PDA

View Full Version : ways to change a spell's save?

Crake
2015-02-19, 03:24 AM
Are there any ways out there to change a spell's save from say, fort to will or the like?

sideswipe
2015-02-19, 06:22 AM
Are there any ways out there to change a spell's save from say, fort to will or the like?

looking through my feat compendium. no.

the closest is adding extra effects that have a different save type attached, but they are very rare too. (i think 1 or 2)

AngelOfFaith
2015-02-19, 08:00 AM
The only way I can think of is to research your own custom version of the spell in order for it to target the save you want.

Rebel7284
2015-02-19, 09:00 AM
Spellwarp Sniper can remove a save completely from some spells. =)

Shadow Conjuration/Evocation add a will save, but keep their original save too.

Red Fel
2015-02-19, 09:26 AM
In PF, the Words of Power alternative magic system allows you to integrate various effects into your own homemade spells. Whichever effect is the highest level determines the save the spell will use. Thus, you can have a Fireball that targets a Will save, a fear effect that targets Reflex, or a compulsion that targets Fort, at your discretion.

But that's assuming you use PF. And Words of Power.

Glimbur
2015-02-19, 04:52 PM
Enveloping Cocoon from Spell Compendium is a Ref save, and you can attach a few spells which normally offer a save to it (like Poison or Infestation of Maggots). The second spell does not offer a save. It's a pretty limited list though, and it's a 6th level Druid spell, so it might not do what you want.