PDA

View Full Version : Ways to Increase Duration of Rage

Morof Stonehands
2015-02-17, 12:15 PM
Aside from boosting Constitution and the feat Extend Rage, is there any other way to increase the duration of your rage?

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-02-17, 12:45 PM
Become immune to fatigue and exhaustion so you can just restart your rage, maybe.

Tohsaka Rin
2015-02-17, 12:54 PM
You can only rage once per encounter.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-02-17, 12:59 PM
You can only rage once per encounter.

Huh. I stand corrected.

Tohsaka Rin
2015-02-17, 01:10 PM
Don't feel bad, I had to look it up.

Rage potions, on the other hand, seem to have no such limitations.

Not as good as the Barbarian's rage (as there's no scaling), but it should still allow you to use any rage-based feats.

Morof Stonehands
2015-02-17, 01:54 PM
What about the actual rounds of duration? Are there other feats that add to rounds or spells that double duration, etc. ?

Troacctid
2015-02-17, 02:18 PM
There are lots of things that can do so by increasing your Con. For example, three levels of Human Paragon gives you +2 Con and Extend Rage as a bonus feat.

You could also use the PHB2 variant that makes you rage when your HP is low. Doesn't that last until you heal back above the threshold? I'm AFB right now and I don't recall.

Is there a reason why Con increases and Extend Rage aren't an option?

Flickerdart
2015-02-17, 02:26 PM
You could also use the PHB2 variant that makes you rage when your HP is low. Doesn't that last until you heal back above the threshold? I'm AFB right now and I don't recall.
Yes, Berserker Rage is what it's called IIRC. It's pretty exploitable - if you build a character who always has HP less than 5/level, he will be constantly raging, and if raging puts him above 5/level he will stop raging (and then start raging again) in an infinite rage cycle that can repeatedly trigger a bunch of things.

I read it as the OP already knowing about these obvious ways, and looking for more options to make the rage last even longer.

Morof Stonehands
2015-02-17, 02:29 PM
There are lots of things that can do so by increasing your Con. For example, three levels of Human Paragon gives you +2 Con and Extend Rage as a bonus feat.

They most certainly are an option! I'm thinking about using the Primal Rager PrC (Dragon 295), whose 1st level ability lets you sacrifice X rounds of rage for +X Str and Con (does not in turn add to rage duration).

So the higher I can get the rounds the better. I was just curious to see if there was anything other than those two options.

endur
2015-02-17, 03:43 PM
Aside from boosting Constitution and the feat Extend Rage, is there any other way to increase the duration of your rage?

Are combats lasting longer than your rage duration? Or are you trying to pack multiple fights into a single use of rage?

Flickerdart
2015-02-17, 04:09 PM
Are combats lasting longer than your rage duration? Or are you trying to pack multiple fights into a single use of rage?
Fortunately, it has not been left up to us to wonder, as the OP explains himself directly above your post:

They most certainly are an option! I'm thinking about using the Primal Rager PrC (Dragon 295), whose 1st level ability lets you sacrifice X rounds of rage for +X Str and Con (does not in turn add to rage duration).

ShurikVch
2015-02-17, 04:37 PM
Firestorm Berserker PrC (Dr#314) allow you to extend duration of rage by burning your Con
Bind the Naberius, and you will get DMM:Persist for Rage
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1345530046/gallery_55261_5223_335860.png

dextercorvia
2015-02-17, 11:19 PM
Antropomophic Badger (SS) gets a Rage ability that triggers whenever he is damaged. It doesn't go away until either he or the damage source is dead. Since you have free will, you can just stab yourself with a needle, then rage forever. Watch out for Calm Emotions spells.

Madhava
2015-02-17, 11:42 PM
The brash weapon property from MIC.

If you enter a rage while wielding a brash weapon, the rage lasts for an extra 3 rounds. Also, it makes you immune to fear while raging, which is seldom a bad thing; I can't imagine there are many Barbarians who feat craven (but it sure sounds funny).

The time hop power could also accomplish this, sort of. Although sending your Barbarian into the future is probably not your goal.

Flickerdart
2015-02-17, 11:48 PM
I can't imagine there are many Barbarians who feat craven (but it sure sounds funny).
A coward who can only stand to face battle when in a deep berserker rage? I like it.