PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] 1/2 Ogre Unarmed Fighter

Thurbane
2015-02-18, 07:57 PM
Hey all,

Just a request/build challenge.

Say I want to make a 1/2 Ogre (RoD, not SS or Dragon Mag) who is an effective unarmed melee combatant.

But I want to use the following restrictions:

MUST be unarmed strikes, not natural attacks (claws etc.).
No caster levels, manifester levels, incarnum, binding etc. Mundane classes where possible.
No monk, unarmed swordsage or battledancer levels. At all.
Race cannot be changed, and no templates.
Not overly reliant on items if possible - most of the damage should come from levels and feats.

Cheers - T

Greenish
2015-02-18, 08:04 PM
At what level?

I like a simple barbarian 2/pugilist 2/fist of the forest 1-3 as a starting point for punchy builds. You can follow up with frostrager or whathaveyou, probably not bear warrior for a character who's natively large. Aside from qualifying feats, you should have enough to spare Steadfast Determination and Extra Rage at least.

Karl Aegis
2015-02-18, 08:09 PM
Swordsage with Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike, Snap Kick and Adaptive Style. 5/6 of your disciplines have unarmed strikes on their favored weapons list.

Greenish
2015-02-18, 08:30 PM
Swordsage with Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike, Snap Kick and Adaptive Style. 5/6 of your disciplines have unarmed strikes on their favored weapons list.Heh, I see what you did there.

Thurbane
2015-02-18, 09:34 PM
Snapshots at 6th, 12th and 20th ECL.

No Dragon Mag material please...

Greenish
2015-02-18, 09:53 PM
Hmmph.

ECL 6: Barbarian 2/Fighter 2. Extra Rage, Great Fortitude, IUS, PA. Just on the cusp of entering Fist of the Forest. Can fight unarmed, but seriously would do better with a solid two-hander. Whirlipounce + trip, could take Hit & Run Tactics fighter for the Init boost.

ECL 12: Bought off the level adjustments. Barbarian 2/Fighter 2/Fist of the Forest 3/Frostrager 5. Extra Rage, Great Fortitude, Imp. Trip, IUS, PA, Frozen Berserker, INA, Snap Kick (or replace the latter two with Imp. Grapple + Scorpion's Grasp). Needs slight DM adjustment for frostrager unarmed damage.

ECL 20: I dunno, given limits kinda preclude doing much anything interesting at this level. Could go initiator, I guess.

What Karl suggested is basically better at every level, though.