PDA

View Full Version : Buying Scrolls, Potions, Minor Magic Items?

Dralnu
2015-02-17, 05:00 PM
I'm looking through my DMG/PHB and can't find any guidelines for it. I know that not having prices for magic items is intentional, but they do have a price for healing potions, so maybe there's a price for level 1 spell potions/scrolls? A variant or something?

Jeraa
2015-02-17, 05:09 PM
I'm looking through my DMG/PHB and can't find any guidelines for it. I know that not having prices for magic items is intentional, but they do have a price for healing potions, so maybe there's a price for level 1 spell potions/scrolls? A variant or something?

Nope. No set prices for anything else. Closest you get is a small table on Dungeon Master's Guide page 135 that gives a suggested range of values for a magic item based on rarity, with the note that consumable items are usually priced at half that of a non-consumable item.

hawklost
2015-02-17, 05:11 PM
There is also a page in the PHB about hiring spellcasters and the cost for them to cast those spells. You could combine that with the cost of the special inks to make a scroll (add some more value because they can) and charge that for Scrolls at least