PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Righteous: The Worldwound Incursion (Benson) IC

Pages : [1] 2

Benson
2015-02-18, 03:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/22OjoG5.png

For several weeks, excitement has been building in Kenabres—Armasse was coming! Traditionally an opportunity for scholars and priests to come together to study the lessons of history from wars past, since Aroden’s death, this holy day has become more about training commoners in weaponry, choosing squires, and ordaining new priests. Over time, Armasse has grown to encompass jousting competitions, mock duels, battle reenactments, and other festival events. In Kenabres, the festival is eagerly anticipated, for it provides distractions from the horrors of being on the front line of the war.
Smiles on faces normally marred by downcast eyes and furrowed brows do wonders for city morale in the weeks leading up to the event.

Armasse is a citywide celebration, but the majority of the event, including its jousting matches and other entertainments, takes place at Clydwell Plaza, just west of the cathedral. Tis here where the tale begins..with our aspiring heroes in attendance lucky enough to get good spots to observe the opening ceremonies at noon...
-------~

16 Arodus

Armasse officially began at noon, with the blessing of the festival by Lord Hulrun himself, ruler of Kenabres. The crowd gathered in Clydwell Plaza quieted as the aged inquisitor took the stage, clad in shining, resplendent armor. He cleared his throat, but just as he was about to speak, a bright light shone from the west, as if the sun were rising from the wrong direction. Hulrun’s shadow fell huge and distorted across the cathedral’s facade. A moment later, the sound of a thunderous explosion ripped through the air and earth, along with a violent tremor.

To the west, the fortress known as the Kite—the location of Kenabres’s wardstone—had vanished. In its place, a brilliant plume of red fire, lightning, and smoke erupted into the heavens. A moment later, a powerful roar accompanied a welcome sight rising from the crowd—Kenabres’s greatest guardian, the ancient silver dragon Terendelev, who had until that moment been attending the opening ceremony disguised as a human.

Above, another form appeared, as nightmarish as the dragon was breathtaking. A humanoid shape three times the size of any man, with skin coated in fire and lightning, gripped a flaming sword and whip. The creature’s identity was immediately obvious: Khorramzadeh, the Storm King of the Worldwound, had come to Kenabres!

As the ground continued to shake and disgorge demons into the streets, the dragon and the balor lord clashed above. The fight was over in a few harrowing moments, as the balor cut deep into Terendelev’s body, swooping down to strike the dragon and arresting her charge. A few more blows, and the titanic duo spiraled downward toward the crowd.

http://i.imgur.com/RjMhdhn.jpg

The sight of the dragon smashing into the facade of the Cathedral of St. Clydwell is one no witness would ever forget. At that moment, a titanic demon erupted at the far end of the plaza, reducing several buildings to ruins as it smashed into this world. The rift it created shot across the plaza, and this time there was no escape—it opened below your feet, angling away into darkness. Even as you fell, the dragon noticed your plight. Though she saw death standing over her, she seized this final chance to save a few more souls. After she uttered a few arcane words and stretched out a bleeding talon, you felt her magic take hold of you, slowing your plummet into the darkness as if you were feathers falling into a pit. Yet the fall remained as inexorable, and as you drifted downward into the depths, the last thing you saw was the Storm King standing before the ancient silver dragon, his sword lashing out and cleaving full through her neck. As her severed head fell, the rift above you slammed shut, and the light of the world above was gone.

Darkness....

You find yourselves awaking in darkness, and for some fuzzy black and white, painful throbbing in your heads, ringing ears, troubled breathing....

Welcome to Wrath of the Righteous: The Worldwound Excursion.

Phasm
2015-02-18, 03:43 AM
A figure stirs in the darkness, half-covered by rubble. Taru groans, her head pounding like a festival drum. Her mouth is dry, full of the choking rock dust that fills the air. Where am I? Armasse in Kenabres, standing in the square next to her sister. A titanic duel between Terendelev the silver dragon and Khorramzadeh the Storm King. The ground shook and shattered, and she fell...

"Awnis!" The word comes out half-coughed. Taru clears her throat and tries again. "Awnis, are you here?" In her haste and stress, she speaks in Hallit. She pushes a rock off of her legs, hoping it doesn't hit anyone. If anyone else is here. It's darker than the inside of a boot at midnight- Oh, wait. I'm an idiot. Am I a sacred hunter or not? Taru touches her holy symbol, thankfully intact, and speaks a few words of power. One of the charms attached to the braid at her right temple starts to glow with a pale blue-green light.

Kittenwolf
2015-02-18, 04:44 AM
Okatoa groaned in the dark, rolling onto his side. The Wardstone.. gone, Terendelev slaughtered, droplets of her blood had rained into this very pit. Lord Hulrun likely also dead. Khorramzadeh was free, and here. This was bad. Very bad.

On his hands and knees his head snapped up as he heard someone call out in a strange, harsh tongue. Leaping to his feet he reached for the strange power he possessed and called forth a gigantic hammer, stepping into battle stance and growling just as the cool blue-green light appeared.

@phasm: You are presented with the sight of an over eight foot tall Half Giant with ember-red eyes, black hair and darkly tanned skin. He's growling, standing in full battle readiness, and holding a semi-translucent nine foot greathammer the same colour as his eyes ;)

BramsesII
2015-02-18, 03:27 PM
Awnis

That's it. We're dead. Should've listened to father and stayed at home. Taru should've stayed too. We'd still be alive then. This can't happen! I'm too young and pretty to die! All sorts of thoughts go through Awnis' mind as she opens her eyes and finds that she cannot see a thing. The sudden and familiar voice in the distance grabs her attention, and she shakes her head and the dust out of her hair, coughing out some rock dust before replying.

"I'm here, Taru." Awnis responds in Hallit. "Alive and well. Well, unless we've died and this is our first stop on the way to the afterlife. Where are you?" Just as she finishes her reply a light appears a short ways away from her. Right. Light. The young woman hums a little ditty, and her right earring suddenly begins emitting a pale yellowish light. When another - much larger - figure appears opposite Taru, her hand wraps around her whip, and she moves forward quietly, hoping to sneak up on the giant while completely forgetting the light of her earring.

DrK
2015-02-18, 04:16 PM
Alith winced, eyes squinting in the darkness, eyes blurring. "Hello, is anyone there? ". Trying to concentrate she picks up her spear leaning on the white ash staff as she stands upright, glittering eyes scanning through the darkness as she looks for Any other survivors. "Did it happen? Is she really dead? Have they killed Terendelev!"

Spinning around the young blonde woman in her short sleeved tunic continued to survey the area..

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/119/2/c/summoner_by_butterfrog-d7gg816.jpg

Kittenwolf
2015-02-18, 05:13 PM
Okatoa grunts and shifts his facing slightly when he hears someone else speaking in the same weird tongue before taking a good look at both of them 'Well, they don't look hostile at least.'

He frowns further when the other voice shouts out 'How many of us are down here?...'

Figuring that they're all likely civilians he relaxes and leans on his hammer
"Hey over there! Yeah, there's at least three of us down here, though no clue who these other two are.
"And.. yeah. I think they have.. the Demons have invaded and the city is in deep trouble."

BramsesII
2015-02-18, 06:24 PM
Awnis

Seeing that the giant man has relaxed his stance somewhat, and with the appearance of what seems to be yet another survivor, Awnis relaxes as well, putting her whip back at her belt where it belongs. "It looked like they killed her, yes." She looks upward, trying to see anything of a ceiling. "This is bad, isn't it?"

The bard walks over to her sister, speaking to her in Hallit. "You okay, Taru?" Following her sister's reply, Awnis turns around to look at the half-giant and the young blonde woman who has now also appeared. "So. More survivors, then? I'm Awnis, and this is my sister Taru. We... well, Taru should probably explain." Despite the situation, she manages to flash a bright smile at the two before her, then bows slightly. After a short introduction from both, she replies. "I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you but..." She looks up, then at the giant and the blonde. "Not a good situation we're in."

Kittenwolf
2015-02-18, 06:46 PM
Okatoa snorts, a not inconsequential sound "You have a gift for understatement Awnis. And this is beyond bad. Before the chasm closed above us I saw the Wardstone keep destroyed in fire, our Dragon guardian killed, and demons both huge and small let loose in the streets. I fear the city may be lost already."

He raises his hand in greeting, the hammer literally vanishing "I am Okatoa. I've only recently arrived here, I'd been planning on trying to get into the tournament, but now..."

His voice trails off and he dumps an enormous backpack on the ground and starts digging through it, pulling out a suit of dark leather armour. "Bring the light over here, I have a feeling I will need this."

Phasm
2015-02-18, 09:02 PM
"I'm fine, Awnis, thank you. Just a bit bruised and buried." Taru heaves another slab of rock off of herself, then manages to wiggle out from under the rest of the debris. She walks over to the half-giant, stopping once he's got enough light to put his armor on. Fortunately, Taru was already wearing hers during the ceremony. "My sister and I came to join the Crusade. Our people once lived in Sarkoris, you see, and it is my duty as a sacred hunter of Pulura to help fight the demons." She smiles in Awnis' direction. "Awnis didn't want me to go alone."

The sisters' lights seem awfully small in the darkness of the cavern. Taru inspects her treasured longbow for damage, pulling the string back and listening for any telltale cracks. It doesn't seem damaged, but she'll have to wait until they have some real sun to be absolutely sure.

Kittenwolf
2015-02-18, 09:31 PM
Okatoa nods sadly "Ouch. Yeah, sorry about your homeland, that's messed up. I have a feeling I'll be joining the Crusade as well, since without reinforcements here... history may repeat itself"

He reaches further into the pack and pulls out a suit of scale armour. He looks hesitant for a moment before putting the scale back "No use announcing myself earlier than needs be."

He looks around at the other three "Everyone get ready for a fight, given the size of the tear I doubt that only mortals fell in, I think we'll have demons before we find a way out."

He begins to don his leathers in quick, practiced motions and then begins to stretch, nodding thanks for the light. "Me, I'm a warrior and scout from the Planesrunner nomad tribe."

*Edited for diction and wordiness*

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-19, 12:28 AM
Alexander Kardue'sai (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1101969)

Voices...

Voices in the dark... but where was he? The half-orc slowly comes back to consciousness and tries to remember anything since the colossal battle between the might foes at the plaza of the cathedral...but to no avail. The only thing that he could recall was darkness and then silence... cold and long. But now...now there were voices...who might they be? A cough escapes his lungs and then another follows shortly after sending dust and spittle into the air with a hoarse, thunderous, sound. Small rocks and rubble, accompanied by a layer of dust, fall from the figure as he stands up in the darkness and clears himself off.

"Who goes there?" He demands, hoping whoever responded would claim themselves to be a friend.

Kittenwolf
2015-02-19, 12:38 AM
Otakoa (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=91556)

Otakoa looks around as he hears another voice shout out in the dark and calls back. "Lucky survivors is who goes here. Head towards the blue-green and yellow lights."

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-19, 01:15 AM
Alexander Kardue'sai (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1101969)

"Your definition of luck alarms me..." He replies, peering through the darkness to see which way the others were located. He searches around the area near him for his gear and begins gathering it up, grabbing his morningstar last and holding it defensively as he approaches the others. For those that lack the ability to see in the dark, they'll notice as he enters the edges of the light that he is a young adult half-orc with thick black hair that snakes into a thin and neat beard. He wears a suit of well-maintained scale mail and hefts a morningstar in one hand. Around his neck dangles a silver holy symbol of Abadar from a thin gold plated chain.

DrK
2015-02-19, 01:20 AM
Alith walked towards the other apparent survivors. One hand tucking a loose few strands of hair behind her ear. She looks carefully at the others before offering a hand of greeting. "I am Alith. We need to get back to the city, if its still under assault we must get back to the city, there must be a way up to the streets.".

She looks about and considers calling upon celestial aid.

Kittenwolf
2015-02-19, 01:26 AM
Okatoa looks up at the darkness above them. "Luckier than our Guardian. Or the guards in the Wardstone keep. Or the people in the square. Erastil's Eyes, we're probably the luckiest people in the city right now. Saved from our deaths by a Dragon's last act..."

He shakes his head and makes a gesture of reverence for the dead.

"Right. Way I see it we've got two choices. Sit here until our supplies run out and hope someone else deals with the Demons or they move on after sacking the place. Or, we find a bloody way out of cursed darkness and either join up with the Crusades or get the hell out of dodge."

He eyes the others one by one as though gauging their arms and how they bear them. "And I don't know about you lot, but I don't cower in the dark while others die for me."

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-19, 01:35 AM

"Is everyone well enough to move...or were there any injuries during the fall?" the half-orc asks as he makes note of his lack of injury despite the throbbing in the back of his skull. He unslings his shield from his back and slides his hands into the straps before uttering a few words to himself and gesturing a quick motion. The face of his shield begins to emit a circle of bright light from the design worked into it and he points it off into the distance so that everyone might be able to see. He begins to scan in an arc around them and try to get a bearing on which way they might head.

Cast Light on my shield.

Phasm
2015-02-19, 01:42 AM
"We are not dead, nor are we injured to any great degree. I call that lucky." Taru nods to the new arrivals. "It is good to see that others have survived. I am Taru Alinadottir of the Aurora Tribe. The other light belongs to my sister, Awnis." She makes a fiercely barbaric sight in her mammoth-hide armor, longbow in hand. Most of her black hair is loose, save for two thin braids with small carvings, feathers, and strips of dyed leather woven in, one on either side of her face. A round bone pendant on a leather thong lies on her chest, carved with a stylized woman's face surrounded by stars. "I agree with Okatoa. Our lives are a gift from Terendelev and the gods; we should not waste them starving in the dark. Let us go and find a way out of this place."

Kittenwolf
2015-02-19, 02:31 AM
Okatoa nods in both agreement and approval "Right, first question, does anyone have a map of the city so we can tell what direction might have a deep basement or something that we can access. Second question, is anyone other than me any good at scouting. Third question, can anyone see in the dark without one of those lights?"

Benson
2015-02-19, 03:49 AM
With the much more brighter light twas quite evident that our heroes were deep within a large underground cavern, one wall of which is an enormous mound of rubble. The air is filled with dust, and now and then small rockslides of gravel tumble down the mound. However, with the brighter light the lot of you bear witness that the wall of rubble behind them contained numerous examples of how close they came to death. Here and there, bodies are mixed with the rubble—citizens of Kenabres whom the dragon could not save.

But there were a few survivors...

Not too far off but easily miss-able, you see a figure hunched over on the ground sitting, one knee brought up while the other leg lay flat against the ground. Twas a young woman in leather armor adorned with a few decorative studs, cut, dirty and bruised up like the others, however, there was a large pooling of blood around her leg that lay flat against the ground. She had short choppy black hair and pale skin with boyish handsome features. With her she carried a bow and a quiver with a handful of arrows.

"Aaaaaccck!...Someone help me...it hurts! I am dying!" From about forty feet behind a large pile of rubble came suddenly a cliche pompous notmeanttobeEnglishinspired Taldan accented voice.

"I hear voices...who is there?....I...I cannot see..." Another voice echoed, this one with a more low, breathy baritone, sounded from beyond the reach of the light, shuffling noises could be heard as small shifting rocks bounced against the ground. "My eyes......nnnnngh.....hnnn" From within the edges of the light, a tall figure stumbled about. A young male elf with long white hair sporting what looked to be light cold weather clothing and worn slender boots, most striking was his fur line cloak that he wore. His face however one would see it to be freshly burned, nasty burn scars on his face and worse around his eyes. "My staff...where is it..?" He asked no one in particular as he stumbled about.

Kittenwolf
2015-02-19, 08:26 AM
Okatoa swore "More survivors! We need to help them"
He turns to the half orc "You, were you some kind of healer? We'll bring them to you."

He starts rushing towards the nearest of the cries and calls out If you can walk, come towards the lights, if you can't, keep talking so that we can find you!"

I'm going to head to bed, but my plan from here is to try and get all the injured into one place so that the medical-type(s) can tend to them, carrying anyone who needs it should not be a problem.
However, I'll be keeping a close eye on the darkness since I'm quite sure there will be demons around somewhere, especially give the amount of noise that we're making.

Okatoa (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=91556)
Just in case they're needed while I'm sleeping, here's a couple of rolls

Perception: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]

Benson
2015-02-19, 01:44 PM
The woman mentioned to be nearby but miss-able, likely due to her quietness and lack of movement, shook her head. "I..can't...my leg...it...It hurts to move it.." She said quietly and hoarsely.

http://i.imgur.com/Xb6tR7H.jpg

"<I'm blinded...I can't see the lights...>" The elven man muttered loudly in elvish while he tried to track them via their voices but alas, the group would be seeing him just fine, just at the edge of the light spell's radius. "It is echoing too much...I cannot tell where you are at.." He said in common. He winced from the pain on his burnt face and eyes. "I need my staff...I require.." He hesitated for a moment. "...assistance." He hoarsely coughed from all the dust.

http://i.imgur.com/nAId6Q7.png

"Hurry someone please...I am bleeding badly!" The other voice persisted through the darkness, and then for a few seconds there was silence. "Quick! There is something here...it's....something touched me!"

Okatoa's scrutinizing gaze would spy a large squat man stumble out holding his arm. He was dressed in fine clothing that now was tarnished by some tears and dirt. The mound of rubble he had been behind originally, well there was some rubble but also, and, nearly the size of a horse, what appeared to be an immense black spider crouching silently and still on the ground.

http://i.imgur.com/jLIHpJs.png

DrK
2015-02-19, 02:38 PM
Alith ran over to the wounded. "I am here, I am Alith, how can I help?" she asks grabbing the EOF by the hand and trying to guide him into sitting down. "Please sit, I can't see your your wounds if you won't sit still."

She looks at the other survivors. "Are any of you in the Joly orders or among the hospitaliers? My talents lie elsewhere from healing."

Phasm
2015-02-19, 03:53 PM
Taru heads toward the woman with the injured leg. "Can you still feel your toes?" She examines the wound as best she can, wishing she had more training in the mundane methods of treating injury. Still, at least she can determine whether or not the woman is likely to bleed to death.

Kittenwolf
2015-02-19, 05:08 PM
Okatoa's scrutinizing gaze would spy a large squat man stumble out holding his arm. He was dressed in fine clothing that now was tarnished by some tears and dirt. The mound of rubble he had been behind originally, well there was some rubble but also, and, nearly the size of a horse, what appeared to be an immense black spider crouching silently and still on the ground.

http://i.imgur.com/jLIHpJs.png

Okatoa's eyes widened as he saw the spider and put his arm to the side, calling up his hammer. 'pleasepleaseplease don't make any sudden moves sir...'

He then charged the spider, hoping that he was an obvious enough threat that the spider went for him instead of the tasty snack in front of it.

The Plan: Get to the spider and smash it before it gets the injured guy.

I was initially going to stealth up and try and gently redirect the man elsewhere while making sure nobody made any sudden moves that might trigger the spider, then I realised that that is way above my Knowledge: Nature and Wisdom scores ;)

Move Action: Conjure Mind-Hammer
Standard Action: Charge the spider with Power Attack
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Confirm crit if needed: [roll1]
Damage if I hit: [roll2]

BramsesII
2015-02-19, 05:33 PM
While Taru tends to the woman and Alith sees to the wounded elf Awnis decides to follow Okatoa, since healing is not a skill she possesses. When the half-giant suddenly charges at something with a hammer that seemingly comes out of nowhere. She cautiously follows him, whip in hand, until she spots whatever it is he is attacking. She yells out in Hallit as she is accustomed to doing so.

"Something's here Taru. Finish what you're doing quickly and get yourself ready for a fight! The rest of you as well!"

Move action to get 10 ft behind Okatoa
Move action to draw whip

Phasm
2015-02-20, 03:50 AM
Taru shoots to her feet, bow drawn and ready. She responds in Common as she looks around for the threat. "A fight? Where- Pulura's veils, is that a giant spider?"

Looks like Benson already rolled Taru's initiative, so let's see if Taru can see the enemy. She'll move closer to get a clear shot if she has to.

Knowledge: nature: [roll1] (is it an animal or insect?)

Knowledge: planes: [roll2] (is it demonic?)

Benson
2015-02-20, 03:52 AM
"Nnnnng...I can...I just feel...nn..more pain than aaah...my toes moving," The woman quietly replied with a faint smile at Taru which was then followed with a grunt and hiss of pain. She winced and closed her right hand into a fist. There was an unpleasant gash on her leg with blood seeping through her pants.

If successful, you are able to stop the bleeding with well applied strips of cloth and pressure along with fastening a makeshift splint out of splinters and rope, after a couple of minutes of course.

<Or someone casts heals to patch things up fine-ish real quick like>

There was a soft grunt from the elf as Alith helped him but he nonetheless sat down with some hesitation. "...Thank you." He uttered with a controlled hiss of pain. His eyes were shot for the nine hells and the upper half of his face a mass of horrific burns. He was more than likely in pain but trying hard to contain it and retain a high elf attitude. Another soft hiss, both of his hands curled into fists.

---

The squat man froze in place upon the order, a cold sweat falling down the side of his head with that deer in the headlights look. When Okatoa ran up to the spider and struck his conjured mind axe-hammer into he would come to see it indeed dead, a corpse. However, the squat man was not incorrect about something touching him however. As the half giant struck hard and fiercely into the dead flesh, he would see a pair of giant maggots, about the size of a small dogs exposing themselves. These large maggots had greasy, pale flesh and dripping, circular mouths filled with tiny, sharp teeth.

The squat man turned his head to look over his shoulder and went white in the face seeing what had been so close to him a second ago before....

Gnash gnash gnash!

Initiative Order

Okatoa
Taru
Awnis
Alexander
Alith
The Maggots

Go ahead and post in whatever turn whether to do something unrelated to the combat, fight, or withhold action from the skirmish, I will sort them out in my next post.

<The Maggots would be about a 40 ft distance from Taru, Alexander and Alith. Up close and personal with Okatoa, and ten or so feet away from Awnis. Unless you have a light source on you and yer close enough or nightvision (like some of ya do and put ta good use) the maggots and squat man would be difficult to see>
==

EDIT: OOof....ninja'd by two minutes.
===

2nd EDIT: For Taru's funky rolls, well its a giant spider, so she perceives, okay yes, it is a spider, a biggun and probably not demonic, probably mundane, likely mundane, it is a little twisted up to tell, but it is likely mundane.

Random note, with two big ol maggots living in it apparently, the debris that probably more than likely killed the giant spider was probably a godsend for the spider...or demonsend. Hah, snerk. Nailed it. 8D

Kittenwolf
2015-02-20, 08:26 AM
Okatoa grinned slightly as his hammer smashed the dead Spider's flesh, only to turn into a twisted grimace as he noticed the maggots.
"RUN!" he barked at the squat man before stepping in to crush the maggots.

Movement: If I can 5ft step into a spot where I can guard the man better then I will. Or if it'll take a move action to put myself in their path I will, even if it means AoOs
Standard: Attack!
Mind Hammer, no power attack: [roll0]
Confirmation if needed: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-20, 10:58 AM

Alexander gives a quick grunt noise as the only repsonse to Okatoa's question about being a healer. It was common for most people to jump to the conclusion that anyone at all connected to the clergy had to be some sort of priestly salv healer. Things were never as simple as that now were they. Regardless, he followed after Taru towards the woman with the apparently shattered leg and held his light to help her. He bends down to assit in some sort of bandage or wrapping but is interrupt as the sounds of combat breaks out nearby.

Heal Check: [roll0] - Aid Another for Taru

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-20, 11:04 AM
Seeing the fight with the two maggots that erupt from the corpse, Alexander takes up his morningstar and shield and makes ready to join the fight. I will return."

On my turn:

Move 30 ft towards the maggots.

Ready action to attack with morningstar for any enemy that comes within ranger.

Benson
2015-02-20, 12:57 PM
Ow, ooh, yea it...pulp.

Ahem, oh wait, needs a fancy way to describe it. MMmMMMHHM. The nasty maggot had just a fraction of a moment to show off its sharp maw before the half giant smashed into it. It's 'face' area just completely smooshed.

One down.

Okatoa didn't need to worry about the squat man, he sorta just stumbled forward out of the way, let folks with weapons handle this, that is for sure.

Phasm
2015-02-20, 03:10 PM
Well, it looks like Okatoa, Awnis, and Alexander have the maggot situation covered. Taru turns back to the wounded woman and kneels down again next to her. She had hoped that someone else here had better healing abilities, but alas, apparently not. She gently touches the wounded leg with one hand and chants a short prayer to Pulura. Ragged flesh begins to pull together under the half-orc's crude bandage.

There goes my one healing spell. :P Note to self, pick up more Heal skill.

CLW: [roll0]

BramsesII
2015-02-20, 05:40 PM
Awnis

The girl recoils when the maggots burst out of the spider carcass. "Yuck. What's that?!" The first maggot is easily dispatched by Okatoa, but the second one is still alive. Awnis realizes that her current weapon is not going to do much good against a creature with no legs. Why'd you pick the whip, you idiot? Still, she decides to at least try and get its attention so that someone else can take it out while it's distracted.

She steps back to the maximum reach of her weapon and lashes out, holding her buckler up to deflect any blows should the thing decide to lunge for her. How's it going to lunge without legs? Still, better be careful.

5 ft. step back to a position where Awnis has a clear line of effect to the creature but where it has to pass through Okatoa's threatened area should it decide to charge, it should now be 15 ft away from her
Standard action to attack, using combat expertise (-1 attack, +1 AC)

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] nonlethal (unless the maggot has natural armor +3 or higher in which case there is no damage)

Kittenwolf
2015-02-20, 11:48 PM
Maggot

Awnis' whip cracks along the maggot's side leaving a huge welt raised in its path, the maggot visibly shies away from the hit and lets out a sound that on a larger, more developed creature probably would have been a roar but instead comes out as a strangled wet gurgling noise. It manages to hit both disgusting and seriously creepy.

Subduel damage: 4
Lethal damage: 0

DrK
2015-02-21, 02:31 AM
Alith looks over, her golden eyes picking out the maggots before one is destroyed. She grins happily patting the blind elf on the hand. "Don't worry, its just some giant maggots. Some other survivors are dealing with them".

That said she continues the celestial mumbling as the golden portal continues to grow, a long silvery claw almost visible.

Kittenwolf
2015-02-21, 03:04 AM
Maggot

The maggot in front of Okatoa strikes at him, mouth full of teeth gaping wide and hits him full in the torso, tearing great gouges in his flesh in spite of his armour. Moments later the thing drops back to the ground, chewing on a lump of skin and flesh.

Standard Attack [roll0]
Damage: 5 (See OOC thread)

Kittenwolf
2015-02-21, 03:10 AM
Okatoa
HP: 12 7

Okatoa roars in pain as blood gushes down his chest. Eyes burning with anger he hefts his hammer again and brings it down on the maggot, crushing it into a fine puddle of ichor and blood.

Standard Attack: [roll0]
Standard Attack Confirm: [roll1]

Benson
2015-02-21, 04:32 AM
While maggots were just finished with becoming nasty pulp...

"Ugh....this is disgusting...that is disgusting...." The squat man picked himself up and dusted himself not that, that really helped. "You there." He pointed at Okatoa and Awnis with a look of disgust seeing all the blood and guts that hit the half giant. "Is is *dead* dead now? I won't be seeing maggots within maggots will I?"
--

"Nnnnn....thank you," The woman wanly smiled at Taru as she then bit down on her lip. Oof, that felt weird and hurt a little. "Oh wow....that is...very much better....Well...I'm going to be having an unpleasant looking scar. I don't think I want to see what it looks like underneath my pants heh.." The woman turned her head at Taru and nodded. "Damn..." She glanced around the cavern and frowned from what she was able to see. ".....these poor souls."
--
The elf's hand curled when it was patted a slight annoyed expression on his face. "I...I was not worried about some maggots and..yea." He turned his head towards Alith's general direction and momentarily winced from his pain. "Look....I just require my staff at the moment....I am still trying to recover mentally, not to mention physically, I need it." He grunted and then cast the direction of his head towards the loudest sounds, the just finished skirmish against the maggots.

"Is there a plan at all? And do any of you have any experience with fighting demons and the sort?" He demanded, addressing everyone.
--

Kittenwolf
2015-02-21, 04:56 AM
Okatoa

Okatoa scrapes some of the ichor off his chest as he tries to get a good look at the wound and mutters to himself "Should have gone with the scale, really should have gone with the scale, but no, I decided that stealth and mobility would be a better option."

"Ugh....this is disgusting...that is disgusting...." The squat man picked himself up and dusted himself not that, that really helped. "You there." He pointed at Okatoa and Awnis with a look of disgust seeing all the blood and guts that hit the half giant. "Is is *dead* dead now? I won't be seeing maggots within maggots will I?"
--

He looks up at the squat man in disgust "Gee, thankyou for saving my life Mr Giant, I'm so glad you're here Mr Giant, I don't want to think about what those things would have done to me if you hadn't stepped in Mr Giant. Oh, you're welcome Mr Human, I'm so glad that you're okay."

He bluntly turns his back on the man and instead calls back to the Elf.

"Is there a plan at all? And do any of you have any experience with fighting demons and the sort?" [/B]He demanded, addressing everyone.
--

"The plan is we get everyone back on their feet, injured and non-combatants stick together in the center, armed with any spare weapons we've got, or carry those who need to be carried. Those who can fight will form up around the rest and we move through this place and find a way to the surface. I've never fought a demon before but I've been behind their lines in a Warwound before so I've seen them up close and personal. I get a strong feeling that we're going to get a lot more experience fighting them before today is done."

He takes another look at the dead spider to make sure there are no more maggots present and walks back towards the nameless Half-Orc, undoing the buckles on his leather armour as he does so "Say, you asked earlier if anyone was injured, and you've got magic of some kind. Don't suppose you can help make sure this doesn't get infected?" he gestures at the torn hole in his chest from the maggot.

BramsesII
2015-02-21, 06:25 AM
Awnis

Awnis winces when the maggot bites Okatoa. Ouch. That looked painful. Should be glad it didn't come for me, I suppose. She looks around, holding her whip ready to strike out at anything hostile that might appear. When it seems that there are no more maggots hidden in the carcass, she visibly relaxes, letting down her shield and putting her whip back at her belt where it belongs. She cannot help but chuckle at the half-giant's sarcastic remark. "Pff... Yea, looks like they're dead. Don't worry." She pats the giant on the arm. "We have a dangerous guardian on our side." She looks up at Okatoa. "That was impressive, mister... uh... You okay? How'd you do that with the hammer?"

Once the giant has moved on to the elf, Awnis walks over to check on her sister. She addresses her as she is accustomed to, in Hallit.

"Done tending to the wounded, sis? If so, I suggest we follow the big guy's plan."

She then looks at the woman Taru just healed and smiles at her, nodding her head in greeting. "Can you walk, miss? Or will you need support?"

Kittenwolf
2015-02-21, 08:10 AM
Okatoa

"That was impressive, mister... uh... You okay? How'd you do that with the hammer?"

Okatoa grimaces "I've been worse. But having a chunk taken out of me by something like that? Damned embarrassing. As to the hammer..

He dismisses the hammer, then conjures it again, and moments later shifts it into a longsword, then spear, then back to hammer again.
"I don't know. I suddenly.. did it while out hunting, and I've learned to do it at will since, but how?" He shrugs "No clue. I'd hoped that I might be able to find someone in the city who knew more."

Phasm
2015-02-22, 12:53 AM
Taru pats the formerly injured woman on the shoulder and stands up again. "You are indeed mighty, Okatoa. I fear that I have no more healing to offer today, unfortunately. My gifts lie more in hunting than in casting spells." She turns to the elf. "Do you know what your staff looks like, elf? I will help you find it if I know what to look for."

Benson
2015-02-22, 01:39 AM
The squat man just sported a sour expression. "Tch...there was an idea to offer my thanks but not anymore." He put his arms over his chest, huffing. He then furrowed his brow at the mention of demons. ".....We are doomed aren't we? We are going to die down here underground in our already dug graves...ugh."

The woman makes for the effort to stand up but find herself unable to get that first push off the ground. "Nnngh...I would very much appreciate the assistance..." She said to Awnis and took a moment to get her breathing in order.

--
"Aravashnial, my name is Aravashnial," He stated factually head turning in the general direction Taru's voice seem to come from. There was another wince from the stinging and burning pain afflicted upon his face. "Tis a staff of light and dark wood that twist ornately at the bottom, a silver colored grip and the head it twists again though it takes a crescent shape."

You are able to find the staff jutting out amidst a large pile of rubble, though also, you come across what appear to be five silver stones though upon further examination they are clearly scales of a dragon, of the dragon Terendelev.

"Also, names, give me your names so I may know what to address you by," Aravashnial requested of everyone.

--

<Roll the Perception check in the OOC to avoid clutter, or you can roll in the IC but edit your post to include the information your character/s would have. Again, to save time from having to wait for me to tell you your results. This will go for a lot of future checks, not all, but most.>

Kittenwolf
2015-02-22, 02:06 AM
"You are indeed mighty, Okatoa. I fear that I have no more healing to offer today, unfortunately. My gifts lie more in hunting than in casting spells."

"Hunting? I approve! We shall have to swap stories at some point. And I shall have to be more careful about dealing with creatures down here, I think I will put my heavier armour on once we have these people attended to."

The squat man just sported a sour expression. "Tch...there was an idea to offer my thanks but not anymore." He put his arms over his chest, huffing. He then furrowed his brow at the mention of demons. ".....We are doomed aren't we? We are going to die down here underground in our already dug graves...ugh."

Okatoa practically growls at the squat man "Pull yourself together! We aren't doomed at all, I've been behind Demon lines before and survived, just use your head and don't let yourself panic. If that's possible for you."

"Aravashnial, my name is Aravashnial," He stated factually head turning in the general direction Taru's voice seem to come from. There was another wince from the stinging and burning pain afflicted upon his face. "Tis a staff of light and dark wood that twist ornately at the bottom, a silver colored grip and the head it twists again though it takes a crescent shape."

You are able to find the staff jutting out amidst a large pile of rubble, though also, you come across what appear to be five silver stones though upon further examination they are clearly scales of a dragon, of the dragon Terendelev.

"Also, names, give me your names so I may know what to address you by," Aravashnial requested of everyone."

Okatoa begins searching through the rubble, looking for the man's staff "Hang on.. do you mind if I call you Arav for short? We'll find your staff here somewhere..." noises of scraping rock and various sounds can be heard "I am Okatoa by the way... aha! Here we are! And there's something else here..."
He pulls the man's staff out of the rubble, then looks back down again and slowly picks up the silver scales, holding them carefully, almost reverently "and.. some of Terendelev's scales..."

He takes a few strides over to the elf and puts his staff into his searching hands, still largely absorbed by the scales.

Taking ten, that's a Fourteen

DrK
2015-02-22, 02:24 AM
Alith nods still and speaks up louder for the others to hear. "I am Alith. I was a member of the crusade. I will fight for my city". She then goes back to concentrating on the growing portal before finally a hulking 8ft tall wolf like creature with gleaming silver white fur came through.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/smite.gamepedia.com/e/e8/T_Fenrir_skin1_Card.png?version=14aa992c2ddf53f94d 460360bfb02de6

Still steaming it looks at Alith resting a paw on her arm, "Little one, what trouble have you wrought upon yourself. I will see you through it as always".

Alith smiles "We need the poor man's here staff and then we cab try and find an exit."The huge eidolon nods and wanders off to find the staff.

Alith [roll0]
Fenrir [roll1]

But its Alith who spots the white wood and scales. Here is your staff. then louder for the others, I have found some scales of the dragon. I intend to keep one as a moment, would any of you like one?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-22, 03:54 AM

Alexander slowly ends his sprint towards the beasts as the second maggot is downed before he can even reach the combat. Sometimes he wished for lighter armor or the options that came with choosing a bow or crossbow over a simpler weapon like the morningstar, but when all was said and done this was by far what he found himself the most comfortable with. Nothing quite felt the same as going toe-to-toe against the forces of darkness clad and steel and armed with your faith. He scans the area to make sure no other threats are looming in the shadows before turning his attention back to the other survivors.

"I'd have to agree with the gaint..." he says after the portly man begins to go on about how they were doomed. "Everyone needs to keep their composure and we should work together to get ourselves out of this mess." He uses his shield to try and locate the missing staff while the others continue their conversations.

= = = =

"Alexander" he introduces himself with a small nod as the others begin sharing names. "Not a child of the crusade's per say...but I do try to fulfill my duty to spread a bit of goodness in the world. I'm new to the city myself, only arrived a few days ago I'm afraid."

BramsesII
2015-02-22, 12:48 PM
Awnis

The woman makes for the effort to stand up but find herself unable to get that first push off the ground. "Nnngh...I would very much appreciate the assistance..." She said to Awnis and took a moment to get her breathing in order.

Awnis offers the woman a hand to help her stand, and then a shoulder to lean on. "Name's Awnis. Don't worry miss, we'll get out of here in one piece." She looks down at the woman's battered leg, then looks up at her and smiles with a slight shrug. "Well, mostly."

When the two come hobbling up to the others in the group, Awnis is quick to comment on the sudden presence of the massive eidolon standing near Alith. "Uh... What's this? Friend of yours?" She eyes Alith as she says so, her free hand resting on the hilt of her sword. "He is friendly, right?" Once Alith has managed to convince Awnis of the fact, the bard smiles apologetically at the gold-haired girl. "Uh... You said you had scales from Terendelev, right? If you don't mind, I'd like one. For luck. Starsong knows we'll need it."

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-22, 05:51 PM

"Does make quite the show of force though doesnt it..." Alexander says, eyeing the large eidolon up and down once or twice. Can't say I've seen that trick before.

The cleric tightens his shield and hefts his morningstar as he starts to look for some indication on which way to go. He'll gladly come back to assist the wounded once they have a direction to head but for now he wants to make sure a way is found ... and safe.

Phasm
2015-02-22, 07:39 PM
"I am Taru Alinadottir of the Aurora Tribe, and Awnis' sister." She turns to Okatoa. "If there are enough, I also would like a scale to remember our savior by."

After the scales have been distributed, Taru begins scouting the area, not getting out of sight of the rest of the group.

Kittenwolf
2015-02-22, 08:17 PM
Okatoa
OOC Note: For simplicity I'll assume that Okatoa & Alith found everything at the same time.

She turns to Okatoa. "If there are enough, I also would like a scale to remember our savior by."

"Huh? Oh, sure." He rolls the last scale that he's kept between his fingers "Kind of a big thing. Still can't quite believe.."

He shakes himself and stands up straight, tucking the scale into a small pouch and tying it around his neck like a talisman.

"Right. We've got work to.. do.." He finally seems to notice Alith's summon "Alith.. who or what is the giant werewolf? Is that a summoned creature?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-22, 11:35 PM

"How many scales were ther?" Alexander asks curiously, his interest having been piqued. Today was the closest he's ever been to a dragon but he did hold the creatures with a bit of wonder.

Benson
2015-02-22, 11:54 PM
"No you may not call me Arav for short," Aravashnial stated with a grimace on his lips. he quietly said his thanks when Alith/Okatoa found and returned his staff, for a second he briefly and wanly smiled. He then furrowed his brows and glowered at his predicament of being suddenly blind. "I am going to need someone to be my eyes."
-

"Why are you shouting? Tck, seems like you need to pull yourself together," The squat man grumbled at Okatoa and rubbed the side of his head. He put his hands at his waist and came off as standoff-ish with a look of annoyance as he stared off into the dark cavern only to end up with a look of surprise when Alith summoned her eidolen buddy. He brought his hand up to his chest and stiffened in silence and stared at the frightening looking werewolf, which was probably for the betterment of all.

"What was that?...What is going on?" Aravashnial asked aloud unaware of what Alith had just did.
=====

When each of you touched and picked up one of five the scales of the felled dragon (eventually), for a brief pause in time you find yourselves hit with a flash of insight about the scale’s properties, along with an emotional rush of sadness tinged with resolute determination.

You understand this scale to be Sacred Weaponry: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast align weapon, but only to make a weapon lawful or good. Unlike a normal align weapon spell, this effect can be cast on an unarmed strike natural weapon or psionic based weapons.

You understand the scale to be Graced: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast Bestow Grace. This can also be used on an eidolen so as long as the summoner's alignment remains Good.

You understand this scale to be Resistance: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast resist elements.

You understand this scale to be Disguise: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast alter self. While disguised, the target gains a +4 bonus on all Bluff checks made against evil creatures.

You understand this scale to be Cloudwalking: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast levitate. A pillar of roiling clouds rises below the levitating object or creature, growing and shrinking with the target’s altitude. This pillar is 5 feet in diameter (regardless of the target’s size) and provides concealment (20% miss chance) to any creature or object wholly contained within.
---

The whole moment was gone in a second, though a quick glance at each respective scale, a faint glimmer would appear before it returned to looking inert.

DrK
2015-02-23, 02:53 AM
Alith gasps as the scales magical nature reveals itself. She hugs it close to her chest thanking the gods for the blessing. At the others question she ruffles Fenrir under his neck as the beast clears it's throat, I am Fenrir, I am bound to Alith by blood to defend and protect her. You need not fear me".

Alith standing by him smiled. He has kept me safe for many years.

Hearing Arab she helps him up holding his other hand leaving the staff in his good one. I will be your eyes. Me and Fenrir will keep you safe. Im of an sorerous bent so won't be running into fights. We are trapped n a cavern but are about to start seeking a tunnel back to the surface.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-23, 04:21 PM

Alexander pauses for the briefest moment as suddently the secrets of the scale wash over him. As the sensation ends and the brightness once again gives way to the darkness and gloom of their surroundings the half-orc is filled with a sense of sadness...almost emptiness...and left longing for the feeling again. He turns the scale over in his hands a time or two but fails to reproduce the feeling and so with a bit of hesitation he slowly slides the scale into one of his belt pouches.

= = =

"I'd like some of us to scout out a bit ahead of the rest as we make our way out of here." The cleric speaks up still more focused on finding a way out rather than speaking his mind in regards to the squat little man who was quickly looking to become a burden on the group. "No sense in rushing the wounded forward into some sort of trap or danger."

"Thoughts on a way out of here?"

BramsesII
2015-02-23, 05:08 PM
Awnis

The bard accepts her scale with a small nod of her head. "I'd bow, but I don't want to drop the lady leaning on my shoulder. 's not very gallant, is it?" She grins at whomever just handed her the scale. Then, she takes a moment to examine it closely, and the sadness that suddenly rushes over her causes her breath to catch in her throat for a second. She looks at the scale for a moment longer before tucking it away into her belt pouch. Then, she wipes her eyes with a sleeve and clears her throat. "Ahem. Right."

Upon Alexander's suggestion, she nods. "Alexander was it, right? I like your idea. Preferably someone who can see well in the darkness. How about this: We send two scouts with good eyesight slightly ahead of the group while the rest sticks together." She looks at the cleric, trying to gauge his reaction. Then, she looks at everyone assembled. "Does everyone agree?" She pauses to let everyone answer, then continues. "As for a way out of here, I'm stumped. I suggest we just look around where these underground tunnels lead us."

Knowledges (pick whichever is appropriate):
History: [roll0]
Dungeoneering: [roll1]
Local: [roll2]
Geography: [roll3]

Kittenwolf
2015-02-23, 05:45 PM

With a last lingering thought on his scale as the knowledge passes, he looks back at Awnis and Alexander.

"Usually I'd happily volunteer for scouting but I can't see a thing in this pitch blackness, and scouting while carrying a light would defeat the point. If someone helps me into my heavier armour, I'll take guard instead. Direction may be a little trickier but that's life."

He turns around to address the injured civilians "Okay, those of you who are in good enough shape to walk can help those who can't, and everyone should be holding a weapon just in case. If we get in trouble, just wave it at the enemy so you don't look helpless. I've got a spare, hopefully others have too. Anyone know how to use a dagger? Well, shortsword for someone your size?"

*After waiting to see if anyone comes forward*

"Okay, I want all of you in a group next to each other. Then four of us will form the corners of a box around you, with two others scouting ahead. If anyone has any knowledge pertinent to direction, location, or other decent suggestions, now is the time."

I don't know if it can be used in this case to try and work out a likely way to go, but just in case..
[roll0]

Phasm
2015-02-23, 07:33 PM
Taru lets out a soft gasp as the power of the dragon's scale washes over her. One last gift from Terendelev. Wherever you are, brave dragon, I will strive to be worthy of your sacrifice! She murmurs a quick prayer in her native tongue for Pulura to comfort and guide Terendelev's spirit on its journey to Pharasma's Boneyard. Tucking the scale away in her belt pouch, Taru nods to Okatoa.

"I have a morningstar and a dagger, if anyone would like to borrow either one. Unfortunately I cannot see in this darkness without a light either. I would be willing to scout, but with my light, any foe with eyes would see me coming."

DrK
2015-02-23, 11:10 PM
With a gruff rumble the eidolon speaks. I hunt in the dark, I can scout ahead." Even as he speaks he looks at Alith daring her to challenge him. Alith says nothing, one hand holding her spear, the other leading Arav.

The matter settled Fenrir leads the way but still keeping within 100ft or so of Alith where his link was strong.

Stealth [roll0]
perception [roll1]

Benson
2015-02-24, 12:24 PM
Introductions

"Ahem, well I am Horgus Gwerm," The squat man cleared his throat after noting that the werewolf looking thing probably wasn't going to hurt him, probably. "Of house Gwem." He placed his closed hand over his chest and stood straight.

"You can call me Anevia," The woman said with a faint smile with a slight wince as she propped herself up with Awnis' help. "While I probably won't be able to walk as fast as usual....I can still help you lot out with my bow." She grimaced standing up properly. While her leg was magically healed, she (not to mention Arav) she would require far more powerful magicks to restore her leg to its fullness.

Awnis' Knowledges

Geography+Dungeonerring, considering where they were at when the ground split and they plummeted, they was that chance they may have stumbled upon and into the Kenebres underground, a series of catacombs and sewers, possibly having had fallen layers and layers of caverns and earth.
--
"Thank you." Arav uttered to Alith with a small grunt when she offered to be his eyes.

Dem Heals
And then healing magics happened, yay! A couple of appreciative smiles around. Arav bobbed his head appreciatively. "Thank you...the pain is gone for now but I feel I will need stronger magick, I believe restorative magick." He grasped his staff in his hand and took a weary step forward.
---

Okatoa's Survival Check

With the way blocked behind them with tons of earth and rubble, forward into the unknown was really the only way to go..
--
--
Trekking forward

As they trekked forward at their steady pace, the claustrophobic atmosphere really made itself known. So quiet and dank with only their footsteps and movement making a sound as the cavern had a soft chill to it and choking feeling to it.

Up ahead, Fenrir would come across two tunnel that would stand in the way of the group, so to speak, along with the faint echoing sound of chittering..

BramsesII
2015-02-24, 03:12 PM
Awnis

Awnis smiles warmly at both Horgus and Anevia, inclining her head at the squat man. "Well met, Horgus of house Gwem. Do you know how to use a weapon? I have a spare dagger if you like." Should the man want to, Awnis will hand him her spare dagger, hilt first. "And you, Anevia, a pleasure. Well, considering the circumstances... Do you think you can at least stand without falling over? I don't think shooting a bow will work when you're leaning on my shoulder."

Awnis takes up a position at the front right of the group, hobbling along and supporting Anevia. As the group treks forward, a thought suddenly pops into Awnis' head. She turns to look at her sister over her shoulder. "Say, Taru, we could be in the Kenabres underground. If so, there should at least be a way out. Good news, right?"

DrK
2015-02-24, 05:12 PM
Alith leading the blind elf forward looks to the others smiling and introducing herself to Aveni and Gwern. "Awnis, do you know the underground at all?" this translates to her looking at the others as she sees Fenrir pause. Left or right fork?

BramsesII
2015-02-24, 05:38 PM
Awnis

The bard looks at Alith and grins, winking at the girl. "Aye, I know the underground if you know what I mean." She then realizes that there's others there and that bad innuendo is not very appropriate in the current company.

"Ahem, sorry about that. Uh... I don't know the underground well at all, I'm afraid. I've just heard stories." She pauses for a moment, pondering. "Still, we should go left. It's always left."

Phasm
2015-02-24, 07:28 PM
Taru takes the rearguard, checking behind them every few steps. Even though they're more likely to encounter something in front of them, she can still hit a foe that pops up there with her arrows, and it goes against the grain to leave the rear unprotected. Especially since they have walking wounded with them.

"That is good to hear, Awnis." She smiles at her sister, ignoring the innuendo that comes after with the ease of long practice. "I just hope that we come up in the city and not the Worldwound."

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-24, 09:57 PM

[[Retcon]]

"Well, I think that we're about ready then..." Alexander comments as he takes up his silver holy symbol from around his neck. "Suppose there's no better time than now for a bit of healing and a small blessing upon us for our journey." He bows his head slightly and begins muttering a few words of prayer as he calls upon a surge of divine energy. It obviously wouldn't heal everyone of there major afflictions, particularly the blindness and broken leg, but it should mend some of the smaller wounds and set everyone ready to head out.

Healing everyone for 5 HP as mentioned in the OOC.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-25, 12:03 AM

"I can see in the dark but you'll find that you don't want me scouting ahead in all this armor." The half-orc comments as he motions to the full suit of scale mail armor he was wearing. "Great bit of protection it provides... but I definitely wont be sneaking up on anything any time soon. I think I'll take my place alongside the wounded and lead the way with the light." Having no particular knowledge about which way might be best he simply makes ready to follow the others. Tightening the straps on his backpack he readies his shield and morningstar and nods that he's ready to move out.

"Gods watch over us..."

Kittenwolf
2015-02-25, 12:52 AM

"I can see in the dark but you'll find that you don't want me scouting ahead in all this armor." The half-orc comments as he motions to the full suit of scale mail armor he was wearing. [B]"Great bit of protection it provides... but I definitely wont be sneaking up on anything any time soon. I think I'll take my place alongside the wounded and lead the way with the light."

Okatoa bowed in thanks for the healing, then chuckled "Aye, I was going to scout ahead but not being able to see in the dark doesn't help that, hence joining you at clanking everywhere." He gestures to his recently donned scale armour.

As the cavernous darkness starts to get to everyone "So.. anyone know any good jokes?"

Benson
2015-02-25, 03:13 AM
Awnis' Concern

"I think I will be fine.....I am just going to be on the slower side," The short haired woman wearily smiled. "Hopefully I won't have to outrun anything, heh."
----
Innuendos!

Horvis seemed to snort in response, Anevia raised her brow in minor amusement and Arav, well, if he could properly rolls his eyes, he probably would have done that.
---

Jokes!

Anevia faintly smirked at Okatoa and his asking if anyone has any good jokes. "A dwarf walks out of a bar." Zing!
----

Ya put the left foot in~!

The lot of you travel about seventy or so feet into the tight tunnels, about ten feet tall and six feet wide. Eventually, those at the head getting their scouting on, will come across what looked to be an abandoned campsite within a small cavern of thirty feet wide and fourteen feet in height. This smaller cavern appears to have once served as a campsite or temporary lair. A torn bedroll lies next to the cold remains of a fire. A big pile of bones, broken equipment, and rubble lies just past the campsite. The chittering sound becomes stronger from within the mound of junk and general garbage.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-25, 12:57 PM

"Heh. What's the difference between a zombine and a politician?" The cleric calls out in response to Okatoa's inquiry about jokes. If no one immediately spits out the answer, he waits for several wrong guesses before finally saying the answer to the group:

"One is a brainless, wretched, husk that at one point was a man ... the other is just a zombie."

If the joke is well recevied he chuckles lightly to himself as he continues to lead the way for the main group of adventurers and the civilians.

DrK
2015-02-25, 02:29 PM
Fenrir returns to the others describing the scene ahead before Alith nods and waves him back towards the pile. Guard the other end of the chamber. We had best search for any useful supplies, water or food. Gods know how long we shall be down here."

She watches Fenrir out the corner of her eye as she walks over to the pile, spear in hand.

Kittenwolf
2015-02-25, 04:06 PM

"Heh. What's the difference between a zombine and a politician?" "One is a brainless, wretched, husk that at one point was a man ... the other is just a zombie."

"Hey, not bad. How did the first piece of copper wire come about?"

Okatoa will follow beside Alith investigating the center of the room, though keeping more of an eye out for creatures than supplies.

[roll0]

BramsesII
2015-02-25, 05:26 PM
Awnis

The bard laughs at several of the jokes. Perhaps a little bit too loud, as she suddenly realizes that she can hear her laughter echo off the walls. She shuts up immediately. "Aherm..."

When the group comes upon the campsite and Alith moves over to the pile, Awnis looks at Anevia. Her voice drops to a whisper as she addresses the woman. "Can you wait here for a second?" She then carefully lets go of the short-haired woman and draws her whip from her belt as she moves up a few steps behind Alith and Okatoa. She hisses at her sister in Hallit.

"Taru. Heads up. Stay near the wounded. Could be trouble."

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-25, 06:15 PM

"Erm... A coppier piece was sat on by a ...no... um" Alexander mutters a few possible answers to himself but finds that none of them quite make enough sense. Realizing it was distracting him from the task and hand he shrugs. "I dunno... how?"

Kittenwolf
2015-02-25, 06:46 PM

"Erm... A coppier piece was sat on by a ...no... um" Alexander mutters a few possible answers to himself but finds that none of them quite make enough sense. Realizing it was distracting him from the task and hand he shrugs. "I dunno... how?"

"Two Dwarves picked up the same copper piece at the same time."

Phasm
2015-02-25, 06:48 PM
Taru nods to her sister, slowly pulling an arrow from her quiver and fitting it to her string. "Be wary approaching the campsite. There could be more maggots hiding." She can't help but chuckle at Okatoa's joke, although she quickly stifles the sound. Focus on the target, Taru!

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-25, 08:07 PM

"Two Dwarves picked up the same copper piece at the same time.""Ha! Well, I was on the right track at least!" The half-orc chuckles lightly to himself again.

Benson
2015-02-26, 02:59 AM
From out of nowhere, well, technically they came from the garbage heap...but anyways, three giant flatback cockroaches the length of corgis emerged from the pile chittering angrily, almost as if though they were defending their garbage heap, woo, run on sentence.

They hiss and chitter angrily and snap their mandibles at you lot.

Alexander
Alith
Taru
Roach 1
Okatoa
Awnis
Roach 3
Roach 2

Phasm
2015-02-26, 03:11 AM
"Giant roaches!" Taru moves to get a clear line of sight and fires her prepared shot at the closest roach. Ordinarily she wouldn't say something so patently obvious, but Aravashnial probably wants to know what's going on.

Shoot the roaches! If they're demonic or corrupted by demonic energies, Taru gets +2 weapon damage from the Demon Slayer trait.

Damage: [roll1]

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-26, 10:36 AM

At the call out from Taru about giant roaches, Alexander hefts his morningstar and raises his shield as he rushes forward to be of assistance. First giant spiders, then giant maggots, now giant cockroaches ... this was looking to be quite a day full of oversized vermin.

If not able to reach the giant cockroaches in one move then I'll double move. Otherwise:

Move : Up to 30 feet to become adjacent to a foe.
Attack : [roll0]
Damage : [roll1]

Kittenwolf
2015-02-26, 11:18 AM

[OOC] I'm heading to bed now, so I'm posting this slightly early, just assume this happens after Roach 1 :)

Okatoa settled his weight and hefted his hammer as the roaches began to spew forth. Just before charging into the fray he turned his head to the group of wounded "Stay back, yell if you get in trouble, save your bow for anything that gets past us."
Then he was off, roaring, heading for the nearest critter

Charge the nearest roach [40ft charge range]. Power attack
Crit if needed: [roll1]

DrK
2015-02-26, 02:48 PM
Alith hisses a curse as the beasts climb out of the rubbish, moving back to use the reach of her spear to stab at them. Seconds later Fenrir is there stapping in front like a massive whitefurred celestial shield, claws slashing at the beasts...

Alith: long spear [roll0] dam [roll1]

Fenrir move to be in front of Alith (remember 10ft reach for the other ones)
- claw [roll2] dam [roll3] plus [roll4] BLEED

BramsesII
2015-02-26, 04:30 PM
Awnis

Awnis silently curses herself when three roaches burst forth from the garbage. Dammit Awnis, you can't fight these things with a whip! Pick a real weapon for once. She puts her whip back at her belt and is in the process of drawing her sword when the others surge forward to take on the roaches. Seeing the others have the situation well in hand, Awnis steps back towards the three non-combatants and her sister, holding her sword ready to strike in one hand.

Move action to put whip away
Move action to draw sword
5 ft step back towards the three non-combatants

Kittenwolf
2015-02-26, 08:22 PM

Okatoa looks distastefully at the cockroach ichor as his companions kill the other two. He dismisses his hammer, watching the gore fall to the ground, then re-summons it again, nice and clean, and starts surveying the area for more critters or potentially anything useful.

"So, An elf, a human and a dwarf are all enjoying drinks in a tavern when each notices a fly in their glass.
The elf places his napkin over the glass and pushes it off to the side.
The human removes the fly and keeps drinking.
The dwarf pulls out the fly and starts yelling, "Spit it out, ya bastard! Spit it out!"

He turns and grins at their Elven civilian, then realises he won't be able to see it "No offense to yer Aravashnal"

[roll0]

DrK
2015-02-27, 02:03 AM
Even as the eidolon chuckles away Alith looks at Okatoa with a confused expression, golden eyes wide and confused. What is the joke Master Okatoa?

Benson
2015-02-27, 02:13 AM
Those poor poor cockroaches, just protecting their stash, you monsters :smalltongue:

But yes, the giant roaches were felled quite quickly and had a bit of a stink going on. Horus made a face as he stared at the gross ichor and some of the post mortem twitching of legs and antennae. "Ew....this is as worst as the maggots....perhaps even more worse." He wrinkled his nose and glanced away.

Arav just sort of twitched the corner of his lips after the little skirmish was over from the sounds of it. "Ahem well...yes, that is over with, good work." As for Anevia, she had a look of disinterest and came off unfettered about some big bugs.
---

Moving on..

Arav made a strained motion of trying to roll his eyes a bit at the joke, though it looked more like he had an eye twitch going on. Horus snorted in minor amusement. "I've heard me that one before, I'd wager I would have the same reaction as the elf though."

A fine search of the campsite and rubble would turns up a torn bedroll, three candle stubs (each looking to be able to burn for 30 minutes), a bent fishhook, 10 feet of badly frayed hemp rope. As for Okatoa, in his perceptive-y search he would come across a copper brooch depicting a bat perched on a mushroom, with both of the bat’s eyes are tiny amethysts.

If Okatoa flashed it to the group, Horus would curiously squint his eyes and ask if he could see it for a second.

If not, well the above doesn't occur.

Phasm
2015-02-27, 02:25 AM
Taru approaches cautiously and helps Okatoa search the campsite, since she has a light and all. "Awnis and I have our own gear that is in better condition than this." She describes their meager findings for Aravashnial's benefit. "Do any of you want an old bedroll? There's no telling who or what slept in it last, but there is also no telling when we will get back to Kenabres proper."

Perception, because I can: [roll0]

BramsesII
2015-02-27, 09:13 AM
Awnis

Satisfied that there are no further threats to be spotted, Awnis sheathes her sword as she walks back to the group. She chuckles a bit at Okatoa's joke, but doesn't really comment on it. She does respond to Horus' comment, however. "Don't worry, I bet we haven't seen the worst of it yet. With small things like this you can get used to it before we run into the really icky stuff." She grins at the man. "But as you can see, our little party is more than skilled enough to handle themselves." She looks at Anevia and Aravashnial and is about to say something when she hears Taru saying something about a bedroll.

"Perhaps we should bring that bedroll. Somehow I think we'll need to sleep at least once before we get out of here, and sleeping on the cold floor is not recommended. Especially if you are wounded. Maybe some of us would share a bedroll if you don't mind sleeping very snugly." She nods at Aravasnial and Anevia, then turns around to her sister, speaking in Hallit.

"We'd better bring it Taru. Somebody's going to need it."

Finally, walking over to the short-haired woman, she offers her support again. "I imagine we'll be on our way again soon. D'you need a hand again?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-28, 01:31 AM

"It's good to see that a bit of humor can still shine through on even the darkest situations" Alexander comments at the newest joke while trying to think of another one for himself. He wasn't particularly good at this sort of thing, he normally only remembered that he knew a joke after someone else had told it, but he wracked his brain none-the-less. Helping usher the wounded into the long-abandoned campsite, he casts another light spell above them that it might provide a bit better way to search the area (and be sure there were no more bugs lurking about).

"I've got a blanket as well that could be used, and if we need to stop for the night we'd likely set up a watch rotation so at least one person should always be in rotation. That should help from thinning out the supplies too much" The half-orc helps gather up the items they had found while making conversation. "Of course, one could simply say that it'd be in our best interest to not have to rely on sleeping in this hole...hah"

Kittenwolf
2015-03-01, 04:18 AM
Note: Don't quite have time for a full post, but Okatoa will show the badge to Horus if he wants to see it.

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-01, 09:50 AM

"Everyone set to move on?"

Benson
2015-03-01, 12:07 PM
In regards to the brooch, it does not seem to be related to any deity or demonlord as far as Taru can tell, nor did it seem there was anything more of interest to be found in this small chamber. Horgus shuffled over to Okatoa and plucked the brooch from the half giant's fingers. "Hmmm, oh my....it is a bit....well its craftmanship could be a little better...but...I wager you could fetch a pretty sail for this...two hundred gold coins I'd wager, probably more if you can find someone interested in bat paraphernalia." Horus eyed at the brooch a bit more before hesitatingly handing back to Okatoa. "Anyways, well, I am more than ready to move on." He nodded at Alexander.

After everyone scavenged whatever they needed, if they wanted to, the group moved on, traveling on down the tunnel as once again they would be presented with two choices in a small chamber. The path continued on up ahead but there was also another path that looked to parallel of the tunnel they just squeezed out of.

Continue on straight ahead, or check out the other path of the opposite direction?

BramsesII
2015-03-01, 05:46 PM
Awnis

As they make their way through the tunnels, Awnis tries to make small talk with Anevia (whether she is still supporting the woman or not) and Horgus. After all, might as well get to know the people you're stuck underground with. When they reach the new path, she addresses the others in the group. "So, d'we keep going or do we turn back to see what we missed? I'd say we have a look what's in the other tunnel. With a bit of luck we'll happen on some more supplies so we can hold out a bit longer down here if necessary."

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-01, 07:01 PM

"Lead on then... so long as we keep moving." The cleric says, looking down one tunnel for a moment and then turning his attention to the other. Neither of them seem to hold more promise than the other at this point so he didn't have much of an opinion on the situation. Maybe his head was still reeling from the fall down here... maybe...

Phasm
2015-03-02, 08:03 PM
Taru sniffs the air, listens for a bit, then shrugs. "I cannot smell a difference in the air, or hear any breeze. One way is as good as another to me."

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-02, 08:17 PM

"Likely a long way to go before we start feeling fresh air." The cleric says in a dry, almost defeated, voice.

Benson
2015-03-03, 01:23 PM
Following along down the other tunnel, it would come to feel about the same in length as the tunnel they had just come out of, it too opens up into a small cavern. A stone ledge juts out at a right angle on the south wall of this cavern, fourteen feet off the ground. The leather strap of a backpack hangs from the edge of the ledge, while above, a narrow fissure yawns up into the dark.

You successfully scale the slippery rock surface to retrieve the pack. The pack itself is a masterwork backpack that contains 10 days of trail rations, a flint and steel, a set of caltrops, two flasks of oil, a bundle of 12 arrows and two unmarked potions.

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-03, 02:44 PM

"Anyone here fancy themselves a climber?" The cleric says pointing out the scrap of leather strap hanging from the ledge above.

BramsesII
2015-03-03, 05:59 PM
Awnis

When Alexander calls out for a climber, Awnis has already helped Anevia to sit down so that the bard can go take a look. "Sit tight. I won't be long." She also leaves her backpack next to the woman before moving up to the cliff. Then, she hums a quick tune, renewing her light spell with another casting.

"Hmm... Too steep for me." She stands there pondering for a moment, then has a brilliant idea when looking at Okatoa. "Hey, Taru, how about you climb onto the big guy's shoulders. Think you could reach the pack that way?"

Phasm
2015-03-03, 09:32 PM
Taru looks up and grimaces slightly. "That will not be an easy task in my armor." She turns to Okatoa. "Do you feel that you can support my weight? If so, I am willing to try; otherwise, I have a rope and grappling hook in my pack."

Kittenwolf
2015-03-03, 10:33 PM

Okatoa rolls his eyes "I'll try not to take that as an insult. And if you'd rather we do that than I just climb up..."

He shrugs his pack onto the ground and makes a stirrup from his hands, nodding to Taru. When she puts her foot in his hands he easily lifts her up to his shoulders, letting her stand on his shoulders while he steadies her.

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-03, 11:15 PM

"And there we have it..."

Benson
2015-03-04, 11:24 AM
And so after the bag was retrieved and its contents looked over, the group was on their way again. If by chance they continued to follow this tunnel, it would lead back to the massive chamber they first began in, so yes, moving forward.

Ah yes, and so our intrepid group continued on, heading out back and into the other tunnel after dealing with the pack diversion and nabbing some goodies. They pressed forward down the tunnels, the claustrophobic atmosphere squeezing down against our heroes. The dank smell of earth, filling nostrils. They come across another small chamber with several mounds of rock lie in heaps in this cavern, recently fallen from the walls and ceiling. Now and then, bits of dust settle from cracks in the stone above. The only thing of note was the body of a palescaled cave viper that got crushed from the debris. The tunnel continues on for, those counting, 1,500 feet of rough terrain and debris in which Horus was more than glad to declare how his feet were hurting and about a stone stabbing him in his shoes. But yes, cue montage of the group helping navigate each other around, helping another climb up short ledges, maybe some folks falling on their bums, kicking up dust, Arav sure did once in a while fall and sported his usual grumpy face. Cue squeezing and sidling through narrow passages that proved tough but not impassable for one like Okatoa.

In what felt like forever, or twenty five or so minutes, the group would come at what looked to be the end of the tunnel, sorta. North of them was a 5-footwide opening in the wall leading who knows where, though there was a faint green glow from within. But anyways, in this large cavern, a single sizable 20-foot-tall building remains in the center of this 30-foot-high cave, a bunkerlike structure with no windows and walls of worked stone blocks. A 10-foot-long carving of a hammer decorates the building’s facade. The ruins of collapsed outbuildings stand to either side. Anevia looked up the structure with furrowed brows and her fisted hand over her chest, her mind looking to be elsewhere.

You recognize the hammer carved here to the symbol of Torag, dwarven god of the forge, among other things.

If one were to try to open the heavy stone door, they would find it stuck, a Strength Check DC 15 is required to force it open.

Kittenwolf
2015-03-04, 11:36 AM

As the party wandered on after collecting the pack (and asking if anyone could identify the potions), Okatoa tried to keep up the jokes, figuring that even if people were groaning at bad jokes they weren't screaming at the dark (or bitching about their feet).
"How do you know if a Dwarf has raided your store?"

When they come to the strange bunker he'll give people a couple of minutes to identify anything interesting (during which time he'll form his own hammer into a visual replica of the one on the door, just in case) he'll try to force the door open, grunting in surprise at the resistance.

[roll0]
Wow, that was miserable. Anything stopping me from just trying again until I get it?

BramsesII
2015-03-04, 05:26 PM
Awnis

As the party makes their way through the tunnels, Awnis tries to strike up a conversation with Anevia (who is possibly still leaning on her shoulder), in order to find more about the short-haired lady.

"So, d'you come here often?"

When Okatoa comes up with another riddle, she ponders for a moment before answering.

"How do you know if a Dwarf has raided your store?"

"I don't know... Ale your merchandise is missing?" The bard giggles at her own horrible pun.

~~

When the group makes their way bunker Awnis tries to remember anything about the symbols she sees before her. Unfortunately, she completely fails to recollect anything relevant. She shakes her head. "Hmm... Doesn't ring a bell. Anyone see anything familiar?"

Phasm
2015-03-04, 11:40 PM
Taru takes a good look at the enormous carving, then slowly shakes her head. "If the carving has any significance, it is something that I do not know." She is painfully aware that there are a great many things she does not know about the world outside the Realm of the Mammoth Lords and killing demons.

Given Okatoa's offended expression when she asked him if he could lift her, Taru leaves the half-giant to struggle with the door by himself. If he asks, she'll help, but until then the hunter takes the opportunity to renew her light spell. That done, she starts investigating the ruined buildings for anything interesting.

Kittenwolf
2015-03-05, 12:21 AM

Awnis
"I don't know... Ale your merchandise is missing?" The bard giggles at her own horrible pun.

"Nah, only the bottom shelves are missing"

He frowns at the door and kneels down, hoping that maybe pushing directly rather than down will help..

After a minute of shoving he finally gives up. "I think it's sealed or jammed or something, anyone have a crowbar or am I just bashing it down?"

Here's a few rolls, lets see how long it takes...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Mother of glod the dice do NOT like me

Benson
2015-03-05, 03:06 AM
Awnis' Inquiry

"Hauh?...Uhm, no....I cannot say that I frequent lost tunnels and caverns beneath Kenabres," Anevia quietly chuckled only wincing a few times. During their conversation and traveling, Horus could be seen occasionally glancing at Anevia when she wasn't looking and gave her the stink eye. Arav would keep to himself and perma-scowl though he did give a small thanks to Taru whenever she helped him move over rough terrain.
--

Presently

Okatoa would push and push, but the durn stone door remained as still as a....well..rock. Ahem. Anevia, wanting to show to this good group of folk that even with her hobbled self, that she could still be helpful (that and she was curious at what was inside), hobbled over to join Okatoa in pushing the heavy door opened. When Awnis came to join in, Anevia flashed a small smile as then with a big uuuuurrrgh and oooooooooffff, the stone door loudly scraped against the also stone floor and opened up. Horus curiously advanced in to their area, probably wanting to see what the hubbub was about.

"Huh?....What is going on? What was that.......Taru?" Arav called out with a slight grimace at the loud sound. "Great....I am pretty sure everything in these gods-forsaken tunnels heard that."
--

In Taru's investigation in the surrounding area, amongst the ruined outbuildings, she would come across the grotesque sight of a half alive bloated giant fly partially crushed from some rubble. It most likely fell due to the shenanigans that happened earlier and by chance hit this thing. It twitched violently as if though trying to attack Taru despite its handicapped self partially under the rubble state.

Inside the shrine

A stone bench lines the southern wall of this chamber. At the far side of the room, a basin of water sits atop a stone pedestal. A stone door engraved with an image of a hammer stands to the north. Anevia would be seen getting a despondent look in her eyes as she took in the whole moment. She cast her eyes to the ground and clutched her shoulder, looking to be in dreary thought.

BramsesII
2015-03-05, 05:27 PM
Awnis

"Nah, only the bottom shelves are missing"

Awnis chuckles at Okatoa's joke. "Makes sense. Wouldn't a prepared dwarven burglar bring a footstool, though? And what if you're a footstool salesman? You really have to take these possibilities into account."

"Hauh?...Uhm, no....I cannot say that I frequent lost tunnels and caverns beneath Kenabres,"

The bard laughs. "Well, you know... it's possible. Didn't think so though. It's all relatively new to me here."

Inside the shrine

A stone bench lines the southern wall of this chamber. At the far side of the room, a basin of water sits atop a stone pedestal. A stone door engraved with an image of a hammer stands to the north. Anevia would be seen getting a despondent look in her eyes as she took in the whole moment. She cast her eyes to the ground and clutched her shoulder, looking to be in dreary thought.

Having pushed open the door together with Okatoa and Anevia, Awnis looks around in the chamber for anything that strikes her as unusual. "Hmm..." She rubs her chin as she ponders, trying to remember if she knows anything about this symbol, especially the hammer.

Knowledge (History or whichever you feel is appropriate, they're all equally high except for Arcana with is +6 instead of +2): [roll0]

When she notices Anevia's expression out of the corner of her eye, she turns to the woman. "Are you alright? Do you know anything about this place?"

Phasm
2015-03-05, 06:37 PM
Taru jumps slightly as she comes across the half-squished giant fly, and again when the giant door scrapes open. "I hope that was the door and not more trouble coming!", she calls to the rest of the group. Eyeing the trapped fly, the hunter nocks an arrow to her bow and carefully lines up a shot to its head. It may be disgusting, but it doesn't deserve a slow death.

Once the insect has stopped moving, she returns to the party. "All I found was a giant fly, half-crushed under the rubble. It's dead now, don't worry." If she hasn't heard anyone else doing so, Taru describes the scene inside the shrine for Arav.

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-05, 10:52 PM

"The crest of Torag... smith lord of the dwarves?" Alexander says, a hint of question creeping into the half-orc's voice. It wasn't entirely odd of course to come across the signs of dwarves and their marks on the world in the dark and deep places of the world... but here? He had know reason to know what such structures were doing here beneath the city but it certainly piqued his interest. His thoughts are broken by another joke, and while he thinks on it for a moment he once again finds himself at a bit of a loss. But when Okatoa reveals the answer he once against chortles with a chuckle.

= = =

Laying eyes on the half-crushed bloated fly the cleric curls his lip slightly in a bit of disgust. "Rocks fall... everyone dies." He comments dryly.

Benson
2015-03-06, 01:34 PM
As for the hammer image inside, it looks like the same one from outside.

"Hauh? Oh uh...don't uhm..worry about it uhm," Anevia glanced off to the stone bench. "My uhm...my leg is just bothering me more than usual....I'm just going to rest on the bench for a bit." She faintly smiled shifting her glance to Awnis for a moment.

"Hmmph...you're just going to end up slowing us down...I just know it, maybe a certain person ought to...oh I don't know, split off for the betterment of the group." Horus muttered as he glanced around the small antechamber. When he spoke, Anevia clenched her right hand into a fist and then exploded.

"Listen here you rat of a man, I'm not surprised that a man afraid to acknowledge his own faith wouldn’t be moved by a forgotten temple like this, and being ashamed of one’s faith is as bad as worshiping demons!"

Horus looked at her in surprised, confused about this random choice of words to yell at him with that felt context-less, but that moment quickly became one filled with his own anger. "Hah, how ironic it is to be chided by a thief of all people," He said contemptuously. "Don't think I don't know about you girl, it took a while, but I remembered." He said smugly. Anevia then fell into black, silent anger at this, her eyes narrowing as she glanced away and quietly held it in. "Hmmph...anyways....let us continue on or whatever."

--

And just as he said that, loud scraping noises were heard from behind the other stone door leading further into this little shrine...

Sidenote: Alexander once he joined in and entered the shrine with the others, he would get a sense from the basin, that the tiny pool of water that still remained, that it was holy water, enough for two doses.

BramsesII
2015-03-06, 05:57 PM
Awnis

Awnis is quiet as Horus and Anevia accuse each other of various things, listening to the accusations. She keeps her eyes mostly on Anevia, trying to gauge the woman's reactions to Horus' words. The two are done and Awnis is about to speak up when she hears the loud scraping noises. She puts her backpack down and her hand reaches for her longsword. "Right. We'll have to postpone your little discussion, mister Gwem. Sounds like there's something on the other side of that door. It probably heard you arguing."

She looks at the others in the group as she draws her sword. "Get ready for something to burst through that stone." She then shouts something in Hallit as well.

"Taru, trouble! Get the elf over here with the other non-combatants so we can protect them better."

Phasm
2015-03-06, 06:47 PM
"Come on, Aravashnial! Trouble's coming!" Taru hustles the blind elf over to join Anevia and Horus. Standing between them and the door, she draws another arrow and nocks it to her string.

Kittenwolf
2015-03-07, 12:29 AM

Okatoa looks at the pair arguing "Here's a thought. Shut up and pretend that you're all best friends until we get out of here, we don't know how long we'll be stuck with each other and nobody, no matter how injured or annoying, is being left behind."

At the sounds on the other side of the door and the others readying for trouble, Okatoa hefts his hammer and moves to the front of the doorway, far enough to have room to swing but close enough that anything will have to engage him before getting through.
"Oi! Whoever you are on the other side of the door, friend or foe?"

Benson
2015-03-09, 12:13 AM
Anevia did not say anything like she was doing already and just kept her eyes cast to the side, brows furrowed.

"Listen you-" Horus began but then cut himself off when he himself heard the sounds from behind the interior door. Okatoa would not find himself with answer, at least not one of yes or no. Only a continued scraping sound from the other side.

Then silence.

Horus glanced at everyone. "Well...I am not going in there." Then he squeezed himself between those in the small antechamber and exited stage right. A groan sounded and then silence again. If anyone checked the door, they would not find it locked, it did not even look to have a locking mechanism on it.

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-09, 01:27 AM

"Anyone have an extra waterskin or perhaps a flask I could use? The water in the basin here has been purified and blessed... could come in handy down here or if nothing else in the fight against evil to come." He checks around the area for something that might serve as a suitable vessel for the holy water while the others check their gear or respond. He could hear that tensions were rising between some of the injured...well, mostly with the one fellow... but he was more focused on the task at hand than the petty squabbles that came up during these sorts of situations. He realizes that he hand't been in "these sorts of situations" and begins to wonder why he thought that but his thoughts are interrupted by the calling out about noises through the door.

Kittenwolf
2015-03-09, 02:02 AM

Okatoa reaches into his pack and pulls out a large waterskin, taking a drink before pressing it into Arav's hand "Take a drink, then hold it out for someone else." he raises his voice slightly, talking to the other injured "Everyone take a drink, once it's empty, hand it to Alexander for refilling."

Once that is done and the skin refilled with holy water he will stand in front of the door, hammer at the ready. "Okay, everyone ready, someone get the door for me."

BramsesII
2015-03-09, 03:18 AM
Awnis

The bard nods. "Ready." She steps forward, clutching her sword as she reaches for the door. "Taru, Alexander, you ready?"

Once both of them confirm Awnis tries to open the door, stepping aside as she does so.

Benson
2015-03-09, 01:20 PM
Anevia and Arav take a sip as the door is then opened. Inside it was about a twenty by twenty room. Broken stone benches line this narrow room. The air is cold and stale, and thick layers of dust cover the floor, benches, and a large altar at the far end of the room. Sitting on one of the benches closest to the alter and facing it, back against you lot, is a short stocky figure clad in a thick dusty robe and hood covering its head. There was a strong smell of decay and mold.

Kittenwolf
2015-03-09, 03:51 PM

Wrinking his nose, Okatoa took a step into the room and addressed the figure in a slightly gruff voice (though well short of rude) "Hello? Can you hear us? This place is not safe, the city has been attacked by demons."

His hammer is kept at the ready however. If this figure is alive, what has it been eating and drinking down here?

BramsesII
2015-03-09, 04:28 PM
Awnis

Noting that Okatoa is not charging in, she sheathes her blade and peers around the corner to see the figure. She watches quietly as the half-giant addresses the hooded figure. Involuntarily, her hand goes to her whip.

Phasm
2015-03-09, 11:22 PM
Taru steps forward enough to get a good look at the newly revealed room. She narrows her eyes at the sight of the short figure- a dwarf? -and silently calls upon Pulura's power to reveal hidden evil. Are you an innocent who became trapped here, or are you one of the hungry dead?

Benson
2015-03-10, 03:52 AM
The figure made a strained groan sound as Okatoa spoke. It suddenly lurched forward toward the shrine and turned its head over its shoulder, its mouth hangs open in a silent scream. Well, at least until it let out a terrible shrieking sound. It then quickly made an about turn in a threatening manner,

Upon inspection one would see this thing to be sporting rotting vestments hanging across the withered flesh of this walking corpse.

Initiative

Okatoa
The Thing
Awnis
Alexander
Anevia (mayhaps)
Taru
Arav (mayhaps)

Kittenwolf
2015-03-10, 07:11 AM

Okatoa did a double take as the.. thing.. turned around and readied his hammer.

Readying an action until it does something hostile. Which seems pretty much inevitable but you know, maybe..

Power Attack!
Attack [roll0]
Crit confirm if needed [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Benson
2015-03-10, 11:15 AM
The creature lurched at the first thing its field of vision was caught on, and in this case, the half-giant who took up a lot of space, exaggeratedly speaking. It lurched forward with his nasty claws and.....got whack-a-moled for its troubles. Okatoa's mind hammer came down upon it and actually pushed its head down a bit into its body. But it was still coming!

It attempted to raze its claws at Okatoa', though with its head pushed down in its body, it looked more like it was flailing about and totally swished air as Okatoa stepped back, it was almost comedic after its dramatic introduction. Anevia couldn't help but chuckle, and Arav...well, boy, you're missing out.
-

Next!

<It now has a -2 to its AC due to having had drawn the Awkward Attack fumble card>

BramsesII
2015-03-10, 04:56 PM
Awnis

Finding herself without a weapon in her hand, Awnis immediately grabs her whip in one hand as she steps aside to put a little distance between herself and the thing while still keeping a clear line of attack to the monstrosity. She lashes out with the weapon, attempting to snag it behind one of the legs of the creature so that she may cause it to lose balance and fall.

Move action to draw whip
5 ft step to a position where she's not threatened by the thing but where she does have clear line of effect
Standard action to trip:

CMB: [roll0]

Phasm
2015-03-10, 06:40 PM
Most definitely one of the hungry dead. Taru looses an arrow at the undead dwarf, the missile just managing to miss Okatoa and Awnis.

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-10, 10:55 PM

Alexander slinks along near the rear of the group, he was more that happen to let the giant form of Okatoa lead the way as they drove their way through the dark passes of the below. Slipping into the room and trying to catch of the shape around those in front of him and when the thing turns around he mutters a few expletives under his breath. Pushing his way past the others he tries to take advantage of the creatures poor start to combat.

Action Attack the 'Thing'

Benson
2015-03-11, 03:31 AM
Awnis lashed out at the undead sort of creature with her whip, only to find herself catching quite a bad whiff of the creature. Her aim found itself off, the whip slow as the creature stepped back in time. Alexander stepped in and attacked the creature with his morningstar just as Anevia nocked her arrow. Her leg then at that moment decided to start throbbing badly distracting her from her concentration as she then let the arrow release only for it to barely strike Alexander's weapon instead, his aim thrown off.

"Shi--..Sorry!" She said with a frown which then turned into annoyance with herself. However, Taru herself would find her arrow to hit true as her arrow found itself making a pincushion out of this undead abomination. It found itself in the thing's chest as it itself seemed to be slowing down, its movements shakey. Arav withheld his action confused at what was happening.

"What is going on? What made that awful noise?"

Okatoa, yer up, finish it off.

Kittenwolf
2015-03-11, 09:23 AM

Arav withheld his action confused at what was happening.

"What is going on? What made that awful noise?"

"It's some kind of half rotted.. thing? Undead maybe?" Okatoa hefted his hammer and brought it around for another swing.

Attaaaaaaack! [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage! [roll2]

Benson
2015-03-11, 11:47 AM
And so the undead-type looking creature was felled, its rotted body crumpled to the ground, head smushed, oh gods, the stink was even worse now.

A search on its body would reveal two grime covered potions of cure light wounds, at least assumed by the red plus symbol on the vials. On one nasty undead finger there was a gold ring. A search around the temple interior would show a thickly dust addled warhammer, clearly untouched for who knows how long. There was enough dust to give someone allergies. Also, looking to have been tossed aside, discarded, collecting dust as well, was what appeared to a holy symbol of Torag, the same hammer design as seen on the shrine before, the sort of symbols used by clerics. Further searching around the room reveals nothing much else.

Kittenwolf
2015-03-11, 11:52 AM

"Ugh. Well, at least it's not moving now. I swear, one of the best things about a magically created weapon is not needing to clean the damned thing after crushing.. whatever that was.

He'll walk over and pick up the Warhammer, and just for the hell of it loop the holy symbol around it, just in case something happens.
If not, he'll shrug and ask who wants them.

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-11, 12:29 PM

"Ugh, indeed" Alexander grunts as his companion puts an end to the creature's unlife with a solid blow. He curls his lip upward at not only the smell but at the realization that the thing had once been a pious and devoted dwarven cleric of the cloth. Looking aroud a bit, the half-orc takes note of the various symbols of the man's faith to Torag and decides to inquire further about the warhammer. Sliding his own morning star into his belt he hefts the hammer and tries to get a good feel for the weight and craftsmanship by giving it a few light swings.

= = =

Assuming nothing else stops him from doing so. Once he's looked over the hammer the cleric will also scoop up the discarded holy symbol and inspect it.

BramsesII
2015-03-11, 05:11 PM
Awnis

While Okatoa is busy with the hammer, and Alexander with the holy symbol Awnis decides to pick up the potions and inspects them. "Hmmm. The symbol on this suggests these are healing potions. Does anyone want to check if that's indeed what we're dealing with here?" When someone agrees to take a look at the potions, Awnis hands them over and she walks over to her sister, putting a hand on the taller woman's shoulder. She addresses her in Hallit, a slight smile on her features.

"Nice shooting sis. As always."

Then, she walks over to Arav and Anevia. She offers the woman a smile as well. "Thanks for the aid, miss. Can't be easy getting a good shot when standing is this hard." She looks around. "Where's the other guy? Did he run off somewhere?"

Phasm
2015-03-11, 11:28 PM
Taru smiles at Awnis. It's always nice to have one's talents acknowledged. She replies in the same language.

"Thank you. I'll see if I can detect any magic on those, they might have lost their power after so much time."
Reaching up to her pendant once more, the hunter chants a short prayer in an archaic dialect, asking Pulura to reveal magic to her.

Casting detect magic.

Benson
2015-03-12, 03:39 AM
Alas, nothing happened when the warhammer and holy symbol touched except that now the world implodes and Rovagug is released from his prison and now has free reign in destroying the rest of the universe, good job ;P

For Alexander, it had a good weight to it, wasn't masterwork quality but it was still a good weapon, putting two and two together about this being a shrine to Torag, well former shrine, this was probably what one would refer to as the favored weapon of this particular god. The holy symbol of Torag was of good quality underneath its own layer of dust, seemed to have a silver quality to it, there was a dullness.

"I tried...didn't work out but I tried..." Anevia wanly smiled. "Uhm..well he did squeeze out from among us when we were in the antechamber. So he is probably outside."

"Mmm...I could help identify the potions...if not for my condition.." Arav grimaced when the thing about the potions was brought up. "Anyways, good job you guys in killing...whatever it was you were fighting, I would like to exit, the smell is getting to me."

Taru upon her detecting if these potions really were magical and not some sort of sugar water would find these potions to be indeed magical. Also, in her casting of the cantrip, she would notice a great amount of magical energy in the elf and also of course rather strong magic radiating from each fellow party member, the dragon scales they carried to be exact.

BramsesII
2015-03-12, 04:06 PM
Awnis

The young bard nods at Anevia and smiles. "Don't worry about it. You didn't accidentally hurt anyone, so it's all good." She looks around for Horus. "I think I'm going to check on mister Gwem. Who knows what else is crawling around down here." She turns around and is about to walk outside when she realizes something. Turning back to Anevia, she arches a brow. "Actually, why'd he call you a thief?" She waits for a moment, giving Anevia time to answer her question.

Once satisfied with the crippled archer's answer, Awnis turns around and heads outside of the shrine to look for Horus. "Mister Gwem, where are you? The danger's past!"

Phasm
2015-03-13, 12:44 AM
Taru looks over at Arav. "Could you perhaps identify them by smell? Or would opening them and recorking them affect the magic?" She guides him back out of the smelly chapel as she speaks.

Benson
2015-03-13, 12:43 PM
Anevia froze for a moment when Awnis asked why Horus called her a thief. She swallowed hard and glanced away. "I'd rather not talk about it right now.." She frowned and shuffled on to go collect her arrow, she grimaced as she picked it up and noticed the arrowhead was chipped from the impact with Alexander's weapon.
-

Outside, Horus would be found hanging the small tunnel passed by a few moments ago. He seemed to be prodding around it and then looked up behind him upon noticing he was having company. "You, I take no one died correct? Well any whom, hmm, I couldn't find any other passages aside from this one, though it is looking to be a tight squeeze, I do wonder though what that glowing is, hmm."
--

"No, the potion would still retain its properties but....I don't know if I am confident enough to identify potions from smell alone, spell crafting...it is a process." He frowned in annoyance with himself as he and Taru would find themselves back outside of the small shrine. "Well, I could try."

BramsesII
2015-03-14, 04:02 AM
Awnis

"I'd rather not talk about it right now.."

The girl nods, her expression turning from smile to serious. "Sure. I can understand that. You're more of a get out of here first, answer questions later kind of woman, I take it?"

~~

Outside the shrine

"You, I take no one died correct? Well any whom, hmm, I couldn't find any other passages aside from this one, though it is looking to be a tight squeeze, I do wonder though what that glowing is, hmm."

She frowns at the man. "Actually, they're all dead. Turns out there was an army of demons behind that door. It's just you and me now, I suggest we run." She pauses shortly to take a breath.

Bluff check! [roll0]

Then, a grin forms on Awnis' face. "Just kidding. Yes, no one died. You can call me Awnis, though. If you go around calling everyone "you" everything is going to get confusing very quickly. Plus, it's not very nice, Horus." She narrows her eyes at the man. "If we're to get out of here, we should at least try to get along." Then, she walks over to him and looks at the tunnel he was prodding around in. "Let me have a look." The young bard takes a look down the tunnel, humming a little tune causing her eyes to light up with magic.

Detecting magic to see if the glow is magical.

While peering into the tunnel, she tries to keep the conversation going, hoping that asking the right questions would make the man at least somewhat friendly. "So, that little discussion in there earlier. Why'd you call miss Anevia a thief?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-14, 10:53 AM

Alexander hooks the warhammer into his belt opposite of where his morningstar hangs normally. The weapon wasn't anything remarkable but it never hurt to have a back up plan especially in a situation such as this. He looks the holy symbol over for a moment before slipping it into one of the pouches on the belt at his waist. Perhaps once they've returned to the surface he'd inquire about a temple to Torag and see about giving them the items. Giving the room another look over, the cleric decides that their time here is done and he turns his attention back to the group.

"I dont think I'd worry myself too much with any slander thrown my way by that man anyway." He comments on the whole situation regarding the calling of Anevia a thief. "He's not proved himself to be much of an asset as of yet and his complaining or snootiness far outweighs anything he's contributed."

He follows out of the room and arrives just after Awnis finishes her comments to Horus.

Phasm
2015-03-15, 12:04 AM
"If you're not confident, let's just keep them and wait until later." Taru tucks the vials into her belt pouch. She and Arav exit in time to hear Horus' last remark. "Glowing?" The hunter looks around, eyes narrowed.

Benson
2015-03-16, 01:18 AM
w/Anevia

"Yea...maybe you're right..." Anevia quietly muttered mostly to herself as then Alexander made for exiting the shrine, she hobbled after him and exited the shrine as well and caught Horus's last line, well more his question.

Presently

"I know what your name is, you were the only other out here at that moment so I did not see the chance for confusion as you put it," Horus grumbled to himself as he looked over Awnis as she herself peered into the tight squeeze of a tunnel.

"I called her a thief because she is one, hmmph! She ran with thieves who plotted against me and robbed one of my warehouses." He answered with harumph and his hands at his hips. He throatily growled and then glanced away with his nose up. "Any whom, what do you see in there, you, Awnis?"

The glow itself is not magical but of mundane properties as it would seem.

When Taru appeared and poked around, it would turn out to be a type of glowing mold, squishy glowing mold in a small little cavern. Beyond the cave was a larger tunnel that extended on.

Phasm
2015-03-16, 02:13 AM
"Ah, another tunnel!" Thank you, Pulura, ever the guide through the darkness! "It may be a tight fit at first, but it looks like it gets larger farther down."

BramsesII
2015-03-16, 07:11 AM
Awnis

The bard looks at her sister. "This is the only tunnel we haven't seen yet? I'd rather not squeeze through here if it's not necessary." She looks at the others in the group. "You and I should make it easily. Same goes for Alexander and Aravashnial. The others... Going to be tricky."

Awnis rubs her chin in thought. "How about this: You and Alexander go first, followed by Aravashnial. Then, we help Horus and Anevia through. Then Okatoa, then my things, and I go last. That way I can give whoever needs it a push." She looks at the group. "That sound good?"

Benson
2015-03-17, 12:12 PM
After everyone agreed eventually the gang would press on, making the tight fit. Anevia kept quiet and sullen throughout the navigation of these tunnels and small caverns they would pass by. Arav occasionally made some comments about factoids on how there was a high probability chance they were traveling through tunnels folks may not have used for decades along with other factoids in the realm of dungeoneering. Horus mostly kept to himself, opting not too look at Anevia and occasionally broke into small debate over some of the legitimacy of some of the factoids Arav was going on about.

The tunnel snaked about for three thousand feet and about forty minutes more or less later they wuld come across a rise going up thirty feet. They would come across a huge cavern, about 45 to 50 feet wide and forty five feet at its highest point. Those with darkvision, or a torch/light magic was being put to use still, the lot of you would come across a magnificent sight, poor Arav 8D They would come to see large, fifteen feet tall stone figures carved into the walls of this cavern. Each one depicting a different crusader clad in armor and wielding weapons, but their carved stone features contain expressions of sadness.

Upon examination of the armor worn by the statues you are able to recognize them as soldiers from the First Crusade

BramsesII
2015-03-17, 03:02 PM
Awnis

As they make their way forward, Awnis decides not to offer Anevia help with walking, as the woman is obviously capable of hobbling along without assistance. Instead, the bard hangs to the back of the group, singing a cheerful marching tune to keep everyone's spirits up. She occasionally sends glances towards Horus, Anevia and Taru, trying to catch their gaze to see how they are doing. She's obviously not too worried about the others.

"The day is young
The sun is up
Our march is long
We are marching on...

She occasionally switches to another tune to allow herself time to refresh her light spell.

When they arrive at the statues, Awnis stands still, looking up in wonder. "Woah... That's impressive. I wonder who built these things..."

Knowledge (History): [roll0]

Edit:

After a moment of pondering and staring at the statues, she snaps her fingers. "I know. These are soldiers from the first Crusade... Very nice." She looks at her sister with a proud grin on her face.

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-17, 03:42 PM

Joining the first two outside Alexander peers into the tunnel as well before giving a quick, stern, glance at Horus. He nods slightly to the chubby man, despite the going distaste for his attitude, before casting a renewed spell of light on his shield and attempting to squeeze down the passage way. A half hour or later more when they emerge into the large cavern he holds the shild high to shed better light on the magnificent carvings along the wall. "Warriors of the First Crusade?" the cleric asks curiously, now studying the statues closer. "Any of them that you recognize? I wonder what this place might be that it pays tribute to them ... it must be quite ancient."

Perception : [roll0]

Phasm
2015-03-17, 11:36 PM
Taru recasts her light spell as necessary once they're out of the tight squeeze. She takes a sharp breath in surprise as the enormous statues come into view. "The First Crusade, really? Wow..." The awe in her voice is obvious. "The shrine to Torag says that dwarves must have lived here. I wonder when they put the statues in, and why they abandoned this place?" The hunter pokes around the room, looking for anything else of interest.

Benson
2015-03-18, 12:59 PM
Aravashnial quirked his brows at the mention of the First Crusade, he turned his head in the direction Taru's voice and nodded. "You know, I myself have a theory about the statues. I remember an old legend that after the First Crusade, a group of crusaders who had become infected with Abyssal energies fled into these caverns to raise their deformed children in peace, and that their descendants live on today in the tunnels below the city. When you mentioned the statues, well it brought to my attention things I've read and dabbled with in the past."

Alexander's preoccupation with the statues and taking in their detail, the armor details were quite good if a little worn with some edges dulled and blending in with the stone, anyways, would keep him from noticing anything amiss. However, Taru's keen eyes, glancing up, squinting and narrowing in the dim lighting would catch sight of somethings thick and billowy hanging about on the ceiling presumably. Of course it was hard to tell exactly what it was in the poor lighting that alas light magic would not reach unless one had clever ideas to go about it.

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-18, 02:02 PM

"An entire group of crusaders carrying a taint fled down here to make a living?" The cleric asks curiously. The history of the crusades and their valiant heroes had always interested him; he just didn't have much of a head to retain that sort of lore especially given his upbringing. He had been gifted neither the time nor the coin to focus on any sort of formal book education, so while he had a practical knowledge in getting by on a daily basis, his knowledges were rather limited. "How many of them were there? A small group? Or do you mean like an entire regiment?"

Finding himself distracted by the chatter and with pouring himself over the magnificent statues Alexander slowly makes his way into the room (taking the lit shield with him of course) and is obvious to any billowing items on the ceiling.

Phasm
2015-03-18, 10:14 PM
Taru frowns up at the ceiling. "Odd, there's something sort of thick and billowy-looking up on the ceiling. How to get a light up there..." She pulls out an arrow, makes her way to Awnis' side to take advantage of her sister's light, then recasts her own light spell on the arrow's feathers. "Let's see what we can see. I'm just going to shoot it into the air, keep an eye on the arrow to see what it illuminates along the way!" Fortunately she brought a great many arrows along, since arrows are life to an archer. Taru nocks the glowing arrow, points up at the billowy part of the ceiling, and lets fly.

Kittenwolf
2015-03-19, 10:11 AM

Okatoa looked up at the statues with something like awe on his face "My tribe never made anything like this. It's magnificent. How long must they have taken to build?.."

He trails off, and when Taru mentions the billowing.. things he readies his hammer and watches as her arrow streaks towards the roof.

Perception, just in case [roll0]

BramsesII
2015-03-19, 03:30 PM
Awnis

When Taru mentions something on the ceiling, Awnis looks away from the statues to the ceiling. "Hmmm... Ready Taru." Her gaze follows the arrow as it flies up towards the ceiling.

Benson
2015-03-20, 04:59 AM

"An entire group of crusaders carrying a taint fled down here to make a living?" The cleric asks curiously. The history of the crusades and their valiant heroes had always interested him; he just didn't have much of a head to retain that sort of lore especially given his upbringing. He had been gifted neither the time nor the coin to focus on any sort of formal book education, so while he had a practical knowledge in getting by on a daily basis, his knowledges were rather limited. "How many of them were there? A small group? Or do you mean like an entire regiment?"

"I admit I cannot say, it could have been half a regiment of soldiers, it could have bee--" Arav cut himself off at Taru's comment as she then shot up a lit arrow towards the ceiling. Folks with working eyes would come to see a pair of dark billowy squid-like critters with many tentacles that made an unearthly sound hanging from the numerous stalactite-like forms that littered the cavern ceiling. One of them suddenly dropped towards the group, specifically onto Taru. As the creature falls from the cavern roof, it opened like a hideous octopus, its thin, hook-lined tentacles connected by a fleshy web.

Poor Taru would find herself grabbed by the tentacles tightly after the initial strike <which deals 2 pts of damage> and effectively grappled. <Taru can perform a counter grapple combat maneuver to break out of it, its CMD is 13>

<The creature cannot be hit with an attack of opportunity as it performs the above due to special abilities>

A moment afterward, the second creature dropped to the ground and struck at said ground as it soon radiated outwards a darkness that fought against the light spell magic turning the immediate area into dim lighting.

<20% miss chance in attacking in the effected area which is noted on the map. Roll a percentile dice, 1-20 misses, 21-100 hits>

Ho-Horus
Al-Alexander
Aw-Awnis
Tar-Taru
An-Anevia
Ar-Arav
Ok-Okatoa

C-1 Creature 1 (derped in my program and called it C-1 instead of C-2, but it is a pain in the but to fix it, so C-2 is C-1 now and C-2 is C-1 now xD)

C-2 is currently sharing the same square as Taru in its grapple
http://i.imgur.com/5Vb5yvv.png

"Aaaah, what in the nine hells are those creatures?!" Horus yelled out and wildly pointed at the tentacled creatures that appeared. Anevia gawked for a second at the sudden...everything that just happened and drew out her bow and began to prepare an arrow as she squinted her eyes in the dimly lit area. Arav himself began to reach into a small pouch with one hand and drew abstract shapes in the air as he began to utter and chant some magical language. He did not know what was there but dang was that a horrible noise it made, he was not about to not do anything this time either.

Initiative

Creature 2
Creature 1
Taru
Anevia
Alexander
Arav
Okatoa
Awnis

(I will put the posts in order in my next post)

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-20, 11:42 AM

At the sound of the creatures falling from the ceiling the cleric goes into 'fight mode' and spins on his heels to raise sword and shield alike.

I doubt it applies but if knoweldge religion knows anything about them heres a roll:

Religion : [roll0]

Phasm
2015-03-20, 08:16 PM
Taru shrieks as a mass of tentacled flesh drops down onto her head, squeezing with bruising force. She reaches up with her free hand and tries to pull it off, twisting frantically. It's going to smother me!

I might need that grease spell... come on, dicebot!

CMB to get loose: [roll0]

Kittenwolf
2015-03-21, 10:09 AM

Okatoa did a double take as the.. things.. dropped from the cavern roof, one of them dropping straight onto Taru's head.
"What in the name of?!"

He hefts his hammer and smashes down on the.. thing.. trying to make sure he doesn't hit poor Taru, wrapped up in its tentacles.

Power Attack:
Crit?:

Mischance (low is bad): 1d10

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-21, 10:58 AM

Unable to discern anything of note about the creature, the cleric resorts to the next best plan; keep it from killing them. He charges with his morningstar ready and swings it at the thing.

Move : Adjacent to C-1
Standard : Attack with Morningstar

BramsesII
2015-03-22, 05:06 AM
Awnis

The creatures suddenly drop from the ceiling and Awnis cries out. "GAH!" When one of them lands on Taru and latches onto her, Awnis yells out again. "Taru! HANG IN THERE!" She takes one step back, putting herself between the other creature and Aravashnial, then barks at Anevia. "Anevia, behind me!"

Then, she begins singing as she draws her sword.

Crack that whip
Give the past a slip
Step on a crack
Break their back

When a problem comes along
You must whip it

As she sings, everyone feels emboldened by her sweet voice.

5-ft step to F3
Move action to draw sword
Standard action to activate inspire courage (everyone gains a +1 morale bonus on saves against fear and a +1 competence bonus on attack and damage)

Benson
2015-03-23, 12:39 PM
Taru would find her struggle to release herself to be futile as the squid-like creature wrapped itself tighter around the gal, intending to strangle her to death. Alexander would find himself striking air, though now Taru would find herself free, if now just covered with the gunky flesh of the creature that Okatoa just smashed. It slid off and onto the ground making a squishy sound. As Awnis barked her order at Anevia and then proceeded with singing with her melodious voice pumping everyone up, from the south east of them..a figure appeared in view from around the 'corner'.

"How dare ye keel one of me babies! Ya towerin munster! I'll keel you!" A short and squat, not to mention crusty looking crazy wild eyed dwarf let out a shriek as he collected energy around his right hand. "I won't let ye capture me ya dim crusadin ********s!" Crazy rambling. And then a magic missile flew into the dim light and smacked Okatoa hard against his back. <Okatoa gets struck for 8 pts of damage>

Beginning of Initiative!

Then the still living darkmantle turned to slam itself at the attacking Alexander though the cleric managed to parry it off with his weapon.

Darkmantle
Taru-> Next
Anevia
Alexander
Arav
Okatoa
Awnis
Crazy crusty Dwarf aka ???

http://i.imgur.com/csRd7an.png
--

Anyways, as ye know, go ahead and post y'all, and I shall put dem in dur order.

BramsesII
2015-03-23, 05:50 PM
Awnis

Awnis keeps up her tune, hoping that the inspiration from her song would give the others the incentive to fight even harder. Seeing that Taru has been freed from one of the creatures, she steps forward, holding her sword above her head. She brings it down with a mighty slash, hoping to quickly finish off the second creature.

So, I'm going on the assumption that at least the squiddy is still alive when Awnis is up and that Alexander is still in the same position. If not, I'll adjust my post once everyone's posted (which will be tomorrow)

Free action to maintain inspire courage
5-ft step to E3
Standard action to attack squidsy 1:

Attack (+1 inspire courage, +2 flanking): [roll0]
Damage (+1 inspire courage): [roll1]

Kittenwolf
2015-03-23, 06:41 PM

Okatoa grunted and stumbled, the world spinning as the missiles hit him in the back of the head, his thoughts whirling nearly as badly. 'OUCH. Blasted magic user. I can't take that again.'

He roared and charged the strange Dwarf, swinging his hammer in a huge arc, hoping to take the dwarf off his feet and slam him into the wall.

Mother flubber that hurt!

Note: Numbers one higher than usual due to Inspire Courage.
Dwarf seems to be out of the darkness area, so no mischance.

CHARGE! [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Power Attack! [roll2]

Phasm
2015-03-24, 12:31 AM
Taru gasps for breath as the creature's corpse slides off of her, drawing another arrow from her quiver. "Thank you, Okatoa!" It looks like Awnis and Alexander have the second creature covered, so she turns and shoots at the crazy dwarf. Okatoa killed her attacker, it seems only fair that she help him with his.

Benson
2015-03-24, 01:28 PM
Taru would turn about face, her bow primed and readied as the arrow shot out, the string dramatically rippling, the whole moment slowing down and then fast forwarding quickly as the arrow made a pin cushion out of the crazy mad dwarf right in the chest. Blood pooled around as he glurked and sputtered.

"Ay...ye...ye won't take me ya damned dogs!" The bleeding dwarf shouted in defiance, coughing up blood, as he then looked up from his wound on his chest. His eyes went wide as the last sight he would see was a giant (by his standards) running up towards with his psy hammer.. "Oh crap in me pants."

Glurk. The dwarven body was slammed into the cavern wall a few feet as the body then slumped down leaving a streak of blood as it fell.

Meanwhile a few seconds before that.

Anevia focused her arrow and let it go, unfortunately the durn darkmantle flattened itself down as the arrow hit the cavern wall beyond. She cursed herself again and frowned.

Arav uttered the last few arcane words as from incidentally where Horus was hiding, who let out a surprised yelp by the way, a magical arcane circle glowed on the ground as in a brilliant flash of light a small, roughly humanoid creature of dirt and stone exploded up from the earth, it was faceless save for two glowing gemstone eyes.

Arav will be witholding its action until after Awnis as he asks what is left, what it is and which general area it is at.

When Awnis attempted her slash at the creature, the evasive annoying darkmantle lashed out with a tentacle and parried off her attack, kinda like it was backhanding it. After receiving the information Arav asked for, he he dramatically put his hand up in the air.

"Creature, I summoned thee! Attack the darkmantle creature!" Arav ordered as then the small earth elemental took to a running charge. Thud! thud! thud!...and slammed right into the darkmantle so hard it was shoved back five feet. Unfortunately it was still alive.

Now Alexander's turn.

(If Alexander is not able to finish it off, the darkmantle does spend its turn attacking the earth elemental since it is the current enemy that has its attention, which afterward would bring it back to Taru.)

<the darkmantle has 7 health left and the AC to hit is 15, ooh and dont forget Awnis's sweet bonus>

EE is the Earth Elemental Arav summoned
http://i.imgur.com/HejBVZB.png

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-24, 03:21 PM

Phone post. More to come when I can format.

Move : Adjacent to foe if not already.
Standard : Attack with Morningstar

Attack : [roll0] (Then +1 from Inspire Courage)
Damage : [roll1] (Then +1 from Inspire Courage)

Phasm
2015-03-24, 11:08 PM
Two down, one to go. Taru turns around, drawing another arrow from her quiver as she takes a step back. A moment to aim, and she fires!

5-ft step to F5. Point-Blank Shot action, woo!

Benson
2015-03-25, 02:01 AM
Alexander swung his morningstar at the remaining creature, however again the pesky creature flatted itself to avoid the swing, however on its way to be upright, Taru's arrow struck it hard in its head as it let out a squelching sound. Anevia, she narrowed her eyes as she notched her arrow on her shortbow as Awnis' song filled her ears. She faintly smiled, when a problem comes along, you must whip it indeed. Her arrow fired off and struck the darkmantle giving it the final blow as it became effectively a squishy pincushion, woo.

Whelp, enemies cleared. Success.

Anevia smiled at Taru, and then at Awnis. "Your song was a big help for me Awnis, thank you."

"Is this over already?...Hmmm...so could anyone explain whatever was...shrieking and going on about crusaders?" Arav asked as the small earth elemental stepped heavily over to Horus and made a boogy boogy gesture as the noble yelped. Arav then waved his hand and uttered some arcane words and dismissed the elemental.

If one were rifle through the dwarf's bloody corpse, one would find two different colored potions, two magical scrolls, a dagger, light crossbow with 10 bolts, he wore a silvery cloak with flecks of steel sewn into the fabric, it was quite well made actually, and lastly four pp, eight gp

Kittenwolf
2015-03-25, 02:20 AM

"Is this over already?...Hmmm...so could anyone explain whatever was...shrieking and going on about crusaders?"

Okatoa, still slightly groaning and rubbing the back of his head, carried the Dwarf's remains over to the rest, one oversized hand clutched over its head.

"That'd be this bloody Dwarf. Smashed me in the back of the head with a couple of bolts of light, hurt like a Warhammer to the brain. Course, the little **** won't be doing THAT again."

He dumps the body and starts going through its possessions. "Some weird crap here. Couple of rolled up parchments. Two Potions. A toothpick. Some weird cloak with metal bits sewn in. Crossbow. Drinking money...."

BramsesII
2015-03-25, 05:25 PM
Awnis

"Your song was a big help for me Awnis, thank you."

The bard looks back at Anevia with a big grin on her face. She does a small curtsy before replying. "Glad to hear it, Anevia. I have to say that was some impressive shooting." Then, she turns to the others. "Is everyone alright? That thing didn't hurt you, did it Taru? And whatever that dwarf did to you, it looked quite painful mister Okatoa." She walks over to the half-giant to take a look at the stuff he collected. "Can I see those scrolls? Perhaps they could be useful for us."

While examining the scrolls, she hums a cheerul tune to help her concentrate on the content of the possibly magical scrolls.

Casting Read magic to see what's on the scrolls

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-25, 10:56 PM

"Aye, the danger has passed mister Aravashnial." Alexander says, giving the area a good look over and muttering 'No thanks to me' under his breath. He had always been a bit hard on himself when he faltered in a time of need... though of course there were plenty of reasons that he had missed on his last two swings. "There was a dwarven man. He seemed to be, er, not quite right in the head and was calling those beasts his babies. Who's to say how long he's been living down here with the creatures keeping them as pets or something."

This had been the second poor misguided dwarf they'd stumbled across in only a matter of an hour or so and the half-orc wondered how many other lost souls might be down here. What a poor fate it must be to be alone down here in the dark and slowly driven mad...even a man of the cloth and faith had not held up against the crushing despair this place seemed to emanate.

"Does anyone require healing? He asks the group as he moves toward the fallen dwarf and the giant pouring over it.

Kittenwolf
2015-03-25, 11:08 PM

"There was a dwarven man. He seemed to be, er, not quite right in the head and was calling those beasts his babies. Who's to say how long he's been living down here with the creatures keeping them as pets or something."

"Does anyone require healing? He asks the group as he moves toward the fallen dwarf and the giant pouring over it.

Okatoa points to the back of his head and neck, wincing as he twists, two obvious black and swollen impact marks visible already.
"I'd be more than obliged of some healing, that cursed rock-eating nutjob may have been crazy but his magic was painful"

He sat down heavily next to the pile of stuff taken from the dwarf, causing a dull 'thud'.
He waves at Awnis and the scrolls "Go right ahead, they're just paper to me."

Given that he's barely above 1/4 HP I'd say Okatoa's injuries are pretty obvious :D

Phasm
2015-03-26, 01:09 AM
Taru rubs her neck, taking a few deep breaths. "I am not badly wounded, but the thing did injure me." Her voice is a bit hoarse; evidently the creature's tentacles are very strong indeed. She walks over to where Okatoa and Awnis are examining the corpse. Hmm, this cloak looks interesting. The hunter touches her holy symbol and chants a brief prayer to Pulura, asking her to make magic visible.

Casting detect magic.

Benson
2015-03-26, 02:50 AM
As Awnis magicked away, the scrolls arcane writing would reveal themselves to be scrolls of Resist Energy and the other Shocking Grasp.

"Thank you, though Taru here, now that was impressive shooting," Anevia turned her head at Taru with a small nod and wanly smiled. She then idly reached for her quiver and stroked the remaining single arrow. "Damn, just one arrow left."

The elven Aravashnial stood himself straight and tall, his right hand gripping tightly his staff. "Hmm, well dwarves and their fairly long life spans, it makes me wonder which era of crusaders he was rambling about before his merciful death. Ah well..anyways, I myself am fine in regards to healing." He inquisatively turned his head in the direction his ears told him general activity was a'going on. Horus dusted himself off and straightened himself out and put on airs as if though nothing had happened and that he wasn't hiding in a corner while everyone else fought off those monsters and that dwarf.

He peered off to the side where Okatoa was going over the loot, his eyes went wide at the sight of the PP. "Platinum pieces? What in the world was a wretched creature doing with such sums of money.." He said aloud to himself.

Upon casting Detect Magic, Taru would find that the cloak had quite a strong aura of magic. Though right now, that cloak could have used a good cleaning, dirt and blood...gross.

BramsesII
2015-03-26, 04:28 PM
Awnis

The bard looks at Taru when Anevia praises her archery skills. She shrugs. "Yes, well... but she's special. Has a divine duty and all that. Not like you 'nd I who're just trying to do the right thing." She winks at her sister. Then, she turns to Anevia with a serious expression. "If you're running out of arrows, you should probably stay out of the battles from now on. Hang on to that arrow for emergencies."

When Taru is examining the cloak, Awnis walks over to her and comments on it. "You going to put that on, Taru? It's... rather filthy. Need me to clean it up for you?" Awnis sings a cheerful tune, and suddenly the cloak begins cleaning itself off somehow.

Casting Prestidigitation on the cloak.

Phasm
2015-03-27, 12:35 AM
Taru shifts awkwardly as Awnis mentions her divine duty. Fortunately, there's a distraction handy. "Thank you, Awnis, but I would rather wait and have it identified before wearing it. I can see that it is magical, but there's no telling what kind of magic it is. It might be cursed." She swings her pack off her back and pulls out a handful of arrows. "I packed a great many arrows. Here, Anevia; I know too well what it is like to be an archer with nothing to shoot!" The hunter gives twenty arrows to her fellow archer.

20 of 40 backup arrows given to Anevia. Taru still has 17 in her quiver too. There's no such thing as too much ammunition!

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-27, 09:03 AM

"I wondered that as well." Alexander says in response to the elven man's comments. "Was it merely coincidence that he was here among these statues or could he have been part of those that came down from above to escape the backlash of their taint? If so then how long he must have lived here in the dark with that tinge growing on his mind and soul." The cleric gathers everyone that needs healing close enough and releases a small aura of energy to help with some of the wounds before continuing. "The amount of money he was carrying might elude to the fact that he actually used to be someone of merit."

Channel Energy heals for 4 (rolled in the OOC this morning)

Benson
2015-03-30, 12:59 PM
"Thank you," Anevia softly uttered to Taru and accepted the arrows. She carefully placed them in her own quiver. She gave her a small but grateful smile and then hobbled to lean against the cavern wall and let her leg rest a moment. Though Anevia did not need healing, technically sorta, the feeling of Alexander's magical healing energy felt good and pleasant and took her mind off of the numb pain in her leg for a moment.

"Hmmm....whelp, I do not mean to damper this moment of deep thinking and pondering and the what not..." Horus dismissively waved his hand and glanced at Alexander. "But shall we keep moving? The sooner we make it out of here, the better." Horus looked at Alexander once more and then the others in turn.

Bounty Hunter
2015-03-30, 02:30 PM

"Aye, you're quite correct." Alexander says in agreeance with Horus. "I think the lot of us were simply waiting on you to lead the way. Considering the impressive heroics you've displayed so far clearly the tip of the spear is where a warrior such as yourself belongs."The cleric waves his hand dismissively towards the man, mimicing the motion he had made himself a moment prior. "Though if you prefer to stick in the rear of the pack and hide under a rock at the first sight of danger perhaps you could keep the sarcastic comments to a minimum."

Before Horus has a chance to chime in with any snark the half-orc continues. "I've got the old dwarf's warhammer here ... and this newest fella was kind enough to leave us a crossbow. Are you willing to help defend the group and speed up our escape of this pit?"

Dimplomacy : [roll0]
If you want it. Though Alexander started off with a rude comment regarding the mans inaction he does change his tone part-way through and attempt a more diplomatic offering of a weapon and giving Horus a chance to prove himself.

BramsesII
2015-03-30, 03:52 PM
Awnis

The young bard nods at Horus' suggestion. "The man has a point. We should get going." She looks at Alexander, then at Horus, then back at Alexander. "I'd suggest the crossbow." She looks at Horus again, a genuinely friendly expression on her face. "That way, you can keep your distance and still defend yourself. Stick to the back of the group with Anevia, Aravashnial and Taru and you should be fine. We're going to need every advantage we can get. Even if you manage to wound just one enemy coming for us, it might just be the thing that saves our collective lives."

Diplomacy: {roll]1d20+7[/roll] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19037449&postcount=251)

When she notices Anevia limping and leaning on the cavern wall, she walks over to the woman and offers her a shoulder to lean on again. "Here. D'you need some help walking? I don't mind offering a shoulder." She smiles a friendly smile at Anevia, waiting for her to make up her mind.

"Shall we?"

Phasm
2015-03-31, 12:56 AM
Taru closes the buckle on her backpack and swings it back into place. "Indeed. Let us go!" She recasts her light spell, this time on one of the feathers woven into a braid on the side of her face.

Benson
2015-03-31, 03:24 AM
Horus glared a bit at Alexander as he pretty much insulted the noble, though, it really was fact. "Listen you---" He was cut off as Alexander had continued though with a change of tone and subject, sorta.

And then Awnis added her bit. The noble took out a silk handkerchief from his satchel and dabbed at his face and neck. He then took a sharp breath and made sure to give the two an annoyed expression and followed it with a sigh. "Well, if I am going to be forced and guilt into it, I...will...assist, however, crossbows and axes are not my forte, I am classically trained with the rapier, otherwise...I will figure out something else...myself." He gave an annoyed frown and then sighed to himself. He then had the look as if though a thought crossed his mind. "Would the promise of gold and lots of it entice you lot to increase your efforts in getting me...erm...us up the surface safely?" He had a serious tone about it.

"That would be..appreciated, that whole fight, took a good chunk of energy out." Anevia groaned a little as she shifted her weight.

"I...would appreciate continued assistance as well," Arav coughed into his free hand. He gripped his staff with his other hand and effectively used it as a cane to feel his way to the last voice he heard. His staff softly bumping Taru's leg. He offered a little apology and then straightened himself up to come off as composed.

---

When eventually everyone continued on, they would pass into the small tunnel the mad dwarf had appeared in, it would open up into, surprise...another cavern. A small campfire and a well-used bedroll, along with a few utensils and tools, sat near another cave opening in the far wall of this cavern. Snooping around what could more than easily be presumed to belong to the deceased dwarf, one would come across small pack filled with dried meat, preserved fruit, and some moldy cheese (6 days of rations), and a chipped 6-inch-tall marble statuette of a humanoid throwing a spear. They would also find a spellbook inside with several spells written in the arcane language, along with a small worn thin journal, a rusty pen and a dry ink pot.

BramsesII
2015-03-31, 04:00 AM
Awnis

The bard looks at Horus. "Look, Horus. It's not a matter of money - don't get me wrong, it's an intriguing offer - but it's a matter of survival. If we all want to make it out alive, we'll need every advantage we can get. Still, if you're not a trained shooter, it's probably best if you hold onto it only for emergencies. Hang back, and use it only if you feel you have a chance of actually killing an enemy." She smiles a friendly smile. "When you feel uncomfortable contributing during battle, hold back and try not to draw attention to yourself."

~~

Arriving in the next cavern, Awnis helps Anevia sit down on a convenient rock before joining the others in investigating the campsite. "Wait here Anevia. Rest a bit. If you need help or spot anything suspicious, let us know."

When they discover the spellbook, she picks it up and begins leading through it to see if there's anything in there that could be useful.

Casting read magic

Kittenwolf
2015-03-31, 04:21 AM

Okatoa snorts as they start to move off, shrugging his sore shoulders. "Typical cityfolk, thinking you can just throw gold at something and everything is magically okay again."

He reaches into his boot and pulls out his dagger (or at least, to *him* it's a dagger, it's barely a foot long!) "See, I don't mind carting dead weight along, not everybody can be useful all the time and we all have to learn. Nobody bags a stag the first time they get brought to a hunt. What I don't like is dead weight bitching and moaning and crapping on at those of us trying to carry his sorry arse as though he's a Heartwood bow rather than a piece of driftwood."

He flips the dagger around and holds the hilt out to Horus "Last chance driftwood, be useful, take this and stand back with the others. Stab anything that gets too close. If you don't" his eyes narrow "Then stand back, shut up and observe. If you insist on acting like a child I will damned well treat you like one."

Benson
2015-03-31, 01:22 PM
Horus stares at Awnis and grimaced at the sickening friendly smile. He shifted in place and preened his robes a little while his eyes were still on Awnis. "Fine," He said roughly with small grunt. "I will--"

Okatoa snorts as they start to move off, shrugging his sore shoulders. "Typical cityfolk, thinking you can just throw gold at something and everything is magically okay again."

Horus found himself stiffening, body tense, hands curling into shaky fists like a chord was struck. He cast his gaze down for a second and then defiantly looked back up at Okatoa with his own barely contained irritation at the half giant's words.

After Okatoa said what was on his mind about the noble and held out the dagger, Horus just glowered at the half giant and made to look as if though he was going to grab the dagger, but instead grabbing it he just lightly pushed the half giant's hand aside. "I'll be taking the crossbow, hmmph."

Anevia glanced over, both eyebrows lifting at the interaction. Her face reading that the noble must be some sort of idiot to act that way towards a fellow who so far easily turned enemies into mush, but whatever.

Anyways.
================================

The spellbook would contained after Awnis used her magic to read it the following spells, detect secret doors, fog cloud, grease, invisibility, resist energy, shocking grasp, and silent image.

BramsesII
2015-03-31, 03:04 PM
Awnis

The bard holds up the spellbook. "There's some spells in here that could be of use. I don't suppose any of you want it? Since the only one who'd be able to use it is... uh... in no state to read it. No offense, mister Aravashnial."

Kittenwolf
2015-03-31, 04:19 PM

Okatoa rolls his eyes at Horus' attempt at defiance.

Awnis

The bard holds up the spellbook. "There's some spells in here that could be of use. I don't suppose any of you want it? Since the only one who'd be able to use it is... uh... in no state to read it. No offense, mister Aravashnial."

"No use to me. If nobody else can use it here then I say it goes to Arav. It'll hopefully be of use once we find someone to fix his eyes.. unless there's some magical way of using it that doesn't need eyes? I know bugger all about magic other than our tribe's Shaman loved being mysterious."

Phasm
2015-04-01, 01:12 AM
Taru ignores Horus' outburst save for rolling her eyes; Awnis and Okatoa said pretty much everything she wanted to say. The hunter splits her attention between helping Arav over the rougher terrain and watching the party's collective back. That last encounter amply demonstrated that just because you don't see something at first, that doesn't mean there isn't something there.

While Awnis looks at the book, Taru goes through the rest of the dwarf's belongings. If they don't get out of here soon, they might well need those rations, unappetizing as they look. "Alexander, do you have a spell that will detect poison or sickness in this food? There is no telling where the dwarf got this, or how long it has been here."

Benson
2015-04-01, 12:39 PM
"Offense not taken," Arav replied with a sigh and dismissive hand wave. He just stood straight and still and listened to the others. He did not have much to comment on regards to the whole tension with Horus, that was not really his business. His own thoughts were elsewhere.

In the thin and worn journal were some scribblings written in Dwarven along with formulas and sketches of darkmantles.
==

(whenever you lot are ready to move on, lemme know ^^)

BramsesII
2015-04-01, 01:40 PM
Awnis

The young bard nods at Aravashnial's comment, not realizing that he cannot possibly see her. "I'll hold on to the book for emergencies, then. It's not like I can learn the spells that are in it." She tucks it away in her backpack, then walks over to Anevia to offer her a shoulder to lean on. "If everyone's done here, I suggest we move on. I don't want to linger down here too long. We should probably bring the bedroll too. Can't have too many of those. Uh.. well, you know what I mean." She says, realizing that in fact you can have too many bedrolls.

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-03, 12:30 AM

Alexander relaxed a bit once he saw that Horus was under control, even if he did take offense...though of course that was to be expected. The cleric hooks the warhammer into his belt once again once the portly man opts to take the crossbow for self defense. It did worry him a little bit of course to have that man waving around a loaded projectile weapon, and he didn't look forward to dealing with any friendly fire if it came to that, but at least they were making progress with the man. With a wave of the hand he renews the light spell that had been cast upon his shield and makes his way towards the gaping maw of gloom that hung before them.

"A spell to root out the taint in food...?" He asks in response to Taru's question about the dwarf meager supply of less-than-appetizing foodstuffs. "I could always pray for a bit of guidance on that front in the morning but unfortunately I can offer no assistance currently If you wish we can readdress the issue come morning... or whatever constitutes morning in this pit." The cleric begins to press further into the cavern, leading the way if he must, but preferably enjoying a safer spot behind the giant.

Phasm
2015-04-03, 01:19 AM
"I will take it with us, then." Taru wraps up the dwarf's rations and puts them in her pack, making sure that they are unmistakably separate from her own. That done, she follows the rest in pressing onward.

Benson
2015-04-03, 03:09 AM
And so with matters settled...for now, the group moved on...

The group would trek upward a steep slope of about twenty or so feet until it hit a steeply inclined tunnel that led upward to the north, its walls lined with numerous nooks, handholds, and dozens of iron pitons that have been driven into the walls long ago. At a rather steep angle of 60 ft, it was a difficult climb, particularly for those in heavy armor, and folks like Arav and Anevia. However with help towards one another, the shaft would be climbed in no time, eventually.

It eventually leveled out into what felt a northwest headed tunnel. It was a very long walk, 2,500 feet to be exactly, almost a forty minute walk what with the slower pace required for the cripple folks to keep up.

Arav though tuckered out from fighting against gravity earlier, still found the energy to discuss some theories about his belief that the Wardstones on the surface may not extend that far underground, a bit of a crack in their creation he felt should that be the case. For the most part, Anevia kept quiet, lost in her own thoughts, a sad expression occasionally making its way onto her face. Horus, kept to himself and stayed in the back, his expression on the sour side whenever anyone might glance behind them.
--

The tunnel opens into a large cavern, about ninety feet across. Cylindrical rock formations along the walls arch up to make a dome like chamber, but the walls and floor are riddled with cracks. At the center of the cave, a stone tower that may once have reached the fifty-foot-high ceiling has collapsed onto its side.

Amongst the large amount of rubble that littered the area, the gang would come to hear the sound of movement amongst shifting rubble and muffled sounds..

Amidst the ruined stone tower rubble some sixty plus feet away, you spy two shadowed figures shifting around the rocks, slowly and carefully digging through the tower’s rubble, wary of causing accidental collapse. Now and then they call out, and a muffled voice in the rubble answers back.

Phasm
2015-04-04, 01:45 AM
Hiking, hiking, hiking... Taru certainly isn't a stranger to prolonged periods of walking, but her clan's territory is much flatter than this. More flat tundra than steep rocks. She presses on like everyone else, though, helping Arav past the tricky bits while her sister helps Anevia. The elf's theories about the Wardstones are interesting and a bit worrying. Surely the Crusaders that emplaced them would have anticipated a potential underground assault?

Taru breathes a sigh of relief as they enter a much larger cavern. She hasn't wanted to say anything, but the closeness of the rocky walls around them has grown increasingly uncomfortable. This isn't the same as proper horizon-to-horizon sky, but it's better than squeezing though- wait. The hunter holds up a fist in a 'stop' signal, watching and listening for a moment. "I hear voices ahead," she whispers. "Two people... no, three. It looks like two digging a third out of the rubble."

BramsesII
2015-04-04, 04:18 AM
Awnis

Sheesh. How long do these tunnels go on? Awnis thinks to herself as they make their way through the underground, humming a semi-cheerful tune. Occasionally, she looks around to see how the rest of the group is doing, but most of the time she keeps her eyes on the floor of the tunnel to make sure she doesn't trip over any jutting rocks. Every now and then, she speaks to Anevia to make sure the crippled woman doesn't need to rest. "You okay Anevia? If you need to rest for a moment, just tell me."

When they enter the larger cavern Awnis hears her sister sighing, and she grins in her general direction. She's about to make a joke at her expense when Taru obviously sees something unexpected. She stops, holding still and putting a finger to her lips, signalling for everyone to be silent. She whipsers back to Taru. "What do you think Taru, friend or foe?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-04, 04:47 PM

Alexander fought to remain stalwart as the trek the dark tunnels seemed to drag on for what seemed to be ages but he feared some of the wounded may have began to lose heart. There were signs of course that others had been down here in the dark before them but all of them pointed to years and years of uninterrupted existence... there was still quite a was to the surface if any at all. But as they enter the large cavern the cleric studies the cracks along the floor interestingly until the crumbling tower catches his eye. He was just about to say something when the others mention having heard voices and though he hadn't heard them over the clank of his armor he once again draws his weapon and moves towards the front of the pack.

Using hand signals he tries to ask those that had heard the noise where it was coming from.

BramsesII
2015-04-06, 03:28 PM
Awnis

Deciding that they've taken enough time observing the people, Awnis guides Anevia to a rock to sit on before sauntering up to the two people digging the third one out. She steps into view and yells out. "Hello there! D'you need a hand? Name's Awnis, and me 'nd my companions are stuck down here too. Perhaps we can help each other out."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-07, 01:45 AM

The half-orc cleric hadn't heard where exactly the voices were coming from but, despite his frantic motions while trying to remain quiet, none of his companions had at least signaled a direction. Still trying to hear in the dark over the sound of his labored breathing from marching hours on end in his armor he can't decipher much over the sound of his own heartbeat in his ears. When Awnis steps forward and beings shouting towards the people, whoever they were, before the group had even got it's collective head together the cleric nearly does a literal face-palm. With a long sigh he tightens his grip on his weapon and steps forward toward the human bard to face whatever lay before them.

Kittenwolf
2015-04-07, 02:13 AM

Okatoa nodded at Awnis and stepped up next to him, hammer in hand but not held threateningly.
Hopefully these individuals would be friendly. If not, well, they'd meet the usual fate.

Benson
2015-04-07, 03:18 AM
The figures immediately took on a defensive stance the moment they were aware of the others' presence and most definitely with Awnis' approach. Upon closer approaching the two would be revealed to be...off. One of them, a hunchbacked female, would been seen to have a face so warped with large tumors all that could be heard from them was unintelligible murmurings. Standing in front of her protectively with a short sword out was a tall, thin male with a face that melded the features of an attractive elven man, a goat, and a lizardfolk. His oversized fingers ended in dull, spadelike talons.

http://i.imgur.com/C37Lv50.jpg

He gripped his sword and stared at Awnis intensely. “If your intentions are ill, we ask you to move on and
leave us in peace. If they are good, then perhaps you can help. As you can see, misfortune has befallen us.” He spoke in a raspy voice, speaking in strangely accented but quite eloquent Common.

Kittenwolf
2015-04-07, 03:40 AM

He gripped his sword and stared at Awnis intensely. “If your intentions are ill, we ask you to move on and
leave us in peace. If they are good, then perhaps you can help. As you can see, misfortune has befallen us.” He spoke in a raspy voice, speaking in strangely accented but quite eloquent Common.

Okatoa shoulders his hammer and takes a few steps forward, both to better see who they're talking to and to make sure to keep Awnis covered, just in case.

"You'd be the first friendlies we've found down here. It'd be a welcome change from nutjob dwarves. How about you start with who you are, why you're down here in this forsaken cavern, and what's wrong?"
He nods behind them at the rubble "Someone stuck?"

BramsesII
2015-04-07, 07:09 AM
Awnis

The bard joins Okatoa, stepping up beside him. "It's good to finally see a friendly face down here. I'm Awnis 'nd these are my companions. Need a hand gettin' your friend out of the rubble?" She motions to Okatoa and everyone else who has decided to step into view as she speaks.

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-07, 10:16 AM

Still quite reserved and untrusting of anyone found down here considering the run-ins they've had so far, the cleric keep his position behind the giant and remains ready. Muttering a small prayer he renews the light spell he had cast on his shield so that the lights didn't wink out suddenly should this conversation turn sour. When was the the last he'd refreshed it? They'd been plodding through the dark and clambering up crawlspaces and over rocks for so long he no longer had a clear idea of what time it was on the surface. Had he been smarter he could have likely though to use the hour time limit on the enchantment to properly guage the passage of time but that sort of thing wasn't particularly his strong suit.

"What misfortune?" He asks alongside his companions.

Benson
2015-04-07, 01:39 PM
The goat eared, half lizard faced male had a minorly annoyed expression as he was asked certain questions while in this moment of distress with his trapped friend. He kept a steady intense gaze on the party before eventually dropping his defensive stance and sheathed his blade. He gave Okatoa and Awnis nods.

"I'll answer questions later, right now my focus is to get my companion free.." Behind him, the tumor covered woman pushed against a large boulder to no avail. It would seem that the two had cleared away enough rubble away that only the boulder remained barely wedged in place above the small space in which their friend was trapped, however the rubble was loose around the edges and threatened to give away and let the boulder fall on him. "Help save my friend and I will answer your questions."

When Alexander popped up, the fellow just pointed at the situation and hurriedly went to help his other companion in pushing the large boulder. In the background, Anevia slowly stood up from her moment of rest and, along with Horus started to move at a cautious pace to the hubbub that seemed to be going on.

<Strength Check DC 20. Naturally of course Aid Anothers are more than welcomed to boost dat check.>

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-07, 02:18 PM

Still being quite cautious, Alexander moves forward only when his companions do and keeps a watchful eye on the two strangers. After a brief moment of hesitation he slips his morningstar into its place at his belt and sizes up the boulder situation to see how he might best help. Once he finds a suitable point to push from he attempts to give a slow steady push in the correct direction.

STR : [roll0] - Use as aid another for Okatoa if needed.

BramsesII
2015-04-07, 02:58 PM
Awnis

Awnis yells something in Hallit to the stragglers of the group, specifically to Taru, before moving up to the boulder to help the others push.

"Stay back there and keep an eye out, Taru. We've got this."

Strength check (As with Alexander, use as aid another for Okatoa if needed) [roll0]

Kittenwolf
2015-04-07, 09:27 PM

Okatoa grunted and walked up to the boulder, dismissing his hammer. Finding a reasonable purchase on the boulder he heaved, with the assistance from Awnis and Alexander they easily shoved the boulder out of the way.

Strength Check (predicting utter failure again...): [roll0]

Phasm
2015-04-08, 03:53 AM
Taru nods to her sister, taking up a position where she has clear lines of sight to the strangers and nothing blocking her view of the group. With Okatoa around, that boulder doesn't stand a chance.

Benson
2015-04-08, 04:18 AM
At last the large boulder was successfully and carefully moved as then the goat eared, half lizardfolk faced man gave a look of relieve and moved over to lend a hand and assist his friend out of the rubble. The tumor covered female quickly ran and heartily hugged their formally trapped companion uttering something in relief.

The other fellow warmly smiled at his companion and gave him a bro-hug. "Glad you are safe Crel." As for Crel's own appearance, he seemed to have a pair of large bat like ears, a face with thick furry brows and two tusks. On his neck were what appeared to be reptilian scales and it would appear that he had a scaly spaded tail.

The goat eared, half lizard faced man turned to look at the others and gave them a small warm smile. "Thank you very much...I am quite appreciative of your help, you may have just saved my friend's life. My name is Lann, these are my companions Crel and Dyra." He gestured to his companions in turn in which in the background Drya was offering Crel a drink from her waterskin. Lann stuck his hand out for a handshake. "I believe there were questions....."

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-08, 12:00 PM

"Who...erm...are the three of you?" The cleric says, taking the strange man up on his offered handshake. "I mean... how did you come to be here and moreso trapped beneath a pile of rubble?"

BramsesII
2015-04-08, 05:00 PM
Awnis

Awnis accepts Lann's handshake, and offers the other two one as well. "I'm Awnis, and these are my companions. I think they can introduce themselves." She pauses for a moment. "Either way, my friend here asks exactly the right question. How'd you get stuck down here?"

Phasm
2015-04-09, 01:34 AM
Taru lets her bowstring relax and puts her arrow away, stepping forward for a handshake. "I am Taru of the Aurora Clan." What happened to these people? Is it some sort of magic, or were they born this way? She's too polite to ask out loud, though.

Benson
2015-04-09, 02:12 AM
After handshaking..

"Well, this was a guard post before the tremors and shockwaves occurred and caused it to collapse." Lann frowned as he looked around the rubble of the ruined tower. "The three of us and...others..." He went grim and silent for a moment and then softly sighed to himself. "...were stationed on duty here. There we four others but..." He cast a mournful gaze. Crel and Dyra had a moment of silence as well, bowing their heads.

"Do...any of you know what happened?...What caused such a tremor?.." Crel cautiously asked looking at the group. "While tremors are not uncommon...they're never that strong."

"You know...what *is* your group doing down here anyways?" Lann asked, a small frown still on his face.

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-09, 02:08 PM

"A guard post for what?" The cleric asks wondering if there might be some sort of ... mutant... or whatever encampment down here that was large enough to require a guard post with seven people on detail.

= = =

"The tremors ... there was a... hmmm." Alexander spends half a moment putting the puzzel peices of this thoughts together before speaking. "A battle between titans raged on the surface not long ago. Khorramzadeh appeared and locked into combat with the silver dragon Terendelev. Things did not end up going as well as I'd hoped and the Storm King wounded the mighty guardian. They fell to the ground and a rift sliced open...there was falling...and then darkness... and The cleric trails off as he gets lost in rememberance.

Phasm
2015-04-10, 01:33 AM
Taru nods, her face grim. "It is as Alexander said. Even mortally wounded, Terendelev cast a spell upon us as we fell into the rift, and slowed our fall. She saved our lives."

BramsesII
2015-04-11, 02:49 AM
Awnis

While Alexander and Taru do the talking, Awnis returns to back of the group to give Anevia a hand in joining the others. She keeps one eye on the conversation though, not entirely convinced that they're not about to be attacked.

Benson
2015-04-12, 03:06 AM
Lann furrowed his brows as they spoke and answered his question. He then dropped into a frown. ".....That is incredibly worrying. I can't believe....." He shook his head to himself. "It has been a while since we last heard any news from the surface and to have this be the first in a long time of news."

Anevia squinted her eyes as she got a good look at the trio after Awnis helped her on over. "Are the three of you...Mongrelmen?" She asked with a furrowed brow as the three gave off surprised looks. Horus glanced over at them with a hint of repulsion at their appearance.

"Look more demonspawn.." He muttered quietly to himself.

"Mongrelmen?" Arav questioned curiously turn his head in the general direction of the voices. "Fascinating! You must tell me about your history. Who was your founder? How long have you been living down there? What does your diet consist of? I have read before about subterranean sub-humans who supposedly lived beneath the surface, did not take it for truth, rather--"

"Okay...I know I said I would answer questions.." Lann replied with an annoyed expression on his face when he cut Arav off. "But...what your friends just told us...we need to get to the chief, he needs to hear about this and I am sure he'll have questions of his own." He looked at Alexander, Taru, Awnis and Okatoa in particular. "Would you come with us to our settlement? Neathholm, we can escort you, and if you need to resupply, well, it is the least we could do for your help in saving Crel."

BramsesII
2015-04-12, 08:20 AM
Awnis

The young bard nods. "Sure, we'll come with you." She looks over her shoulder at her sister. "Right, Taru? Anyway..." She turns back to the mongrelmen. "We could do with some supplies, and perhaps a little healing here and there. And a way to the surface would be nice." A grin appears on her face as she says the last line.

"Shall we?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-12, 11:16 AM

"Lead the way and we shall follow. We appreciate your hospitality.".

Phasm
2015-04-13, 01:41 AM
"Thank you, this is most generous of you." Taru smiles at the mongrelmen. I never heard of such a race! Apparently Arav has, though, and he evidently does not consider them a threat. For now she'll follow the elf's lead.

Benson
2015-04-13, 12:39 PM
It would seem that the tremors caused a cave in that would block off the main tunnel to this apparent Neathholm, however it would seem the mongrelmen knew of another route, luckily, especially considering the multiple tunnels that lead out from this chamber, it would have been easy for the group to get themselves lost. During that time Dyra seemed interested in Awnis and Taru and kept gesturing at some of their surface dweller items they wore. Lann would occasionally translate the grunts and sounds for them.

After winding roughly southwest for 1,875 feet, the tunnel would come to reach a significant obstacle. Ahead, a wide chasm splits the tunnel floor. The floating rock dust in the air and the groans as the tunnel walls settle, indicate that the tunnel split recently. Lann frowned immediately upon seeing this.

"Oh gods....please let Neatholm be safe.." He muttered to himself.

The chasm is 7 feet across, 70 feet wide, and 25 feet deep. The tunnel continues on from the chasm’s opposite side about 40 feet east of the entrance.

"Ah...balls." Anevia muttered and sighed.

"What is happening?" Arav asked.

BramsesII
2015-04-13, 05:01 PM
Awnis

The young bard curses inwardly as they come upon the chasm. She's rather surprised that the woman she's supporting curses outwardly. Looking at Anevia with a grin, Awnis pipes up. "Large chasm in the way, Aravashnial. It's a risky jump to get across." She says, eyeing the distance that needs to be crossed. Awnis then looks at her sister.

"I could jump across, find a place to attach a few ropes so we can make a simple rope bridge for Anevia and Aravashnial." She eyes the others in the group. "The rest of us should be able to make it if we remove our armor."

After escorting Anevia to a place where she can sit down, Awnis removes her studded leather armor and hands it over to her sister. Then, she takes a running start and leaps over the chasm easily.

If it's okay with you Benson, Awnis will be taking 10 on the jump since she's not in immediate danger. No sense in taking risks here.
Acrobatics: 6+10= [16]

Kittenwolf
2015-04-13, 06:29 PM

Awnis

"I could jump across, find a place to attach a few ropes so we can make a simple rope bridge for Anevia and Aravashnial." She eyes the others in the group. "The rest of us should be able to make it if we remove our armor."

Okatoa takes a small hop over the gap as well, more of a very large step for someone his size. "Or for a less complicated option I can always just carry anyone across who cannot make it on their own? I don't think we have enough people to make a rope bridge worth the bother. Plus, even safer for our blind friend."

He glances at Horus "Assuming that certain people's pride can take it."

Okatoa has +6 Acrobatics, and it's a DC10 check to jump 10ft.
His heavy load is 300lbs
Heavy load is -6 ACP, for a flat zero
Hence as long as he removes his armour he can just jump everyone across on a take-10

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-14, 12:15 PM

"Whatever the safest route is for the wounded." The cleric adds to the conversation as he begins to unstrap his shield and place it upon his back. He secure the weapons along his belt into his pack as well to ease as much of the jump as possible. Stepping back as he's able, he gets a good running start and attempts to clear the ravine.

One Risky Jump:

Acrobatics : [roll0]

Save if needed to grab ledge:

Reflex: [roll1]

Phasm
2015-04-15, 01:30 AM
Just as Taru steps up to try jumping across, their resident cleric leaps... and falls! "ALEXANDER!" She throws herself to the ground, stretching out her precious longbow for him to grasp. The bow can be replaced; Alexander cannot.

Reflex: [roll0]

Benson
2015-04-15, 04:11 AM
Horus gave Okatoa a bit of a roll of the eyes and glanced away. He started to move his mouth as if to say something then opted out. The three mongrelfolk glanced at one another, then Horus and Okatoa and then shrugged. Top-sider problems, yeesh.

"I must go with the offer of your large friend, the rope bridge could take a while and I do not feel we should tarry long.." Lann gave a worried glance towards the general direction of the tunnel. The other two mongrelfolk nodded and made gruntings noises of agreement.

Anevia gave Awnis a small smile and spoke in a low voice. "If it is any consolation, the image of a rope bridge is quite the fun one heh." She glanced down the deepness of the chasm and wrinkled her nose.

As the others were prepping for Okatoa and his one by one carrying, Alexander hastily jumped. The cleric would find himself losing his footing as he pushed himself off the ground and tumbled forward into the chasm. Alas poor Taru was not quick enough, or rather in her reaction, she fumbled for a precious second in her grip of her longbow before stretching it out for him to ground.

Loud gasps everywhere as it seemed the young cleric would fall to his doom. Even Horus had a fearful look on his face. Arav was just.....confused.

For Anevia things went into slow motion as it would look like an image flashed into her mind's eye. A half second later, the girl found herself flinging herself over the ledge. Her right hand tightly grasped the long bow while her left hand found itself wrapping itself around Alexander's wrist. She would find herself wincing as the momentum from her actions swung her body against the rocky wall, her injured leg slamming against it. "Hold onto me..." She painfully said to Alexander and then looked up at Taru with a look that said 'please don't let go'.

"Rope!....Someone get them a rope now!" Yelled out Horus of all people, his hand over his chest.
---

Oh the Drama!

BramsesII
2015-04-15, 04:31 AM
Awnis

Awnis can only watch in horror as Alexander disappears down the chasm, followed by Anevia leaping after him. She yells out in hallit.

"NO!"

When Horus yells out for someone to get them a rope, Awnis quickly turns around, running towards the chasm and attempting to leap back to the other side.

[roll0]

Once back on the other side, she grabs the pack she left behind and digs out a rope, beginning to fasten it around her middle. She barks an order at the nearest person. "Hold this! I'm going down there to help. Hold on down there!"

Once someone is holding onto the rope, she cautiously drops herself over the edge and climbs down until she is at the same height as Alexander. With one free hand she grabs the cleric's arm to support him. "Climb up there. Hold on a little longer, Anevia."

Climb check: [roll1]

Kittenwolf
2015-04-15, 07:25 AM

Okatoa growled and swore as Alexander and the others went over the edge, shortly followed by Awnis.
"STUPID CHILDREN!"

Depositing his latest passenger and ordering them to hold Awnis' rope he summoned his Hammer, reforming it into a long staff as he did so and leaped down the cleft, bracing the staff across the gap to hold himself up and reaching down to clamp one hand on Anevia's good leg.

So, I can reform the Mind Blade into any weapon, and I figure a Large Quarterstaff will be more than long enough to bridge the gap and provide something extra to hold onto :)

Strength Check: [roll0]
Climb Check: [roll1]

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-15, 03:21 PM

Phasm
2015-04-16, 02:07 AM
Taru clings desperately to the bow, praying aloud in the ancient Sarkorian dialect that the Aurora Clan's priesthood uses. There's not much else she can do here except hang on.

Benson
2015-04-16, 01:18 PM
The three mongrelfolk strained, along with Horus to hold the rope, Horus wincing at the rope marks forming in his hands. Lots of grunting as they struggled to keep hold. Awnis successfully scaled along down the earthen wall past Anevia and down to the dangling Alexander, so many A names. The cleric would not be able to spy any handholds or the sorts as instead, the powers that be opted instead to have a cloud of dust from out of nowhere to block his vision, more than likely getting a speck of dirt in his eyes.

But there was a rope now! Yay for the small things. After some dirt-tainted eye moments, Alexander would be able to get the rope and begin with the climbing using the wall to brace against. <DC 5>

As for Okatoa, he managed to swiftly climb down as the mind long staff braced between the chasm. Anevia flailed for a moment from the surprise of having her leg grabbed. Though now with Alexander no longer to keep hold of, she flailed a bit some more, closed her eyes and let go of the longbow and clung onto the half giant. He would feel her heart beating for good reason.

So, at the moment, one could say that those two were just hanging around. 8D

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-16, 01:26 PM

Hands now on the rope and feet now braced into the wall, the cleric dangles for a half a moment before attempting to get himself out of the mess he'd literally dove into.

[roll0]-1 for Climb

BramsesII
2015-04-16, 04:25 PM
Awnis

With Alexander slowly making his way back up to the surface, Awnis now has time to worry about the others. She looks at her sister's longbow in horror when she notices Anevia's no longer holding on to it, but she's quickly relieved to see that Okatoa has managed to save the woman. The young bard looks up at her sister to confirm that she's alright before turning her attention to the half-giant.

"Okatoa, Alexander's going to be okay. D'you need help getting Anevia and yourself back up to solid ground?"

Kittenwolf
2015-04-16, 07:14 PM

Awnis
"Okatoa, Alexander's going to be okay. D'you need help getting Anevia and yourself back up to solid ground?"

Okato looked up at Awnis and then down at Anevia and grins "Pretty sure we'll be okay, but be ready just in case.
"Okay hero, lets get you back onto solid ground."

Okatoa will help lift Anevia up so that she's on his back, and then climb up and let her down onto the ground.

Climb: [roll0]
In case it takes a couple of goes: [roll1]

That done he'll head over to the group holding the rope. Seeing Horus' evident effort (and abraded hands) he'll give the man a respectful nod. "Good effort all, lets get him back up here."

He'll then grab the rope and help pull Alexander out of the pit (not that he seems to need it after the roll he got).

Strength Check: [roll2]

Phasm
2015-04-17, 01:27 AM
Awnis has Alexander and Okatoa has Anevia. Taru lets out a long breath and starts scooting back from the edge of the chasm. Once she judges it safe, the hunter gets back to her feet. "A close call! Truly your god was with you, Alexander." She inspects her longbow for damage. "Perhaps a rope bridge would be a good idea after all. I have fifty feet in my pack."

Benson
2015-04-17, 03:38 AM
But yes, eventually everyone made it safely back on...land, no one died, sounds like a win, and Arav was still blind to the situation. Zing!

"What what?....Nevermind, I am going to just assume something bad happened but then was remedied since I am not hearing any woes," Arav dryly said and clutched his staff.

"Don't worry about it Mole, get it? because you're blind and underground?" Crel sniggered while Arav made a brief expression of annoyance. "Heheh, one of your friends fell into the chasm, and then three others went to help him, it is all good now."

"Thank the gods too," Horus cleared his throat and stood straight. "Because well erm...I need them for getting me to the surface and all, of course."

Anevia slowly and carefully removed herself from Okatoa. "Thanks for your help, you too Awnis, and, thanks for holding on Taru, heh." She wearily smiled and limped off with a grimace with each step. She uttered something to herself, winced and threw together a half hearted smile. As for Taru's bow, it was fine, though it would probably need a little fine tightening to keep the string where it ought to be.

Well that was exciting!

BramsesII
2015-04-17, 05:12 AM
Awnis

Once everyone is back on solid ground, Awnis climbs back up, untying the rope from her middle once she's back with the others. When Anevia thanks her, she flashes the woman a bright smile. "No problem Anevia. Always willing to help. Very heroic of you to jump after Alexander."

Then, she turns to Okatoa and Taru. "Nice work everyone. Good to know we have each other's backs." Turning her attention to Horus and the mongrelmen, she bows gracefully. "And thank you for holding the rope. Without you guys some of us would be at the bottom of that chasm now." She adds one more thing, a grin on her face. " And it's good to know you're so concerned about us, Horus."

Finally, she turns to Alexander and taps him on his armour. "Next time take off your armour for a jump like this. And be careful when you jump. This is not something we should be doing everyday." Her face is set in a cheerful grin as she addresses him, though.

Then, she turns to look at the chasm. "Shall we try again? Okatoa, can you help some people to the other side?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-19, 12:13 AM

"Well then..." The cleric says casually avoiding discussing what had just transpired...

Benson
2015-04-20, 10:14 AM
Assuming the slow and steady way is taken to get everyone properly across...

Everyone continued on! The tunnel continues along a mostly southeastern course for about 1,400 feet. Lann frowned as the group began their approach.

"Be wary friends, this is a cavern we do not use often..for it has become the den of a particularly dangerous fungal monster we call the Spore Cougher.." He warned and gave a brief description of the creature, despite there was no choice but to continue forward regardless.

You reconize from his description that he is describing a creature known as a basidirond, a rather deadly plant creature that can cause hallucinations.

The tunnel opens into a circular cavern, roughly forty feet in diameter. Thick sheets of fungus grow in the cave, and several tunnels branch off. All of these save one in the north wall lead downward; the northern one leads upward. What appear to be two dead bodies lie on the ground in the middle of the cave, next to a strange heap of ropy green fungus.

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-20, 11:32 AM

"Is there no other way?" Alexander asks, surveying the scene that lay before him.

Kittenwolf
2015-04-20, 07:39 PM

Okatoa shrugged back into his armour after jumping everyone across the cliff and set off with everyone else, hammer at the ready.

Once the spore cougher creature is mentioned he pulls a strip of cloth out of his pack, soaks it in water and ties it around his mouth and nose.
"Mi-ht no- -o muc- bu- bett-r sa-e t-an sorr-." Strangely enough his voice is a tad muffled.

[roll0]

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-20, 11:19 PM

"Which tunnel do we need to make it to?" Alexander asks as he inches forward slightly and begins to pat through his pockets and pouches for something that might serve as a face mask.

Phasm
2015-04-21, 12:49 AM
"Your Spore Cougher is what my uncle described as a basidirond. A deadly foe indeed, one nearly killed him as a young man. It can cause potent hallucinations." Taru digs around in her pack, coming up with a scarf and a waterskin. "By the way, should anyone need clean water, you have only to tell me. By Pulura's grace, I am able to provide such at will." She follows Okatoa's lead and makes herself a mask of damp cloth. "Aravashnial, we are making masks of cloth and wetting them to try and keep any spores out. Do you want one of us to make one for you?"

Benson
2015-04-21, 04:09 AM
"The northern one...well north being the one on the rightmost," Lann answered Alexander as he put his taloned hand over his mouth and nose and peered out into the large cavern. Alexander and Okatoa would spy the scene of some grizzly deaths, that and that there were about six different tunnels for this smaller cavern.
--

"That would be appreciated...I would rather not start hallucinating whilst blind as well," He faintly smirked. "Though it is quite fascinating that such a creature is living down here deep in the earth, aah, a basidirond, I believe I have read about them before, feeds off of fresh blood if I recall correctly, among other things." After receiving his wet cloth, he held it up to his mouth and nose.

Presumably the others were offered wet cloth masks since it was actually a clever idea considering....

As they moved closer, they would spy what could be presumed to be the basidirond laying on the ground near the two bodies, dead, however spores still lingered in the air, magical light (the group's illumination magic in use) reflecting off the spores.

Lann and his kin had a look of relief seeing the creature was dead though they themselves still stood back from the scene nonetheless. The two bodies there looked recently dead, one having a fungus growing on him and the other with a sliced neck, a dagger loose in their hand and some spores settled around in his mouth. Both men seemed to be dressed as crusaders sporting Iomedae's symbol. They wore some fine chain shirts.

For those loot-ery off the dead sort of folk, a potion and a scroll would be found in their possession, along with 129 GP between them. They also sported glaives and spiked gaunlets. a tad different than the longsword usually carried by followers of The Inheritor.

Tightly clutched in one of the men's stiff fists, one finds a a small symbol of a brass bull’s head with tiny red gemstone eyes.
This is an unholy symbol of Baphomet

Kittenwolf
2015-04-21, 05:22 AM

Okatoa will try and hook the bodies and drag them away from the creature and the spore cloud (rope & grappling hook?) just in case of further infection. He'll go through the belt pouches and such of the bodies, since it is really weird to find such people down here.
"Crusaders? Do you think they fell or otherwise found their way down here when the demons attacked? I wonder why their fellows didn't give them a burial of some kind after they killed the spore creature?"
He frowns as he finds the strange symbol clutched in one's fist and holds it up for Alexander "This is weird, is this some lesser-known symbol of Iomadae that I'm not familiar with?"

He looks at their guides "Is there somewhere around here we could build a Cairn or similar for them? It seems a shame to leave such people out for the scavengers."

[roll0]

BramsesII
2015-04-21, 04:27 PM
Awnis

The young bard straps a piece of damp cloth in front of her mouth as the others do so, as well as offering one to Anevia. If she doesn't have one handy, she'll tear them from her cloak. She'll assist the others in moving the corpses while humming a sombre tune, fitting for the act of lugging dead bodies around a cavern. She's been unusually quiet (yes, they've only met, but Awnis being quiet should strike anyone as unusual) ever since the incident at the chasm. As if it somehow affected her more than it should.

Phasm
2015-04-22, 07:41 PM
Taru keeps giving Awnis concerned looks- this behavior isn't characteristic of her normally bubbly sister- but there's not much she can do right now. When they get to a safer place, hopefully the mongrelfolk village, she can sit Awnis down and talk to her.

The hunter assists Okatoa in searching the bodies. Those chain shirts look good, but Taru isn't about to wear one until she has a chance to wash it thoroughly. Taking a good look at the symbol, she shakes her head. "I have never seen that symbol before." Hmm, a place to build a cairn...

Check to see if she can find a suitable cairn location. [roll0]

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-23, 03:05 PM

The half-orc assists Okatoa in any way possible as he attempts to grapple and haul the bodies away from the site of the spores. The cleric strikes an ironic bandit-like appearance with a bit of red cloth across the lower half his face like a bandit, his tusks poking at the cloth from beneath. He leaves his shield laying on the ground face-up to keep the room lit and gets to work hauling. 'How did follwers of Iomedae come to be trapped down here as well?' He wonders just as the giant asks the question aloud. Taking the strange symbol he looks it over and racks his brain but cannot recal having seen the likeness before. "It's not a symbol used by the church Iomedae but I can't recal having seen it before." After showing it to the others he'll pocket the thing for later study and help strip the men of their gear, minding the spores of course.

Keeping everthing as neat as possible he stacks up the chainmail, seperates the scroll and potion, and then lays out the weaponry. "Normally those that worship Iomedae prefer the reliable longsword rather than a weapon like a glaive. Something doesn't quite make sense here."

Looking over the items : Chainmail, Glaive, Gauntlet. Anything special about them? Or appear to be mundane?

Benson
2015-04-23, 11:50 PM
There were choice locations to build a cairn here in this cavern, a lot of areas not touched by the spores. There was a large boulder, half in the ground, the rest exposed that could serve as a good start, and plenty of rocks of varying sizes for building the cairn.

When Alexander laid out the weaponry he would notice a little something amusing about the gauntlets. Separately, each had mirroring ornate etchings that sort of cut off inwardly, however when he laid a pair close together he notice that the etchings matched up to create a single image that looked similar to the brass bull symbol.

BramsesII
2015-04-24, 08:57 AM
Awnis

Awnis hears Alexander say something about a symbol that he did not recognize, and she leans over. "Can I see that? That looks like the holy symbol of Baphomet. These are no flowers of Iomedae we have here." She says excitedly. Then she's quiet for a moment, considering the significance of their find.

Bounty Hunter
2015-04-24, 09:23 AM

"Aye, the same likness appears here on the gaunlets as well." The cleric adds, pointing out the way the engraving pairs up on the spiked gauntlets.

Religion : [roll0] -- Maybe having heard the name he can remember something about Baphomet?