PDA

View Full Version : Optimization The Snipadin. Headshotting Evil. Can we make it work?

WhamBamSam
2015-02-18, 04:30 AM
Someone asks for help with the "one shot, one kill" sniper archetype every few months or so here on these forums, and I'll confess to a certain amount of fascination in it myself, evidenced by my involvement in those threads. I've fooled around in the past with Ranged Smite Evil as a means of accomplishing this, mostly because it's a flat damage boost that can be multiplied and due to poor design forces you to blow it on individual attacks (at least in 3.5) anyway. In the past, it's been more than a little unwieldy (I think my first attempt involved a Necropolitan Paladin Alter Self'ed into a Tomb Mote with Assume Supernatural Ability so that he could fire his Smite shot after making a Decisive Strike), and that despite all the cheese, I've never really gotten damage numbers that were all that spectacular. Recently, however, I've stumbled upon the Triadic Knight's Threefold Smite among other things, and generally refined my tactics when it comes to multipliers, so let's talk about this, and see if we can't produce something that'll work.

I'm always a little reluctant to give up my cheese, so the first build that I've worked out is absolutely awash in it. Between Dragonwrought Kobolds and a by design religious conversion somewhere around level 2-5, I figured I might as well just let the thing take flaws, as it'd be a mess with or without them.

Stalking Wyrm Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold Cloistered Cleric 1/Skilled City Dweller Paladin 5/Consecrated Harrier 1/Triadic Knight 7/Gray Guard 6
1. Cloistered Divine Magician Cleric 1 - Dragonwrought, Track (Stalking Wyrm), Knowledge Devotion (Domain), Kobold Endurance (Flaw), Initiate of Bahamut (Flaw)
2. Paladin 1
3. Paladin 2 - Ranged Smite Evil
4. Paladin 3
5. Paladin 4
6. Paladin 5 - Initiate of Torm
7. Consecrated Harrier 1
8. Triadic Knight 1
9. Triadic Knight 2 - Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Kaorti Resin Longbow or Heavy Crossbow)
10. Triadic Knight 3
11. Triadic Knight 4
12. Triadic Knight 5 - Extra Smiting
13. Triadic Knight 6
14. Triadic Knight 7
15. Gray Guard 1 - Extra Smiting
16. Gray Guard 2
17. Gray Guard 3
18. Gray Guard 4 - Great Smiting
19. Gray Guard 5
20. Gray Guard 6

Dragonwrought Kobold is here for automatic qualification for the dragonblood-requiring Initiate of Bahamut (not all that necessary, perhaps not even optimal, but sort of cool at least to my diseased mind) and for the Epic Feat Great Smiting. You need to start with a deity or ideal of Trickery before converting to follow Torm so that Disguise is a class skill long enough to get 5 ranks for Consecrated Harrier entry. Skilled City Dweller covers Gather Information. Kobold Endurance doesn't have much of an advantage over regular Endurance here, but eh, why not?

With Threefold Smite, the Devastating Smite spell, and Great Smiting, we're looking at a x5 multiplier to our bonus damage, and I *think* that those only do D&D multiplication with each other and by the time we roll around to our x4 Hunter's Mercy crit, it's just a +95 flat damage boost which becomes 380. With a decent Knowledge Devotion check, and the weapon damage dice, that should get close to the average CR 20 monster's HP, which is somewhere in the 400s as I recall. If all the D&D multiplication works together, it's a less impressive 152+Knowledge Devotion*4, which isn't really worth two turns of time at that level, to say nothing of all the build resources sunk into it.

If you really are just doing a one shot, one kill adventuring day, you can save a feat on EWP by taking Master's Touch as your Draconic Rite of Passage spell, then two more by dropping the Extra Smiting and maybe Initiate of Bahamut feats. Keeping the flaws, this would open up four feats allowing for Hidden Talent, Sapphire Smite, and Psycarnum Infusion, so that by expending his psionic focus, the little guy could add another 4 to his smiting level to be multiplied. Or, if you can count on +Cha items, just take Great Smiting a few more times. Neither is enough to correct for it if the math doesn't work out the way I'm hoping though.

Digging ourselves out of all the cheese, the basic idea here (sans Epic feat shenanigans), is Threefold Smite+Devastating Smite+Hunter's Mercy+Kaorti Resin, with Hunter's Mercy coming courtesy of Consecrated Harrier casting. One concern that I have is that even with all the Extra Smiting feats, the above build only has enough attempts for 3 kill shots per day. In the interest of mitigating that, I tried to work in Andras to a less cheesy version.

Human Paladin 4/Binder 5/Consecrated Harrier 1/Triadic Knight 7/Gray Guard 3
1. Paladin 1 - Track, Hidden Talent (Something), Extra Smiting (Flaw), Extra Smiting (Flaw)
2. Paladin 2
3. Paladin 3 - Ranged Smite Evil
4. Paladin 4
5. Binder 1
6. Binder 2 - Initiate of Torm
7. Binder 3
8. Binder 4
9. Binder 5 - Endurance
10. Consecrated Harrier 1
11. Triadic Knight 1
12. Triadic Knight 2 - Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Kaorti Resin Longbow)
13. Triadic Knight 3
14. Triadic Knight 4
15. Triadic Knight 5 - Sapphire Smite
16. Triadic Knight 6
17. Triadic Knight 7
18. Gray Guard 1 - Psycarnum Infusion
19. Gray Guard 2
20. Gray Guard 3

Unfortunately, even with two flaws for Extra Smiting feats, and Andras putting forward one third of every Threefold Smite, this doesn't do any better in terms of lasting through the adventuring day. Mostly because I flew too close to the sun trying to work in the Sapphire Smite+Psycarnum Infusion combo, which I remember seeing someone talk about on these forums a while back. In fairness, it does contribute a decent chunk of damage after all the multiplication, though perhaps it would be better to just take more Extra Smitings. Expend your Psionic Focus to treat Sapphire Smite as fully invested, then let off a Devastating Smite and fire away with your Threefold Smite. That gives us 23*4=92 smite damage, so assuming again that it's just flat damage and the crit is a different bit of multiplication so D&D multiplication doesn't screw this up for me, we get +368 on the Hunter's Mercy crit. With items, that should be enough to put a hole into a CR20 adversary that doesn't stop you from doing so. Again, if all the weird D&D multiplication bleeds together, then it only comes to +161, which isn't cutting it.

Other thoughts included builds with 4 levels of Earth Dreamer to fire the smite through walls with Brilliant Energy Arrow as in the TISP Sniper from Piggy Knowles' Archer Build Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?284283-Piggy-Knowles-Archer-Build-Thread), but the build ended up being just another kobold doing mostly the same things as the first one with lower damage and a gimmick.

So anyone have any thoughts on this? Things that can be added to boost the damage further? Can I wriggle my way around D&D multiplication rules this way, or is that just cheesy wishful thinking on my part? Even if they do, is there a chance of salvaging this idea?

Sian
2015-02-18, 05:26 AM
I would consider tossing on some Fist of Raziel, for strong rider effects and more smites per day.

Maybe also Bloodstorm blade to get regular smites ranged instead of depending on Ranged Smite Evil

Grod_The_Giant
2015-02-18, 08:36 AM
Maybe also Bloodstorm blade to get regular smites ranged instead of depending on Ranged Smite Evil
Bloodstorm Blade also might (wording is vague) let you use Charging Smite, which would give you another x2 multiplier. You only need two levels to pick it up, though you might need a warblade dip to qualify.

Snowbluff
2015-02-18, 09:23 AM
well, some ranger spells would be nice, like the one that makes your next hit a crit.
Shooting more is always a good option. Arrow Split.

You can wand those.

I would also suggest adding Iaijutsu. If you're sniping unaware foes, you can draw your arrow and pop someone for some extra damage.

dysprosium
2015-02-18, 09:44 AM
Extra Smiting has a BAB +4 requirement so they can't be used for the flaw feats.

So since you're using flaws anyway, make those feats be Endurance and the EWP (kaorti resin longbow). You can move the Sapphire Smite and Psycarnum Infusion to be gained earlier. Or replace those with the Extra Smiting feats.

You'll also need Improved Binding to get Andras with only five levels of Binder but you can take that with the Binder 4 bonus feat.

If you make your race azurin, you will also get more out of your Sapphire Smite since you would have two essentia (one from the race and one from the feat).

ILM
2015-02-18, 12:17 PM
I was actually just scribbling a build along similar lines, but mine didn't use Paladin at all. Instead of trying to improve yours, let me just jot down the tricks I used:
- Fighter 16 for Overpowering Attack. I'm putting this first so you can all stop reading if you think Fighter is only a 4-level class :smalltongue:. I also grab a level of Factotum, one of Bard, and two of Cragtop Archer.
- Kaorti Resin and Hunter's Mercy, like you (total x5 multiplier with Overpowering Attack)
- Energy Bow (web) for Power Shot
- Bow of Songs (MIC) to dump bardic music attempts to add Cha to attack and damage
- Basically all the other damage increases I could think of: Factotum, collision enchantment, persisted divine favour, greater weapon specialization, ranged weapon mastery, knowledge devotion, etc. etc.
- Wand of Find the Gap to turn your attack into a ranged touch.

I also have a side thing going on to increase effective attack range, but mostly irrelevant here. If my numbers are right, and allowing for certain houserules (mostly to retro-engineer and combine magic item abilities), the character fires one arrow every 3-ish rounds dealing around 400 damage at 13,000 feet, and pretty much auto-hits anything in the SRD. He's also limited in how many times he can pull that off in a day, though.

*shrug* I think the sniper archer is actually one of the very few archetypes that 3.5 makes it extremely hard to build. Even with the cheese you or I are willing to stomach, our builds are only reasonably good at it at best.

WhamBamSam
2015-02-18, 02:47 PM
I would consider tossing on some Fist of Raziel, for strong rider effects and more smites per day.

Bloodstorm Blade also might (wording is vague) let you use Charging Smite, which would give you another x2 multiplier. You only need two levels to pick it up, though you might need a warblade dip to qualify.The problem with Bloodstorm Blade here is that Hunter's Mercy requires the attack to be with a bow (and excludes crossbows apparently, so it'll have to be a longbow). Maybe using Throw Anything to chuck a longbow would work, though that's a little silly. Hurling Charge would make Charging Smite work more unambiguously,

The problem with Fist of Raziel is that it has a pretty steep feat tax. I did give it some serious consideration though.

Extra Smiting has a BAB +4 requirement so they can't be used for the flaw feats.

So since you're using flaws anyway, make those feats be Endurance and the EWP (kaorti resin longbow). You can move the Sapphire Smite and Psycarnum Infusion to be gained earlier. Or replace those with the Extra Smiting feats.So it does. Yeah, that would work. Avoiding flaws would be nice, but I'm not sure how to pull it off with how feat heavy this build is. Two levels of PsyWar could potentially save three feats at the cost of only two levels of smiting, I guess, if I'm going for the Sapphire Smite+Psycarnum Infusion combo.

You'll also need Improved Binding to get Andras with only five levels of Binder but you can take that with the Binder 4 bonus feat.Right, yeah, it was late when I was typing that out.

If you make your race azurin, you will also get more out of your Sapphire Smite since you would have two essentia (one from the race and one from the feat).Azurin would incur multiclass penalties since I can't bounce between Binder and Paladin. That's two stupid rules combining to be extra frustrating, but there you go. The actual amount of essentia in the build only matter after the first smite in a given combat though, or if I lose my PP and can't regain Psionic Focus between fights, since I'm just treating it as maxed out with Psycarnum Infusion anyway.

well, some ranger spells would be nice, like the one that makes your next hit a crit.
Shooting more is always a good option. Arrow Split.

You can wand those.

I would also suggest adding Iaijutsu. If you're sniping unaware foes, you can draw your arrow and pop someone for some extra damage.I'm already using Hunter's Mercy to ensure a crit. That's what Consecrated Harrier is for, and what the spellcasting PrCs are progressing. I'd forgotten Arrow Split, though. These builds can actually just use it natively, so that's a nice thing.

Iaijutsu is more of a problem. High Cha makes it appealing, but even with flaws, I'm having trouble seeing a space for Darkstalker, let alone a way to be an elf with Aereni Focus or however else I'm getting it as a class skill. I guess the Elf Paladin substitution level might save my need for Ranged Smite Evil if I don't mind being restricted to 30ft range. Also, hiding in some form probably is a good idea, since I'd really like a buff round for Hunter's Mercy and maybe a Rod-Extended Guided Shot.

I was actually just scribbling a build along similar lines, but mine didn't use Paladin at all. Instead of trying to improve yours, let me just jot down the tricks I used:
- Fighter 16 for Overpowering Attack. I'm putting this first so you can all stop reading if you think Fighter is only a 4-level class :smalltongue:. I also grab a level of Factotum, one of Bard, and two of Cragtop Archer.
- Kaorti Resin and Hunter's Mercy, like you (total x5 multiplier with Overpowering Attack)
- Energy Bow (web) for Power Shot
- Bow of Songs (MIC) to dump bardic music attempts to add Cha to attack and damage
- Basically all the other damage increases I could think of: Factotum, collision enchantment, persisted divine favour, greater weapon specialization, ranged weapon mastery, knowledge devotion, etc. etc.
- Wand of Find the Gap to turn your attack into a ranged touch.

I also have a side thing going on to increase effective attack range, but mostly irrelevant here. If my numbers are right, and allowing for certain houserules (mostly to retro-engineer and combine magic item abilities), the character fires one arrow every 3-ish rounds dealing around 400 damage at 13,000 feet, and pretty much auto-hits anything in the SRD. He's also limited in how many times he can pull that off in a day, though.

*shrug* I think the sniper archer is actually one of the very few archetypes that 3.5 makes it extremely hard to build. Even with the cheese you or I are willing to stomach, our builds are only reasonably good at it at best.I don't think Fighter is a 4 level class, I think it's a 2 level class.:smalltongue:

Where is Overpowering Attack from?

If you aren't using Paladin, then you might want to try working in a level with Sneak Attack from somewhere so you can take Craven. It's a flat damage boost that will play nicely with all your multipliers.

Yeah, I'm aware that 3.5 doesn't play all that nicely with snipers. That's part of why I'm so fascinated by them.

Snowbluff
2015-02-18, 05:53 PM
I'm already using Hunter's Mercy to ensure a crit. That's what Consecrated Harrier is for, and what the spellcasting PrCs are progressing. I'd forgotten Arrow Split, though. These builds can actually just use it natively, so that's a nice thing.

Iaijutsu is more of a problem. High Cha makes it appealing, but even with flaws, I'm having trouble seeing a space for Darkstalker, let alone a way to be an elf with Aereni Focus or however else I'm getting it as a class skill. I guess the Elf Paladin substitution level might save my need for Ranged Smite Evil if I don't mind being restricted to 30ft range. Also, hiding in some form probably is a good idea, since I'd really like a buff round for Hunter's Mercy and maybe a Rod-Extended Guided Shot.

Well, the thing about Iai in this case is that it's just a bonus for a long range sniper shot for a surprise round/one hit kill. I wouldn't suggest building for Flat-Footing unless the goal was building an Iaijutsu Master specifically. Just having the surprise should help you get some mileage from just knowing you can do it.

WhamBamSam
2015-02-18, 07:51 PM
Well, the thing about Iai in this case is that it's just a bonus for a long range sniper shot for a surprise round/one hit kill. I wouldn't suggest building for Flat-Footing unless the goal was building an Iaijutsu Master specifically. Just having the surprise should help you get some mileage from just knowing you can do it.Right, but I still need to at least be stealthy enough to make a surprise attack, which may be an issue here, though I guess if we're working at long bowshot it might be possible to get by with just ranks and no Darkstalker.

ILM
2015-02-19, 03:42 AM
I don't think Fighter is a 4 level class, I think it's a 2 level class.:smalltongue:

Where is Overpowering Attack from?

If you aren't using Paladin, then you might want to try working in a level with Sneak Attack from somewhere so you can take Craven. It's a flat damage boost that will play nicely with all your multipliers.

Yeah, I'm aware that 3.5 doesn't play all that nicely with snipers. That's part of why I'm so fascinated by them.
Overpowering Attack is an ACF from PHB2. It's basically the Monk's Decisive Strike (from the same book) except with no penalties, doesn't require a special monk weapon, but requires 14 dead levels -_-.

I had some SA in there but I relied on Telling Blow to apply it (nice synergy with Hunter's Mercy)... except for some reason Telling Blow explicitly says your SA damage (and not, as usual damage die) isn't multiplied.

Feint's End
2015-02-19, 04:14 AM
I think you can assume that crit is a different multiplier than the multiplied smite so that should work.

Great job overall. Have never seen quite this done before.

WhamBamSam
2015-02-20, 03:33 AM
Overpowering Attack is an ACF from PHB2. It's basically the Monk's Decisive Strike (from the same book) except with no penalties, doesn't require a special monk weapon, but requires 14 dead levels -_-.

I had some SA in there but I relied on Telling Blow to apply it (nice synergy with Hunter's Mercy)... except for some reason Telling Blow explicitly says your SA damage (and not, as usual damage die) isn't multiplied.Ah, I see. I had thought it was some Fighter feat with a high minimum Fighter level I just couldn't find, and was going to ask if it was possible to swap in some Warblade or Bloodstorm Blade, or just throw Martial Monk at the problem. I guess you can't, in which case you might be better off getting that multiplier with Decisive Strike and an extra standard action. Decisive Strike Monk 2/Factotum 8 is probably the simplest, least cheesy option.

For Sneak Attack, you could get Sniper's Shot as a 3/day SLA on a Kobold or Changeling via the Draconic Rite of Passage and Draconic Resevoir. You're running feat heavy enough as a Fighter 16 (if you stick to that) that you could presumably use either one of them assuming multiclass penalties aren't in effect. Or was it an issue with denying Dex to AC rather than an issue with the 30ft limit on Sneak Attack?

I think you can assume that crit is a different multiplier than the multiplied smite so that should work.

Great job overall. Have never seen quite this done before.Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. Perhaps I'll try to work out all the issues at some point and post a final version.

Feint's End
2015-02-20, 04:53 AM
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. Perhaps I'll try to work out all the issues at some point and post a final version.

This would be the thing I'd consider working out yeah. Smoothing out the build and giving a rundown of the most important features in a distinct and visible way would do a great deal for understanding the whole build. The content is really solid but if you have a nice build figured out it helps other people if you present it well (also makes the thread more quoteable for future reference).

Baroknik
2015-02-20, 05:13 AM
You can maybe squeeze in one more double damage by picking up a level of monk with decisive strike and one of the eberron feats that adds a feat-based weapon to the monk weapon list. Get an aptitude longbow and you have full-round single attacks for double damage...

WhamBamSam
2015-02-20, 12:47 PM
You can maybe squeeze in one more double damage by picking up a level of monk with decisive strike and one of the eberron feats that adds a feat-based weapon to the monk weapon list. Get an aptitude longbow and you have full-round single attacks for double damage...My full round action is already tied up in Threefold Smite, which should work out to more damage whichever way the multiplication shakes out.

ShurikVch
2015-02-20, 02:04 PM
There are some other sources of Smite Evil. I'm not suggesting to take them all, but maybe you will like something

Celestial domain power (BoED)
Holy Monk (Dr#310) - at 1st level
Shadowstriker (CC) - at 2nd level
Witch Hunter (OA) - at 2nd level
Aasimar/Half-Celestial Transition Class (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040319a) - at 2nd level
Scion of Tem-et-nu (Sandstorm) - at 4th level
Eldeen Ranger, Wardens of the Wood (ECS) - at 5th level
Harper Paragon (PGF) - at 6th level
Visage of the Deity - 6th level spell, Cleric or Mysticism domain (CD)
Celestial Creature template, LA +2

Shining Blade of Heironeous (variant from the Dragon #283) Smite Evil 1/day at 1st level, 2/day at 4th, 3/day at 7th, and 4/day at 10th

Also, what's patron deity of your character? First build have Initiate of Bahamut; then, later, Initiate of Torm (Also, Initiate of Bahamut is only for clerics, and 1st build doesn't have a single level of Cleric)

WhamBamSam
2015-02-20, 02:45 PM
There are some other sources of Smite Evil. I'm not suggesting to take them all, but maybe you will like something

Celestial domain power (BoED)
Holy Monk (Dr#310) - at 1st level
Shadowstriker (CC) - at 2nd level
Witch Hunter (OA) - at 2nd level
Aasimar/Half-Celestial Transition Class (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040319a) - at 2nd level
Scion of Tem-et-nu (Sandstorm) - at 4th level
Eldeen Ranger, Wardens of the Wood (ECS) - at 5th level
Harper Paragon (PGF) - at 6th level
Visage of the Deity - 6th level spell, Cleric or Mysticism domain (CD)
Celestial Creature template, LA +2

Shining Blade of Heironeous (variant from the Dragon #283) Smite Evil 1/day at 1st level, 2/day at 4th, 3/day at 7th, and 4/day at 10th

Also, what's patron deity of your character? First build have Initiate of Bahamut; then, later, Initiate of Torm (Also, Initiate of Bahamut is only for clerics, and 1st build doesn't have a single level of Cleric)I will probably stick to Paladin, because its casting is the simplest way of getting access to Devastating Smite. Also, all of the initiate feat options for entry into Triadic Knight require Paladin levels.

Initiate of Bahamut is being qualified for via this bit of bad writing in Races of the Dragon.

Dragons automatically qualify for any classes, prestige classes, racial substitution levels, feats, powers or spells that require the dragonblood subtype.

It's a mostly unnecessary bit of cheese that's not really there for any good reason. All versions worship Torm, as his initiate feat is the lowest bar of entry into Triadic Knight, and none of the initiate feats amount to more than a feat tax, though the first build needs to start out worshiping some god or ideal of Trickery and then convert sometime between 2nd and in order to meet 5th level in order to meet the Disguise prereq for Consecrated Harrier.

dysprosium
2015-02-20, 03:11 PM
I thought you picked Initiate of Torm because it gave you another smite per day.

ShurikVch
2015-02-20, 04:09 PM
I will probably stick to Paladin, because its casting is the simplest way of getting access to Devastating Smite. You misunderstood me. I'm not suggest to abandon Paladin completely.
But how often your builds actually able to Smite Evil?
1st - 4/day, 2nd - 3/day + 1/5 turns
It's what, one Threefold Smite per day? Kinda underwhelming...
I suggested possibilities to increase usage-per-day

Also, all of the initiate feat options for entry into Triadic Knight require Paladin levels. It's not true
Initiate of Ilmater and Initiate of Torm are may be taken by clerics, and Initiate of Tyr is Cleric-only feat

Initiate of Bahamut is being qualified for via this bit of bad writing in Races of the Dragon.

It's a mostly unnecessary bit of cheese that's not really there for any good reason. All versions worship Torm, as his initiate feat is the lowest bar of entry into Triadic Knight, and none of the initiate feats amount to more than a feat tax, though the first build needs to start out worshiping some god or ideal of Trickery and then convert sometime between 2nd and in order to meet 5th level in order to meet the Disguise prereq for Consecrated Harrier. If you use Dragonwrought Kobold cheese, then why only one Great Smiting?
Take it at 9th, 12th, 15th and 18th levels - x5 Smite damage (x6 with Devastating Smite), and it's without the Threefold Smite

WhamBamSam
2015-02-20, 05:37 PM
I thought you picked Initiate of Torm because it gave you another smite per day.Not quite. It gives its own special snowflake variety of smiting which doesn't stack in any meaningful way with Smite Evil or even work at range.

You misunderstood me. I'm not suggest to abandon Paladin completely.
But how often your builds actually able to Smite Evil?
1st - 4/day, 2nd - 3/day + 1/5 turns
It's what, one Threefold Smite per day? Kinda underwhelming...
I suggested possibilities to increase usage-per-dayAh, I see. That's a fair point, it's worthwhile to see if I can't dredge up a few more Smite attempts per day without burning feats.

You're miscounting though. The first build has 2 (Paladin)+1 (Triadic Knight)+1 (Gray Guard)+1 (Initiate of Bahamut)+4 (Extra Smiting x2)=9/day and the second has 1 (Paladin)+1 (Triadic Knight)+1 Grey Guard+4 (Extra Smiting x2)=7/day+1/5 rounds. So both can make 3 Threefold Smites per day.

It's not true
Initiate of Ilmater and Initiate of Torm are may be taken by clerics, and Initiate of Tyr is Cleric-only featTechnically, yes. Still, the point stands, that I'm basically locked into Paladin and Initiate of Torm if I want to get Threefold Smite.

If you use Dragonwrought Kobold cheese, then why only one Great Smiting?
Take it at 9th, 12th, 15th and 18th levels - x5 Smite damage (x6 with Devastating Smite), and it's without the Threefold SmitePartly it's that even a Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold can't qualify for Great Smiting before 16th level without relying on Cha boosting items. Partly it was wanting to squeeze in some Extra Smiting feats (though maybe a Kobold just using Great Smiting and not bothering with Triadic Knight would be worth trying as a more long-lasting cheese version). I did note the possibility of putting in a few more Great Smiting feats on the first build for those that can count on the items being there and don't care about blowing their righteous load in one round.

ShurikVch
2015-02-20, 06:27 PM
You're miscounting though. I'm completely missed feats... :smallsigh:

Partly it's that even a Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold can't qualify for Great Smiting before 16th level without relying on Cha boosting items. 18 at start
+3 as Venerable
+2 by Magic-Blooded template
+1 at 4th and 8th