PDA

View Full Version : Help with natural attacks

jlousivy
2007-04-06, 05:44 PM
Alright, so in a game I'm playing in (lvl 12-13 party)
my DM has put us up against a lvl 15ish fighter + ??? spellcaster + a Mature Adult Red Dragon.
we were able to escape, but the there is definitely a battle coming up. We are fully rested and I (lvl 12 wizard) have been able to aquire a scroll of gate(CL 17). Since my DM rules how I can't summon anything I've never seen before save very known things such as dragons i'm sort of limited to them as nothing we've seen has any potential for helping us at the moment)

So I'm planning on summoning in a Very Old Gold Dragon to combat the red dragon. That being said... I'm clueless to when it comes to natural attacks or using dragons altogether.

So if someone would please tell me what a full-attack action (+to hit and damage) for such a dragon and other things that I should have him be able to do.

Kel_Arath
2007-04-06, 05:52 PM
[Scrubbed]

PinkysBrain
2007-04-06, 06:21 PM
You can only gate extraplanar creatures, I doubt you know any types of dragons who don't live on the material plane.

What you can do is planeshift, gate in one of your opponents ... and kill him (you have his absolute obedience for 17 rounds). Ahh the wonders of gate.

Yuki Akuma
2007-04-06, 06:22 PM
You can only gate extraplanar creatures, I doubt you know any types of dragons who don't live on the material plane.

Celestial dragons. Fiendish dragons. Axiomatic dragons. Anarchic dragons. Psuedonatural dragons.

PinkysBrain
2007-04-06, 06:23 PM
Celestial dragons. Fiendish dragons. Axiomatic dragons. Anarchic dragons. Psuedonatural dragons.With "you" I meant his character. His DM seems to be rather tight on what he will allow to be gated in.

SMDVogrin
2007-04-06, 06:31 PM
So I'm planning on summoning in a Very Old Gold Dragon to combat the red dragon. That being said... I'm clueless to when it comes to natural attacks or using dragons altogether.

So if someone would please tell me what a full-attack action (+to hit and damage) for such a dragon and other things that I should have him be able to do.

Gold Dragon:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/dragonTrue.htm#goldDragon
(see the top of the page for Dragon qualities such as natural attacks and special abilities)

Gargantuan dragon, Str bonus: +15, BAB: +32

Full attack with natural weapons: 1 bite +43 (4d6+15), 2 claws +38 (2d8+7), 2 wings +38 (2d6+7), 1 tail slap +38 (2d8+22)

It can also Crush or Tail Sweep smaller opponents, or use it's Breath Weapon (although it's cone of fire is useless against the Red, it can still use weakening gas for 9pts of Str damage).

And of course, don't forget it casts as a 13th lvl Sorcerer (and can cast Cleric spells, too).
"In combat, they employ bless and their luck bonus; older dragons use their luck bonus at the start of each day. They make heavy use of spells in combat. Among their favorites are cloudkill, delayed blast fireball, fire shield, globe of invulnerability, maze, sleep, slow, and stinking cloud."

the_tick_rules
2007-04-06, 08:55 PM

Dragons can live on other planes. Who says gold or red dragons, who are immune to fire, don't hang out on the plane of fire.

jlousivy
2007-04-06, 09:46 PM
Thank you :-) i just didn't really know the rules for secondary natural attacks on if they were at all -5 or at -5 per attack.

PinkysBrain
2007-04-06, 10:01 PM
Dragons can live on other planes. Who says gold or red dragons, who are immune to fire, don't hang out on the plane of fire.
They can live anywhere they want, but normal dragons are native to the material plane. You can not gate a normal dragon while on the material plane.