PDA

View Full Version : The Booze hammer: Help with a fun idea

3van3
2015-02-18, 12:25 AM
Hello, all, noobie here. I have had an idea but I would appreciate some feedback on this. Here's the rundown on what is going on:

PC info: Name: Odio Barbarian/fighter/Holy Liberator who has changed alignments from CE to CG in a relatively short amount of time due to the purifying that was required to rid his soul of the goddess's presence.

The last thing that happened in the DM world is that my character's soul was stolen by an evil goddess, they got my soul back from the evil goddess, and I cracked open a barrel of whiskey I had stowed away, which due to the time travel may or may not have been hundreds of years old. Anyways, we started to drink and be merry about defeating the goddess, then the DM rewarded us with an awesome party that, due to our awesome (and too infrequent) roleplaying, turned into a grand party that pretty much included the entire kingdom and two deities, one of which was Olidamarra himself!

Now here's where my idea comes in. After this party, we all wake up with various gifts from who I presume to be
Oli D. My gift was a magical, that barrel of whiskey which is now never ending. I plan on making a holy relic out of that endless barrel of whiskey since hundreds of people, and possibly at least one god dipped into that thing that night. I want to make a hammer out of it, or perhaps some kind of other holy relic. This is all up to the DM of course, but he's usually all for unique ideas since the party doesn't do many unique things to make the game fun.

I was thinking of going the weapon of legacy route, but I do not like how it feels. My best bet is DM flair, but in order to make this happen I have to do some crazy things with that barrel and give him some fun ideas for it as well.

I'm looking for ideas that make the game more dynamic and fun, without making it too broken, plus gives the DM something in return to have fun with. So any outrageous ideas on what I can use that barrel for, any ideas as to what to call this thing (the punnier the better), or ideas as to what the finished item can do would be awesome. Thanks!

The Viscount
2015-02-19, 10:41 PM
Off the top of my head, if the whiskey is potent enough one might use it as impromptu flasks of alchemist's fire.

If anybody in your party goes the drunken master route, it'd be fantastic.

It might be able to produce a Whiskey elemental (using stats for water elemental) some small number of times per day.

It might be able to produce potions of Tasha's Hideous Laughter or Otto's Irresistible Dance.

BowStreetRunner
2015-02-19, 10:56 PM
Maul of the Titanic Hangover
This mallet is actually a barrel of whiskey mounted on the end of a long pole. If used as a weapon, it is the equivalent of a greatclub. Each successful hit not only does normal weapon damage, but the target is affected as if having imbibed one drink of whiskey.

Blackhawk748
2015-02-19, 11:06 PM
Maul of the Titanic Hangover
This mallet is actually a barrel of whiskey mounted on the end of a long pole. If used as a weapon, it is the equivalent of a greatclub. Each successful hit not only does normal weapon damage, but the target is affected as if having imbibed one drink of whiskey.

I like this one, thats A LOT of Fort saves to make. Combine with the above suggestion to summon "Whiskey" Elementals a few times a day and you have a Unique and Fun weapon. Also i believe that it is Complete Divine that has Relics in it, so you could look at some of those for an idea.

MrSinister
2015-02-20, 11:39 AM
Can a weapon be an item familiar? Use it to jack up your Diplomacy checks... here, have another drink and let's talk about it like gentlemen...

Nibbens
2015-02-20, 02:05 PM
So, this (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/advancedGear.html#battle-aspergillum)is a thing if you're using PF.

And also, this (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateEquipment/magicArmsAndArmor/specificMagicWeapons.html#everflowing-aspergillum) could be a good starting point of a giant hammer of whiskey dispensing that counts as holy water as well, etc etc.

Fyi - the battle aspergillum is a simple weapon that does 1d6 damage - but I think a barrel of whiskey would be more akin to a Earthbreaker (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateEquipment/armsAndArmor/weapons.html#earth-breaker)(Again PF) which is a martial weapon dealing 2d6 damage.

So, my thoughts would be a weapon using a Earthbreaker stats, with the special ability of a regular battle aspergillum, but magical so it functions as an everflowing aspergillum. The whiskey dispensed counts as blessed Alcohol and as Holy Water (both have special effects in the D&D world). And I really liked the ability to summon water elementals (refluffed as whiskey elementals (which is cool as f*** btw)) so many times per day, etc etc. Maybe tack on some bonuses to whatever skill the god who blessed the weapon favors equal to the weapon enhancement bonus or something.

3van3
2015-02-23, 02:58 PM
Ha! I love it! Thanks guys. Unfortunately the DM has told me that this thing-- which I originally thought was a normal-sized barrel-- is actually a barrel of whiskey that is about 6 feet tall and approximately 400 pounds :smallannoyed:... I've been carrying this thing around on me somehow but he hasn't specified how that worked. I'll try to talk to him some more to convince him to at least make it a sane size. I would love to use the Whiskey elemental idea!

Worse thing comes to worse I'll see if I can somehow get it enchanted with sizing so I can switch between massive barrel of whiskey and something along the lines of a half keg. I'd at least like to be able to make it a lesser form of a Bowl of Commanding "Water" Elementals... besides, we have a pair of drunken sorcerers in our campaign who might be able to do something like that!

BowStreetRunner
2015-02-23, 05:25 PM
I've been carrying this thing around on me somehow but he hasn't specified how that worked.

I have this mental picture of Obelix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obelix) but with a giant whiskey barrel. :smallbiggrin: