PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Hurler Magus Question

SirWolf312
2015-02-19, 04:18 AM
The Arcane Hurler archetype's Arcane Imubement replaces knowledge pool and spell recall. How does this change improved spell recall? My guess would be that it replaces that as well because of how powerful the imbument feature could be, but otherwise I would guess that you just gain spell recall at 11th level instead of improved spell recall.

Kurald Galain
2015-02-19, 07:09 AM
The Arcane Hurler archetype's Arcane Imubement replaces knowledge pool and spell recall. How does this change improved spell recall? My guess would be that it replaces that as well because of how powerful the imbument feature could be, but otherwise I would guess that you just gain spell recall at 11th level instead of improved spell recall.

Technically the Hurler does get Improved Spell Recall. However, the way ISR is written ("Whenever he recalls a spell with spell recall...") it doesn't actually do anything unless you have Spell Recall.

SirWolf312
2015-02-20, 12:18 AM
That's why I was asking, it's useless without spell recall, hence my guesses in the first post.

Kurald Galain
2015-02-20, 04:31 AM
That's why I was asking, it's useless without spell recall, hence my guesses in the first post.

Yes, you do get the ability even though it's useless, and no you don't gain regular spell recall instead.

Feint's End
2015-02-20, 04:50 AM
Yes, you do get the ability even though it's useless, and no you don't gain regular spell recall instead.

This is strict RAW however and probably not intended. In my personal understanding Arcane Imbuement is meant to replace Improved Spell Recall too. It seems like it scales up fairly good and you get one of the improvements on a level you'd get ISR.