PDA

View Full Version : Gloom Golem, what do?

torrasque666
2015-02-18, 10:04 PM
So..... due to DM shenanigans I am now in the body of a Gloom Golem. I'm a psion(telepath) 5/diamond dragon 1.

Quick question: given that the situation was similar to a True Mind Switch, do I incur the creatures RHD when calculating me ECL for xp?

Silva Stormrage
2015-02-18, 10:40 PM
So..... due to DM shenanigans I am now in the body of a Gloom Golem. I'm a psion(telepath) 5/diamond dragon 1.

Quick question: given that the situation was similar to a True Mind Switch, do I incur the creatures RHD when calculating me ECL for xp?

Nope, you solely gain what is on the mind switch power description. Racial HD is not amongst the listed items.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitch.htm

It is strictly a power boost. Assuming you had a regular race before the switch.

I will note though that true mind switch shouldn't work on a golem (Only living creatures), but DM fiat can change that so I am just noting. The only real downside I can see is the lack of a con score which means low HP. I would suggest using Vigor a lot :smallbiggrin:

torrasque666
2015-02-18, 10:48 PM
Nope, you solely gain what is on the mind switch power description. Racial HD is not amongst the listed items.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitch.htm

It is strictly a power boost. Assuming you had a regular race before the switch.

I will note though that true mind switch shouldn't work on a golem (Only living creatures), but DM fiat can change that so I am just noting. The only real downside I can see is the lack of a con score which means low HP. I would suggest using Vigor a lot :smallbiggrin:

It was through a DM-fiated artifact that we had come across that had the effect of "when holder dies, revives in nearest creature." Cue me throwing myself at a golem when at 7 HP.

Silva Stormrage
2015-02-18, 11:46 PM
It was through a DM-fiated artifact that we had come across that had the effect of "when holder dies, revives in nearest creature." Cue me throwing myself at a golem when at 7 HP.

Nice :smalltongue: Thats actually a pretty cool artifact. But ya don't worry about the RHD. See if you can enhance yourself with construct only boost templates. The Sacred Guardian template from Bestiary of Krynn is freaking AMAZING and super cheap. It doesn't have an LA so DM might decide you are an NPC but the Gloom Golem is ALSO LA - so ask away.