PDA

View Full Version : Bobtown saga [IC]

Archonic Energy
2015-02-17, 01:15 PM
a thread for the players of the Bobtown game started in the UKitp Meet

Scene: you have moved the book outside the radius of the current null magic zone. and set up your base of operation there.
it has been 2 days since your meeting with Bob.

NPCs present
dep mayor
Ex mage guild head

don't rush, guys this is the bit between adventures that you can plan what to do before our bi-annual sessions

Current statuses:

Sgt. Cookie
2015-02-26, 05:40 AM
((OOC: Eh, a day later than I'd intended. Sorry 'bout that.))

"After all that has happened, I must say my memory is a little shaky. What is it we know about the book, exactly?"
Crossing arms, the goliath warily turns towards the book.

Archonic Energy
2015-02-26, 10:18 AM
the former head of the Magic users guild interjects,
"Well since I haven't learned to read draconic since you unlocked it perhaps the two of you can explain what you have found in it."
he points at the Deva.
Speaking of things we don't know, you still haven't told anyone where you got the key or the seal from.
the Deputy mayor says Gruffly.

Mercenary Pen
2015-02-26, 11:14 AM
"Well, there are a few things of interest within the book" announces Brandis, the half-elf sorcerer running his hand through his auburn hair.

"Firstly, we have a name for this absence of magic- the spellblight. I know not how much use the name itself shall be, but with it also comes a warning about forces likely to take advantage of the situation- with reference to goblinkind and to the giants- and more generally to other creatures whose strength is in numbers rather than in arcane might."

"We are also advised to avoid dragons, since they will likely take exception to what we must undertake. The name Fraxxxixxi is mentioned in particular- since if she still lives, she likely holds a grudge. There is also, on page three, a personal message to someone called Llydia- though I have no idea whether that will be of any relevance- after all, you know these bookish wizard types, they do tend to get side-tracked from the matter at hand by anything that fascinates them- sort of like the arcane equivalent of magpie in that regard..."

Archonic Energy
2015-02-26, 03:29 PM
"A name is of little use. I could call it Magic-Plague or Wizard-Bane it won't do anything"

KuReshtin
2015-02-26, 04:23 PM
Gamal, the Deva Warlock walks around the room casually, listening intently on everyone in the room.

"Obviusly, having had an imprisoned dragon within the city limits to sustain the magic field and keep the spellblight under control will have annoyed the dragons, especially the brood mother of the captured dragon. My guess is that the brood mother in this case could well be this Fraxxixxi mentioned in the book.
I admit that I have not heard of her before, but if she is still out there, and hears that one of her brood was captured, there is a strong possibility that she will come for her revenge.

Personally, I'm still baffled by the ineptness of the adventuring group that slew the dragon that was held captive in the dungeon without trying to find out some background first. I mean, the dragon was shackled. It was obviously not a danger, so why kill it?
Amateurs."

Mercenary Pen
2015-02-26, 04:53 PM
"A name is of little use. I could call it Magic-Plague or Wizard-Bane it won't do anything"

"Perhaps so, unless there is an instance in which this same set of circumstances has taken place elsewhere- at which point there might be records of how they solved the problem- or failed to solve the problem as the case may be, in either outcome, if we were to find notes on what had been done, to what effect, they would be informative. Besides, what you as deputy mayor would name a problem such as this would mean nothing, but the name given by a master of high magics would likely be more carefully chosen- describing the way in which the problem grows and spreads in much the same way as a master swordsman would be more precise in his description of a particular flourish of the blade."

Archonic Energy
2015-02-26, 05:27 PM
I would concur. Blight is typically caused by fungi and flora rather than caused by other magics, it sounds like it may be a naturally occurring event. and I wager spell has something to do with how it affects arcane casters but not the divine... as much. there are some in the divine guild who are having trouble communicating with their deity
he turns to the Deva
it was the old mayor that commissioned the last set of adventures, perhaps he could help with that... if he could be found
then glares at the Deputy Mayor

KuReshtin
2015-03-03, 03:29 PM
Gamal turns to the deputy mayor with a quizzical look:

Is there something we should know about the previous mayor and the way in which he disappeared?
Are you holding anything back about his whereabouts? I would advise you that now would be a very good time to tell us all you know about his departure and the events that led up to it.

Archonic Energy
2015-03-03, 03:39 PM
the Deputy sighs. look all I can tell you is he had 2 terms and half way through this term he vanished. just after we stopped hosting the yearly tournaments. which is how those adventures were found.
not that it matters. now we have our new "mayor"