PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Looking for Ideas to Steal

Huldaerus
2015-02-18, 05:08 AM
Hi folks!

I'm preparing a new game and I need some ideas to steal. I would like to know if you know about some modules of D&D or Pathfinder, around level 6, or even from other systems that features any of those:

a) amazons
b) a festival or a carnival. Bonus if hosted in a small town and attacked in media res.
c) a poison/illness/curse/alien-thing that makes people mad and want to kill things
d) a quest for an antidote/cure. Bonus if you get them from fey. Fighting them or making a deal, I don't care. Maybe both.
e) an abandoned town with a lonely survivor

Any reference is greatly appreciated!

Caylin
2015-02-18, 05:38 AM
The Speaker in Dreams is a 3.0 adventure that takes place in a small town during a festival. It also features a mad cult. Maybe you can use it as is or at least the map and some ideas?

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-02-18, 02:52 PM
Something I saw recently on greentext stories had the idea of the PCs stopping a mad cult who wish to someone the "great ones." The PCs are led to believe that these cultists are trying to someone some eldritch horrors, but in reality, they are merely "training" the PCs to the point where they can take out the real evils or horrors.

Huldaerus
2015-02-19, 03:11 AM
Thank you, Caylin! I'll take a look at it.

Morof Stonehands
2015-02-19, 08:58 AM
Carnival of Tears Pathfinder adventure is for level 5 characters. Has a carnival and fey.

Huldaerus
2015-02-20, 03:08 AM
I will take a look. Thanks!

Segev
2015-02-20, 12:25 PM
I have a low-level (1-3) module I wrote years ago which involves a wererat infection plague, and a subsequent search for a cure. The cure-search is not well fleshed-out, though.