PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bloodrager-primalist bloodline/rage powers building

Sergeek
2015-02-18, 08:53 PM
So I'm really curious about doing Primalist with Arcane bloodline and buffing spell selection, but I'm somewhat confused with powers selection.
Should I even consider Disruptive Bloodrage/Disruptive/Spellbreaker? It appears to me high level casters won't fail much to make it worthwhile.
I was thinking about swapping anti-caster things with juicy rage powers - but unfortunately superstition branch isn't working properly if you aren't human and cast spells on yourself. You also can't ragecycle as freely, since spellslots. So now I'm stuck with this build:

1 Level Slot - Lesser Beast Totem/Beast Totem retrained from Disruptive Bloodrage at level 6

4 Level Slot - Arcane Bloodrage

8 Level Slot - Greater Arcane Bloodrage

12 Level Slot - Greater Beast Totem/Come And Get Me

16 Level Slot - Reckless Abandon/???

20 Level Slot - ???/???

Any suggestions?

CGNefarious
2015-02-18, 09:15 PM
First you should note that you can't trade out your first level bloodrage power. Secondly, if you retrain something you can only replace it with something that you would have qualified for at the time you too the original ability.

That said, the Beast Totem line and Come and Get Me are great choices. Are you going to be using natural or manufactured weapons as your main focus?

Sergeek
2015-02-18, 10:11 PM
First you should note that you can't trade out your first level bloodrage power. Secondly, if you retrain something you can only replace it with something that you would have qualified for at the time you too the original ability.

Damn! I thought I could retrain class abilities just as easy as feats. What should I do then? I really want to have those Arcane Bloodrages, but getting beast totem and CaGM so late in progression will render this build so weak.

That said, the Beast Totem line and Come and Get Me are great choices. Are you going to be using natural or manufactured weapons as your main focus?
Manufactured.

CGNefarious
2015-02-18, 10:54 PM
Feats follow the same retraining rules. You can only retrain for feats that you could have gotten when you got the feat you're trading out.

Honestly I don't think you need to go through the Beast Totem line. Pounce is very good, but I think the Arcane Bloodrage powers are better. And getting pounce two levels later won't be the end of the world if you still decide you want to go that route. You're still going to completely wreck house in melee. Just remember that any type of difficult terrain or hard to reach enemy will prevent you from charging and getting the benefit of your pounce. If your DM doesn't add obstacles or varied terrain to many of your fights, pounce will be much more effective. But if he does, you might be better off spending your resources elsewhere.

grarrrg
2015-02-18, 11:36 PM
Feats follow the same retraining rules. You can only retrain for feats that you could have gotten when you got the feat you're trading out.

Partially incorrect (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining).
"The old feat can't be one you used as a prerequisite for a feat, class feature, archetype, prestige class, or other ability. If the old feat is a bonus feat granted by a class feature, you must replace it with a feat that you could choose using that class feature."

As long as it is a feat from Levels, not class, and it isn't a prereq for something else, you can retrain it into anything you want/can.

Sergeek
2015-02-19, 12:22 AM
Pounce is very good, but I think the Arcane Bloodrage powers are better.
I just can't see much of utility in them aside from first two Arcane Rages.
Whole disruption chain is heavily negated by combat casting and capstone is rather weak.
True Arcane Bloodrage is somewhat appealing, but from what I understand polymorph renders most of your equipment useless and puts a lot more of bookkeeping on the table.

CGNefarious
2015-02-19, 07:54 AM
Partially incorrect (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining).
"The old feat can't be one you used as a prerequisite for a feat, class feature, archetype, prestige class, or other ability. If the old feat is a bonus feat granted by a class feature, you must replace it with a feat that you could choose using that class feature."

As long as it is a feat from Levels, not class, and it isn't a prereq for something else, you can retrain it into anything you want/can.

Huh. I've never used the retraining rules before, but I had always assumed you couldn't switch out, say, you feat gained at first level for something you only qualified for at sixth. Guess I was mistaken.

I just can't see much of utility in them aside from first two Arcane Rages.
Whole disruption chain is heavily negated by combat casting and capstone is rather weak.
True Arcane Bloodrage is somewhat appealing, but from what I understand polymorph renders most of your equipment useless and puts a lot more of bookkeeping on the table.

I was mainly referring to those first two Arcane Bloodrages, but True Arcane Bloodrage is good as well. And you only lose your armor and shield, as well as any activated items, when using Dragon Form or Beast Shape. You can still use weapons (assuming your new form can use them) and retain all static bonuses. These limitations don't apply to Transformation at all, though you do lose spellcasting for the duration.