PDA

View Full Version : A reimagining of The Big Lebowski - with The Muppets

theskorpionking
2015-02-18, 04:32 AM
A friend and I sometimes gets really bored at work. So we have plenty of time to talk about a variety of topics. One of our favorites is movies and remaking them. Or more to the point, how we would remake them with today's stars. One movie that we discussed was one of my personal favorites, The Big Lebowski.
I'm still not sure how the Muppets became involved, but we went with it. Our cast list isn't complete, we only managed to come up with some of the main characters. Kermit the frog would be The Dude, Fozzie Bear would be Walter and Gonzo would be Donnie. And it would only make sense for Miss Piggy to play Maude(sp?). After that it gets a little harder to match other Muppets to the right characters. This is where you, my fellow playgrounders come in. Help us finish the cast list. You can even use characters from Sesame Street If it will help.

Lentrax
2015-02-18, 11:31 AM
Swedish Chef as Jackie Treehorn.

Bert as Jesus, with Ernie being his teammate.

Janice as Bunny.

Kid Jake
2015-02-18, 07:55 PM
Statler and Waldorf would have to be the Big Lebowski himself and his butler Brandt. I don't care which one is which. :smallbiggrin:

Thrudd
2015-02-20, 03:45 PM
I think Rolf the Dog would be a better Dude than Kermit.

Ranxerox
2015-02-21, 06:29 PM
For the Big Lebowski, I would go with Rigel myself. Sure I'm leaving the Mupped Show, but it is still a Jim Henson muppet.

Lentrax
2015-02-22, 03:50 AM
I think Rolf the Dog would be a better Dude than Kermit.

No, no, you make Rolf the Stranger.
Use the crew of Pigs in Space for Woo and the other thug who try to shake down the Dude.
Dr. Teeth as Da Fino, the private investigator.

Kid Jake
2015-02-22, 11:27 AM
For the Big Lebowski, I would go with Rigel myself. Sure I'm leaving the Mupped Show, but it is still a Jim Henson muppet.

I think I'd actually use Rygel in place of the ferret. :smalltongue: He'd be pretty damned terrifying when you're naked in a bathtub.

theskorpionking
2015-02-23, 06:37 AM
Is it bad when almost a week goes by and you don't reply to a thread that you made? I have to agree with Lentrax about Rolf being the stranger. He kind of gives off the Sam Elliot vibe. Not sure about the Rygel angle myself. He would make a good Big Leboswki, there is no doubt about that. A better ferret stand in would be Ms. Piggy's little dog. And Dr. Teeth, I had pictured him, Animal and Floyd as the nihilists. So if we went with that choice, then that would make Janice the girlfriend. I guess I'm not sure who would play Bunny in that situation. As far as the private investigator, I think maybe changing my version of Donnie with Scooter, then casting Gonzo the Great as the PI. One last thing, are there any playgrounders out there with some artistic abilities or maybe have awesome photoshopping abilities? Because I would like to see if someone could make some of these casting ideas more visual. I hope that made sense, because it kinda did to me.

Lentrax
2015-02-24, 03:27 PM
Dr. Bunsen as the funeral home director.

Lord Loss
2015-02-24, 11:01 PM
I think I'd actually use Rygel in place of the ferret. :smalltongue:

That's just, like, your opinion, man. :smalltongue:

...not that I disagree or anything. It just had to be said.

This would probably also work with Sesame Street characters XD

Coidzor
2015-02-25, 12:51 AM
A friend and I sometimes gets really bored at work. So we have plenty of time to talk about a variety of topics. One of our favorites is movies and remaking them. Or more to the point, how we would remake them with today's stars. One movie that we discussed was one of my personal favorites, The Big Lebowski.
I'm still not sure how the Muppets became involved, but we went with it. Our cast list isn't complete, we only managed to come up with some of the main characters. Kermit the frog would be The Dude, Fozzie Bear would be Walter and Gonzo would be Donnie. And it would only make sense for Miss Piggy to play Maude(sp?). After that it gets a little harder to match other Muppets to the right characters. This is where you, my fellow playgrounders come in. Help us finish the cast list. You can even use characters from Sesame Street If it will help.

Now I have to go and rewatch The Big Lebowski. :smallbiggrin:

At first I thought this was a new Cookie Monster Theater thing, though. XD

theskorpionking
2015-02-25, 04:17 AM
This would probably also work with Sesame Street characters XD

I think I said the sesame Street gang was fair game. So post your ideas, I'd like to see them.

theskorpionking
2015-03-03, 07:12 PM
I just want to say thank you to everyone who either replied to or viewed this thread. It was fun sharing it with the playground. So if and when it disappears, I'll be happy that I shared my ideas.

theskorpionking
2015-03-25, 08:40 AM
I've seen that I've had a few more views since I last posted here. If anyone new has any ideas for casting, I'd love to hear them.