PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Reign of Winter Character.

Valdras
2015-02-19, 10:51 AM
Hello all,

After a long break from playing Pathfinder, my group is looking to play again, and we are looking at playing Reign of Winter, and I am stuck trying to choose between 3 different characters that I want to play, and I thought I would get opinions. Using 20 point buy and pretty much all the pathfinder sources, just not any Third Party stuff.

First up was my Probably Not Evil True Neutral Human Divine Commander Warpriest of Norgorber, Vigo.

Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 11,
Traits to make Stealth and Perception class skills,
Points in Perception, Sense Motive, Spell Craft, Heal and Stealth,
Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus (Kukri)

And his faithful companion Janosz the Wolf, who has points in stealth and the feat Steathly.

Being true neutral, he like seeking out secrets for his God, keeping hidden knowledge hidden, unless it gives him an advantage. He wants to know the secrets causing the little pockets of frozen weather, to see if it can be used for an advantage.

My Second option is Nero the Lawful Good Demon-spawn Tiefling Warrior of the Holy Light Paladin of Pharasma (what a mouthfull).

Str 16, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16,
No idea what traits to take, But he has skills in Diplomacy, Sense motice and spellcraft.

Took armour of the pit for the +2 natural armour, and sword(well warhammer) and board with medium armour for protection.

Typically he hates the undead, so much he took the Oath Against Undeath, though the reason he does is that his brother was a necromancer, and for so long he trusted him that he wasn't evil, it was quite a rude shock when he discovered he had been lying the whole time. Since that discovery (and failure to kill him) he pretty much suspects any evil to be coming from an undead or Necromantic source, so he has concerns that all these odd spots of cold weather is something he should be looking into.

And last but not least, we have Frank, the True Neutral Aasimar Separatist Undead Lord of Pharasma.

Str 11, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 16
Blessed Touch and Spirit Guide for traits, with Command Undead and Versatile Channeler(so I can use command undead)

A point in Knowledge Religion and Planes, sense motive and spellcraft.

Frank believes that Pharasma has it mostly right, with the way she deals with the undead. Sure, raising people against their will is wrong, but once they are already raised, well, that's a resource that's going to waste. Keep what you can control, and lay the rest into their deserved slumber. His view on this might come from the fact that he has his best friend with him at all times, sure he might be a little undead from a run in with another necromancer that killed him and raised him again, but Frank likes to think he appreciates the fact he liberated him from servitude. Frank wants to check out the strange weather spots simply because its easier to hide his friends "condition" if he is rugged up in cold weather gear.

So yeah, I can't decide which one of these three would be the most fun to play... Has any one who has played Reign of Winter got any suggestions which would probably be the most fun in it?

Razo1204
2015-02-20, 04:13 PM
I haven't played that adventure path yet so I can't comment on which one would stand out best for that story.

All of these characters have a well developed background making any of them worth playing. I personally like the paladin the best because his story allows for the most plot hooks a GM can throw at you. I see the paladin as being curious about everything and not being able to trust anyone. There's just something about a paladin who is considered "damaged goods" that's oddly appealing. If your DM likes to add stuff from your background into the adventure path, you have already given him a foil character to bring into the game. I may have to steal the concept if I ever play a paladin. :smallsmile:

That's just my 2 copper pieces though.