PDA

View Full Version : [FRIEND/FOE] The hidden web

Rimx
2007-04-06, 09:33 PM
I've wanted to do something with aranea. They're a classic D&D monster that has received little attention in the current edition. I've got a bunch of ideas for them. Unfortunatly the power supply on the computer with my notes on it died, so I'm posting . If I don't finish this, I'll post them on the other forum.

The aranea believe that the five gods weave the web that flows through Ursole and connects all things. According to their mythology, even though the gods were wise and powerful they could not directly correct the flaws that appeared in such a complex web. If the flaws were not corrected the web would become distorted and imbalanced, eventually tearing itself apart. To fix these flaws the gods created the aranea. For ages the aranea maintained the web using powerful magics. Then the humans came and burned their web cities. Not wanting to see their loyal servants destroyed they gave the aranea a human form so they could live among the humans unmolested.

With the araneas' home destroyed, the web could no longer be maintained. Over the the years the web became more and more distorted and imbalanced. The aranea believe that the Weeping is the first sign that the web is on the verge of collapse. If nothing is done to correct it the, soon all of ursole will be faced with even greater horrors.

to the F. and other peoples the aranea are nomadic humans. Once tghey were slaves of evil spiderfolk, but were freed by Caltan warriors. Aranea still have traces of the spiderfolk bloodline. Practically all aranea can breifly take a hybrid spiderlike form. Some of their sorcerers are able to tap this ability to take the form of their former masters.

The aranea live in caravans that travel across the empire and sell their wares. They are also well known for their fortune tellers. They use webs to predict the future. Most predictions are very vague and unlikely to come true.

Rimx
2007-04-06, 09:33 PM
extra extra extra