PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a campaign

MrMercury
2015-02-18, 08:25 AM
So me and my brother are getting into DnD 3.5 after trying 4.0

The problem is: it's just us two. In 4.0 we played Cleric (him) and Wizard (me), and are going to take the same roles in 3.5. Now in 4.0, it wasn't much of a problem as I'd just write up a lot of the campaign before hand and just guide us through it, with me taking the back seat and letting him make all the decisions (since I knew where all the loot/hidden stuff was). Since preparing spells was a lot easier in 4.0, I'd just go evocation and just blast my way through enemies.

Now the problem is, in 3.5, spell progression is A LOT different. I only get 2 spells per level, and the DM (me) decides when I get the opportunity to get more. This already is a problem, since I'd just either give myself the spells I want resulting in a quick progression, or give myself the spells I don't want, and make the game less enjoyable for myself. Additionally, it'd be a problem to write up the campaigns that we'd go through- since a wizard prepares ALL their spells in 3.5, I'd prepare them knowing what is to come. This means, that if I set creatures with spell resistance/ resistance to an energy type, I'd just plan around this.

So what I'm looking for is a campaign that I don't have to do much as the DM. I want a campaign where I can just read out the passages, let my brother make the decisions, then read the next passage depending on it, and run into the creatures the campaign has set for us without me knowing. Also, preferably the campaign gives me the opportunities to get spells. This means that I can freely plan out my spells without feeling like I'm just cheating my way to victory, as well as getting spells that I feel I'm either intentionally granting myself good opportunities or bad ones.

So is there a campaign I can just walk us through? If so, where? Preferably free, I'm a uni student and he's a high school student, so we don't have cash to throw around.

Edit: also wasn't sure if I should file this under DM help or Player help, since technically I'm both in this scenario

Kid Jake
2015-02-18, 04:52 PM
Googling 'Free D&D 3.5 Modules' gave me this (http://www.dungeonmastering.com/campaigns-adventures/83-free-dd-adventures). A lot of that stuff looks like it's 4e, but I'm pretty sure I saw a handful or so that are 3.5