PDA

View Full Version : Half Orc Swashbuckler

Blackhawk748
2015-02-18, 10:06 PM
Yup, im making this sub par combo. Why? because the thought of being a suave and seductive swashbuckling orc is hilarious.

Arcane Stunt Seduction Swashbuckler 3/ Sneak Attack Hit and Run Fighter 1/Rogue 1/ Swashbuckler 1/ Lotta empty levels 14

Feats (with one Flaw)
1st: Martial Study (Clinging Shadow Strike), Martial Stance (Island of Blades)
3rd: Shadow Blade
6th:Daring Outlaw

So there it is, i have all of 6 levels planned out, so theres a lot to work with here, im just not sure what else i should do. The goal here is to be a sociable dashing rake and pretty good in a fight, so Dex and Int will be the primaries with Str falling by the wayside. My lazy plan is just to finish with more Swashbuckler levels as i cant really argue with full sneak attack and full BaB, but i feel that there has to be a better plan. So thanks in advance.

gorfnab
2015-02-18, 11:13 PM
While slightly dubious you could go with something like Feat Rogue 1/ Swashbuckler 3/ Sneak Attack Fighter 3/ Swordsage 2/ Feat Rogue 11 and take Daring Outlaw at 9th level. This gives you plenty of sneak attack, some maneuvers and stances (without using feats slots), 16 BAB, and bonus fighter feats for whatever fighting style you go for. You could put the first level of Swordsage at level 6 to pick up Shadowblade earlier, and just take the second level a little later (like at 9th level) to meet the prereq IL for Assassins Stance.

Flickerdart
2015-02-18, 11:34 PM
While slightly dubious... Feat Rogue 1/...Rogue 11
That's not slightly dubious, it's straight up forbidden - you cannot multiclass between variants.

Karl Aegis
2015-02-18, 11:44 PM
The Swashbuckler class actually does a poor job at swashbuckling. You should probably have a different class and call yourself a swashbuckler, unless you're perfectly fine with not being able to deal with enemies whose armor is thicker than comical wit.

Greenish
2015-02-18, 11:44 PM
I think he meant the other rogue levels to also be feat rogue. The dubiousness would be the ol' "feat rogue levels progressing SA via Daring Outlaw" trick.

gorfnab
2015-02-19, 12:34 AM
I think he meant the other rogue levels to also be feat rogue. The dubiousness would be the ol' "feat rogue levels progressing SA via Daring Outlaw" trick.
That is correct. Easy to fix in my post though. But yes with that build you would be looking for a lenient DM ruling on Daring Outlaw.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-02-19, 12:42 AM
Daring Outlaw requires the Grace class feature, which you don't get if you're using Arcane Stunt. You can't have both.

Trade the Rogue level for Psychic Rogue (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b), you can get psionic feats like Up The Walls (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#upTheWalls) and use Dorjes (psionic wands) of any power on their class power list. A Spellthief level is also extremely useful because it allows you to use wands of any Wizard spells from the schools it gets access to, namely Wraithstrike.

I would make it Swashbuckler 3/ Spellthief 1/ Psychic Rogue 1/ Hit And Run Sneak Attack Fighter 1/ Feat Rogue 14, with fractional BAB you'll have +16 at 20th. Daring Outlaw makes your Feat Rogue levels give you sneak attack, so at 20th you'll have +12d6 in addition to eight bonus feats. Consider starting the build with Feat Rogue at 1st level, so you don't need a flaw for Martial Study/Stance and you'll have more base skill points at x4. Definitely pick up TWF and Craven, and I would include a visit to the Otyugh Hole in CS to get Iron Will. The Mage Slayer line of feats wouldn't be a bad idea on this character, you'll have plenty to spare.