said, I really like what you've come up with here. The Blood Fields are a definite winner in my book, though a really cruel DM could definitely have some fun flinging their heroes into the Cage, or better yet, Murderfall. :smallbiggrin:

JamesIntrocaso
2015-02-17, 03:00 PM
Personally, I've found that pretty much all the cosmologies seem to be missing something. I'm not sure what it is, but they just feel small and enclosed. Maybe it's the fact that pretty much nothing is implied to exist beyond the planes, perhaps it's the fact that all the cosmologies in all the worlds are kind of the same, but they just all feel really tight and enclosed. It makes me feel... claustrophobic. (Shivers)

That said, I really like what you've come up with here. The Blood Fields are a definite winner in my book, though a really cruel DM could definitely have some fun flinging their heroes into the Cage, or better yet, Murderfall. :smallbiggrin:

I feel totally the opposite. This many planes must mean their could easily be more... and so many of the planes (like the Abyss) are infinite! Infinite possibilities on infinite space on infinite planes! To me it's not claustrophobic... it's overwhelming!

Thanks for the feedback.

Mr.Cobalt
2015-02-17, 07:12 PM
Could alternate histories based on huge world-shaking events turning out differently count as their own planes?

JamesIntrocaso
2015-02-17, 07:56 PM
Could alternate histories based on huge world-shaking events turning out differently count as their own planes?

Sure... an alternate histories can occur on other planes of existence.

Dr_Dinosaur
2015-03-09, 09:48 PM

Sure! Why do you think it's called the 'Prime' Material?